Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

9,607 replies to this topic
OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

user posted image

I like how Suge Knight has a problem with it not having a Death Row chain. beefin with holograms.

To be honest though, the whole things a bit creepy.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Speaking of Suge Knight, apparently he suggested that Tupac is still alive, and said he never actually seen him dead (no idea if he was actually serious or trollin'). LOL, combine that with the hologram and the f*cking conspiracy nuts will be going crazy.

This is the kind of Dre and Snoop performace I miss - by far the best they've ever done. Watching them at Coachella just made me want to watch the Up In Smoke film again.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

This track is currently one of my most played tracks in my whole library, getting a huge amount of plays whilst getting stoned:

Brilliant.

Been going through a sh*tload of hip-hop instrumentals as of lately too. Damu The Fudgemunk is brilliant, a long with some DJ Cam, especially the Success track, of which I can't find the right mix on YT. confused.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 10:35)
This track is currently one of my most played tracks in my whole library, getting a huge amount of plays whilst getting stoned:

Brilliant.

Been going through a sh*tload of hip-hop instrumentals as of lately too. Damu The Fudgemunk is brilliant, a long with some DJ Cam, especially the Success track, of which I can't find the right mix on YT. confused.gif

That's some good sh*t there, can't say i have heard much rap like that.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Thoughts on NAS, Behind the Music? Was on the other night, I caught some of it, the tail end, I'm not a fan, but I think I enjoyed one video he did, and I respect him working with his dad, and handling his mother's death

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Shame I don't get to see those shows slam its like $80 a month to get paytv here to watch them.

New b.o.b song its nice I like it, mainstream yes but who cares? So long as it sounds good right?

hopefully the embed didn't fail since I am on my phone.

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 22:49)
QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 18:41)
QUOTE (Tommy. @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 06:48)
Tupac Shakaur performed at Coachella with Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg! It was a hologram but it looked f*cking good icon14.gif

You're sh*tting me if you think that he was really a hologram. Pure bullsh*t. He performed Hail Mary, as far as I know, he has no recorded tour performances from The Seven Day Theory other than To Live and Die in L.A. and Toss It Up. That was Tupac, and I know Tupac when I see him. I still believe dammit! catspider.gif

[Supreme]

Unless you are trolling you are a total dumbass and all my respect for you is out the window.
-
I love techn9ne, he is a fantastic rapper and i also love B.O.B, and they collaborate here, im sure you guys have heard it.
I swear Tech N9ne for a while was the only person keeping good mainstream rap alive, i do like how even though he can spit rhymes incredibly fast he doesn't always unlike *Cough Twister Cough*

I'm much more inclined to this version though. Makes the song more psychotic with the lyrics.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 23:35)

Brilliant.

The Alchemist is quickly rising to the top of my favorite producers list. Dude can make some sick sh*t.

Always gotta get these dudes recognition. Peep them out if you're into the instrumentals.

FoxTint
  • FoxTint

Gun it, playa

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nas: Life is Good. Finally, a release date for it!

I'm loving the new Nasty Nas, hope he doesn't turn mainstream. What do y'all think?

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:35 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 25 April 2012 - 11:01 PM.

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 07:28)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 23:35)

[/youtube]J2uoIWXavH8[/youtube]

Brilliant.

The Alchemist is quickly rising to the top of my favorite producers list. Dude can make some sick sh*t.

[/youtube]Ew3AC8_Pdvg[/youtube]

Always gotta get these dudes recognition. Peep them out if you're into the instrumentals.

[/youtube]4Z1zNHc18qM[/youtube]

I'm pretty backlogged at the minute regarding hip-hop instrumentals, since I made a topic not so long ago asking for suggestions. Got a load of brilliant suggestions, but found a ton more too, but I know I have The Alchemist stored somewhere, so will have to check it out soon. smile.gif

Anyone ever listened to DJ Krush? Had a quick listen through one of the albums, and it didn't really grab my attention, apart from a few tracks, but was wondering if there's better to come from him as I trawl through the discography?

In terms of producers though, I think RJD2 is still sitting at the top of my list. Wasn't that big a fan of The Colossus album. Great album, don't get me wrong, but I find his older work to be so much better, such as the RJD2 Is God album.

Leave you with a track that's been getting a few plays from me:

Another one:

Let that bass groove for a little while...

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

I have respect for music that I like, music that's good. Despite any feelings DOOM has against me, it's worth looking back at these cases and artists who did give so much to the music scene
How did they die? Why? Was there some slanted journalism that seems to spread a stereotypical view. PLEASE don't get defensive about this, just talk calmly about this, give everyone due

http://www.mtv.com/n...-murdered.jhtml

http://www.mtv.com/n...ive/index.jhtml

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

PLEASE don't get offended! dozingoff.gif

Gotta like individuals like John H. McWhorter who don't think twice about typing what he thinks or what he thinks he thinks. I get offensive when people who have no interest or knowledge of rap music try to act like they know what it's about as if they know what they're talking about. Damn shame really.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (autotheftisgrand @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 17:57)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 22:49)
QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 18:41)
QUOTE (Tommy. @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 06:48)
Tupac Shakaur performed at Coachella with Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg! It was a hologram but it looked f*cking good icon14.gif

You're sh*tting me if you think that he was really a hologram. Pure bullsh*t. He performed Hail Mary, as far as I know, he has no recorded tour performances from The Seven Day Theory other than To Live and Die in L.A. and Toss It Up. That was Tupac, and I know Tupac when I see him. I still believe dammit! catspider.gif

[Supreme]

Unless you are trolling you are a total dumbass and all my respect for you is out the window.
-
I love techn9ne, he is a fantastic rapper and i also love B.O.B, and they collaborate here, im sure you guys have heard it.
I swear Tech N9ne for a while was the only person keeping good mainstream rap alive, i do like how even though he can spit rhymes incredibly fast he doesn't always unlike *Cough Twister Cough*

I'm much more inclined to this version though. Makes the song more psychotic with the lyrics.

I like it the lyrics are more...colourful, but being a fan of tech n9ne I prefer his voice.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:59 PM Edited by Slamman, 26 April 2012 - 08:50 PM.

I wasn't asking for a debate with member Doom about what is exaggerated in any press regarding rap feuds and the violence, but this music is particular to the inner-city, urban blight, the projects, the ghetto, and any other idea that it isn't just doesn't ring true. That's my opinion perhaps, but I asked for proof if this is somehow a false statement. If you were to compare it to other musical genres

In looking up online articles (I refer my own knowledge to things PRE-Internet, as I am that old, yes
I don't just refer to online things in the current state of affairs, often a person's perception is shaped over the years, not at any one time, so that's why I don't have a long list of things that shaped my opinion.

http://rap.about.com...phopmoments.htm

http://www.watchmojo...dex.php?id=9623

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:05 PM Edited by OH NO, 28 April 2012 - 09:09 PM.

Im surprised youve only just clocked , Alch has been prolific for years.But that beat you posted of the Curren$y n Alch Covert Coup collabo is class.Not sure if you listen tomuch spitta but checkit out,solid project. Hopefully CC 2 is in the pipeline.

P gets bossy on his verse

and gibbs destroys this,as usal

...alsod0you know DOOM is living in London working on a new album, heard the other day

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Such a loss.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

closed casket, face like baby food

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:56 AM Edited by kudoboi, 01 May 2012 - 12:38 PM.

QUOTE (FoxTint @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 12:56)

I'm loving the new Nasty Nas, hope he doesn't turn mainstream. What do y'all think?

isnt he already getting mainstream? hes now popping out on vevo and mtv, i even heard my local radio playing "Nas- The Don" the other day

ontopic: what do you guys think of this song?

T.Rez
  • T.Rez

NIN

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 11:56)
QUOTE (FoxTint @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 12:56)

isnt he already getting mainstream? hes now popping out on vevo and mtv, i even heard my local radio playing "Nas- The Don" the other day

ontopic: what do you guys think of this song?

Nas has been mainstream for more than a decade and has had his fair share of poppish hits; Oochie Wally for example.

Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breathe After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

f*ck eminem, this guy kills it.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

The BAND DOOM is a great metal band as well, not to be outdone

They are perhaps, self defined Doom Metal
Anywayz, Anyone watching the normal drudge of Video Hits1 and MTV 1/2, they may have seen Behind the Music REMASTERED, a look at older artist profiles with current updates, well, Notorious BIG is being looked at again tomorrow, be sure to see if they solved his murder!!

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:12 AM Edited by Cole Phelps Gta, 02 May 2012 - 09:36 AM.

^ This isn't a metal thread bro ! anyway Drake forever is dope. Kayne slays his bit. I'm a big fan of kayne. I like his style of rap

Lil wayne. I'm not sure what to make of this dude. I like some of his songs but other songs he makes are horrible. I'm really 50/50 with weezie sometimes i like him sometimes i hate him you know ?

Eminem: Allways been a fan of this guy. His lyrically insane the best ever IMO. Sure some off this songs are ''out their '' but he still has lyricall ability like no one else. hopefully recovery shows all the mainstream pop fans that eminem is to rap what elvis is to rock. Maybe now they'll respect this fella......... one can hope.

Drake. Onestly don't mind this dude. He makes alot of ''pop'' music but still i enjoy it. His ALOT better than bieber LOL atleast i can listen to drakes ''bitch songs'' ( songs aimed at the girls)

Rick ross: He raps like it's still 2003 I LOVE IT !!!!!! seriously i love his style of rap it's my favorite hip hop style. I can't stand hip pop.... it's sucks

Jay z : Haven't listened to enough of his music to give a fair opinion on him tbo. But his style has never really appealed to me for whatever reason.

nicki minaj: Her rap songs are good but like weezie i cant get behind her 100% sometimes i like her but more often than not she annoys me

Kayne west power This songs insane. I have no idea why this didn't top that charts in australia. When goofs like lmfao get song off the year wtf

submerge
  • submerge

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

I see from the flag under your name you're from Australia. Do you listen to any AUS Hip-Hop? Lots of good stuff over there...

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

fel is a boss

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

VH1's Behind the Music Biggie Smalls just ended about 30 Min ago, I watched it. In light of the Trayvon shooting, the two specials they aired, Up Rising the LA Riots aftermath and this BTM, seems people should be making a case for some justice, and Doom, Eat Crow, buddy, all you accused me of was laid out in black and white with interviews from the people who were directly involved, no stereo type, only reality!

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

I Left My Wallet In El Segundo

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

@Cole Phelps Gta

I don't think MBDTF was his best album. Graduation was one of the best albums of all-time (OF ALL-TIME!!)

The beats and the lyrics really captured a unique sense. I Wonder and Flashing Lights never get old. It's just so amazing. (pun intended)

[Supreme]

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (OH NO @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 21:05)

Im surprised youve only just clocked , Alch has been prolific for years.But that beat you posted of the Curren$y n Alch Covert Coup collabo is class.Not sure if you listen tomuch spitta but checkit out,solid project. Hopefully CC 2 is in the pipeline.

P gets bossy on his verse

and gibbs destroys this,as usal

...alsod0you know DOOM is living in London working on a new album, heard the other day

I've always heard of Alc, but never really took the time to listen to his sh*t and it sucks that I didn't. I assume you like that Alchemist / OH NO collaboration 'Gangrene'? That sh*t is ace.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Have to say, with a smile, Down with OPP

Naughty By Nature, should be in a GTA game

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 03:49)
VH1's Behind the Music Biggie Smalls just ended about 30 Min ago, I watched it. In light of the Trayvon shooting, the two specials they aired, Up Rising the LA Riots aftermath and this BTM, seems people should be making a case for some justice, and Doom, Eat Crow, buddy, all you accused me of was laid out in black and white with interviews from the people who were directly involved, no stereo type, only reality!

I need to watch this. I'm a massive fan of Biggie and I have seen a lot of documentaries on him but I love VH1 Behind the Music. They done a good one on Ice Cube.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

I was rackin my f*ckin brain something serious trying to work out the hip hop track that used the same sample that was incorporated in J coles track "sideline story"

just worked it out earlier, definitely one of the greatest Hip Hop tracks Ive ever heard. sh*t gave me goosebumps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users