Death Row

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic
migeman15
  • migeman15

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

Okay so I can get into where Lance is but when im getting out the three cars that chase me keep causing my car to blow and keep killing Lance and its really annoying me any help would be appreciated, by the way i would have used the search feature but for some reson it doesnt work for me and it says that im not allwed to use this feature.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:03 PM

Perhaps you could explain in further detail what exactly you do when you leave the junkyard with Lance?

Me, once I hop into a car and take off, I just haul ass north towards the Downtown area down the main strip of the island, without even trying to combat Diaz's men. If you have a fast enough car (i.e. not a manana or golfcart or something), you should be able to leave them in the dust long enough to get to the hospital.

migeman15
  • migeman15

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

Well when im leaving the junkyard with Lance I go in the Sentinel parked by where Lance is kept, and when I drive out a message says Diaz's men are after you, so as I drive to the the hospital the three cars just appear and then at least on of them causes my car to spin then the other 2 just ram me then the car lights on fire then Lance dies when it explodes.

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

When you get to the junkyard a guy is usually opening the door of the trashmaster, run over him. Then get in yourself aftwer killing a few people and leave the door open. Now finish the mission and bring Lance to the trashmaster and escape in that... it's slow as hell the enemy cars will just bounce off you

omega_c
  • omega_c

Pimpin' it up

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:50 AM

Bring a cheetah or something with you when you go to rescue lance, then bail out as you approach where he is tied (once you're already inside the trash compound).

Just bail out as your driving into the hanger thing where he's being held, shoot the guys holding him, snipe the people who are within range from inside the hangar area.

Get in the car; Lance will get in too. As long as you drive fast out of there, and don't crash (you'll get shot up), you'll be OK.

Haul ass to the hospital. You win!

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:46 AM

I don't understand why people suggest to get in the car when there is a much easier way to pass this mission. confused.gif

After killing all of Diaz's goons ,walk to the front gate of the Junkyard with Lance but do not cross the threshold of the gate otherwise the cars will appear. Now sprint forward and turn right.You will see a staircase. Go up the roof of the building .Lance will follow you. Then the cars with goons will arrive. If the Haitians are nearby ,they will finish them off. Otherwise blast their cars by shooting from the roof top. Just make sure Lance is at a safe distance. After destroying all 5 cars, you can travel to the hospital even in a Caddy. Enjoy Vice City.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

I use the trashmaster myself--

I never heard of that method before Pranjal rah.gif

Added a link to this thread to the pinned difficult mission help thread. http://www.gtaforums...=0#entry3879046

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for making that link,Spuds icon14.gif
I believe you have already seen that staircase to the right of the Junkyard entrance. wink.gif

migeman15
  • migeman15

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the help I finally did it smile.gif

JFINN70
  • JFINN70

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

I had trouble with this until I tried a different route to the hospital. I immediately turned right after leaving the junkyard (it looks like an old rickety bridge) in the sentinal and went south for a bit then cut over on the main highway north. Never saw a single Comet with Diaz's men!

bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

follow my lead to victory ... or be lost.

• Members

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

If all of the above fails, if you were smart to save the BP/DP Admiral, from the "Guardian Angel's" mission, use that and it should be easy, drive it right into the garage where Lance is and after the cutscene, get in and him too and take off...! die.gif mercie_blink.gif

J-Beut
  • J-Beut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:22 AM

Wow i used a completely different method lol. I (after purchasing Hyman Condos) got a helicopter and landed it by the Miami Club. After geting the breifing, i flew the copter to the road leading to the junkyard. after getting out, i sniped the guys at the gate and ran in, shotting everyone i could lock onto with an uzi. when i got to Lance, i ran with him out to the copter and flew to the hospital with almost no interference when i was trying to take off from the road outside the junkyard. turn.gif

bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

follow my lead to victory ... or be lost.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (J-Beut @ Mar 15 2007, 00:22)
Wow i used a completely different method lol. I (after purchasing Hyman Condos) got a helicopter and landed it by the Miami Club. After geting the breifing, i flew the copter to the road leading to the junkyard. after getting out, i sniped the guys at the gate and ran in, shotting everyone i could lock onto with an uzi. when i got to Lance, i ran with him out to the copter and flew to the hospital with almost no interference when i was trying to take off from the road outside the junkyard. turn.gif

You were very lucky then, cause i tried it with the Heli a few times, but they always shot it to pieces and stupid Lance can't run fast, so... (BOOM) die.gif mercie_blink.gif

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (JFINN70 @ Mar 14 2007, 16:39)
I had trouble with this until I tried a different route to the hospital. I immediately turned right after leaving the junkyard (it looks like an old rickety bridge) in the sentinal and went south for a bit then cut over on the main highway north. Never saw a single Comet with Diaz's men!

This is the method I always use, never have a problem with it.

chickenslaw
  • chickenslaw

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

use the trashmaster. it may be slow but the car is much stronger than others rahkstar2.gif

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

When you exit turn right immediatly and go over the red bridge.. then just go through all the twists and turns, get on the main road and haul ass to downtown

Riding shotgun
  • Riding shotgun

Burn till I cant burn no more

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:13 AM

I always bring a chopper. You can get one over at the cop station behind Skumole shack property. Get all the briefing and what not. Then fly over to the Junkyard, but land about 100 feet away from the entrance. Then kill the goons. Don't stop here, about 10 more should come over. Kill them too. Now run back to the chopper, land it carefully in the junkyard by the entrance. Then proceed to Lance. It's so easy using this method.

WillzyyyGTA
  • WillzyyyGTA

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

Maybe this can help. smile.gif

~farah_r~
  • ~farah_r~

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

Hey All,

Can some1 give me some tips for Death Row mission? I can kill all the guys and get to Lance before he dies, but I am having problems with getting him to the hospital. Diaz's guys keep ramming into my car (I'm using the Sentinel parked right outside), and after a couple of hits, it blows up...Can some1 help me out here? How do I get Lance to the hospital without getting shot?

Thanx, Farah.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:02 AM

You must use the provided dump/garbage truck (TrashMaster).

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Ring_of_Fire @ Nov 25 2007, 23:02)
You must use the provided dump/garbage truck (TrashMaster).

You don't have to use the trashmaster, but it helps....

~farah_r~
  • ~farah_r~

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:11 AM

but, after I shoot the people and save Lance, right after the cutscene, when I turn around, the trashmaster vanishes from its spot and only a sentinel is in sight, which is no help against Diaz's cars...

Is there something I need to do to make sure the trashmaster doesn't vanish?

Thanx,
Farah.

Edit:

Just to make sure...is the trashmaster the really huge thing right in front of the door of the shed where Lance is help? Or is it the truck that Diaz's men shoot from which is somewhat near the entrance?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:00 PM Edited by Spuds725, 26 November 2007 - 02:03 PM.

Trashmaster is pretty much the same in whatever GTA it appears... http://images.google...G=Search Images

It is possible the game is re-drawing the vehicles after the cutscene when you approach lance and is dropping the trashmaster due to your PC performance issues...(if you are not on a game console)...

If on PC, disable everything you can that runs in the background-- and try..

You can try this for a gameplay fix-- it might work... after you kill everyone and before you approach lance, go to the trashmaster and get in, get back out and move away immediately so the door stays open, then go to Lance... this might help it stay around as the game seems to have a better memory for the last vehicle you were in-- leaving the door open seems to help.

Please let me know if either of these works...

If it does please post back with which version (PC, PS2, xbox) and let me know-- I'll likely add this to the buglist with solutions.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

Various techniques have bin discussed in this topic here. Might help.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:38 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 26 November 2007 - 11:09 PM.

Simple obvious tips:

1. Bring along 100 health/100 ammo with you.
2. Bring along a lot of guns.
3. Be skillful with your weapons and not be careless enough to let your health go down quickly as you approach Lance.
4. After obtaining Lance, shoot ALL members in the junkyard since they may sneak on you. DON'T try to rush out of the junkyard so fast!
5. If you are getting away in a fast car (or any car you desire), try to dodge the enemy cars. Getting away inside a Trashmaster? - piece of cake!

You could try to getaway via a helicopter as well...

Now as soon as you reach the hospital - BE CAREFUL! Position your vehicle so that Lance comes out near to the hopitals's entrance, while you come out from the other side. This will trigger the completion easily, and to avoid Lance from getting squished which simply means "Mission Failed".

~farah_r~
  • ~farah_r~

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:37 AM

Okay, I passed the mission by using the Sentinel.

The trashmaster seemed to disappear...I tried closing most of the unneeded apps in the background. After I cleared out the junkyard by shooting out the people who were right outside the shed, then before going to Lance, I turned around, but the trashmaster simply vanished from the spot...btw, I'm playing on a PC.

The easiest way was using the Sentinel and taking right and going across the red bridge when you're leaving the junkyard...thanks to the suggestion at that other link mentioned by Flicko.

Thrasher502
  • Thrasher502

Speed Metal King

• Members

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:34 AM

Yeah, I usually take the red bridge, then make a straight run for the highway that runs North / South, then just go balls out from there with out hitting anything smile.gif

hymoglobin
  • hymoglobin

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

You're right, I think the death row mission is very hard too! I can't even get to the bit where I take Lance to the hospital, all the goons just shoot me! I really want to complete it, I think it's an important mission because when I kill Diaz, I get his mansion (I may be wrong).

Problems, problems. So many to get through; Can't find the right gun, nothing I can do about the annoying 100 armour, wish I had more!

Ever tried driving into the junkyard and they just shoot you and the car blows up! What a bummer!

Wish I could help, I would if I could!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:44 PM Edited by Spuds725, 25 March 2008 - 02:29 PM.

You don't need the real good weapons-- some SMGs work well in that mission--- but the rocket launcher helps at the beginning.

My quick guide--

Get plenty of SMG ammo first and the rocket launcher located in the pool behind the hotel near where you enter the airport-- full health and armor obviously.

Drive there fast-- I like a comet or cheetah-- good handling and pretty quick-- as you approach the road block but still pretty far away... drive toward the roadblock and bail out so your car keeps going to the road block. Fire several rockets at the road block cars the explosions and secondary explosions kill the bad guys near the entrance....

enter and using the auto aim take out the guys remaining just inside the entrance.... I like to approach the shack on the left side (west side as you go north)-- lots of cover and vehicles nearby to block the bad guys... approach and take out each bad guy as you come to them... there is one up high if I remember.... run into the shack and get lance-- when you exit... take out any remaining bad guys that might be there... and get in the trashmaster... wait for lance to get in and start driving.... just don't stop... the bad guys will crash into you and stuff-- just ignore them... the trashmaster can take a ton of damage-- drive to the hospital downtown to complete.

hymoglobin
  • hymoglobin

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:57 AM

Can someone please give me some help with Death Row? I can't seem to find the right gun because Ammu-Nation's good guns are always out of stock. So without the right gun, all the goons shoot me, I can't even get to Lance-let alone know how to get out!

Help required please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users