Revelation.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,178 replies to this topic
PyroHazard
  • PyroHazard

I AM THE DANGER!

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

Great. A bullsh*t artist that's articulate.

Go back to GameFAQs where you belong.

TisDylan
  • TisDylan

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Parliament @ Mar 11 2007, 15:29)
I think Deepthroat is going down on someone in the business

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On topic: I've been beaten to it long ago, but this story is definitely made of lies and fail.

Bret, shut the f*ck up.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

tracking devices and survalance equipment with the game ina suburban ?!

lol

this has to be the stupidest but funny/creative threads..

LOLOLOL

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:57 PM Edited by Brish, 11 March 2007 - 06:06 PM.

It is just a 16 year old who is desperate for attention. Think about any job that does counter survailance. That would be dream job for teenage boys, and that is why he chose it in this 'leak'. He wants to be seen as 'cool', among complete strangers, but in doing so he ruined his credibilty. Now think about somebody who actually does do a job in counter survailance, and see if you can imagine them reporting their findings to a video game forums about GTA IV, it is exremely unlikely and borderline impossible that he would want to leak information on something as trivial as a video game. Also try to bear in mind that he said Rockstar had tracking equipment in their spying van, why would a video game corporation need to spy on people, and what could they gain from doing it? The answer is nothing, there is nothing to gain from spying on people for a video game company, unless you are trying to spruce up a story based on your childlike imagination. On top of all this why would someone who does counter surveillance, that was sent to check on a 'suspicious vehicle', say that finding a video game company in a black van with GTA IV information on a folder is significant. That'd have to be one incompetent and immature spy to think video game leaks are important. The straw to break the already sickly and dying camels back, was his reaction to the GTA IV information, he was ecstatic to find a folder with a GTA IV logo and had to feign it while he 'calmly', walked away from a van. moto_whistle.gif Once again you'd have to be a extremely bad and poorly trained 'spy' to even care about a corporation secret that in no way is hurting anyone. To finish, as if his story wasn't unlikely enough, he finds a folder with the 'Manhattan skyline' behind a GTAIV logo, now not only are you making it so you and your 'spy buddies' are incompetent, but so Rockstar is aswell. If you are trying to keep a secret, you do not give out folders with valuable information on them. That is evidence that could easily lead to your secret being discovered, and all your plans being ruined. Rockstar would never make things like that for their workers, who already know where it is going to be set, because it is a meaningless gesture that would only waste resources to say 'glorify a job' or 'liven up a teenager's story'.

Deepthroat...is that a pun?

... anyways we already all know it is set in London in 2007. Nice try sport!
  • JohnDoe7125539271 likes this

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

Anyone here been playing gta games since the first game?

there has been a "deepthroat" every time that comes into a forum specifically foir gta..

every single time

was coolest back when everyone spoke "l33t speak and though there was an internet policing bot script that searched for chat content qand arrested people for what they say. it took som seriouse newbs to fall for that sstuff.

well, welcome to 10 years later and people are still falling for that stuff..

and some are still trying that stuff.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Brish @ Mar 11 2007, 18:57)
We already all know it is set in London in 2007. Nice try sport!

Either that was a bad shot at sarcasm or you ruined a graceful post in one line.

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Mar 11 2007, 18:04)
Either that was a bad shot at sarcasm or you ruined a graceful post in one line.

It wasn't sarcasm, and it wasn't a joke. It is knowledge that most logical people would know if they could put their prejudices aside, and trust that I am psychic.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

tracking devices and survalance equipment with the game ina suburban ?!

Also try to bear in mind that he said Rockstar had tracking equipment in their spying van, why would a video game corporation need to spy on people, and what could they gain from doing it?

Umm, that's exactly the kind of stuff Luxoflux used to create the maps for the True Crime games. Basically, one rides around with GPS, cameras, and laser range-finders to take measurements and source photos for the art team to work with. It has nothing to do with spying on people. rolleyes.gif

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

One reason I don't believe this:

Rockstar has to be done with their research for whatever location(s) they chose. They are testing for bugs by now...right???

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 11 2007, 18:33)

Rockstar has to be done with their research for whatever location(s) they chose. They are testing for bugs by now...right???

Episodic content..?

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Mar 11 2007, 18:36)

Rockstar has to be done with their research for whatever location(s) they chose.  They are testing for bugs by now...right???

Episodic content..?

*turns around*

True!

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 11 2007, 10:33)

I hope there team does a better job than they did with VCS.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Mar 11 2007, 13:36)

Rockstar has to be done with their research for whatever location(s) they chose.  They are testing for bugs by now...right???

Episodic content..?

And the art team usually works until two months before the game comes out..

vcPINK
  • vcPINK

Like the Hat?

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 11 2007, 13:33)

Rockstar is done with their research for whatever location they chose. They are testing for bugs by now...

well even if it was true, including it being R*, any authenticity is lost the moment this post is made

but my heart skipped a beat as I looked at a folder on the desk which was emblazed with the "IV" official logo with the Manhattan Skyline clearly shown within the letters.

R* would be using code names and other things, though its not like R* is only working on GTA IV right now, they have several other games announced and probably 10-15 other games that the PR people have never even heard of, the scenario for the most part seems plausible, at best

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta4 @ Mar 11 2007, 04:33)
Gents,

I have information that may be huge, I am about to relate to you an incident that occured this week. The information I am about to pass you could cost me my job if I was found to be passing it on, hence the nick name.

On Thursday 8th March 2007, at the bequest of a client, I was conducting a counter surveillance task along with my team in direct response to the repeated sighting of a suspicious vehicle in the vicinity of the clients property located in ManHattan, New York City.

Shortly after identifying the vehicle in question, the Team Leader decided a direct confrontation of the occupants was the most expeditious way forward. I, along with two others confronted the three male occupants of a 2005 GMC Suburban.

The Suburban was configured with an array of computer equipment in the back, a substantial amount of digital capture devices were mounted on the dash and the antenna located on the roof was similar to the small condan/tapestry antenna that I have seen previously on vehicles for tracking purposes.

The driver of the suburban produced credentials that showed he was an employee of Rockstar Games, my two other team members were satisfied and didn't realise the significance of the event, I opened the passenger side door and looked into the rear of the truck where one of the males shut down several LCD screens, but my heart skipped a beat as I looked at a folder on the desk which was emblazed with the "IV" official logo with the Manhattan Skyline clearly shown within the letters.

I tried to appear as calm as possible and walked away from the vehicle.

Make of it what you will.

Deepthroat.

Thanks for the laff, "deep throat." You do know that you're going to lose your job once your "superiors" at the "agency" read your "report"

Why on earth would Rockstar survey a real city for GTA?

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:44 PM Edited by Brish, 11 March 2007 - 06:52 PM.

Even if you're right, how does this make him any more credible.

Definition:
1. To observe or monitor the course of (aircraft, for example), as by radar.
2. To observe the progress of; follow: tracking the company's performance daily.

Keep in mind that they are doing it in a 2005 Black Suburban, and that he is doing 'counter-surveillance'; or spying on someone who is also a spying on you. Otherwise it would just be 'surveillance' without the 'counter'. So even if I am wrong about the tracking equipment, our source still doesn't know the meaning of his job is. dozingoff.gif

My argument still stands.

GTA_Hacker
  • GTA_Hacker

Amatuer Modeler

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:44 PM Edited by GTA_Hacker, 11 March 2007 - 06:46 PM.

you guys really think that a dude would waste his time to sign up on a forum he hardly knows, spend 3 hours composing something he knows didnt happen, and knowing that so many "my dad works for rockstar" thread have been crushed and torn to pieces? and you guys think that us "10-year-olds" are the only ones who play GTA4? first off gta has been rated m since thier first game. and second, the guys even said make what you want of it. you guys are just too used to rumors, and anyway a freakin trailer is comin out in 20 days.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta4 @ Mar 11 2007, 12:33)
Gents,

I have information that may be huge, I am about to relate to you an incident that occured this week. The information I am about to pass you could cost me my job if I was found to be passing it on, hence the nick name.

On Thursday 8th March 2007, at the bequest of a client, I was conducting a counter surveillance task along with my team in direct response to the repeated sighting of a suspicious vehicle in the vicinity of the clients property located in ManHattan, New York City.

Shortly after identifying the vehicle in question, the Team Leader decided a direct confrontation of the occupants was the most expeditious way forward. I, along with two others confronted the three male occupants of a 2005 GMC Suburban.

The Suburban was configured with an array of computer equipment in the back, a substantial amount of digital capture devices were mounted on the dash and the antenna located on the roof was similar to the small condan/tapestry antenna that I have seen previously on vehicles for tracking purposes.

The driver of the suburban produced credentials that showed he was an employee of Rockstar Games, my two other team members were satisfied and didn't realise the significance of the event, I opened the passenger side door and looked into the rear of the truck where one of the males shut down several LCD screens, but my heart skipped a beat as I looked at a folder on the desk which was emblazed with the "IV" official logo with the Manhattan Skyline clearly shown within the letters.

Deepthroat.

if your telling the truth then i must be the main character. in other words, i know you're lying.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Brish @ Mar 11 2007, 13:44)
Even if you're right, how does this make him any more credible.

1. To observe or monitor the course of (aircraft, for example), as by radar.
2. To observe the progress of; follow: tracking the company's performance daily.

Keep in mind that they are doing it in a 2005 Black Suburban, and that he is doing 'counter-surveillance'; or spying on someone who is also a spying on you. Otherwise it would just be 'surveillance' without the 'counter'. So even if I am wrong about the tracking equipment, our source still doesn't know the meaning of his job is. dozingoff.gif

My argument still stands.

Right. But if his alleged client thought they were being spied on, then it would still be a counter-surveillance operation up until the point they realized it was a false alarm. wink.gif

Stuch
  • Stuch

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

Sherlock: If we can find out if Rockstar NYC own a Black Chevrolet Suburban, or some guys from R*North flew to NY and rented one then we're on to something! monocle.gif

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

If my vision was wrong and it isn't set in London during 2007, but in Manhattan, and in a few weeks after the release we see GTA IV manilla folders with the Manhattan skyline behind the logo being solicited on EBay. I will FedEx you a very large macadamia nut cookie, which I know are your favorite.

Brian Forbes
  • Brian Forbes

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta4 @ Mar 11 2007, 06:33)
Gents,

Deepthroat.

Oh yeah... like you would just leave the folder in the van. If this was true, which it is not... then you're a jackass.

deepthroatgta4
  • deepthroatgta4

Player Hater

• Members
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2011

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

Gents,

Things have taken a turn for the sinister, almost immediately after I made the post an eerie chain of events was initiated. I left my hotel room to go out for a packet of cigarettes, not 100 meters down the street I noticed that I had a tail, these guys we're good, their rotation amongst operators was frequent and seamless, at one point the surveillance team were ahead of me which is a very advanced technique.

I pulled out every trick in the book, I walked contra-flow on 5th Avenue during rush hour, stepped of the subway as the doors were closing at the 52nd street station, discarded my jacket, walked into Macys via the front entrance and exited at the rear, into a cab and down to Tribeca. A mobile tail was immediately initiated by the team that was on me, they were every bit as competent as their foot team. At a dive bar in Tribeca I was engaged by a female who was blatantly out of my league, who started asking some very searching questions.

I abandoned the bar and made my way back to the hotel via the subway, taxi and on foot, taking the most obscure route I could. All the time experiencing the crushing intimidation that is present when you are aware that you are under surveillance. At the hotel my computer noted 467 attempted incursions at my firewall, it was holding, but only just.

Paranoia took over and I began a search of the room, within minutes I had pulled a Lo Jack from the telephone, the fire detector, my freshly laundered cargo pants and there was a peculiar solid metallic object located behind my right eyelid. I looked through my door peep hole to see a surprisingly burly cleaner polishing repeatedly around my door.

As I turned to the window I caught a red dot traversing across the wall and fall neatly onto my chest, as I dived for cover a round penetrated the window and impacted the wall immediately behind where I had been standing. Glancing at the hole that the round had made I estimated 7.62 mm green spot round, as standard in NATO sniper weapons.

I bolted from the room, I executed a strong side face smash on the burly cleaner and made good my escape via the laundry chute, at the rear of the hotel I mugged a vagrant for his clothes and sprinted for Hells Kitchen as the now be-suited assassins ran down the fire escapes.

I am writing this from a internet cafe in HK, I must keep mobile, these men will stop at nothing. I now fear for my life and my dog is not aswering the phone at home.

Play GTA IV for me guys, maybe they have 360's on the big cloud in the sky.

My god, my credit card has been declined by the teller and there is a tactical team cordoning off the street. I need to move.

Keep the truth alive.

Kind regards,

Deepthroat.

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

Case in point.^^

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

Okay, this has taken a new direction. Imma sit back and watch.

GTA_Hacker
  • GTA_Hacker

Amatuer Modeler

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:14 PM Edited by GTA_Hacker, 11 March 2007 - 08:18 PM.

wow that was deep man i dont know what to say. actually i do. keep us informed on your tactical agent mission

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

orly.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

Well played Mr. Deep Throat, well played. The IP address had me convinced...

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:20 PM

Great story mate, have you tried posting this over in writers discussion, i reckon it would get quite a few hits. wink.gif

MJ2k
  • MJ2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:20 PM

I hope they don't catch him.
I can't wait to read chapter 3...

lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users