» «
Photo

The First Thing

372 replies to this topic
xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:55 AM Edited by xNewtype Acex, 30 July 2007 - 02:57 AM.

On October 16 when you hopefully get your copy of GTA IV and you start it in your PS3/X360, what will be the first thing you will do after the intro? Will you do the missions? Explore?

-As for myself I think I will explore the city and try to get past the shock that I am really playing GTA IV for the first time. rahkstar2.gif

Come on guys, tell me, you know you want to. tounge2.gif

ethrion
  • ethrion

III < SA < VC < IV

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:07 AM

First off, welcome to the forum. monocle.gif

And in answer to your question: I will try and find all the hidden packages or whatever they will be in GTA:4 because that helps you to explore the city and also is easier to do earlier before people start hating you and shooting at you. The I will do the missions for that place.

die Catalina die
  • die Catalina die

devil's advocate

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:13 AM

Well first things first, I'll fetch some paper towels to wipe the drool off the floor. Next, I'll probably run around a little to get a feel for things, maybe run over a few pedestrians to get some pocket change. tounge.gif

lukerock
  • lukerock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:14 AM

Im going to cruise around in a vehicle listening to the radio stations and ill probably shoot a pedestrain aswell colgate.gif

UnitedDestruction
  • UnitedDestruction

The Dude

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:22 AM

exploring just about everything, with my face about an inch away from the screen. look for new weapons or cars, especially if i buy the guide. then ill eventually get around to the missions

Calsonic
  • Calsonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (lukerock @ Mar 7 2007, 03:14)
Im going to cruise around in a vehicle listening to the radio stations and ill probably shoot a pedestrain aswell colgate.gif

Yeah me to. I will definately cruise around listening to the radio and exploring the city. Oh and start some random violence to test out the ability of the police.

bajajahehehe
  • bajajahehehe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:30 AM

Ill try to go as long as possible without killing anyone in the game. Don't know why but it's a tradition of mine with every new grand theft auto. When I finally start killing npcs itll (hopefully) blow away my expectations and it'll be that much sweeter.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:31 AM

There are things to do before even putting the disc in your 360 or PS3. Things like carefully opening the case, sniffing and fondling the game manual, staring at the disc, and rubbing your..............oops everyone does do these things right? cry.gif ph34r.gif whatsthat.gif

ethrion
  • ethrion

III < SA < VC < IV

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Mar 7 2007, 05:31)
There are things to do before even putting the disc in your 360 or PS3. Things like carefully opening the case, sniffing and fondling the game manual, staring at the disc, and rubbing your..............oops everyone does do these things right? cry.gif ph34r.gif whatsthat.gif

Oh definately. Dunno bout "fondling" but certainly smelling the new smell of the manual. Reading it cover to cover, looking at the new map, admiring the box some more, really carefully putting it in the drive (it wont come out again for a long long time!) and THEN playing it! lol.gif

rebalrouser
  • rebalrouser

Rouser or Arouser????

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:29 AM

WELCOME

And i will probably go steal a car, explore as much as i can and then drive to EB and get the game biggrin.gif

vcPINK
  • vcPINK

Like the Hat?

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:32 AM

definitely read the whole manual cover to cover 3 times, and memorize the soundtrack, use my photographic memory to memorize the whole map and then watch the whole intro 15 times, then explore the map and get a feel for the gameplay, then start the first mission

gta-evo4
  • gta-evo4

Pc Gamer since 20th century

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:34 AM

Like I did in previous gtas; steal a car for random cruising, look a bit everywhere,
punch a few peds, bother a few cops... devil.gif , listen to radio stations. rolleyes.gif
Dammit, I can't take it anymore, I can't wait... muppetmaster_karma.gif

rebalrouser
  • rebalrouser

Rouser or Arouser????

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:34 AM

now my serious answer wink.gif

I will probably read the manual and memorise it, post the map on my wall and inspect every millimetre of it and then explore and test out the cops, stalk some NPC's and then explore in detail

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Mar 7 2007, 15:31)

HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for making my day mate that was hilarious! biggrin.gif

Anyways I will probably.

1. Read the front and back cover.

2. Open the case and take out the instruction book and map and smell them and then read them.

3. Start the game and then put it on full volume and sit inches away form the screen.

4. After the intro I will do the first mission.

5. Explore a bit and then go back to missions.

@The Topic Starter: Welcome to the forums mate!

Mike0
  • Mike0

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:40 AM Edited by Mike0, 07 March 2007 - 07:45 AM.

I'll pass my exams first, then I will get permision from my parents to buy a console (I hope), then I will have to work to gather money for a console + HDTV. Then I will buy the game and play it. Theoreticaly I could do it untill october, If not then I will play it at my neighbours house, who is already working full time and he'll buy a PS3 on 23. march (Im from Europe). So I'll probably play it there biggrin.gif And at home I will play it on the PC (which we have thanks god biggrin.gif ).

The first thing I will do is probably just cruise around in a car and listening to good music biggrin.gif

JamesHarris135
  • JamesHarris135

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

beat a pedestrian up, always wil be the first thing i do in a new GTA

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:50 AM Edited by Simon., 07 March 2007 - 07:52 AM.

Aw, hell. I don't really know at all!

In San Andreas I played the missions, trying to unlock new features. Which makes me think, I might do the missions in GTAIV (after the fondl-, err, smelling the manual), but since I'm expecting it to be another GTA gameplay revolution mixed with a rich, detailed city, I could actually be exploring the city tounge.gif .

Hopefully the upcoming GTAIV trailer will help me figure out what I might do at first.

rmmstnr
  • rmmstnr

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:33 AM

hit a ped w/a car (see if they finally bounce...), and enter all of the Vice City and San Andreas codes I know to see if they were carried over (I was STOKED when I found out that the Rhino cheat for VC worked on SA when I first got it home, and was happy to see the Rhino had a facelift). if the Rhino cheat does indeed work (again), I will promptly go into a psychotic rampage with my new (possibly flying) tank (again)

oh yeah, fondling too, gotta have lots of fondling tounge.gif

HAGGIE_GTA
  • HAGGIE_GTA

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (die Catalina die @ Mar 7 2007, 03:13)
Well first things first, I'll fetch some paper towels to wipe the drool off the floor. Next, I'll probably run around a little to get a feel for things, maybe run over a few pedestrians to get some pocket change. tounge.gif

the first thing that i would do is pinch myself to make sure im not dreaming then i would like always in the previous gtas explore and get a feeling to gta 4!!

White Flight
  • White Flight

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

Maybe I'll just start playing it without looking to the manual (or maybe I will tounge.gif ) But I'm gonna try to avoid seeing the map untill I've played it for a while tounge.gif For the surprise, I don't wanna know where the cities are and stuff, so I can really get lost happy.gif

The first I'll do is probably just cruise around smile.gif A trip to the countryside, or just stand on the street enjoying the atmosphere inlove.gif

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

Study the map first on the way back from buying the game, then start the first mission, complete it and then carry on driving around in whatever vehicle i get first. Do that for ages and then go back for the second mission.

mardybum
  • mardybum

stadium arcadium

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

the talk show radio will be my first priority......will tune into that and just get a feel of the <hopefully> staggering atmosphere...........

rossatafarian
  • rossatafarian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

i'm at work till 8 in the evening so won't get to play it till then sad.gif

i will read the manual (whys everyone else smelling it as well?!), do the first mission (because you have to usually don't you to advance the game???), then explore a bit and admire the delicious hd graphics. the same thing goes for when i unlock a new area/island of the map.....explore. and try not to get killed or kill anyone else....don't want to be busted or wasted too early on in the game, or get any gangs against me. and definitely no cheats!

Helsinki
  • Helsinki

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

Topic rated good. icon14.gif

I probably won't look at the manual until I've played the game a bit - only the back cover of the box.

First I'll make sure everything is nice and quiet, I don't feel hungry, my cell phone is muted, etc. Then I'll start.

I'll definitely complete the first mission before exploring - most likely you'll "have to", anyway, because as the game starts you're on a mission.

After completing the mission, I'll save the game, steal a car, and start exploring. Initially, I'll play as "realistically" as possible - i.e. don't go on a rampage or anything like that - because that way I can relate to the story the most.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

probally what i did in San Andreas, replay the first mission over and over again. Then once i have had my fun with that grab a BMX and pedal as fast as i can and bunny hop into the nearest area with water. biggrin.gif Then just cruise around the begining of the map with my mouth wide open.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:44 PM

Find airport, and use one of the plains to scout the map.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

well after i put the GTA VI in my sp3, i would be staring at the screen for.. lets say.. 30 minutes.. just because of the idea that i am playing GTA VI, then imma go explore the city. Hit some random people, go listen to some conversations, steal some cars....

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

I'ma just take it real slow. I'll explore on foot for quite a while, get to grips with the new controls, eventually grab a vehicle (hopefully a bike of some sorts) then just cruise round and take in the sights and sounds. It'll be a while before I dig deep into the missions. GTA isn't to be wolfed down like some sh*tty cheeseburger from mcdonalds, it's a classy three course meal that you slowly chew, making sure to absorb every fine flavour as it hits your tastebuds.

ExtermelySmartMan
  • ExtermelySmartMan

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

I'll probably just walk on the streets with the game in my hands offering it to random people. When they're about to take it, I'll just laugh and run away.

The following day I'll start playing it.

GycuBrun
  • GycuBrun

Jeapany

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:35 PM

I will be able to play GTA IV only if they`ll release it on PC ,maybe thats more than a year away so defenetly I will have some fun if the game will work (maybe an error will appear something like SEND DON`T SEND).
If it works on my PC well I will do some missions take a breack after finding a hard one & just cruising the city causing mayhem & then I`ll try to make that hard mission...

BTW To beat the game 100% do you need to do the missions in some certain order?Never beat it 100% only 85%GTA III,79%(GTA VC),80% GTA SA, so I don`t know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users