Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Official] FAQ & Help Topic

1,347 replies to this topic
locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

Run Map-Cleaner before you install MI

Map-Cleaner Download

UnoriginalMind
  • UnoriginalMind

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:42 AM

I can load the game up, but it's got no custom vehicles or pedestrians. They spawn in one area of the city, and that's about it. Also, I cannot aim the guns at all. They spaz out and I can't aim them with the reticle. This mod looks fantastic, and I hope to work this out sometime soon.

I'm running it with SA and a Hoodlum EXE. Unmodified V1.

I have Used map cleaner with an unmodified game, but to no avail. The game does not load after map cleaner is used, which I think it is supposed to. Anyway, ask me for more data if need be.

-Thanks

djboi
  • djboi

Delux Car's INC

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:38 AM

Maybe someone can help me , i posted in the new topic (pinned) can someone check my prob out? thanks

cezarijus
  • cezarijus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:51 AM Edited by cezarijus, 25 December 2006 - 09:43 PM.

Ok I Realy Need Help i used the program sketchup 5 and i made wath i wanted to put in the game but i dont know how to do this there is the foliving saves

.3ds
.dwg
.dxf
.fbx
.obj
.xsi
.wrl

These ar the saves thath i can use . is there any program thath will conver these file and wath program wud you use to put the converted file into the game

or

Is there a program thath dos not need conversion but i stil need the program thath will put the file in the game

Tnx wery much i only use the game 2 days (sory for spleling) cryani.gif cryani.gif

Daf-Fy!
  • Daf-Fy!

The Daffmeister

• Members

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:28 PM

Can i download the VC version of MI somewhere...?

NightShadow
  • NightShadow

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:58 AM Edited by NightShadow, 25 December 2006 - 07:13 AM.

hi cant step out the tower! after getting off the elevator at the towers ground floor, and i attempt to go further, it crashes

okay i can now. all i needed to do was delete the path file that was recomendded in the installation guide

but now i have no cars. what do i do? then again i havent explored much. brb

okay found some. a looong way away. and apparently kicking benches destroys the universe h biggrin.gif ehe

simzebu
  • simzebu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

Is there/Could we create a master list of the vehicle/weapon spawns and save locations?

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (NightShadow @ Dec 25 2006, 05:58)
hi cant step out the tower! after getting off the elevator at the towers ground floor, and i attempt to go further, it crashes

okay i can now. all i needed to do was delete the path file that was recomendded in the installation guide

okay found some. a looong way away. and apparently kicking benches destroys the universe h biggrin.gif ehe

Just use a car spawner thing, like a trainer. Plenty of em.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Jan 2 2007, 10:29)
QUOTE (NightShadow @ Dec 25 2006, 05:58)

Just use a car spawner thing, like a trainer. Plenty of em.

Or get the paths release from here so cars and people will now be on the streets icon14.gif . But it's what we call "organized mayhem" currently. All roads are the same in there traffic, so it's very busy.

bluedemon
  • bluedemon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:45 PM

I've tried searching but to no avail as of yet. Are there any missions for SA Myriad Islands? I reallllly like it so far, except I can't find any weapons and it took me forever to find the safehouse, there are no icons on the legend. But the open island with the cars are freaking awesome. So to organize,

Q1. Are there mission scripts for SA?
Q2. Are there weapons? And if so where?
Q3. Where are the safe houses?
Q4. Are there pay n sprays? Or places to fix/customize cars?

Thats all, sorry if the questions are somewhere, but I couldn't find them at all.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:12 AM

The mission coding is in its infancy and has only recently been taken on by a couple of team members, namely jarjar and JostVice (I think).

For the moment there is literally nothing available, however there should be some progress in 0.6b which should be out sometime in January (hopefully)

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:34 PM Edited by jarjar, 05 January 2007 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (bluedemon @ Jan 4 2007, 09:45)
I've tried searching but to no avail as of yet. Are there any missions for SA Myriad Islands? I reallllly like it so far, except I can't find any weapons and it took me forever to find the safehouse, there are no icons on the legend. But the open island with the cars are freaking awesome. So to organize,

Q1. Are there mission scripts for SA?
Q2. Are there weapons? And if so where?
Q3. Where are the safe houses?
Q4. Are there pay n sprays? Or places to fix/customize cars?

Thats all, sorry if the questions are somewhere, but I couldn't find them at all.

EDIT: Go here for original post wink.gif .

bluedemon
  • bluedemon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:16 AM

JarJar, Thank YOU very much, that was very helpful information. smile.gif I shall sit back and look forward to V.06 with glee. WOOT!!!!

Evosimmz
  • Evosimmz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

Ok so i borrowed my mates SA and installed it but data3.cab couldnt be installed, then my mate said to get a no-cd crack cuz he was going to sell the disk so i did. i had no probs with sa but once i installed MI i cant get out the building, i can stay on the top floor for 30mins and when i go down the elevator all is ok, but when i walk out the elevator and try to go down the stairs, the game crashes, this always happens. Why?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:48 AM

This is kind of weird. I've downloaded the 0.5 installer three times, and each time it says "Is not a valid Win32 Application", which basically means it's corrupt. I told Mark about it on MSN, and he told me to try the mirror on Myriad's official site. I did, and I got "Internet Explorer cannot display the page". I right clicked and tried "Save Target", but it said "Error, this website does not exist", or something similar to that. I talked with Mark, and he agreed with me that I should come here.

Someone who doesn't have Myriad installed should probably try the link Cerebra posted, and if they get the same thing then it's not just me, it's the link.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:06 PM

I haven't got any idea about the official link, but my mirror don't work (RM crew) The host just is closed or something, so sorry. Anyway the 0.6 is coming and you will have it (I think) in less than 2 weeks (to say max)

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (EmoPat @ Feb 23 2007, 03:48)
Someone who doesn't have Myriad installed should probably try the link Cerebra posted, and if they get the same thing then it's not just me, it's the link.

I managed to download it but forgot to test it. I'm at work now so cannot do it in few hours. Gonna try it tonite thou

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:15 PM Edited by EmoPat, 23 February 2007 - 08:21 PM.

Yeah, Mark told me on MSN you guys should have the bugs out of GTI in about a week. Can't wait.

Sucks about your mirror being down, I loved Myriad in VC (even though it crashed every five minutes.)

@Flash: I wouldn't think you'd need a fresh copy of SA, just try to run the installer. If it runs fine then just cancel the install. I'm really hoping it's the d/l and not me. Of course, I am running on a refurbished Dell with a 37GB HD.

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

MI_SA_V0.5beta1.exe started to install normally. Didn't have any problems at all bored.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:51 PM Edited by EmoPat, 23 February 2007 - 09:57 PM.

F*ck.. Well, I'll just wait a week or two then. It's obviously something with my computor that's corrupting it.

I'm running DSL and it takes about 45 minutes to download the installer. That sound about right?

Edit:
user posted image

Now, I extracted it right to My Documents, but something seems wrong here.
1. I'd think you guys would've textured some kind of icon for the installer.exe
2. All that came in the file was the exe.

Oh, and I'm using WinRAR for my extracting, if that could make any difference..

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:36 AM

You extracted the files using winRAR? To install the Myriad Islands modification you need to download and run Steve-M's map cleaner, then download and run the MISA0.5beta1.exe and point it at the SanAn folder will you want to be overwritten with Myriad Islands.

You only need winRAR to extract the files for the map cleaner, you don't do anything with the .exe except run it and read the on-screen instructions. If the file downloaded correctly it should be ~170MB in size.

Evosimmz
  • Evosimmz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:13 PM

Is there any other mods for MI_SA to download that include cars and planes ect because i dont understand how to install new cars sad.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:57 PM Edited by EmoPat, 24 February 2007 - 07:03 PM.

I think you missunderstood me GT. When I downloaded the installer, it came as a RAR file. I extracted that, then tried to run the installer, and got the "Is not a valid Win32 application" message.

Should I extract the installer's RAR file straight to my SA directory? Oh, and I've already used Steve's map cleaner.

Edit: Wait.. I was almost certain it came in a RAR, but I don't see the RAR file anywhere in My Documents.. F*ck, re-downloading time I guess. This time I'll point the download to my SA directory that I'm using for MI.

Oh, and I'm 100% positive it's corrupt now. Everytime I run my cursor over it it says "Size: 0MB".

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

Try downloading it with another program (firefox, etc) or with a download accelerator.

IceT
  • IceT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:01 AM

PLEASE HELP ME!

The game crashes when loading, it appears only one image and i get a error that says "gta_sa.exe stop working" and give me the option to close it.

system specs:

os: windows vista ultimate x64 (don't have problems with gta sa original)
prossesor: amd atlhon 64 2800+ 1,8ghz
RAM 1024mb
Geforce 7300gt 256mb

install order

1-. Map Cleaner
2-.MI_SA_V0.5beta1
3-.mi-sa-test-paths Paths (is a error)
4-.MISAv0.5bPatch
5. Again mi-sa-test-paths Paths suicidal.gif cookie.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:08 AM Edited by EmoPat, 01 March 2007 - 04:58 AM.

Well, I'm pretty sure I found out the problem.

Symantec Anti Virus.

I tried with FireFox, and of course I got a window from Symantec that said it was a trojan horse. Now, considering Symantec has given me major problems, and.. Well, I trust Myriad way over Symantec, I figured the settings were too high. Went to lower them and it said UTC was still the administrator (My sister used this computor back at UTC, University of Tennessee in Chattanooga). Tried removing it in Add or Remove programs, and it said "Windows cannot remove the program". Did a 'lil file swapping in Program Files, and finally was able to remove it. D/ling now, hope it works.

@Ice-T: Maybe you should start all over (Delete the current SA directory copy and make a new one), and install without installing the paths?

Edit: Good news.. biggrin.gif

Installer worked like a charm, going to test it tomarrow. I'd test right now, but it's 11PM and a school night here in TN, so I'm off.

J.M
  • J.M

Mafia Member

• Members

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:39 AM

I have a big problem sad.gif

I install all perfect and when i press "Start New Game" the game crash

HELP! WHY!? confused.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:51 AM

Did you use mapcleaner 1st? Common to have a crash if you don't.

J.M
  • J.M

Mafia Member

• Members

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:15 AM

Yeah, i use it

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:37 AM

Ok, to help us narrow down the issue, when abouts on the Loading bar does it crash? How large a fraction of the Loading bar is already loaded?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users