Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Official] FAQ & Help Topic

1,347 replies to this topic
locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

lord fido: It's a known issue and it's been resolved.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

When I play, all of my sounds are if they are in a big closed building, it's all echoy and loud. I have no idea what to do.

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (BCspeed34 @ Jul 29 2006, 04:45)
When I play, all of my sounds are if they are in a big closed building, it's all echoy and loud. I have no idea what to do.

This happened to me sometimes whilst playing SA.
The main cause seemed to be CJ answering the phone whist under the canopy of the garage in San Fiero
I just put it down to not having the worlds greatest sound card.

pagani
  • pagani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:59 AM

When I start the game i think WOW nice. But when i am playing for one minute, the game crashes and then i press escape and he just goes back to windows. I didn't had it with the base station, only when i add the lots. Can somebody help me?

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (pagani @ Aug 26 2006, 10:59)
When I start the game i think WOW nice. But when i am playing for one minute, the game crashes and then i press escape and he just goes back to windows. I didn't had it with the base station, only when i add the lots. Can somebody help me?

You about the version for GTA VC or for SA?

Black Dragon
  • Black Dragon

-=<(Hero of the Day)>=-

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:32 AM

just freshly installed GTA VC, used the installer, but game keeps randomly crashing, i know the limiter can help fix things but wat do i need to set it to, to optimize gameplay with Myriad?

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:21 AM

unfortunately MI-VC does crash randonly ............. thats just the way it is, thats also the reason why we dumped the VC engine and moved to the SA engine.

Black Dragon
  • Black Dragon

-=<(Hero of the Day)>=-

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:56 AM

ok then my next question, where can i find the installer for GTA SA, the ones from there site dont currently work, and im unable to find any alternate DL spots, if someone cna PM me a source leaving it up for 24-48 hours would be much apreaciated

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

you can find working links to the SA installer ....................... HERE

in future can people please use the VC or SA posting tags ? as this will help you get the correct answers to your questions.

Black Dragon
  • Black Dragon

-=<(Hero of the Day)>=-

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:31 AM Edited by Black Dragon, 14 September 2006 - 03:24 AM.

QUOTE (Gforce @ Sep 13 2006, 16:00)
you can find working links to the SA installer ....................... HERE

in future can people please use the VC or SA posting tags ? as this will help you get the correct answers to your questions.

thanx for the assist GForce, much apreaciated, ive been away for way to long, last i was here i had once offered to do a car for Myriad, but they had a suped up car already, and im much rusty, and talks of an SA version wereonly thoughts, glad to see all the progress thats been made in the past year, now just gotta figure out how to convert my car for SA n im good to go smile.gif

but again thanx for the help

EDIT: ok i tried the installer, and the game crashes everytime i go to run a new game >.<

EDIT:: nvm got it working, however the SA version is way different then i was expecting, but runs alot smoother

AzO
  • AzO

All rights reserved©

• Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:00 PM

Alright, I used to play MI a lot back in the days when VC was popular. So I though, I should try the SA version. I've downloaded the latest v0.5. I installed a fresh copy of San Andreas, and installed MI over SA. The problem is, it starts okay, I can see all the loading images, but once I press New Game, it crashes while loading. I've downloaded a fix too, what could be the problem?

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (AzO @ Oct 1 2006, 13:00)
Alright, I used to play MI a lot back in the days when VC was popular. So I though, I should try the SA version. I've downloaded the latest v0.5. I installed a fresh copy of San Andreas, and installed MI over SA. The problem is, it starts okay, I can see all the loading images, but once I press New Game, it crashes while loading. I've downloaded a fix too, what could be the problem?

You have to run Steve M's Map Cleaner, to remove SA before installing SA-MI.

It's as simple as that.

AzO
  • AzO

All rights reserved©

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:50 PM

Thank you for your reply. Didn't know this.

serano
  • serano

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

hey everybody, done the same thing like AzO.. So i can go into the game, but now i am alone and im starting in a skyscraper ? I ran down the streets, but couldnt find cars and people sad.gif ?
What do i have to do ?
BTW, nice map smile.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:46 PM Edited by mickarrow, 03 October 2006 - 03:49 PM.

For updated paths you'll need to download the paths Steve-M made.

You can find it here.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:04 AM

-I have San Andreas 1.0
-I download and install the latest installer
-Get to menu, game loads halfway
-Crashes to desktop

Any ideas?

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (BCspeed34 @ Oct 8 2006, 02:04)
-I have San Andreas 1.0
-I download and install the latest installer
-Get to menu, game loads halfway
-Crashes to desktop

Any ideas?

As I've said before...

You have to run Steve M's Map Cleaner to remove SA before installing SA-MI.

It's as simple as that.

Happy gaming.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:54 AM

I was thinking that

I thought the installer already did it biggrin.gif

tminus
  • tminus

ßÅÐ MØ-FØ

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:58 AM

Steve M's Map Cleaner keeps crashing on me during LAn. Here is the error window:
user posted image
I am running a patched 2nd version of SA, and so far I have not had any trouble running other mods. I have SA:MP, MTASA, Detailed Radar, SA Monitor, various vehicle mods etc. installed on another copy and they all work fine. I copied my original unmodded game folder, ran the downgrader, ran map cleaner and got the error. I assumed it was the downgrader, but considering it works fine with any other mod I have installed I ruled it out, but maybe I am wrong about that? Any help would be appreciated. smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:41 PM

so far we don't support SA V2 but, i have been trying to locate a genuine V2 in the UK shops here but so far all i can find is V1.

if you take a look at the first post in my MI-SA release topic you will find instructions on how to get V1.01 to run, it may be possible to get V2 to run MI-SA in a similar way.

my advice would be to install a fresh version of SA V2 then use my V0.5beta1 installer to install MI over the top of it, then use your V2 DVD to Autoplay and run the game from the Autoplay menu, if this fails then maybe try using your downgrade kit and try the Autoplay from the DVD again and see if it runs.

throughout the process forget about using Mapcleaner.

alternatively install a fresh SA V2, then use your downgrade kit and try mapcleaner before installing MI-SA, Mapcleaner is best used on a totally fresh install of SA without mods of any kind.

Good Luck smile.gif

PS: if anybody in the UK knows where i can locate a 100% genuine version of SA V2 please contact me via PM and i will work on getting MI-SA to run with it wink.gif

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:11 PM Edited by lord fido, 15 October 2006 - 11:15 PM.

QUOTE (Gforce @ Oct 15 2006, 19:41)
so far we don't support SA V2 but, i have been trying to locate a genuine V2 in the UK shops here but so far all i can find is V1.

I envy you soo much dude. If only it were like that when i bought my first SA i wouldnt had to buy another one.

EDIT:

The lot infront of Massivesoft doesnt have a floor.

tminus
  • tminus

ßÅÐ MØ-FØ

• Members

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Oct 15 2006, 19:41)

if you take a look at the first post in my MI-SA release topic you will find instructions on how to get V1.01 to run, it may be possible to get V2 to run MI-SA in a similar way.

my advice would be to install a fresh version of SA V2 then use my V0.5beta1 installer to install MI over the top of it, then use your V2 DVD to Autoplay and run the game from the Autoplay menu, if this fails then maybe try using your downgrade kit and try the Autoplay from the DVD again and see if it runs.

throughout the process forget about using Mapcleaner.

alternatively install a fresh SA V2, then use your downgrade kit and try mapcleaner before installing MI-SA, Mapcleaner is best used on a totally fresh install of SA without mods of any kind.

Good Luck smile.gif

PS: if anybody in the UK knows where i can locate a 100% genuine version of SA V2 please contact me via PM and i will work on getting MI-SA to run with it wink.gif

Great thanks man! I will try all that out and report back. BTW, what do you mean by 'a 100% genuine Version 2'? You mean a non-bootlegged version? Just curious.

Black Dragon
  • Black Dragon

-=<(Hero of the Day)>=-

• Members

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

heya all, had a question regarding the MI for SA, has something been worked out to allow u to change ur apearance without modding the CJ model(ie clothes, hair, stuff like that) cuz the plain jane starting model witht he rockstar jacket gets tiresom(not sure does anyone use a mod program outa game to change it or something?)

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Black Dragon @ Oct 17 2006, 01:28)
heya all, had a question regarding the MI for SA, has something been worked out to allow u to change ur apearance without modding the CJ model(ie clothes, hair, stuff like that) cuz the plain jane starting model witht he rockstar jacket gets tiresom(not sure does anyone use a mod program outa game to change it or something?)

I use 'Sanny Builder' to hack the 'MAIN.SCM' and change the clothes (take a look at some of my posts).
There's a word and the word is 'beta'.
When the time comes, I'm sure we'll have scripted changing rooms and/or clothes pickup points.
Until then, it's 'Sanny Builder' and a bit of personal fun.

Pitbull89
  • Pitbull89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:05 PM Edited by Pitbull89, 26 October 2006 - 06:29 PM.

HELP PLEASE

when game is loading its crashes !! why that??

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Pitbull89 @ Oct 26 2006, 18:05)
HELP PLEASE

when game is loading its crashes !! why that??

give us a f***ing clue!!

you running VC or SA? did you run mapleaner? do you have SA V2 ?

HELP us to HELP YOU FFS

we do have both VC and SA post tags here !!!

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:50 AM Edited by aad, 31 October 2006 - 08:00 AM.

Without any information about the crash it alll will look like spam post to

PLEASE POST YOUR SYSTEM SPECS AND THE WAY YOU INSTALLED MYRIAD OR ELSE WE WONT HELP
Example:

system specs:

Intel , AMD or Mac or Linux or whatever
Operating system: Windows 9x , 2000/nt , xp , vista or media center 2005
Dx diag information is always handy
memory
vid card
etc hard disk and stuff

Then the way how you installed myriad

something like

step 1:

i installed a clean gta san andreas

step 2:

i have run mapcleaner

step 3:

i have downloaded and installed myriad 0,5

step 4:

i have downloaded the litle patch that was made for 0,5 and installed it

step 5: i tried to run the game.

thats all

Greetings

Aad

S.A.M.P
  • S.A.M.P

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

i actually want to get rid of this mod. the problem is, iT SREWED MY DATA UP. im pretty sure u know how i can get rid of all of the contents and data and stuff from the myriad islands mod. i cant even play my san andreas multiplayer. i have tried to look hard at all of the san andreas files and pick out and delet the ones that arent from san andreas, but i still cant get it to work properly, COULD SOMEONE HELP ME cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (S.A.M.P @ Nov 16 2006, 14:56)
i actually want to get rid of this mod. the problem is, iT SREWED MY DATA UP. im pretty sure u know how i can get rid of all of the contents and data and stuff from the myriad islands mod. i cant even play my san andreas multiplayer. i have tried to look hard at all of the san andreas files and pick out and delet the ones that arent from san andreas, but i still cant get it to work properly, COULD SOMEONE HELP ME cryani.gif  cryani.gif  cryani.gif

Re-install San Andreas.

Dehit
  • Dehit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:11 AM

SYSTEM SPECS

Windows XP (V. 2002 SP 2)
AMD athlon™ XP 1800+
RADEON 9600 PRO FAMILY
And with quite enough free space

I had clean SA exept the crack, but i don't think thats quite the problem. ---> as far as i know this one's EU SA V. 1.0
I didn't run mapcleaner (btw. where is it? biggrin.gif)
I installed MI using this MI_SA_V0.5beta1.exe installer.
(I didn't quite find this little MI 0,5 patch either)
My MI for SA crashes while loading the game.
I've tried both new game and saved one.
I couldn't try MI:s [BETA] Decay's Supasave because the link was/ broken.

So what's the problem?

(I have had same kinds of problems with other major map modifications/corversations.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users