Photo

[Official] FAQ & Help Topic

1,347 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

Beta = glitches = not finished = don't worry!

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ May 12 2004, 21:32)
Beta = glitches = not finished = don't worry!

I won't worry. I now Opius's modeling skills and I'm sure it will be fine in the official release.
But this looked like a big bug so I thought about reporting it. and I did.

I was just wondering if I was the only one who had that problem.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:48 AM

Does anyone know what this debug message means?
CODE
[580] Not in cdimage -5.336

I've been getting it after installing Sadistics final version of illcom_c5_r8. It only happens when loading the IPL.

I WILL point out that my copy of Myriad is a hacked up copy since I didn't want to start over when 0.4 came out. Thus, I have files all over the place. This shouldn't account for why it crashes while loading this file.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

recently the small bollards with lights on them are appearing untextured in game... anyone know how to fix this? is it fixable by placing metal.txd at the bottom of the img archive?

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ May 14 2004, 06:48)
Does anyone know what this debug message means?
CODE
[580] Not in cdimage -5.336

I've been getting it after installing Sadistics final version of illcom_c5_r8. It only happens when loading the IPL.

I WILL point out that my copy of Myriad is a hacked up copy since I didn't want to start over when 0.4 came out. Thus, I have files all over the place. This shouldn't account for why it crashes while loading this file.

Yup thats your problem, Hacked, it is best to leave it alone

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:34 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 16 May 2004 - 06:48 PM.

EDIT; Nevermind, got that fixed.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:42 PM

@twoZero - You can prolly fix that alpha problem yourself by checking the "Has Alpha" Flag in Moomapper for that building. Opius will prolly do it himself for the final though.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:51 PM

Actually, my IDE lines for all my objects are set to 5, for 'reflective when wet' and 'has alpha'. It's just that there is nothing behind the glass, so it shows the (invisible) backs of faces behind it.

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:10 PM

I checked that building in Moomapper and as Opius said "has alpha" is on. But the problem doens't bother me. I was just wondering if I installed it wrong.
I will wait for the next release wink.gif .

bwzman
  • bwzman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

I know this is a huge noob question: I want to install myriad and all the lot but when the readme asks to edit gta3.img using imgtool, what is imgtool? and where can i find it??

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:37 PM

Well this is a question that is not asked much, you cannot change anything really in gta without using the img tool. You should try searching for IMG Tool first on the forum as I think that REspawn made a recent tool that does this, if not search using google ypu will find something useful on there.

IMG Tool Link

That should really help, uncheck the read only attribute on the whole folder before modifying. Right click properties -----> uncheck read only and apply to all and save.

I would use Bartons installer, check the other pinned topics for that the install booster especially if you have not modded VC at all before, thats the easy option and best option most probs.

GT-1

Lord Mozilla
  • Lord Mozilla

GTA : Vice City European Mod

• Members

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:44 AM Edited by Lord Mozilla, 23 May 2004 - 08:04 PM.

I have a problem.... I went to eat for about 30mins after my install of myriad islands messed uo. I came back to my pc and reloaded my latest backup of myriad. Now gta-vc wont execute itself. Well it will shows up in task manager but does nothing else. Doesnt load up a program or anything.

Rebooted twice allready changed my video drivers and all.... Only my Myriad island install doesnt work all my other GTA-vc install work.... GTA: LC, GTA : Europe and normal GTA : Vice City.......

Apothecary
  • Apothecary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:07 AM

Hey guys, love what your are doing, ive been watching the progree on Myriad Islands ever since the original "Empty City Project" THred was started.
I know what i am doing when modding GTA 3\VC. but what i am confused about is bartons EmptyCityScm, the latest bersion. I know how to put in properly blah blah, but i was wondering if the extra files (American.gxt, navig.zon, and Mono16.wav) are all required to run it? Any help on that?

rahkstar2.gif pwns and so does Myriad!!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:08 AM

the American.gxt goes in the TEXT folder. The main.scm goes in the data folder as does the navig.zon.
Mono16.wav goes in the audio just paste it in there.

@ Mozilla, have you ever had Myriad Islands working, with lots installed and things or is this the first time you are trying to put Myriad into VC?

Try copying the .exe file from another version of the VC, but it must be something that you have changed in order for the game not to start somthing important has probs been deleted by mistake.

Lord Mozilla
  • Lord Mozilla

• Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:50 PM

Yes I had many lots installed and all and it worked fine. But now I have reinstalled my version of myriad and it works fine. Swapping the .exe didnt work eveen with the original (the one not adjusted with VC limit adjuster).

But hey happens in mods now it works fine.

Apothecary
  • Apothecary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:23 PM

@GT-1 Im just wondering if they were required in order for the mod to work?

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:33 PM

yes they are required. all files are required unless specificly stated otherwise in the readme.

Apothecary
  • Apothecary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:56 AM Edited by Apothecary, 26 May 2004 - 04:59 AM.

Alrighty, some more stuff.

Whenever I try to install all the lots (Using BWINstaller) the loading bar get to half-way, then stops with a "bing" noise.

I tried using the VClimitadjuster 80mb, 9000 building, 9000 dummy.

But its still not working, any ideas?

Ohh, and i think that the problems are with RKland and Worldcom, whenever i installed the other, they all worked.. so what the deal with these two?

Lord Mozilla
  • Lord Mozilla

• Members

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:17 AM

No using the limit adjuster will not make the lots install.... If you have a problem try to install another lot or amke sure you extract the FIRST directory in the .rar or zip file. I have found that zip does not keep the file structure so I am using winrar. Try that.. Also try to look at the install script and see for yourself.....

Apothecary
  • Apothecary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

I am using WinRaR, BWInstaller, and I wrote all the install scripts myself as per the Readme file.

ThE_cHeEsE
  • ThE_cHeEsE

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:06 AM

hey can some1 help me my senery seems to flicker this could be my graphics card but its fine on gtalc and vc, can some1 help or is it the way i have installed myriad, i have instaled mods manualy.

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (Apothecary @ May 27 2004, 13:07)
I am using WinRaR, BWInstaller, and I wrote all the install scripts myself as per the Readme file.

If you are trying to install RK's Font & Building then you're screwed m8, It is missing a critical file in the dffs folder. That file is illcom_c2_r6, look for it on the fony topic and add it to your img

hey can some1 help me my senery seems to flicker this could be my graphics card but its fine on gtalc and vc, can some1 help or is it the way i have installed myriad, i have instaled mods manualy.

I have that problem sometimes, are you running v1.1? if so then find a 1.0 version, it always works for me

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:17 AM

it flickers when the streaming memory is 45, when I set it to 80 it stops flickering.

Lord Mozilla
  • Lord Mozilla

• Members

Posted 30 May 2004 - 04:27 PM

yeah that happened to me too setting the streaming memory to 80 sorted it though !

Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:14 AM

Sorry if this has been stated somewhere else, but I couldn't find it when I looked. I want to know where I can get a-hold of Illy's development pack for 3d max 3.1. Is there somewhere to download it, or do I have to contact him myself?

Also, I was wondering how up-to-date that "Myriad Islands lot list" pinned topic kept. As in, the image in it that says who has what lots.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:20 AM

The pack is in the centralized download center, and the lot topic should have a date.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Jack_Knife @ Jun 5 2004, 03:14)
Sorry if this has been stated somewhere else, but I couldn't find it when I looked. I want to know where I can get a-hold of Illy's development pack for 3d max 3.1. Is there somewhere to download it, or do I have to contact him myself?

At least you asked in the right topic not many do so I will get the link for you.

Look here for the link for the development pack its called Dev Kit and in the third d/l down from the essential files list.

Also, I was wondering how up-to-date that "Myriad Islands lot list" pinned topic kept. As in, the image in it that says who has what lots

The Myriad Islands lots list that it is in the pined topic has a small image and says when it was last updated, it should be kept up to date quick frequently. But check the last few posts in the topic that is no pinned for requests and see if them lots have been updayed onto it yet. You found it already. biggrin.gif

GT-1

jimmy.
  • jimmy.

?

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:48 PM

To install the blank island, it says that I can do it manually. It said to delete from baseball.ifp to tunnel.txd. Does this mean alphabetically listed, or just regularly listed?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:45 PM

I install the blank land maually and all I do is use the ide killer by Ghost_Master to remove VC and then all the rest is replacing I think or adding to the img. I dont understand where you are going wrong. If you explain in a bit more detail I will take a look for you. smile.gif

If you are having real problems I suggest using the BWinstaller it can be found in a pinned topic here, it is alot easier and less time consuming.

The Warlock
  • The Warlock

Six men with guns drawn.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2004 - 08:40 PM

I can't get it to start at all. I've tried installing this thing three times, twice with the installer (no errors) and once manually, on a clean install each time. I just downloaded all the finished lots and installed it all in one fell swoop, so to speak. It never loaded past the halfway point on the load bar before crashing. I'm about ready to give up. Can anyone help me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users