[Official] FAQ & Help Topic

1,347 replies to this topic
GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Knife)
Myriad Islands FAQ and help topic

Welcome to the new FAQ and help topic. Below is the most commonly asked questions. Please read through this before you ask a question. If you can not find your answer below then post a new reply asking your question.

To find things on this page use your browsers search function usually in edit > search.

What is Myriad Islands?

Myriad Islands is a total conversion for GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas. By that we mean every part of the game is edited. There is a new map (land and buildings ect.) new missions and code, brand new cars, new weapons and more! The project was started by illspirit in 2003 and there are many contributers. For more info about the start of myriad search through this forum!

Why does my game crash when I am driving around?

Myriad Islands has many small bugs which cause the game to randomly crash usually when driving around. Using the installer pack and raising all the limits is a good idea.

Why are some of the links to download lots are broken? What do I do?

Post in the downloads topic that a link is broken. Someone may be able to tell you why this is and if/when it will be working again.

I have downloaded Myriad but there are no buildings. Why is this?

This means you have only downloaded the blank island pack. This pack doesn�t have any lots included with it. An installer does and is always available from www.myriadislands.com

When will the mod be finished?

Myriad may never be finished but maybe it will. But there is not a set date for everything to be done.

When I load a save game there are no cars or peds. Whats happened?

This is a small bug with the mission script which witll probably be avoided in San Andreas.

I have just installed something but when I see it there is nothing but I can still walk on invisible land. What has gone wrong?

The dff or the txd file may have been corrupted as they were added to the img or the draw distance in the ide line is set to zero instead of upto 300.

Will Myriad be ported into San Andreas?

Yes, work in underway to put myriad islands into san andreas.

Do I need to have an unmodified version of Vice City to install?

Yes this is recommended to create less crashes

I just downloaded Myriad and I can�t find some of the missions. Where are they?

You need to download the latest script from the Mission Script Topic. The mission script in constantly updated so you should keep an eye on that topic.

When a install a lot there are bit�s of the lot scattered all over the place. Why is this?

You must have installed something wrong or not deleted some files you needed to delete. If you are using older lots they may have the same ide numbers

When I step into one of the pink spheres Tommy starts flying along. Is there something wrong?

The flying code was made for testing purposes. To quit it press enter or space

I just installed a building and it�s completely white. What�s wrong?

You may have forgotten to add the .txd file that goes with that building to gta3.img or you might have a corrupted .txd file which means you need to download again

Can I play myriad on the Ps2 or XBOX?

Myriad has not been designed for the console versions of GTA. It is impossible to play it on the PS2 but some people have got some of myriad into an XBOX version. Click here for more info.

When I am playing the game I repeatedly get this:

Unhandled Exception:c0000005
Address: 0040c314

Why?

This is just a bad install usually or maby you need to raise the limits in the VC limit adjuster.

I am using colfiles in the img, but when I approach the model I have added I fall through to the black abyss.

When adding colfiles to the img the colfiles are case sensitive and need to match the filname definition exactly, the game won't crash but the colfile will not get used.

FAQ written by Knife and contibuted to by other Myriad members

Bruteforce123
  • Bruteforce123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:34 PM

I need help bad I can't figure out how to get this download. I have downloaded the stuff I need but how do you use it and stuff

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, its not as though you should do what that readme.txt file suggests...

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Apr 28 2004, 16:22)
Yeah, its not as though you should do what that readme.txt file suggests...

THATS WAHT IVE BENE DONIG WORNG!!!!111111
sorry for that...
@Bruteforce123:
Read the readme and get the base land installed, then i suggest you use Bartons installer to install lots

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:40 PM

This is a help topic keep it that way please.
@ Jock what happened to your last 2 accounts.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:04 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 03 May 2004 - 03:15 PM.

I think I wrote this text in another thread so it doesn't fit here...

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:09 PM

yeah Decay plz for the love of god stop releasing half finished lots! the fony building you released was all messed up with incorrect lods and incorrect textures confused.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:11 PM

I also had a problem with the lot it messed up the road and meant the cars drove into the building, can you help me and tell me how to fix this.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Apr 28 2004, 20:11)
I also had a problem with the lot it messed up the road and meant the cars drove into the building, can you help me and tell me how to fix this.

there is no fix for it.... stupid lots.... suicidal.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:42 AM

Why dont you ask Rk, cause its his lot. I just release it for him because he was grounded from the pc.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:14 AM

Decays Fony lot works fine in my game, I used spaeenstein install script (the first one) with and had a big hole in the ground, then changed the streaming memry to 80 and the lot looks/works fine and never crashes my game

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:27 PM

Does anyone have the problem of peds and vehicles dissapearing after changing the exe file in any way? i upped streaming memory to 80 like i was advised and all peds and traffic just no longer appears.Think 28 days later only it's myriad instead of london and theres no ermmm scary stuff.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:49 PM

Its not just a Myriad problem it can happen ith the original VC when the limit is upped, try a slightly lower number or higher this may work. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

Maby a link to the old help topic would be great. rolleyes.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

Good idea Barton never thought of that, when me and Sadistic Machine get some time we are going to add the main questions and answers to the first post, for example if the texture does not work properly always add all the .dff file in the archive first and then place the textures in last. smile.gif

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:08 PM

perhaps you should post the settings you should have in your exe file.

i am currently running with no crashes except occasionaly at the outro screen.

80 mb of streaming memory

9000 buildings

9000 dummys

(however if i save my game and then load it again i have no peds or traffic confused.gif )

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:26 PM Edited by GT-1, 01 May 2004 - 10:56 AM.

I added a small amount about that Jock in the first post, if anyone has any usefull information of hints and tips on how to make Myriad run smoother plz contact a mod and ask them to add it. Lets keep this topic tidy some posts have been removed. smile.gif

I have now added some frequnetly aksed question problems answers, they are in the first post.

@ Mods please add more if you want to the first post, all help is recommended to help the project. smile.gif

Bruteforce123
  • Bruteforce123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:31 AM

I've read the read me and all of this technical stuff is to much for my head is there an easier way to do this, I mean I don't know what the hell the is talking about in the read me like everything it says I don't know how to do it or even what it means.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:55 PM

user posted image
Help

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:01 PM

Nothing to help, it's not your fault i think, just a few poly's that aren't textured

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:47 AM

ok i installer the Piper GTS-R and now the are driving around town confused.gif
user posted image

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:35 AM

@Black - That's just missing textures that Diesel hasn't added yet, same with the damage, he hasn't added an alpha map to the damaged windows.

@Cran - I get that sometimes, try reinstalling the car as that usually fixed it for me.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:50 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 09 May 2004 - 02:52 PM.

Does everyones Opius` Plaza 2nd edition have these :
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Because I tried installin the lot both manually and with the Installer, but when i saw Opius` video (with the bike) his lot didn`t have those "bugs"

Edit: Friggin Typos blush.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:52 PM

Opius's video probably had a newer, unreleased version of the lot in it. I've had a couple of those problems.

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:12 PM

I have the same problem that Black-hawk has at opius plaza but I didn't really worry about it till the final release. It might be the metal.txd I have had problems with that before.

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:50 AM

I seem to be having a problem with diesel's scrapyard and docks with the textures. from a distance, u can see everything, the warehouse, the docks and what not...but once i get closer to it, everything but the scrap yard disappears. I followed everything in the readme, step-by-step, as I did with the other lots I have installed, and tested after each one is installed. this one is the only one that seems to lack the textures though. I can post some screenies if that would help any...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:48 AM

Use the BWInstaller its alot esy install the dff file first and then the txd files at the bottom of the img this could help.

@ Black-Hawk. everyone has them problems im sure they will be fixed by Opius.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, blush.gif thats my fault. I forgot to add those textures to the TXD.
Also, you might find the handrails in the carpark stairwell a little funky. I have no idea how, but I managed to accidently add a reflection map to it. I also know that the windows on the light blue building are mapped upside down.
In any case, all of these problems will be fixed in the final version.

Bruteforce123
  • Bruteforce123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:08 PM

Hey did you forget about me, I've read the read me file and there is to much technical stuff on it I don't even know what some of it even means is there an easier way to install the main part of the mod?

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:14 PM Edited by TwoZero, 12 May 2004 - 01:18 PM.

@Bruteforce123: Check the other pinned topics (install help and booster).

@Opius: I have a other problem with your lot. 1 part of the stores doesn't have a floor in it and you can see right trough in the garage.

wait a min and I'll upload some pics.

Edit:
Seen from 1 side:
user posted image
And from the other side:
user posted image
And in the second one you also see a problem with the rail at the staires in the garage.

I used the install script to install the lot. Maybe I miss a dff or something or does everyone has this problem?

And I hate my crapy gforce 2 mx400.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users