Photo

[WIP|SCR] The Green Light District

95 replies to this topic
SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Thank you for testing it. I hope that the concept of this mod is appreciated by the people who have downloaded it, and that someone would like to work at it further.

SSX-Breaker

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:11 AM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 10 January 2011 - 01:45 AM.

I realy could use some help because the mod doesn't have any missions and have a incomplete map. I don't declare this mod as dead, only the progress is very slow (because there are only two peoples left now, who are working on this mod, including me), and I'm not good at creating missions

SSX-Breaker

robsek
  • robsek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:10 AM Edited by robsek, 07 March 2011 - 12:29 PM.

hi, i just read this thread and i'm very confident about this whole mod. in before you mentioned you'd need some skilled mappers and i've become pretty good in the last time of independent mapping.
so if i joined the project had already 3 members again.

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:15 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 28 April 2011 - 01:18 PM.

I've made a promo for The Green Light District. I had made this video was to promote the upcoming V1.5 version of The Green Light District, but this promo can be seen as a promo of The Downtown District.

Watch the promo here: GLD Promo - Messing up The Downtown District

I hope you enjoy!

SSX-Breaker

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:43 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 27 April 2011 - 01:06 PM.

Can't watch it tounge.gif
UMG rights or something

EDIT:
Apparently it is blocked here.
Which is ironic cause the makers of the mod are also dutch.

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Me too, can't watch this video.

"We're Sorry, but this Video contaions content from UMG. It's not available"

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

How has this slipped past my radar, looking excellent, keep it up icon14.gif

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:08 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 28 April 2011 - 01:17 PM.

I'm sorry for that. Everything should work again. It was blocked, because I had used the soundtrack, which belongs to Universal Music Video's.

Watch it here
SSX-Breaker

Cimbomlu37
  • Cimbomlu37

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Are there new missions too??? confused.gif

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:34 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 24 October 2011 - 01:12 PM.

The Total Conversion-project, Grand Theft Auto: Mafia Stories, is now part of The Green Light District-project.

It means that almost every island will be part of The Green Light District. I have spoken to TimB, former leader of Mafia Stories, and he have gave me all the rights to do anything I want with the islands.

Having that said, I'm not going to ruin these islands, or modify them greatly. Most of the islands will be the same. I will only make them "GLD-Ready". So, that means that almost all the Mafia Stories generics (lamppost, signs, billboards that kind of things) will be replaced by GLD's own generics. And generics will be removed, replaced, or added new. I had to make that descision, otherwise it don't fit with the theme of The Green Light District.

Does that mean that it is not Mafia-themed anymore?
Well, most of the islands will be transformed to normal themed islands. The Green Light District doesn't have the focus at the Mafia-theme, but it's a GTA2/GTA3-inspired mod.

Are you using Mafia-Stories vehicles and guns?
I'm not sure if i will use Mafia Stories weapons and vehicles.

When are you going to release it?
I will release a update when I have most of the islands ingame. It will be part of update 1.5

List of islands that are being renamed
Forston Island (announced)
Rockford Island (Alcatraz in Mafia Stories)
Mafia District (Cita di curizione in Mafia Stories)
Lynx District (Same as Mafia Stories)
Vestavia Hills (Crowning Hills in Mafia Stories)

The Downtown District
user posted image

Rockford Island (Alcatraz)
user posted image

Lynx District
user posted image

Some screens
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Click here to watch a muted gameplay-trailer from The Downtown District to Lynx District.

Click here to watch a muted gameplay trailer from The Downtown District to Rockford Island.

Click here to watch the mod's first trailer.

I will try my best, and hope that (even the Mafia Stories-fans) will enjoy the mod. You can reply for feedback or further questions.

SSX-Breaker

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

It looks nice, i think this mod'll be cool.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

Glad you filled Lynx City, it was dead empty.
I am not very pleased what you did with Alactraz, but it's not my call so.. tounge.gif

Insane Loco
  • Insane Loco

F­uck w*rd f*lters

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

That city looks sort of creepy, I love it!!! biggrin.gif it will look so awesome when there's peds walking there, it will certainly be scary to walk those streets alone. I mean it has the feeling of being a dangerous big city, it's great. icon14.gif

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Glad that you like it! smile.gif Because the mod have no missions yet, I am asking ask if someone would like to create missions for the mod. If you are interested, you can reply in this topic

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

Looks good. icon14.gif

Is there a plan of what will actually be in the missions? Is there a story plot planned?

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:39 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 25 October 2011 - 02:45 PM.

Yes there is a fixed storyline. In short: it's about CJ, who have completed the storyline in San Andreas, and gets a phone call from Liberty City (III-era). It's a old friend, named Ray, saying that he is proud at CJ, and will pick him up at Los Santos airport. He says that he have a big suprise for him in Liberty City. CJ goes to the airport, where he meets Ray. Ray is telling him that he have fixed a great villa for CJ. He can now live without troubles. CJ gets in the chopper, and Ray is flying with him to Liberty City. But on the way to Liberty City, the chopper gets shot suddenly. CJ tells Ray to jump, but Ray denies to. CJ jumps out of the chopper, and landed on a highway, leaving Ray behind. The chopper explodes. When CJ gets awake in the hospital, a new drama is turning to realism: Where is he? Who are those guys that wants Ray or Cj (or both) dead? Where it Ray's or Cj's enemies? And the most imported thing: Where is Ray? Did he die during the explosion, or is he still alive?

NOTE: The IV-version of the mod don't get the same storyline, because you don't play as CJ anymore. It will be about Niko Bellic. Also the islands will be decorated in todays view (The San Andreas-version is set in 1992)

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:44 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 14 November 2011 - 12:24 AM.

New screens of the new version of The Green Light District, V1.7! This version is set for a release at christmas. Day and night have a great difference in The Green Light District (Thanks to a good modified timecyc.dat) the world looks very smooth and loveley at day, while the nights are very dark, and dangerous.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

user posted image

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

Wow, i'm waiting for it.

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

The Green Light District V1.7 released!
Download the modefication here Have fun!

flitskikker
  • flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (SSX-Breaker @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 19:14)
The Green Light District V1.7 released!
Download the modefication here Have fun!

"Link tijdelijk niet beschikbaar"

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

Cool, now i try it!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

I'm installing this now.

But just wondering, do you ever consider porting this to GTA IV?

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

Ya i tryed this should should port to IV.

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

There will be a IV-port of this mod, but it will be done by Blaster_nl. Because the mod is still glitchy, unfinished and the lack of missions and a stortline, it will take some time to convert the mod to GTA IV. I will finish it in SA first, before converting it to IV.

Having that said, the IV-version will be different from the SA-version, because the mod plays in 1994 in SA and 2012 in the IV-version.

Another issue is the lack of multiplayer support, which i don't know if it iss possible at all with a Total Conversion mod.

The.Stranger
  • The.Stranger

Strange, isn't it?

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:10 PM Edited by The.Stranger, 07 February 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Unless your mod looks like this, I can't download it
user posted image

tounge.gif
Oh by the way, you mentioned some "Dusty vision at night" as a glitch/bug, but I think it adds a neat, 90s effect.
Does the mod have paths already?

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:45 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 31 July 2012 - 10:54 PM.

The Green Light District V1.7-version will be re-uploaded @gtagarage.com
So, you can all enjoy V1.7 very soon. colgate.gif

I am currently working at the next version of The Green Light District.

I have some good things to share with you if you were a Mafia Stories-fan colgate.gif colgate.gif colgate.gif
The Next version of The Green Light District contains the Vestavia Hills and the Mafia District-islands. Both islands were from GTA Mafia Stories, and will now be used in The Green Light District-modefication.

Those two islands will get a slight make-over, cleaning up the Mafia Stories-stuff, but still hold it's traditional buildings. What I mean with 'cleaning up' the Mafia Stories-stuff, is removing the 1950's Mafia-setting, but that doesn't mean that I will ruin the whole Mafia-concept.

Vestavia Hills, Lynx District and Rockford Island were completly removed from their Mafia-setting. They were transformed to normal theme-islands.

The Mafia District-Island will still hold the Mafia- setting. The only thing is, that The Green Light District takes place in 1997, so most of the generics will be removed.

Mafia District
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Vestavia Hills
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The next version also contains missions, a fixed minimap, bugfixes, two islands etc.
Detailed information will be post soon

All the islands of the GTA Mafia Stories-mod are integrated in The Green Light District. They never released a stable download the project. To view more details, you can visit the GTA Mafia Stories-topic

If you don't agree with some things, or have some questions, please reply in this topic

SSX-Breaking

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sounds like great news, will keep an eye on this. icon14.gif

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:13 AM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 01 August 2012 - 12:22 AM.

If screens can't say enough, why not posting a video?

This new Gameplay-video gives you a fast tour through the main islands of the next version of The Green Light District. It contains a highway that cost about 5 minutes (real time) to drive from the Mafia District to the Lynx District. The player drives through: Mafia District, The Downtown District, Vestavia Hills and ends in The Lynx District.

Watch now!

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Looks good. Hope to see ur next update for the mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users