1. This topic isn't for complaining, if you feel your sig was disabled unfairly then talk to the whoever disabled it.
2. Don't go off-topic, this topic is for requests on sigs, not talk on your new pink slippers (although mine are very nice).
If it's not re-enabled in 5 seconds, don't fret. We're probably banning something.
Thanks to the wonder that is 'The Internet', we bring you a new era in signature size rules. And more importantly, a new era of signature size rule enforcement.
1. No signature can be over 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall. That's 500x150. This is INCLUSIVE of any text you have in your signature!
2. The cumulative filesize of all the images in your signature must not exceed 80 kb's.
|How are they to be enforced?|
•The server will now check the filesize of all the images in your sig. If the total filesize of your signature exceeds the 80kb limit, the server will refuse to save it. If an image appears twice, it's filesize is only counted once.
Sadly, this is not foolproof. Nor is it idiot proof. You could overwrite the image on your host to get around the filesize checker, or you could use an image rotator to 'confuse' the script. If you did something like that, then we'd have to give you one of those oh so terrible temporary bans. We're not saying rotators are illegal, we're saying you have to check the file sizes yourself.
•The server will now check how many images are in your signature. If there is more than 10 seperate images in your sig, your changes will not be saved. If an image appears twice, it is only counted once.
|What if I break the rules?|
•We can now disable your signature whenever we want. If you're being an ass, don't be surprised if your signature rights are revoked.
•ADDENDUM (8th Jan 2005): Sexual imagery is banned in signatures and avatars. Women or men in signatures is no problem, including bikinis, hotpants, the usual glamour modelling outfits, and all the other stuff we see in the everyday media. However sexually suggestive images, even if they don't technically contain nudity, are not considered appropriate for this forum.
• Your avatar is the square image that appears under your username next to each post.
• The maximum size of an avatar is 64×64 pixels. Exceptions are some pre-installed avatars, which measure 80×80 pixels.
• The rules regarding signature content also apply to avatars.
Remember, these rules are for the good of the forums. If you don't like our rules, you are more than welcome to leave.
These rules will come into effect immediately.
1: Changed 'post' to 'topic'.
2: Added rule to protect against sexual content of signatures and avatars.
3: Changed 'topic' to 'post'.
4: Removed all occurences of "star", seeing as the warning stars were removed.
5: Sexual content rules added.
6: Avatar section added 10/09/05.
Edited by Raindancer, 02 March 2007 - 03:37 PM.