Photo

Unofficial Mods

129 replies to this topic
SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

I've uploaded all of the mods to Rapidshare, I'm going to update the links in the first post within the next minutes.

TheOldGamer
  • TheOldGamer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

They`re not updated yet confused.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Give him time, there's a lot of links to update. Be thankful he actually had backups of everything and is providing them.

TheOldGamer
  • TheOldGamer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

I`m sorry if I annoyed anyone here.
I forgot to say big "thank you" to 'SteaVor' if he is still having these files uploaded. I hope they will be successful updated soon.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:46 PM Edited by SteaVor, 16 July 2010 - 06:00 PM.

First post updated with working download links for all of the mods, hosted at Rapidshare. This was mainly made possible by MegaVovaN as in December 2007 he'd provided me with an archive file containing all of the LC mods hosted on his server at that time, so I had all of them conveniently archived in one big file - which I've now unpacked so I could upload the mods one by one.

Yesterday GTAF became unreachable (at least for me) just a couple of minutes after I'd posted, just as I was about to update the first post with working links. That's why "within the next minutes" didn't work out.

TheOldGamer
  • TheOldGamer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:02 PM Edited by TheOldGamer, 16 July 2010 - 07:05 PM.

Thank you for the initiative! icon14.gif
Hope these mods will have a permanent host and never dead links (if possible) now.

Also, I noticed that too, sometimes GTAF gives unknown error with connection or it simply not work. Hope these are not any database errors...

Samsnake
  • Samsnake

Immortalz 4 Life!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

Thank you, SteaVor, the links are working fine. icon14.gif
But you need to change to GTA Garage or something like that.

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Welp, here's what I've been fighting to get finished the last 2 days.

Marco Bistro's Interior 3.0
http://matt3d.exofir...bistros_3.0.rar

So originally I was just going to update/fix the backyard, but since I was doing that, might as well fix the whole shabang.
  • Originaly I combined the many Map objects that make up the Bistro in San Andreas, into 4 major model files, The new version uses the actual individual model files that are placed via the .ipl file, Ultimatley all the painstaking work calulating all the posistion of all the objects into the correct places didn't change much other than correct a few culling bugs and allow for some interactable objects. But now its Identical to how the Bistro is in San Andreas, with the only 2 exceptions
    1. As with the previous versions all Snow was either removed, or snow texture replaced with concrete.
    2. the indiviual model files still use the 4 combined .txd files, instead of individal txd files from SA
  • The interior of the bistro appears brigher now, thanks to the Vertex Prelighting being carried over from San Andreas.
  • All Boxes that were static in the Bistro backyard replaced with the generic cardborad boxes from GTALC, meaning they can be interacted with
  • Many Objects are now Interactive (can be pushed over, or destroyed), Like the Tables and the bottles on the bar, what fun is having all those things in the Bistro if you can't destroy them? so now you can actually clear the bistro using explosives
  • The bistro Backyard model was edited to fix a whole bunch of problems (holes, overlapping geometry, UV Stretching), and the colision file has been corrected (previously it was a little higher than the actual model, causing player to float)
    Screen 1, Screen 2, Screen 3
  • cull bounding box fixed to make sure all areas inside the bistro don't have litter/dosn't rain inside.
  • Now all objects in the backyard no longer float above ground
  • Optional add-on, GTAVC Marco Bistro Interior, inside the stairwell, the door has been removed allowing access to the GTAVC interior.
    One thing I nocited about the GTAVC interior, is that somehow during the opening cutscene in VC, the room is darkend more, as well as a few more props are there that are not inside the .ipl file for the interior.

As I understood it, how the GTA3.img is structured affects how GTA:LC runs, i remember prior to the renaming of things from the vice city names, to gta3 names, there was alot of "0001 wait" crashes. This update adds alot of files to the gta3.img, and the old model files are no longer used. So if someone decides to include the new version officially. I believe gta3.img would have to be restructured again.

Also a brief thought after I had finished the mod, the GTA:VC interior could be made an Easter Egg like the actual "egg" easter Egg in VC (even though the bistro itself is an easter egg) by leaving the door there, but removing the collision, meaning you can walk through it to find the other interior.
All you would have to do is not use the modified mid_staircase.dff in the "VC add-on" folder.

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

To anyone that downloaded the above update of Marco Bistros, please download again. I have been able to fix a bug with the Cake Display model. "kb_c*ntopdisp2.dff". Originally the windows culled the shelfs inside the model.

If you have already installed the mod, just replace "kb_c*ntopdisp2.dff" with the new one in the models/add folder.

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

Awesome work silver007. Gonna try it out now.

Neo Anderson
  • Neo Anderson

ATS Crew Member

• Members

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

Great work silver.....added the VC Bistro part to my old version of LC. Took a bit of moomapping but everything looks sweet icon14.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

First post updated, changed all download links once again. The mods are now hosted properly again and are going to stay there for the foreseeable future.

ODIE's Stunt-Park and the Intercity Highway have also been added to the first post (finally - I was sure I had done that already).

@Craig: What about the latest version of Marcos Bistro Interior that silver007 released in October? I've added v3.0 of the interior to the list of unofficial mods in the first post of this topic for the time being, so people can more easily find it.
Do you plan to include the updated interior in the next version of LC? Is it already integrated in your local development install of LC and what do you think about it?

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:17 PM Edited by jcab42, 27 May 2011 - 04:11 AM.

Thanks for updating the first post. What?! fixed the locations of the Highway and Stunt-Park, but there's still some problems with those installers (they were made for an older version of GTA:LC). You can get them to run, but here's what could be updated:
  • everywhere it says "data\gta3maps" needs to be changed to "data\maps"
  • the supplied gta_vc.dat will not work with GTA:LC 3.1. Using the instructions to edit the gta_VC.dat does work.
  • the supplied overview would have been good except that it needs to be moved (x= +15 z = +6). What?! fixed the other ipl's.
  • the stunt-park doesn't have parked cars or crazy skins.
  • the highway doesn't have LODs or signs
I've put together an alternate download which includes more than ever:

ULCM: Ultimate Liberty City Map
Installer for GTA:LC 3.1

This mod includes:
Ultimate Stunt-Park by ODIE
Ultimate Stunt-Park Crazy Skin by C.U.N.T.eyes
Ultimate Stunt-Park parked cars by What!?
Miss Liberty by ODIE and Rowell Ray Shih
Intercity Highway with buildings w/ Liberty exit by ODIE & illspirit
Intercity Highway Add-on by Diamond Joe Quimby
Thunderdome by illspirit and Skizot

Download link:
http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=16323

Conversion and packaging by jcab42; I also contributed a gtaforums / Rockstar graphic to go with the Crazy Skins.
user posted image

Miss Liberty / Intercity Highway
user posted image

Thunderdome / Intercity Highway
user posted image

Ultimate Stunt-Park / Intercity Highway
user posted image

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

That's great! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
All files are now saved on my local hard disk and mirrored on my webspace, lest they get lost again. tounge.gif
I've updated the first post with your mods and sorted the list by release date.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

Ah you made the post. Glad I could help out with this. GTAIII's Liberty City just doesn't feel right without the Stunt Park. Love using the bikes on this. icon14.gif

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

And the Stunt-park just isn't the same without the parked cars. Nicely done. Hopefully we're not the only two people that installed it tounge2.gif

What suggested that we add Illando to UCLM and Demarest requested a conversion of R* Heights (that was years ago, but still relevant). So there will likely be another version of this eventually. I'd also like to create an exe installer and possibly car paths, so if anyone would like to request a mod added to UCLM or if you'd like to help, please message me or reply to this post.

Thanks for the cookies SteaV, and thanks for all the great work you've been done for GTA:LC.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

I'm gonna be releasing this as an unofficial mod. It seems like it should be in the final game don't you think? I mean the LCS PCJ600 just seems more appropriate than the Vice City one. Just seems to fit more to the LC theme.

user posted image

The only problem is I cant get the reflection texture to work. Anyone know how I could go about doing this?

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:44 PM Edited by SomeGuy86, 23 October 2012 - 11:54 PM.

If anyone needs and/or wants these, I made a double MVL pack featuring both VC and III cars. Credits from VC pack goes to Rockstar, as all the files are completely original & not modified in any way, while III (LC) pack is taken from GTA: Liberty City, with the permission of course. smile.gif

GTA III

GTA VC

I realize III vehicles won't be much useful for GTA: LC, but IDK... Perhaps someone who replaced all the original cars with modded ones would like to have the original models back in the game? (Because I would... At least my favorite sedan, Kuruma) smile.gif

I also included "Cougar" in the VC package, it's a subversion of Virgo (beta or special version)
Thanks to Craig for letting me use LC files & have fun!

EDIT
For all of you (if any), using my stock Vice City vehicles, please apply this WHEEL FIX
Otherwise, loading any cars using the missing VC wheels (see below) will result in crashing your game.
CODE
237, wheel_rim, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0
238, wheel_offroad, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0
239, wheel_truck, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Made an unofficial mod. I've exported the hud icons from Vice City 10th anniversary and recolored them to fit with GTA III's atmosphere, Some of GTA III's icons were reused in VC 10YA, so this was pretty simple. Enjoy.

user posted imageuser posted image

Click this link to download http://www.mediafire...199759lp3u92hrz

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:18 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 12 December 2012 - 04:22 AM.

This is something we will most likely use for the official version. I'm not sure if it'll be your version exactly. Silent was talking to me about this today and I want to hear what he thinks of your files.

Even if we don't use your exact files, I really appreciate the input. Anything made by Rockstar is fair game to be included as official.

Edit: crap, looks like there's no M16. I'm not sure if there are other GTA3 weapons that didn't make the cut in VC either.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 04:18)
This is something we will most likely use for the official version. I'm not sure if it'll be your version exactly. Silent was talking to me about this today and I want to hear what he thinks of your files.

Even if we don't use your exact files, I really appreciate the input. Anything made by Rockstar is fair game to be included as official.

Edit: crap, looks like there's no M16. I'm not sure if there are other GTA3 weapons that didn't make the cut in VC either.

There is, I checked before Silent sent you the example (Which yeah, I was waiting to work on the very same mod tounge.gif ) I checked the GTA3 ones and compared them to the VC Ones (which do have a lot of leftovers) and there are indeed all the weapons from GTA3 available as well as the VC ones.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:11 PM Edited by glenster, 27 December 2012 - 04:10 PM.

I used Notepad to replace all cases of scum_man with darkel in default.ide
and pedgrp.dat, sent Claude into the abandoned train tunnel in Portland to see
Darkel, and got an unhandled exception (?).

v Sorry--I hadn't checked that. There's no darkel.txd or .dff.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (glenster @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 13:11)
I used Notepad to replace all cases of scum_man with darkel in default.ide
and pedgrp.dat, sent Claude into the abandoned train tunnel in Portland to see
Darkel, and got an unhandled exception (?).

Is there a Darkel model in the gta3.img?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

I have the HUD icons in-game on my version and will be included as official whenever I get around to uploading a new package. I also have the LCS PCJ in-game too. Thanks to Ash and rmws. for sending me both sets of files.

Darkel will never be part of this mod. Just as Rockstar chose to not include him in their final version.

XEPOMAHT007
  • XEPOMAHT007

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Do you need to complete sets LCS Peds and GTA3 X-Box Peds as unofficial modifications, when will the beta 4 are realased?

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 14:44)
If anyone needs and/or wants these, I made a double MVL pack featuring both VC and III cars. Credits from VC pack goes to Rockstar, as all the files are completely original & not modified in any way, while III (LC) pack is taken from GTA: Liberty City, with the permission of course. smile.gif

GTA III

GTA VC

I realize III vehicles won't be much useful for GTA: LC, but IDK... Perhaps someone who replaced all the original cars with modded ones would like to have the original models back in the game? (Because I would... At least my favorite sedan, Kuruma) smile.gif

I also included "Cougar" in the VC package, it's a subversion of Virgo (beta or special version)
Thanks to Craig for letting me use LC files & have fun!

EDIT
For all of you (if any), using my stock Vice City vehicles, please apply this WHEEL FIX
Otherwise, loading any cars using the missing VC wheels (see below) will result in crashing your game.
CODE
237, wheel_rim, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0
238, wheel_offroad, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0
239, wheel_truck, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0

Does anyone have the files this guy above have? I want the VC vehicles and wheel fix.
The link the guy provided somehow redirects me to some other file instead.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by SomeGuy86, 23 June 2013 - 04:44 PM.

There you have it, sorry about that. I guess the link expired & they've randomly changed it with some other file, user...

DOWNLOAD GTA3

DOWNLOAD Vice City

DOWNLOAD Wheel fix , you'll have to use this in order to add any MVL mods which call for wheelID 237, 238 &/or 239... (unused, leftover wheels from VC)

Also, be aware that MVL runs unstable under GTA-LC, I've gave it a try & ended with lots of random errors, especially during the missions... Hopefully the 2 masterminds, Craig & Maxorator will find a common language to work it out, somehow icon14.gif

@Craig

If you're serious about integrating MVL with GTA:LC, you might want to think about including my wheel fix with the next, official LC update. My update doesn't change anything in the game, all the models, wheels & textures are the same as yours except I've edited the *.DFF model to include those 3, unused VC wheel models you removed. Don't remember exactly, but think it's the wheel offroad (Rancher), wheel truck (Burrito) & those racing wheels, such as the VC Infernus for example.

Apparently you guys kept the IDs listed under default.ide, but the actual models have been removed, as you probably just converted "wheels.dff" from GTA3

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

I see no reason not to include the Vice City wheels.

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by Kurropt Antagonist, 27 June 2013 - 10:32 PM.

"LC to LCS" link in the first post is dead.

Edit: I'd also like to make a few suggestions if that's okay.

RANDOM_PERSON converted 3's gangs and cops to Vice City and they look somewhat better than LC's defaults (no offense meant).

Gangs: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5786
Cops: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=7128

And TripleAs converted LCS pedestrians for Vice City: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5468

HackMan128
  • HackMan128

alovelyday

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:12 PM Edited by HackMan128, 01 July 2013 - 12:21 PM.

LCS on PC
user posted image

Installing on fresh VC, but it contains LC's launcher and some small stuff.
Link to download at GTAGarage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users