» «
Photo

Unofficial Mods

132 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:56 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 22 July 2011 - 05:59 PM.

Unofficial Mods
- Modding the Mod -

Many people see the GTA:LC files and think of all the cool ways they could mod GTA III in VC's engine. Hey, we all want to have fun, right? Well just like with GTA III and GTA:VC, anybody with GTA:LC installed can mod their game to their liking however they want.

In the past, we have pushed aside all such talk because we only had the one thread to work with and that was our only way to get work done. But we want you to have fun and to be able to enjoy our work any way you like. So now you can have this thread to release your mods for GTA:LC, offer ideas, suggestions, and requests for such mods.

So what's the difference between an official mod and unofficial mod? For the most part, it's just going to be the difference between what's actually in GTA III and what isn't. If it's in GTA III, then it belongs in GTA:LC. If it's not in GTA III, then it could be an unofficial mod and belongs here.

See this post for a full list of suggestions for unofficial mods that came about as a result of a not-so-recent poll about what should be added to the official version of LC.

If your mod isn't listed here, post in this thread to make us aware of its existence.

Unofficial Releases:
FileAuthor(s)Latest UpdateFile SizeTested on Beta 3.1
X-Box Textures
[4D]Outback
Feb 9 2004
360 KB
Modded Vice City BF Injection
[4D]Outback
Mar 19 2004
67 KB
GTA3 Beta Police Vehicle
Monitor57
May 24 2004
638 KB
Hi-Res HUD Weapon Icons
Commando Funebrero
May 26 2004
1.62 MB
LC Arsenal
Commando Funebrero / PsychoFreak
Jul 30 2004
1.82 MB
GPS Radar Pack
Hammer83
Jan 25, 2005
654.7 KB
GTA3 FBI Cheetah
silver007
Jan 15 2006
112 KB
SA Vehicles For LC
silver007
Aug 12 2005
314 KB
LC Style Weapons Icons
Main_Salvadore
Aug 29 2005
31.5 KB
LC Premier
scalliano
Sep 20 2005
39 KB
Snow Mod for LC
NathanHenry
Oct 5 2005
2.02 MB
VC Cars In LC (Alpha 0.1)
--Cole--
Nov 5 2005
1.116 MB
Non-hostile Gangs
Konstantinos
Nov 10 2005
1.4 KB
VC Weapons In LC
Konstantinos
Dec 17 2005
722 KB
SA Claude for LC
silver007
Dec 27 2005
111 KB
"Hello Again" LCS Sign for LC
silver007
Dec 27 2005
24.7 KB
Shoreside Bridge for LC
Created for GTAIII by
Mr Milti
Released for GTA:LC by
Ben
Jan 5 2006
185 KB
X-box GTA3 Wheels
Run Down That Guy
Feb 5 2006
159.8 KB
Bike Missions
bloodyskies
Feb 19 2006
759.5 KB
SA Claude Skin Pack
(Tree-Boy and Beavis!)
marr0w
Mar 19 2006
116.6 KB
Liberty Studios
ceedj
Mar 29 2006
240.6 KB
New Train Model/Interior
Nach_Scratch
Apr 10 2006
269 KB
LCS Police Bike
Nach_Scratch
Apr 11 2006
68 KB
Improved Road Textures
Diamond Joe Quimby
Jul 5 2006
4.48 MB
ID Cheat Fix
Konstantinos
Aug 27 2006
981.3 KB
"Clean" LC Cars - LCS Style
Sinful
Sep 1 2006
1.36 MB
LC To LCS
Nach_scratch, NathanHenry, TripleAs,
Oct 13 2006
65.08 MB
Futurama Freak, dingleman
Empty Liberty City
spaceeinstein
Dec 28 2006
54.7 KB
Northern Lights mod
spaceeinstein
Mar 1 2007
8 KB
LC Stripped Complete SCM
spaceeinstein
Jul 22 2011
88.8 KB
YES
GTA New New York Beta 1
Website
New New York Team
May 11 2007
66 MB
Blue Radar (Beta-like)
[CTD]LaBan
Sep 2 2007
196 KB
Frozen Liberty City v1.1
TheDude5000
Dec 9 2007
8.45 MB
Billboards of Revolution 1.0
Cowboy 666
Dec 25 2007
15.8 MB
"The Ultimate Stunt-Park" for GTA:LC
Created for GTAIII by
ODIE
Converted to LC by
jcab42
Provided by
What!?
Jan 11 2009
706 KB
Intercity Highway for GTA:LC
Created for GTAIII by
ODIE and Illspirit
Converted to LC by
jcab42
Provided by
What!?
Jan 31 2009
1.54 MB
Marco's Bistro Interior v3.0
silver007
Oct 12 2010
1.35 MB
YES
Access To The Staunton Island Stadium
jcab42
Dec 14 2010
205 KB
YES
Ultimate Liberty City Map for GTA:LC 3.1
Details + Download at GTAGarage
Compiled and released by
jcab42
Includes mods by:
C.U.N.T.eyes
Diamond Joe Quimby
Illspirit
jcab42
ODIE
Rowell Ray Shih
Skizot
What!?
Jan 09 2011
6.3 MB
YES

Modding Tools:

Below is a list of some of the most common tools you'll need when it comes to installing the mods listed above. However, I also recommend you check out the Tools forum for a more complete list.
ToolAuthorDescription
IMG Tool 2.0
Spooky
For modifying you gta3.img file (adding, deleting, etc., files from the archive).
Mission Builder 1.5
Barton Waterduck
For modifying your main.scm (customised for Liberty City).
Collision File Editor II
(link to Official Site)
steve-m
For editing files with .col extension, which control collision data.

PLEASE NOTE:
  • For information on how to install a mod, please contact the author via PM if a readme is not included.
  • The mods are not guaranteed to work with all versions of GTA:LC, although most should work.

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:05 PM Edited by Ben, 01 March 2007 - 09:11 PM.

Northern Lights Update
Can you name me without the underscore?

EDIT by Ben - Sure smile.gif . I'll wait til MegaVovaN posts a link for this before I update it on the table, but I've fixed your name up for the Empty LC entry.

Also, I take it that this update will fix the problem in the "PLEASE NOTE" section at the bottom of the first post?

TSF442
  • TSF442

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:10 AM

I don't know if this is where I am supposed to post this(I'm pretty sure because it has to do with unofficial mods for LC)but is there a stripped version of the latest(or close to the latest)main.scm for liberty city because right now I'm working with a Totally_stripped.txt for vice city and importing the save function is one thing importing the trains and car crusher is another sad.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:55 AM Edited by Ben, 02 March 2007 - 01:57 AM.

The LC MB should have a stripped script in it (there's a link to it at the bottom of the first post). I'm not much of a coder, so I can't help you out much more than that, but if you know what you're doing, you should be able to look through the full LC SCM and import the code for the crusher, for saves, for the train, and for anything else you want over to the stripped SCM (with changes of course - I don't think it will work directly).

Good luck smile.gif .

EDIT - Actually, I'm not sure how old the stripped script in that download is. Probably pretty old. I don't think there's a more up-to-date version confused.gif .

TSF442
  • TSF442

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Mar 2 2007, 01:55)
The LC MB should have a stripped script in it (there's a link to it at the bottom of the first post). I'm not much of a coder, so I can't help you out much more than that, but if you know what you're doing, you should be able to look through the full LC SCM and import the code for the crusher, for saves, for the train, and for anything else you want over to the stripped SCM (with changes of course - I don't think it will work directly).

Good luck smile.gif .

EDIT - Actually, I'm not sure how old the stripped script in that download is. Probably pretty old. I don't think there's a more up-to-date version confused.gif .

Last year I downloaded it and the LC MB it did come with a stripped script but my hard drive got erased I downloaded it again a couple days ago the stripped scripts are vice city ones.

I guess I will try by myself to import the trains and other stuff myself but I'm still pretty new to main.scm coding.

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:24 AM

Stripped Complete
Stripped mission script based on Barton's stripped complete file for Vice City. Look into that file for more information.

And yes, that Northern Lights update fixed the crash. I think the crash was because of the limited amount of entries that can be placed in the 2dfx section in the IDE.

TSF442
  • TSF442

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (space_einstein @ Mar 3 2007, 06:24)
Stripped Complete
Stripped mission script based on Barton's stripped complete file for Vice City. Look into that file for more information.

And yes, that Northern Lights update fixed the crash. I think the crash was because of the limited amount of entries that can be placed in the 2dfx section in the IDE.

Thank you space_einstein now I don't have to bang my head into the table till I get a concussion(but I mite just for fun biggrin.gif ).

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

Updated Northern Lights mod:
http://lc.megavovan....thernLights.zip
(same link as before)

Old NL mod:
http://lc.megavovan....nLights_old.zip

Stripped Complete:
http://lc.megavovan...._LCStripped.zip

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

Thanks icon14.gif . I've added the stripped SCM to the list, but I've left off the old version of the NL mod - I don't really see the need to add an old version of a mod.

space, if you'd like me to add it, just send a PM my way or reply here smile.gif .

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

I dont no where to post so i just did it here, would anyone please make a scm with the marcos bistro mod installed because i cant open the main.scm on my computer, and i realy want the bistro...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

No. For two reasons. Firstly, saying that you can't open the SCM would be a lie if you can play LC on your computer - the memory requirements for LC far outweigh those needed to open the SCM. And secondly, the SCM changes too often - each time there's a change, you'd have to re-add the interior into the new SCM. However, I'm considering adding the interior to the official version of LC, so this problem might be overcome - I'll let you know more when I've made my decision.

Anyways, to open the SCM, you'll need to download a copy of MB (it's linked in the first post of this topic). The first time you run it, you'll need to point it to your LC folder. Then, when it's running, go to File -> Open, and select your MAIN.SCM.TXT file. Then you can follow the instructions in the readme to install the mod.

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Mar 12 2007, 23:13)
No. For two reasons. Firstly, saying that you can't open the SCM would be a lie if you can play LC on your computer - the memory requirements for LC far outweigh those needed to open the SCM. And secondly, the SCM changes too often - each time there's a change, you'd have to re-add the interior into the new SCM. However, I'm considering adding the interior to the official version of LC, so this problem might be overcome - I'll let you know more when I've made my decision.

Anyways, to open the SCM, you'll need to download a copy of MB (it's linked in the first post of this topic). The first time you run it, you'll need to point it to your LC folder. Then, when it's running, go to File -> Open, and select your MAIN.SCM.TXT file. Then you can follow the instructions in the readme to install the mod.

i didnt know that there was a liberty city mission builder, i used the barton warterduck mission builder 1.3...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:43 AM

That's fine smile.gif . I'd ask you to search, but the search function is down at the moment. I have written a guide to modding specifically for LC that you can check out here - it tells you what tools you need, and provides links.

Good luck wink.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

New version of VC weapons in LC is out. It's got a camera in it! smile.gif See readme for details.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:09 PM

Yes - The camera! I hated that you only got the camera once in Vice City. I wonder if there's a way to make it save the pictures like in San Andreas. Oh well that's better suit for the modding section.
Great job, though.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:02 AM

What happend to jcab42's conversion of Odie's Stunt Park? wow.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:55 AM

The link was most likely dead when I updated the list a year ago (I don't know how long ago it actually was, but it was a pretty long time ago). Anything with a dead link I just removed from the list - no-one had any copies of those mods either confused.gif .

But if you've got a copy of it (or anything else from back in the day), please share it and I'll update the list smile.gif .

sp4rda
  • sp4rda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

Hey guys! Well, I suppose this is the place to suggest mods for LC.

So... there is something that keeps itching me, and is the fact that we can't swim and climb walls like we used to do in San Andreas.
I know nothing about modding, but I do know that GTA:LC works with Vice City, which lacks on climb and swim feature.
I was wondering if there is any way, to strip that from SA and put in a mod for LC, Or even normal VC. That would be awesome!

And I couldn't find any topics about that suggestion (probably they exist I know), and I can't look for 57 pages in the last topic about mods.
So, if has been posted, I would know where the find the discussion about it please!

Thanks. colgate.gif

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (sp4rda @ Apr 30 2007, 12:39)
Hey guys! Well, I suppose this is the place to suggest mods for LC.

So... there is something that keeps itching me, and is the fact that we can't swim and climb walls like we used to do in San Andreas.
I know nothing about modding, but I do know that GTA:LC works with Vice City, which lacks on climb and swim feature.
I was wondering if there is any way, to strip that from SA and put in a mod for LC, Or even normal VC. That would be awesome!

And I couldn't find any topics about that suggestion (probably they exist I know), and I can't look for 57 pages in the last topic about mods.
So, if has been posted, I would know where the find the discussion about it please!

Thanks. colgate.gif

With my upcoming GTA:MA, using SA animations in VC is dead-easy. A minimal skill (not even modelling skill) in using gmax/3dsm is required.

*However* the sticking point is the physics, especially with swimming. This isn't just a matter of playing an animation. If you can get someone to code the physics of it in assembler (or some other language that gets hooked into the exe), I could give some assistance.

But it would be quite some task that could take plenty of work.

Alex

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

I think that my Grand Theft Auto New New York mod should be on that list

it uses Gta LC

http://gtanewnewyork.gzwn.net/

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

I've added it to the list for you icon14.gif . I've left the author field blank, so if you want it changed, let me know what you'd like it changed to and I'll fix it up for you pronto wink.gif .

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:23 AM Edited by Ben, 11 May 2007 - 04:08 AM.

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ May 10 2007, 16:28)
I think that my Grand Theft Auto New New York mod should be on that list

it uses Gta LC

http://gtanewnewyork.gzwn.net/

http://lc.megavovan....a_Nny_Beta1.rar

EDIT by Ben - Thanks, I've updated the first post icon14.gif .

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 11 2007, 08:59)
I've added it to the list for you icon14.gif . I've left the author field blank, so if you want it changed, let me know what you'd like it changed to and I'll fix it up for you pronto wink.gif .

Author: Futurama_Freak1 + Team

Size: 66mb

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ May 11 2007, 16:31)
I've added it to the list for you icon14.gif .  I've left the author field blank, so if you want it changed, let me know what you'd like it changed to and I'll fix it up for you pronto wink.gif .

Either say all the names, or say "New New York Team"

I don't see why everyone else should be referred to as "team" when they helped make the mod possible.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ May 11 2007, 20:33)
QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ May 11 2007, 16:31)
I've added it to the list for you icon14.gif .  I've left the author field blank, so if you want it changed, let me know what you'd like it changed to and I'll fix it up for you pronto wink.gif .

I don't see why everyone else should be referred to as "team" when they helped make the mod possible.

New New York Team it is, then. I'll fix it up now. And the size as well - thanks wink.gif .

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ May 11 2007, 20:33)

Yeah good idea, I didn't know what to put there
cause heaps of people are behind it
ok, all is well

xspudx
  • xspudx

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

Is there any timesync mod for this so I can play in real time or maybe even for GTA III? Can only find one for sh*tty San Andreas.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:12 AM Edited by SteaVor, 07 January 2011 - 08:50 PM.

It's most simple to do this because the VC Mission Builder packages contain a RTC mod already (can also be used in III without modifications)! It's just a matter of adding it to your main.scm.
(I wouldn't use it for storyline gameplay, because Sayonara Salvatore might take a while then...)

insomniacnumba1
  • insomniacnumba1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

for those people who have played GTA III/LC to death i have came up with another thing to keep you all busy for about half an hour

the Liberty City Busing Co. (taking you for a ride)

just six routes (three in both directions) the
1 going round Staunton
the 2
going round portland
and the 3
going interborough all three

we create a bus (with browned out windows) and a door on the right that opens and closes when you press . (>) which is possible
to manipulate the vice city engine to support 6 routes

i have bus blueprints however i am too much of a cheapskate to purchase Zmod and thats the only way i can make it so PM me if you want them i can texture and almost code to a certain extent and i have it all set up
i have modeled some bus stops in blender (free)

Ra!nman
  • Ra!nman

Always Bet on Duke! ;D

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

Yeah, ermm, the snow mod. Is it me or is it still in development. Because, yeah, ermmm, only few places are covered with snow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users