HELP & QUESTIONS TOPIC

602 replies to this topic
offthewall
  • offthewall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jul 17 2007, 23:36)
@offthewall - We're still not sure why LC isn't working properly with Vista confused.gif. As for the audio hardware error, if running the BAT doesn't fix the problem, then I don't know what will. Have you verified all the audio paths? There's a possibility the BAT doesn't run properly on Vista - make sure that there's a blank.mp3 file in the Audio folder after running the BAT.

By the way, there's only one BAT file in the Audio folder. The only other BAT file used in the LC installation is for the SFX, which is an optional add-on for LC. So that's not the problem - you're meant to do a clean install.

I think that's just it though, I think the .bat doesn't work properly in vista. As the .bat file is running and the text is moving really fast in the command prompt thing, I can read the text "access denied" underneath. Version 6 beta 2 also doesn't work for me because when I try to add the sfx the audtext file crashes as soon as I open it, even if I uncheck the read-only box in the 2 SFX files, But the game wouldn't run either without the LC SFX anyways. I'll try to mess around with it some more, maybe I can figure something out.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:15 PM Edited by SteaVor, 18 July 2007 - 02:19 PM.

Make sure all of the files inside the GTA LC dir have got the 'read-only' box unchecked. This is is supposed to be mentioned in the readme - in the "THE installer" section it only mentions unticking the box in the case of the SFX files. confused.gif I don't know if this will suffice for Vista, I'd bet it's demanding Administrator rights to run the BAT file (which you won't get by default even if your account has ADMINISTRATOR written over it), but I don't know if this would make the UAC prompt come up asking for confirmation to elevate the rights of cmd.exe

offthewall
  • offthewall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:14 PM Edited by offthewall, 18 July 2007 - 07:06 PM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jul 18 2007, 14:15)
Make sure all of the files inside the GTA LC dir have got the 'read-only' box unchecked. This is is supposed to be mentioned in the readme - in the "THE installer" section it only mentions unticking the box in the case of the SFX files.  confused.gif  I don't know if this will suffice for Vista, I'd bet it's demanding Administrator rights to run the BAT file (which you won't get by default even if your account has ADMINISTRATOR written over it), but I don't know if this would make the UAC prompt come up asking for confirmation to elevate the rights of cmd.exe

Thanks for the info SteaVor, when I run the .bat file with the administrator rights it doesn't say "access denied" also audtext doesn't crash with adminsitrator on either. Now I will try to reinstall LC, and hopefully everything works.

Edit: Nevermind, only those files seem to work but LC still doesn't work. Also when I try to the verify paths after I install 2.7 test 3 it says that blank.mp3 is missing, So I made my own blank.mp3 file and then verified the files once more and it said they all were valid, but the game still doesn't work. I guess I'll just wait to install this mod when everybody decides to upgrade to vista, so there will be a better chance that it will work for me.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:08 PM Edited by SteaVor, 18 July 2007 - 07:42 PM.

Wait a minute, I might have an idea why it won't work.

EDIT: AudioCleanup.bat is supposed to create said blank.mp3 file. Immediately after installing test3, run the batch file and then check if 'all files are valid'. If it doesn't work then you could try to open it with Notepad to add a line saying'pause' at the very end of the file. This would allow you to check which commands weren't executed correctly.

offthewall
  • offthewall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Jul 18 2007, 19:08)
Wait a minute, I might have an idea why it won't work.

EDIT: AudioCleanup.bat is supposed to create said blank.mp3 file. Immediately after installing test3, run the file and check if 'all files are valid'. If it doesn't work then you could try to open it with Notepad to add a line saying'pause' at the very end of the file. This would allow you to check which commands weren't executed correctly.

Audiocleanup.bat doesnt create a blank.mp3 file for me, it does pretty much nothing. But I just deleted everything off of my PC that is GTA LC related because it pissed me off so much. I don't think the solution to this problem is in the audio folder though, I think it's my crappy new OS. I should have saved my money and bought a new graphics card, or some hookers..that'd be nice smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:56 PM Edited by Ben, 19 July 2007 - 12:19 AM.

I'll add the info about unchecking the read only box for all files to the installer section (it's currently only in the GTA3 audio installation section). I'll also note that LC should be installed on an admin account only (IIRC, VC is supposed to be installed on an admin account as well).

To prevent further audio "hardware" errors, I think I'll just stick a blank.mp3 file in the Audio folder and then modify the BAT accordingly. That way, it doesn't matter if the BAT doesn't delete all the VC audio files - LC should still run. I'll add a workaround to the readme which says something along the lines of:
If the BAT file doesn't run correctly, sort the Audio folder by type and delete everything except the ADF, RAW and SDT files. Then, recopy the GTA3 audio over (except for SFX.RAW and SFX.SDT).

That still doesn't explain the "problem" with gta-vc.exe, though. It could be that it is set to Read Only, so perhaps people running Vista need to play on an admin account as well (and remove the read only check on the VC EXE before launching LC). That's about the only theory I have right now.

EDIT - Updated the first post.

akkilla
  • akkilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

it keeps asking for the radio files but i put em all in and the game wont even start up...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (akkilla @ Jul 23 2007, 08:05)
it keeps asking for the radio files but i put em all in and the game wont even start up...

Did you try verifying the paths (as outlined in the first post of this topic)?

plastus
  • plastus

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

This audio section in options is still purple,and when i start a new game,it crashes.I tried everything you wrote in bugs and incompetes topic,and it still don't work.Last working version with GTA 3 audio,was beta2ver7test1(with audioLC folder)next wersions don't work.Can you make a beta2ver7test3 with AudioLC[temporaly,until you solve this problem(i don't have Vista)because my friend don't played GTA 3 ever,and i wanna show him LC]

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

The full solution to the audio hardware issue is outlined in the first post of this topic. If you don't have Vista, the solution provided should work. We're looking into other possible causes/solutions for this problem at the moment - hopefully we'll have it figured out soon.

plastus
  • plastus

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:27 AM Edited by plastus, 24 July 2007 - 06:25 AM.

How to unmark the "read only" box in LC folder.Im unchecking it,it shows me, "aplication of atributes".I close the window,and when i'm checking it again,it's still "read only" box is marked.When i try to unmark it,i'm getting a message "unable to adaptation the atributes.
When i press "ignore" it doing nothing?Maybe that is my problem?Can someone help me with untick this box?

And,when i don't install any GTA 3 audio files,and only run audiocleanup.bat,its working wihout any problems.

AMEER157
  • AMEER157

Cesar Tremor

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

I don't have the GTA3 what can i do?

plastus
  • plastus

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

install it wihout GTA 3 audio,only run AudioCleanup.bat,and LC will work

Ra!nman
  • Ra!nman

Always Bet on Duke! ;D

• Members

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

Seems like a superb mod. But yea, life's cruel. I also have to be the one with the last problem. Crash at "start new game". Ermm, could you guys try to solve this problem? Help would un-doubtably be highly appreciated.

Ra!nman
  • Ra!nman

Always Bet on Duke! ;D

• Members

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

I don't know if this is helpful or not. The bug with the crash at "start new game". If you use a savegame, the game works. If you start a new game, it crashes...

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

Might be useful to use DebugView, it will show why it crashed.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Ra!nman @ Aug 1 2007, 03:39)
I don't know if this is helpful or not. The bug with the crash at "start new game". If you use a savegame, the game works. If you start a new game, it crashes...

confused.gif

I'm not sure why that would be the case - it makes no sense. Because the SCM is different in all update packages (generally speaking), it would mean that the any savegames you already have would be incompatible with each updated version of LC. And the only way to get a compatible savegame would be to start a new game and engineer a save yourself. Strange.

Ra!nman
  • Ra!nman

Always Bet on Duke! ;D

• Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:40 PM Edited by Ra!nman, 01 August 2007 - 05:43 PM.

Also, I found another bug at the mission "I Scream, You Scream". You have to blow up the ice cream wagon with the gang members near it. But it wont sound the horn. I got the suitcase with the bomb, the ice cream wagon and I have "horn" under "RMB". It doesn't sound the horn when I press RMB. Although I hear other wagons blastings that music while driving around the city. Also, sometimes the models get de-datched from each other. Only few milli metres on the Ped models. And some cheats of GTA 3 WORK. And GTA 3 skins work too.

EDIT: When you have a working savegame. It let's you start a new game, BUT, for some reason it opens the Show Config Mod.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Ra!nman @ Aug 1 2007, 18:40)
Also, I found another bug at the mission "I Scream, You Scream". You have to blow up the ice cream wagon with the gang members near it. But it wont sound the horn. I got the suitcase with the bomb, the ice cream wagon and I have "horn" under "RMB". It doesn't sound the horn when I press RMB. Although I hear other wagons blastings that music while driving around the city. Also, sometimes the models get de-datched from each other. Only few milli metres on the Ped models. And some cheats of GTA 3 WORK. And GTA 3 skins work too.

EDIT: When you have a working savegame. It let's you start a new game, BUT, for some reason it opens the Show Config Mod.

The Mr. Whoppee jingle stops playing when you exit it. That's a known problem. The game still behaves like it's playing, so the gang members will walk to it normally. If you can't get it to play while still driving the van, you are doing something wrong. Just tap the HORN key, don't hold it - it's exactly the same as in GTA3 and VC.

The rest is either known or not a bug at all.

Ra!nman
  • Ra!nman

Always Bet on Duke! ;D

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

ANother bug. blush.gif When you have to take Salvatore's girl to the party and the swat comes, and error appears. Something with the script. If_Player_dead etc and a big line of words and numbers.

Although, the game is awesome. cookie.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

That's the reason for the CHAPERONE package. suicidal.gif

Ra!nman
  • Ra!nman

Always Bet on Duke! ;D

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:17 PM

Oh, yes. I read about it somewhere, but I forgot the exact link for it. Could you please tell me where it was? Thanx in advance.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

DOWNLOAD topic. tounge.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Why not remove the bad opcode from Chaperone and Gone Fishing until the ASI can support it? I'd rather have an scm that isn't quite right, than an scm that crashes all of the time.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:04 AM

It looked like MM would be able to release a fixed ASI by now. It's of course better to disable these parts until we get a proper fix.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

Is it possible to find the clothing pick-ups? I'd like to get the casual outfit that can be found at the Gash in VC's Washington mall.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

No, there won't be any clothing pick-ups until someone starts converting them (VERY unlikely) because the player model is different.

BlaZelatiNo
  • BlaZelatiNo

Killa

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:39 AM

gotta question.

I downloaded this and when i played it I started out on vice city, am I suppose to start in vice city?

Dolven
  • Dolven

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:42 AM Edited by Dolven, 08 August 2007 - 01:38 PM.

Hi, I just installed LC a few days ago, it looks good but when I start a new game it quits the game and returns to the desk top, but I got a solution, the game runs with the VC save games.
So my question is where can I get a LC save game file from?

Edit: Ok so I got the new game option to work (donít ask me how), but I still get an exception (address at: 0x0048ad71). anyone know how I can fix this? /find out more about it?

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Aug 6 2007, 16:25)
No, there won't be any clothing pick-ups until someone starts converting them (VERY unlikely) because the player model is different.

Ouch. I'm trying to film a new VC movie, which will have footage of Tommy in LC. I'd like it to show him wearing one of my Iron Maiden shirts..how would I go about getting the player8.dff/.txd from VC into LC? I have 3DS Max, I have Kam's scripts, I've done conversions of vehicles and map models, but not player models.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users