static_rotor2

6 replies to this topic
HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

:)

• Members

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:54 AM

I'm using Zmod2
I have been trying to tilt the tail and I can't firgure out have to make it spin right. Only 2 things I could think of doing is rotating the pivot and the rotor itself. No matter what I do I can't get the tail rotor to spin right at an angle. So has anyone tried this or knows how to do it?

As you can see in the pic the tail rotor is tilted thats what I'm trying to do.
user posted image

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:28 PM

What would rotating the dummy do?

HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

• Members

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:21 AM

I almost forgot I made this topic blush.gif well anyways I see no one has responded with any info. So I'll ask another question does anyone know if it is possible to tilt the helicopter rotors and have them rotate properly?

@-/TNT\-
The rotor is the dummy.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:26 AM

I have to be honest, I didnt understand your first post, tnt's reply, and now now returning I don't understand still. What is it exactly the tilt is trying to accomplish? A sideways rotor? A second top-way rotor? I can't understand...

HUEY HOG
  • HUEY HOG

• Members

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

I'm planning on making a UH-60 Blackhawk and this helicopters tail rotor is at an angle. I want to put the tail rotor at an angle. I've been playing around with my current model and it doesn't want to work.

Here are some pics of the angle I want. The helicopter in the pics are the model I want to build but I'd like to know first if I can make the tail rotor look right when it spins.

http://www.airliners...file/1154066/L/
http://www.airliners...file/1126125/L/
http://www.airliners...file/1084334/L/

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

I'm not quite sure how your not understanding what the question is.

Instead of the tail rotor spinning vertically (12 and 6 o'clock position) he wants the rotor to spin at an angle like say the 2 and 8 o'clock position.

Huey, not a clue how to do it tounge2.gif

Edit: I dont think its possible at all. I remember .59 was trying to have cars with camber, but they just wouldnt rotate as it should. You could always try pm'ing him, to see if he ever came close to getting it to work.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (92F @ Mar 5 2007, 08:42)
I'm not quite sure how your not understanding what the question is.

look at the pics in the first post, maybe u'll get it then, 92F wink.gif

As far as it goes, I don't know vehicles very well, but can you use aniumated textures on vehicles? If so, why not make the dummy an invisible obsolete? Then you could animate the texture.

It would probably spin and spin even when the engine is off, but at least it would spin while you fly it. Maybe SCM can turn on anim when in of when out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users