1,923 replies to this topic
make total annoy
  • make total annoy

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 5 days ago

Eh, seems like a perfectly mediocre gimmick for the perfectly mediocre afterparty player who doesn't mind the loss of resonance that comes with gluing a hideous midi controller on their flat top :p 

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 4 days ago

that was my initial impression, too.

but what if you were someone who plays like Andy McKee? and this is already your style?

Spoiler

I can imagine that - in the right hands - it could produce some pretty intriguing soundscapes.

yeah? no?

• make total annoy likes this

make total annoy
  • make total annoy

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Marwin, 4 days ago.

Yeah, you make a fair point. I'm not entirely sold on it because of how it might limit the sonic possibilities of a good guitar, but in the right hands it might be interesting. But then,  the guitar might not be as focal... I'd rather be a duo  :lol:

e: a word.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 4 days ago

yeah the only real problem I have with it is that it empowers the 'one-man band' concept, which is what everyone is trying to do nowadays with their loop pedals and cross mixing their own playing / vocals on different instruments. which is fine and all. but I'm too old fashioned for that. I want to see multiple people coming together and playing live; working off of each other and creating something in the moment.

I want to play with a separate drum and bassist, not just tap my own drum and bass midi notes.

like I think the ACPAD is pretty cool if you just don't have anyone to play with and you're dicking around on your own arrangements at least.

• make total annoy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users