Guitar Shred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

Bought this baby  :lol:

http://www.thomann.d...itech_rp500.htm

Also some Jazz III max grip picks

Shredz are inbound

Cool, how do you like it? I also use Jazz III max grips or dunlop stubbies. 

It's still on the road, but damn it looks good, it includes a recording software and software to manage the pedalboard from the comp. You can plug it in with USB and record, pretty cool, and it has a huge amp/cabinets/effects library.

Marwin
  • Marwin

I want a name when I lose.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

Bought this baby  :lol:

http://www.thomann.d...itech_rp500.htm

Also some Jazz III max grip picks

Shredz are inbound

Cool, how do you like it? I also use Jazz III max grips or dunlop stubbies. 

It's still on the road, but damn it looks good, it includes a recording software and software to manage the pedalboard from the comp. You can plug it in with USB and record, pretty cool, and it has a huge amp/cabinets/effects library.

Sounds cool, does it do specific amp/fx modelling or is it more vague? 

RoyalSyndLuke
  • RoyalSyndLuke

Royal Syndicate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Kirk Hammett - His solos are just f*cking amazing and quite the challenge to learn

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

I'm thinking about putting a rundown of my pedal board up if anyone is interested. Would love to see what everyone else has on their boards too. Let's breathe some life into this thread.

• Marwin and Black_MiD like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:18 AM Edited by Marwin, 29 July 2015 - 11:19 AM.

I'm thinking about putting a rundown of my pedal board up if anyone is interested. Would love to see what everyone else has on their boards too. Let's breathe some life into this thread.

I just finished this board an hour ago:

11811390_964576940231252_169481656353503L-R: Blackstar HT modulation, Joyo Vintage Overdrive, and Korg Pitchblack polytune. 

I don't know why I say this board, as it is the only assembled pedal board I have. I've always used this trio together, but only now made a neat board. It's just a $6 cutting board and some Velcro from the hardware store.

This is my go-to for my "signature" sound, where I've turned the tone of the OD all the way up and use the neck pickup on my Gibson ES-139. This combination gives me the fullness of a Gibson semi-hollow, but with the snarky bite of the bridge. I add some subtle chorus to get an early 1980's fusion-type sound. As you may be able to see in the picture, I've used some white correction fluid to mark the sweet spots. 

...it's simple and it works!  :p

• Rougarou and Black_MiD like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

I wish I could be that minimal.

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

I wish I could be that minimal.

It's a more of a recent thing... Used to use a lot of old-school multi effect boards. Thing is that the ES-139 is a very versatile guitar, and all I've ever needed in the studio or live can be found in the pedals and the guitar :) This previous version of this board had a vintage Carlsboro EQ 6, and a T-Rex distortion pedal. Now that I've found my sound, I've learned to keep it small. I will probably add an EQ and reverb. 

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

My current rig (for one band) is a split chain, so I'm feeding out to two amps, each with 5 or more pedals on it. The dangers of the power duo!

For my other regular band I've whittled it down to about 5 essentials - Fuzz, A SuperEgo, wah, a couple of delays. More on that when I've written it all down.

• Marwin likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Apologies for the double post. 

Just bought one of these...

GIBSGSP15BLSN101.jpg

• Marwin, Rougarou, icecoldkilla1467 and 1 other like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ooo, what is that? Looks a bit like an SGJ! What PU's? 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 4 weeks ago.

It's a 2015 SG Special, pups are 61 Tribute Zebras, apprently. I'm probably going to switch them out and get some Laces in there, mostly likely Dirty Heshers.

I'm already thinking about removing the GForce robotuners, but I'll see how I get on with them before going ahead. Negates the warranty, but meh. I would prefer some standard tuners as the robotune seems to be more hindrance than help.

And all for under £600. Pretty sweet deal I reckon! That's my entire bonus blown but Ive been wanting a proper Gib SG for years. I have more than enough Fender offsets and think it's time to break that habit.
  • Rougarou likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, I hate to admit it but the SG is a fantastic guitar. My father bought one (in secrecy from mom) and I tried it recently, and was almost disappointed with how f*cking great it was. Definitely one for the list. Would love to hear some stuff. 

• Fuzzknuckles and Rougarou like this

Rougarou
  • Rougarou

different colours made of tears

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Apologies for the double post. 

Just bought one of these...

GIBSGSP15BLSN101.jpg

I gotta say man that looks beautiful! Congrats! How does it play?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 4 weeks ago.

I'll let you know when it arrives. I couldn't take it from the shop at the time as I have to travel for work, and it would have been a massive pain to get it home, but it's being delivered on Monday. I have all of next week off work, so I'm really going to get to spend some time with her.

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'll let you know when it arrives. I couldn't take it from the shop at the time as I have to travel for work, and it would have been a massive pain to get it home, but it's being delivered on Monday. I have all of next week off work, so I'm really going to get to spend some time with her.

ssBZhCs.gif?noredirect

:p 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oh. Yeah.

Unsurprisingly. it's really nice. Huge neck, bigger than I expected but nice to have a bit more room to move. 24 frets, too. Nice for a Gibson. 

I'm quite taken with the G-force tuners. They really do make life super easy and that's a pedal off the board too, so a double win. 

Pups are sweet, throaty at the neck with nice clear highs, fat at the bridge. I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. One really nice touch was a photograph of the guitar on the set up bench, bundled in the hard case - the moment it was ready for me to play it, captured forever. Pretty damn cool.

This guitar just became my favourite, instantly. I am very happy with my purchase.

• Marwin likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Glad to hear you're so happy with it. I'd love to try the G-force tuners. Initially I was skeptical, but that was probably only a result of the skepticism of the very vocal conservative(ugh) traditionalists(ugh) in the jazz guitar communities around me. When I tried my father's SG, I was also surprised at how big the neck was. After playing for a minute or two, I welcomed that neck and quickly preferred to that on my Ibanez(at the time). Cool that you got a hard case, with my Gibson ES-139 I got this mono-style padded bag:

11694796_953115558044057_922314661712817

10530683_953115554710724_692705827235551

Which is surprisingly good. I think I might have preferred a hard case because of the comparative fragility of a semi-hollow guitar, but I can't complain. The bag has done me well, and I have brought the guitar many places in it. Being able to carry it on your back is a huge convenience. 

I am not at all familiar with the pickups(I guess I'm a chrome cover kind of guy), if you've got any sound or video clips I'd love to hear what they sound like.

gfen
  • gfen

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 3 weeks ago

Easy; it's only one, a Creation Labs Holy Fire, dimed across the board for maximum grunge.

I keep meaning to add a MXR M108 EQ because I'm using a guitar head for bass, but I keep finding other things to spend on instead.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hear that. I'm currently running a three amp set up (three combos) and really want to get a couple of half stacks - one bass, one guitar, but I keep buying pedals and guitars instead. 

Must get around to writing up my rig. 

gfen
  • gfen

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by gfen, 3 weeks ago.

I hear that. I'm currently running a three amp set up (three combos) and really want to get a couple of half stacks - one bass, one guitar, but I keep buying pedals and guitars instead. 

For awhile, I used my old combo to power my Mac's GarageBand so I had a drummer to work with, but I sold it off and just use the one, now. 

Although, I'm so goddamned fond of my little EVJ that if I had room, reason, and resources I'd biamp with a second one and split the lows to it clean and melt the other one's tubes on full gain.

Must get around to writing up my rig. 

Easy.

Bass* -> Holy Fire -> EVJ** -> Fender BXR115.

Other than the EQ pedal, I'd be mildly interested in an autowah because it makes me giggle, but in all the years and all the effects i've gone through, I've never really used them much. Hell, even the OD pedal is spurious and there simply to provide an extra dose of drive into my already saturated tube.

* - Currently a Fender Blacktop J, previously a BCR Mockingbird, and likely going to be a Frankstein-in-progress medium scaled SX Ursa. I just can't bring myself to admit that I enjoy it more than the Fender and to just sell the BTJ and embrace Frankenstein.

** - Later version with the bigger transformer, and came pre-modified for seperate controls over the pre and power amp and a power control, so I basically dime the sh*t out of this thing and then just roll the OPR down to listenable levels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users