evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

By the power of my Iphone I bring this topic back to the front page
fenderrrrr.jpg
I had the two boss pedals for a few days then took them back... Terrible, terrible junk they are.
9891E366-6FB4-43D1-B700-BF1C59E9AF67.jpg

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Never had a problem with Boss stuff myself. How's the EVH?

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

I must say it surprised me, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. I have played Mexican strats before and never liked them. The neck on it is smoother than a babys ass, there's no laquer on it at all. The EVH branded floyd rose stays intune perfectly, I took the Dtuna off it because I don't like them. The wolfgang pickup is alright but I think I'll throw a JB in there once the Malmsteen is back together. But right now where the strat is apart the EVH is my main guitar.
On the Malmsteen I had to body painted a different color, i have 3 duncan hotrails with a pearloid pickguard, having Locking machine heads and an LSR roller nut installed.
As for the boss pedals, I found that even when off they effected my tone, so I got true bypass pedals and all is good now.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

Judicandus Homo reus qua resurget

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

The babe:

15a404fa90b811e38e841267e31ce5aa_8.jpg

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hnnng

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:17 PM Edited by Slamman, 09 April 2014 - 11:23 PM.

On the guitar front, I bought the FULL electronic package with Bullet Pre-Amps for a BC Rich Bich Supreme 2001 model, it's intended to go into a mystery Bich, literally speaking! hahaha I bought a white BCR Rich Bich some years ago, it's been a project waiting to happen since day one, I bought what amounts to faux Grover 'stair stepper' Imperial tuner heads, generic, but attach to any tuner you have to give the proper appearance. The tuners on my guitar were installed on an angle facing down, the electronics were haphazardly installed and the pickups were so beat up and warn out, I tossed them out I think! The guitar is save for the body and neck, a neck thru completely styled after an American Handcrafted Bich but with no telltale markings, now I have authentic electronics for it though, post-Neal Moser is the only downside, since he left BC Rich in 1985.

Here's a 2001 Bich audio demonstration, you get a feel for the various sounds all those controls afford you, now I have to opt for the right pickups, will they be classic DiMarzio or what BCR used for the 2001 models? I'm undecided so far

Here's a graphic example of what mine will look like completed, however, this one has metallic finish and cloud inlays, mine is straight white presently with diamond shaped inlays, still a BCR official design

http://www.sol.co.uk...bich/89bich.jpg

I won't bump this unduly just yet, but check GW's site out for some worthy exclusives and music news.....

http://www.guitarwor...g-david-gilmour

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

gear.jpg

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

New or just show n tell? The EVH series has to be spendy. Wayne Charvel is good, but when he teamed up with Grover Jackson, the guitars seemed a lot more affordable bang for the buck.

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

New or just show n tell? The EVH series has to be spendy. Wayne Charvel is good, but when he teamed up with Grover Jackson, the guitars seemed a lot more affordable bang for the buck.

The gibson is new, I picked that up Wednesday.
The EVH is made in Mexico by fender under Eddies brand EVH, same with the amp. They also have a USA Wolfgang series too but I don't care too much for the body shape.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:52 PM Edited by Slamman, 22 April 2014 - 10:54 PM.

At a local pawn shop they had an Ibanez Iceman laced with those ugly green strings. I nearly bought it but someone beat me to it, it was about $80 asking. A low level model of that body style, but still a classic guitar in my book.

By the way, for the short time Eddie had gone to Musicman and did his signature design, did you try the guitars back then?

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by yngwierocks, 23 April 2014 - 11:52 AM.

I started playing in 2003, the EVH musicman guitars are the most saught after of all the signature models, they still sell for quite a bit of money. I've never played one, probably will never get the chance to either.
I was concidering buying a Ball family reserve Axis model though. Other than a few little changes it's basically the same.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:19 AM Edited by Slamman, 24 April 2014 - 01:24 AM.

Hoping to get new photo database online going, I had Photobucket, but they put forth so many changes that my old account seemed defunct in the process. Inaccessible, though the photos still seem available online. I just took a new photo of my Warlock along side my Randall mini Combo RX15, and like I said before, a purchase one will simply NOT regret!

\

Edward had stated at the time of making his first signature that he had long tried to hide anything he did with guitar builds because he had wanted to thwart copy cat guitars from either fans or manufacturers. With his first design Musicman, the idea was to be able to go into any guitarshop on the road, for example, and get something off the rack that was the same as what he was using, so that criteria led to the design first issued. From my experience playing one, it felt just too small, and if memory serves, as perspective, the Parker Fly guitar was new at that time. Again, a bit fuzzy memory wise, but maybe you recall that as well?

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

I was too young at that time, I'm 24. But I do remember when the peaveys came out though.
And I will forever want a Kramer painted up like his 5150, eddie is the reason I picked up the guitar.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:43 AM Edited by Slamman, 24 April 2014 - 02:00 AM.

I went to a local guitar store buying my first gear, around 1984 I bought my first electric guitar, my dad took me since I didn't drive. Wound up with an Ibanez Roadstar II, had that for too long, but next up was my red 87 Bich, which was a real USA made guitar! Awesome

Speaking of the Parker Fly, I just stumbled on this while scouring YouTube... She's playing a blue burst finish Parker Fly

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

It's time for me to look at some new pedals - considering some tremolo, reverb, and delay pedals. Any suggestions/insight?

I've been leaning towards Red Witch pedals - their Titan and the moon phaser both look great. Anybody have any experience with them?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

MXR is what EVH used on occasion, other then vintage Eventide Harmonizer, which was uber spendy. A lot of guitarists I read from lately prefer plugging straight to the amp as much as possible. I had rack effects, but outside of a Wah Wah, I don't bother with pedals anymore either. Just not too interested in their clutter. Hahaha

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

From my guitar I go into a TC Electronic Polytune then into a MXR smartgate into the front of the amp. In my loop I run a TC Electronic Dreamscape and an MXR Carboncopy analog delay.
  • Moonshield likes this

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by Slamman, 26 April 2014 - 09:23 PM.

I regret giving up my Digitech GFX1 rack, but even given as many effects as it had, only a small handful stood out from the rest, and of the key adjustables, the same factors could be adjusted on any of the stored effects, so one would wind up sounding like another with just tweeking. What I like best is digital delay and most missed Noise Gate. I have to have something to replace that.

I'ma spend some serious time taking in guitar videos not unlike this one on YouTube, oh, and I just put down my own BC Rich, I opted to turn all the bass off my Randall amp and turn up the mid just a notch and the overdrive button engaged, playing thru the lead pickup and with treble cranked in essence, it sounded glorious! Best I've ever heard from my own gear. I love it right now, but it's still just an NJ Warlock, and I tried capturing the sound to video, but I don't hear it the same as actually sitting in front of the amp, sad to say, it proves one theory, you can't recreate that LIVE sound! hahaha

There is a Part II, another 10 minutes. That's all though.

Here's rare Dime before his death, really great fun in this vid, and Vinnie Paul along side...

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

E32DF7B7-8708-4AA7-AE58-2AE9F51233A1.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users