Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

682 replies to this topic
Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

I just installed v2.7 on my v2.6(which worked fine),But it doesn't run ''through'' Vice City like 2.6 did,and it always ran like it should,but now,it always shows me Put your Vice City disc (like when playing with no disc). I tried NO-CD cracks,and patches...but it doesn't work

PS:I did try with the default VC,no patches,no cracks.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:24 PM Edited by SteaVor, 30 May 2007 - 04:32 PM.

Wrong topic!
Anyway, use the Show Config utility, Click "Advanced"->"Audio"->Verify paths and tell us what it says. It should say "All files are valid" for LC to work properly.

EDIT: No progress made regarding the LODs - there are strange things happening when the files are modified.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

what's a show config utility?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

Oh, you didn't have to use it yet? tounge.gif
Look in the Help & Questions topic (where you should've posted in the first place), everything's covered in the first post.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:10 PM Edited by ITBTD, 30 May 2007 - 09:14 PM.

the wanted level stars are in the wrong place and so are the health and armor scales. i think the money scale might be wrong too.

user posted image
GTA3

user posted image
GTALC

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

Yep, the position of the wanted level stars is actually the only big difference that still allows to distinguish III screenshots from LC screenshots easily. colgate.gif Nearly everything else has been taken care of.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

@ITBTD - Nice find icon14.gif . I've never noticed, actually. Anyways, I've added that to the checklist.

@SteaVor - Hmmm, these LOD bugs are a bit of a problem. I really hope that a solution can be figured out for them soon confused.gif .

Anyway, how's the VC:Traffic CFG file coming along? Just to give you the heads-up - I'll probably be putting together an update package in around 3 weeks, so if you could have something definitive then, that'd be really good. There's no rush though - I won't be doing anything before then (stupid exams/study mad.gif ).

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (ITBTD @ May 30 2007, 22:10)
the wanted level stars are in the wrong place and so are the health and armor scales. i think the money scale might be wrong too.

I fixed this quite a while ago by rewriting the CHud::Draw function, which also fixes the position of the vehicle and zone names and the font style of the help text box. The function isn't complete yet, some things need corrected like the proportions of the characters which are different than III hence why the "scaling" of the characters look different...

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:56 AM Edited by SteaVor, 31 May 2007 - 05:59 AM.

wow.gif You never noticed it, Ben? Shame on you!
The Traffic cfg gets improved every day, but it's still necessary to tweak the spawn ranges.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:30 AM

blush.gif I know. I'll take a voluntary pay cut of 50%.

tounge.gif

As for the traffic CFG, that's good to hear. If you're still playing around with it when I've finished my exams, I'll be more than happy to do some testing for you (to get me back into the swing of things, development-wise).

smile.gif

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:15 AM

Here are some bugs with the SSV garage:
When I jump I go through the garage doors - i can go through it when I'm jumping!
http://i.data.bg/07/...399029_orig.jpg

when i go near to the left door.... look what happens with the rigth door:
http://i.data.bg/07/...399030_orig.jpg
it dont move, but the game creates some blue door!

After ive don this i entered in the garage:
http://i.data.bg/07/...399031_orig.jpg
You can see here that the right red door is still here and the middle door dissapears!

look here:
http://i.data.bg/07/...399034_orig.jpg
The red door is solid and i cant go through it.

I hope you fix that!

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:11 AM

Thanks, but the bug is already on the list. Were you able to reproduce the behaviour - does it ever get back to normal (because I know that everything works as it should when you're visiting the hideout for the first time)?
I had a quick look a looong time ago, but I wasn't experimenting in-depth.

I should get the CFG done in the very near future - the values are great, but I think the despawn ranges have to be tweaked.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 31 2007, 05:56)
The Traffic cfg gets improved every day, but it's still necessary to tweak the spawn ranges.

When I start working on the next update for VC:Traffic, you should share your experiences with it with me because I plan to improve on it all. It'd be nice if you'd make some notices about the changes you made and how and why. As of right now I plan two different spawn ranges, depending on whether a character is on foot or in vehicle. While on foot one needs high ranges (for the sniper rifle zoom available via GTA:FPS). While in vehicle one needs a broader ring in which vehicles/peds gets spawned. If you got any ideas beyond that, feel free to post them in the VC.Config topic. smile.gif

Alex

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:22 AM Edited by SteaVor, 31 May 2007 - 11:26 AM.

That's great; it will definitely improve the experience. It avoids the need to come to a compromise in terms of ranges.

@MM:
What are you doing exactly to replicate III's handling? Do you manipulate some pointers to make the III EXE parse the actual handling.cfg?

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 31 2007, 12:22)
@MM:
What are you doing exactly to replicate III's handling? Do you manipulate some pointers  to make the III EXE parse the actual handling.cfg?

What I'm planning is to read the handling.cfg data, and use that data exactly like III. I could have copied the assembly code into IIItoVC but for quickness I just loaded III's exe into memory and called the function from there.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:58 PM

I don't know if I suggest myself but I don't see any cops on the streets!

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ May 31 2007, 14:00)

What I'm planning is to read the handling.cfg data, and use that data exactly like III. I could have copied the assembly code into IIItoVC but for quickness I just loaded III's exe into memory and called the function from there.

Heh, good that you do that. I already planned on doing such a thing myself. smile.gif

I also intend to find a way to add new weapons, actors and vehicles but that ist still quite some time away. About weapons I already have an idea: I'll use new IDs to load/render models, access weapon data and such. But for the rest of the time, I'll replace the new weapon ID with a pseudo weapon ID. As you are certainly aware, the engine tests very frequently for the ID of the weapon used and it would be a *huge* amount of work to find all those tests and to replace them. But by setting the pseudo ID of a new assault rifle to the ID of the M4 most of the time it should be possible to introduce new assult rifles very well.

Not that this has anything to do with LC, I just realize.

Anyway. Good that you're working on the handling stuff. I'll probably not be able to help you much but if I can, feel free to ask.

Alex

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

i would like to point out that this pic V from unknown person(i just dont remenber who)
http://img222.images...geglitchjr9.jpg

is that same bug as i posted not to far befor this^ one was.
heres the link: my bug

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (AK-73 @ May 31 2007, 17:35)
As you are certainly aware, the engine tests very frequently for the ID of the weapon used and it would be a *huge* amount of work to find all those tests and to replace them.

You are indeed correct. I successfully created a new vehicle slot, but to get that slot working it did take a hell of alot of modifying. However, I didn't get everything since there was only collision on the wheels of the car, but the ablility to enter the car still existed.

Your approach sounds concrete, good luck with it, I'm looking forward to seeing some results.

jp245
  • jp245

Retired Modder

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 26 2007, 16:54)
It turned out that the crashes were unrelated to your ASI, MM.

I'm using the same GTA3.exe as you, too, so I've tried your files (and it didn't crash).

Did you already implement every cheat code from III to trigger the text_box message? (I tested some codes and it would show me the 'cheat activated' message - even bangbangbang and gunsgunsguns are behaving correctly)

it crashes when i use that one but maybe because i dont have a no crack cd gta3.exe

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Jun 1 2007, 00:00)
QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 31 2007, 12:22)
@MM:
What are you doing exactly to replicate III's handling? Do you manipulate some pointers  to make the III EXE parse the actual handling.cfg?

So does that mean that I'll have to restore the vehicles back to their original GTA3 values (the Kuruma, for example)? It's no problem - I've documented the changes I made clearly, so it'll only take 5 minutes work - but I'll need to know wink.gif .

And will you be implementing the code into IIItoVC at some point in the future, rather than relying on III's EXE?

QUOTE (AK-73 @ May 31 2007, 21:15)
QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 31 2007, 05:56)

When I start working on the next update for VC:Traffic, you should share your experiences with it with me because I plan to improve on it all. It'd be nice if you'd make some notices about the changes you made and how and why. As of right now I plan two different spawn ranges, depending on whether a character is on foot or in vehicle. While on foot one needs high ranges (for the sniper rifle zoom available via GTA:FPS). While in vehicle one needs a broader ring in which vehicles/peds gets spawned. If you got any ideas beyond that, feel free to post them in the VC.Config topic. smile.gif

Alex

That sounds great icon14.gif .

@SteaVor - perhaps you could save some time now and see if you can work out some good values for use with the sniper rifle as well? That'd probably be a great help to AK as well.

smile.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jun 1 2007, 00:00)
So does that mean that I'll have to restore the vehicles back to their original GTA3 values (the Kuruma, for example)?  It's no problem - I've documented the changes I made clearly, so it'll only take 5 minutes work - but I'll need to know wink.gif .

And will you be implementing the code into IIItoVC at some point in the future, rather than relying on III's EXE?

My plan was to have two sections in the handling.cfg; one for III's vehicles and another for the remaining vehicles of VC. The III section data will just be a simple copy and paste from III's handling.cfg, same goes for the VC vehicles.

As for injecting III's exe into memory; I only did that for quick testing, I wasn't planning on releasing it in that state.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

i just noticed that the gta lc Police Siren SFX is not the gta 3 Police Siren. its the gta 3 fire truck Siren.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

This mod is Great,it truly satisfies me...but there are a few problems.

1.I'm running on the 2.6v on the debug mode,but every now and then an error shows up and gives me two choices=debug or OK when I chose OK it crashes,when I choose Debug it crashes and it shoes me a send error report message.I think it was because of unhandled exceptions?Do the red numbers have anything to do with it?

2.remember spiky textures and transparent Claude (when I look at his back,I see his front?I know the cause of this...Beta 7's animations,even when I put 'em in V6 they also make stuff transparent (buildings,peds,claude)
Could this be fixed?

PS:what's up with the sh*tty Catalina model? No one moves their mouth in cutscenes,why,and will it be fixed

-Claude GTA3

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

There's a problem with your graphics card - the 'spiky textures' etc. are not caused by LC, but by the VC engine -> update your drivers please, that should fix most of these problems.
The 'red numbers' show your coordinates within the game world and have nothing to do with the occasional crashes you're experiencing (I haven't got one for months!).

Model errors are common and require quite some work to be fixed, converting animations from III over to VC is even more difficult, that's the reason you won't see animated mouths in cutscenes.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

update my drivers? I have a laptop

this is the info I found in graphic properties...
Report Date: 05/17/1428
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 15:10:58
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4543
Operating System: Windows XP* Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Default Language: Arabic
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 502 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 8 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Speed: 1866 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 27A2
Device Revision: 03

Do I need a new graphics card,cuz,all the games run fine,but LC doesn't

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

Your laptop obviously has an internal GPU, I don't think you'll be able to find drivers for this (it would be part of the Mainboard drivers).
These kinds of GPUs are known to have problems with the VC engine (spaceeinstein encounters similar graphical contortions with his built-in Intel graphics chip), if there's no update available we won't be able to help you I'm afraid.

And laptops cannot be upgraded easily, so there's probably no possibility to play LC trouble-free on your laptop.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

ah well...but without the new animations it runs fine,accept the occasional crashes which don't throw me back to deskop,so I have to restart,but W/E

thx for ur elp

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Jun 2 2007, 10:05)
ah well...but without the new animations it runs fine,accept the occasional crashes which don't throw me back to deskop,so I have to restart,but W/E

thx for ur elp

Make sure your game is running at a different resolution and/or color depth than your desktop. That way, when the game crashes, it forces a screen refresh and you should see your desktop again.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (ITBTD @ Jun 2 2007, 15:23)
i just noticed that the gta lc Police Siren SFX is not the gta 3 Police Siren. its the gta 3 fire truck Siren.

No, you are wrong. As far as I know, the fire truck and police car shared the same siren SFX in GTA3, and the sounds have been copied directly from GTA3, and are in the right spot in LC. Check space's SFX guide in the Misc. forum if you don't believe me (I just checked it, and both the GTA3 and LC archives).

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Jun 2 2007, 19:49)
This mod is Great,it truly satisfies me...but there are a few problems.

1.I'm running on the 2.6v on the debug mode,but every now and then an error shows up and gives me two choices=debug or OK when I chose OK it crashes,when I choose Debug it crashes and it shoes me a send error report message.I think it was because of unhandled exceptions?Do the red numbers have anything to do with it?

2.remember spiky textures and transparent Claude  (when I look at his back,I see his front?I know the cause of this...Beta 7's animations,even when I put 'em in V6 they also make stuff transparent (buildings,peds,claude)
Could this be fixed?

PS:what's up with the sh*tty Catalina model? No one moves their mouth in cutscenes,why,and will it be fixed

-Claude GTA3

As updating your graphics drivers could be a problem, I'd suggest you grab the VC 1.1 patch which was specifically designed to fix graphics glitches (although, since driver updates for graphics cards also fixed the problem, the patch became sorta obsolete). Just Google it and you'll find it easily enough (be sure to back up your original EXE file though). You will still need your CD to play.

If that doesn't work, you could try re-enabling the backface cull. At this stage, unless you have MM's latest IIItoVC.asi file, you won't be able to (I don't think), but you can find it on here somewhere - I'll be putting it in the next update package in around 3 weeks or so if you want to wait. Hopefully, by then, he will have added a checkbox in Show Config to do deal with this (as well as enabling/disabling the vicechee), so toggling between the two will be a bit more user friendly for everyone wink.gif .

smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users