BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

682 replies to this topic
AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hi, folks!

I have been testing VC:Traffic with VC yesterday and the setting do work when one increases both the ped multiplier *and* the ped limit. I tried a ped limit of 0x4F and a multiplier of 20.0f and the streets turn pretty crowded. However there's a slight problem, it seems. When doing many turns, the streets can get very crowded. But when driving for some time straight ahead, peds tend to get rare. I am not entirely sure about this but I think this might be because the onscreen spawn band is too narrow. You might want to either decrease the min onscreen spawn range or increase the max onscreen spawn range for peds (and check if that infers that other values need to be adapted too). Morale of the story: I just coded an interface to access these values from a text file - that doesn't necessarily mean that I know which values work best. There will have to be some trial-and-error, I think.

Alex

PS Ben, I'll send you the .cfg file by the end of the week. But as to spawn data and density - you will have to figure those one's out on your own.

w≥bster
  • w≥bster

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

I just installed your mod and the cutscenes and characters are really amazingly enough well copied.

I have just one question: Why? I mean, we have GTA3 for this. If it was in SA, I'd understand it. But why would you make such a mod? No offense, I like your mod, but it seems kinda pointless for me.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:33 PM Edited by SteaVor, 08 May 2007 - 02:41 PM.

I also noticed that (Taxi fix works great), I was using 0x5F and 10.0 respectively. It looks quite irritating - if you stay at one place, it will get more and more traffic and peds, but as soon as you leave the traffic jam, you're in Ghost Town. tounge.gif

EDIT:
Because it was started when SA wasn't even announced. And VC already contains the most important features, nearly all aspects of it can be modified (thanks, Alex!), and it's not as huge and difficult to understand as the glutted SA engine. And should it have been stopped after so many people contributed?

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 8 2007, 14:33)
I also noticed that (Taxi fix works great), I was using 0x5F and 10.0 respectively. It looks quite irritating - if you stay at one place, it will get more and more traffic and peds, but as soon as you leave the traffic jam, you're in Ghost Town.  tounge.gif

EDIT:
Because it was started when SA wasn't even announced. And VC already contains the most important features, nearly all aspects of it can be modified (thanks, Alex!), and it's not as huge and difficult to understand as the glutted SA engine. And should it have been stopped after so many people contributed?

Heh, would you mind testing GTA:MA on your non-standard exe when it gets released this week? I already opened a thread in the Miscellaneous section and posted a few screenshots. smile.gif

Alex

PS I consider currently to implement two different sets of ranges for ped spawning in VC:Traffic, one for being on foot, the other for being in a vehicle. The sniper rifles and the improved zoom of GTA:FPS require the ranges to be configured in a certain way. However when travelling in a vehicle, other requirements may apply. In the meantime, you might consider decreasing the min onscreen spawn range for peds, as mentioned.

PPS Did these setting slow your game noticeably? On my Athlon-1400 I didn't see any noticeable impact of performance, in spite of
having so many peds running around.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

Saw it already and posted there, I'd really like to test it. colgate.gif

I didn't notice any impact an the game yet cool.gif , running on a XP 1800+. SO I think it's safe to assume that really big numbers of peds/vehicles don't put anyone at a disadvantage who can run VC.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (AK-73 @ May 9 2007, 00:18)
Hi, folks!

I have been testing VC:Traffic with VC yesterday and the setting do work when one increases both the ped multiplier *and* the ped limit. I tried a ped limit of 0x4F and a multiplier of 20.0f and the streets turn pretty crowded. However there's a slight problem, it seems. When doing many turns, the streets can get very crowded. But when driving for some time straight ahead, peds tend to get rare. I am not entirely sure about this but I think this might be because the onscreen spawn band is too narrow. You might want to either decrease the min onscreen spawn range or increase the max onscreen spawn range for peds (and check if that infers that other values need to be adapted too). Morale of the story: I just coded an interface to access these values from a text file - that doesn't necessarily mean that I know which values work best. There will have to be some trial-and-error, I think.

Alex

PS Ben, I'll send you the .cfg file by the end of the week. But as to spawn data and density - you will have to figure those one's out on your own.

Rightio, thanks a bunch smile.gif . I've got a massive assignment due next Wednesday so most of the time until then will be dedicated to it - I might be able to have a play with the CFG after that.

QUOTE (w≥bster @ May 9 2007, 00:26)
I have just one question: Why? I mean, we have GTA3 for this. If it was in SA, I'd understand it. But why would you make such a mod? No offense, I like your mod, but it seems kinda pointless for me.

You have to bear in mind that LC was started back in 2003, which was, as SteaVor said, well before SA was released. So think of LC as an improved version of GTA3 - better vehicle physics, improved graphics, more features, etc. wink.gif

ashketchum22
  • ashketchum22

GTA LC Bug/Glich Searcher

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:53 AM

i dunno if someone has said this already but maybe you can try to put more people on the streets cause with this people level in portland you hardly come trough the mission trial by fire so i use the cheat professionaltools to shoot the triads with the rocketlauncher. tounge.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:52 AM

Just a quick note - two low-priority incompletes that aren't on the checklist, exe-related:

- GTA3 has a retro top-down camera mode, VC/LC hasn't
- In GTA3, player skin is saved. In VC/LC, you have to select it again when you restart the game.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (ashketchum22 @ May 23 2007, 15:53)
i dunno if someone has said this already but maybe you can try to put more people on the streets cause with this people level in portland you hardly come trough the mission trial by fire so i use the cheat professionaltools to shoot the triads with the rocketlauncher. tounge.gif

Yeah, that's caused by VC:Traffic. It will be fixed in the next update. If it's a big problem for you, you can just move the vc_traffic.asi file out of your main LC folder, and the number of PEDs/cars will go back to the normal VC settings wink.gif .

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ May 23 2007, 18:52)
Just a quick note - two low-priority incompletes that aren't on the checklist, exe-related:

- In GTA3, player skin is saved. In VC/LC, you have to select it again when you restart the game.

Thanks, I'll add those icon14.gif .

There's actually a fair bit of stuff that needs to be crossed off too (I think) - I'll have a look quickly now and see, but I'll need to go over the whole checklist in my holidays, so I might enlist your help for that wink.gif .

ashketchum22
  • ashketchum22

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 24 2007, 00:34)
QUOTE (ashketchum22 @ May 23 2007, 15:53)

Yeah, that's caused by VC:Traffic. It will be fixed in the next update. If it's a big problem for you, you can just move the vc_traffic.asi file out of your main LC folder, and the number of PEDs/cars will go back to the normal VC settings wink.gif .

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ May 23 2007, 18:52)

Thanks, I'll add those icon14.gif .

There's actually a fair bit of stuff that needs to be crossed off too (I think) - I'll have a look quickly now and see, but I'll need to go over the whole checklist in my holidays, so I might enlist your help for that wink.gif .

Yeah, that's caused by VC:Traffic. It will be fixed in the next update. If it's a big problem for you, you can just move the vc_traffic.asi file out of your main LC folder, and the number of PEDs/cars will go back to the normal VC settings .

is the number or triads then also growing in the game? not that its very important but i usually first complete the side mission, before i continue with the main missions:p

btw i have also a bug in the game and i had it 3 times in a row when im in a car jumping from a roof or something like that and im getting out of the car, the car freeze in the air and im standing on it lol.gif may something to look at before releasing the next beta version??

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

Since I have time off uni I'm going to focus on the issues in section 2 of the checklist and aim to get them all crossed off hopefully by next week. A new cheat handler is already in order, with as many or as little cheats as desired...

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

What about your OpCode emulation efforts (zone desity etc)?
And I think solving all problems of an entire section of the checklist is quite ambitious, but I'm definitely looking forward to the results.

BTW: In case that you noticed my recent lack of participation, it was due to my exams. I'll get the definite results in about 12 hours! colgate.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 24 2007, 22:04)
What about your OpCode emulation efforts (zone desity etc)?
And I think solving all problems of an entire section of the checklist is quite ambitious, but I'm definitely looking forward to the results.

BTW: In case that you noticed my recent lack of participation, it was due to my exams. I'll get the definite results in about 12 hours!  colgate.gif

Here's a version of IIItoVC to mess around with. I forgot to set an address in set_ped_density handler to be compatible with other EXE versions in the last version, fixed now. Couple cheats added, IFIWEREARICHMAN and GIVEUSATANK. Using this build of IIItoVC will disable all VC cheats...

12 hours to get exam results eh? That's better than waiting 2-3 months. sarcasm.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:35 AM

Sounds great MM icon14.gif . I too cannot wait to see the results smile.gif .

Just one question regarding the cheats - could you possibly make a new one to spawn a Hunter? That was the plan (assuming it was possible) because many people wanted to make use of it throughout the game, but we weren't going to offer it early on during the normal course of gameplay. Ideally the cheat would work the same way as GIVEUSATANK, but spawn a hunter instead - I'm not sure what you want to make the code, though. GETTOTHECHOPPER perhaps? tounge.gif

And good luck with your results, SteaVor - hope you did really well wink.gif .

@ashketchum22 - When VC:Traffic is fixed, the number of PEDs/cars will resemble GTA3 pretty well.

As for your bug, I've never seen it on PC, but I do know that it's a glitch of sorts in the PS2 version (I guess it would make sense that it's also in the PC version of VC, and therefore LC). I'm not sure it's something that needs to be fixed (or that can be fixed at all) confused.gif .

ashketchum22
  • ashketchum22

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 25 2007, 05:35)
@ashketchum22 - When VC:Traffic is fixed, the number of PEDs/cars will resemble GTA3 pretty well.

As for your bug, I've never seen it on PC, but I do know that it's a glitch of sorts in the PS2 version (I guess it would make sense that it's also in the PC version of VC, and therefore LC). I'm not sure it's something that needs to be fixed (or that can be fixed at all) confused.gif .`

i know that i look like an game inspector but this are also things i walked into when i was playing:

- the golfclub picture in the weapon show isn't modified.
- an invisible "wall"(i donno how to say it) in he huge garage on staunton (near 8-ball and the pay and spray), its on the 3th floor of the garage (When drive in take the right upway and immidiatly the upway thats next to the previous one. heres a picture:
- theres still no reward visible when you put a car in the carcrusher, but the reward money is getting by the money

srry for bad english i was in a hurry

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (ashketchum22 @ May 25 2007, 15:29)
i know that i look like an game inspector

That's a good thing - testers are always welcome at LC wink.gif .

- the golfclub picture in the weapon show isn't modified.

The weapon icon (that appears in the top right corner of your screen)? space was fixing the weapons icons up a while ago - he may have overlooked the golf club.

- an invisible "wall"(i donno how to say it) in he huge garage on staunton (near 8-ball and the pay and spray), its on the 3th floor of the garage (When drive in take the right upway and immidiatly the upway thats next to the previous one. heres a picture:

You forgot the picture it seems tounge.gif . Doesn't matter because I think I know what you're talking about. There was an invisible wall in the carpark, although I was under the impression that it had been fixed. Maybe there was another wall all along. If you can grab a picture with approximate coordinates (use debug mode and look in the top left corner of the screen for the 3 sets of numbers), that'd be really helpful smile.gif .

- theres still no reward visible when you put a car in the carcrusher, but the reward money is getting by the money

Not sure I quite understand this one. Do you mean that your money goes up, but there's no message on-screen that tells you that you've been rewarded?

srry for bad english i was in a hurry

Not at all - I understood most of that just fine wink.gif .

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

Ben: That is no bug in VC:Traffic. It is the result of not having found the right numbers in the .cfg. Try to get Steavor to fiddle a bit more with the numbers or do it yourself. smile.gif Also make sure you set the traffic density multipliers in the scm to different levels. Try 20.0f, for example (plus increasing the limits for peds/vehicles in the .cfg).

Modelling Man: Do you remember us talking about the menu stuff inside of VC? I'd like to make a request for that from you - if you have the time for it anytime soon. In the meantime I have released GTA:MA, which has the potential to become an outstanding mod. As of now it is already possible to emulate the GTA3 fighting style with it to quite some extent. What I would like to have for the mod is a menu system that eventually allows the player to select which button press combination triggers which MA move in-game. That's where a menu system would come in.

If you're interested in helping me with that, if you have the time and interest, it would help me quite a bit as I could focus on implementing the actual stuff in-game (I am already capable of storing extra-data per actor). You wouldn't have to do go at it right now, as I am currently working on my next update of GTA:FPS, implementing selective fire modes and stuff.

If you're not interested, no offense taken. smile.gif I have my own pet projects and I understand full well. Anyone helpful hint for about how to go at it would be appreciated though. smile.gif

Alex

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 25 2007, 04:35)
Just one question regarding the cheats - could you possibly make a new one to spawn a Hunter?

QUOTE (AK-73 @ May 25 2007, 14:08)
Modelling Man: Do you remember us talking about the menu stuff inside of VC? I'd like to make a request for that from you - if you have the time for it anytime soon.

It depends on the type of menu you would like. You could make a concept image of how you would like it's design to be... And also, in what way would you like the menu system to be presented to you? I could stick it in a static library which would make it easier to handle...

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (AK-73 @ May 25 2007, 15:08)
Try to get Steavor to fiddle a bit more with the numbers or do it yourself.

I've got the results now (it went pretty well. far better than I had expected) and some time to spend. tounge.gif I'm probably going to fiddle with the despawn ranges first (to get an appropriate 'spawn corridor') because I've already got dozens of peds at one place, but none as soon as I drive around the block. dontgetit.gif I should be able to present an acceptable compromise soon.

Likewise, I'll spend some time to test the new ASI version. It's great that you were able to implement the hunter spawn cheat already!

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 25 2007, 14:47)
It's great that you were able to implement the hunter spawn cheat already!

Well VC already has a function which handles the spawning of a vehicle, all you do is pass the IDE number of the vehicle you wish to spawn and that's all there is to it. Some of the other cheats will take a little while longer to implement.

IIItoVC now reads from gta-lc.ini for enabling/disabling the vicechee and model culling. Add the following 2 lines to your Misc section, and change the values to whatever you desire.
CODE
[Misc]
DisableViceChee=0
DisableCulling=0

Get the new version here.

ashketchum22
  • ashketchum22

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:20 PM Edited by ashketchum22, 25 May 2007 - 03:26 PM.

1. That's a good thing - testers are always welcome at LC wink.gif .

ty im going to do my best to find some bugs btw anotherone: when you have completed the missons of El Burro and Toni Cipriani, there's no S comming for the missions of salvatore leone.
2. The weapon icon (that appears in the top right corner of your screen)?† space was fixing the weapons icons up a while ago - he may have overlooked the golf club.

im gonna work to make one or is that done already??
3. an invisible "wall"(i donno how to say it) in he huge garage on staunton (near 8-ball and the pay and spray), its on the 3th floor of the garage (When drive in take the right upway and immidiatly the upway thats next to the previous one. heres a picture:

You forgot the picture it seems tounge.gif .† Doesn't matter because I think I know what you're talking about.† There was an invisible wall in the carpark, although I was under the impression that it had been fixed.† Maybe there was another wall all along.† If you can grab a picture with approximate coordinates (use debug mode and look in the top left corner of the screen for the 3 sets of numbers), that'd be really helpful smile.gif .

srry heres the picture:
user posted image

Not sure I quite understand this one. Do you mean that your money goes up, but there's no message on-screen that tells you that you've been rewarded?

yeah thats right(i didn't knew how to say it tounge.gif ). may its an idea to also say what type of car you crushed and the reward
im going to play GTA LC and write down the bugs and glitches when i find them wink.gif

greetings Ash

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ May 25 2007, 13:58)

Well VC already has a function which handles the spawning of a vehicle, all you do is pass the IDE number of the vehicle you wish to spawn and that's all there is to it. Some of the other cheats will take a little while longer to implement.

On the issue of cheats: remember how I tried to get the f*cku animation implemented? Study how the certaindeath cheat works: I believe in a similar way a middle finger can be activated - all you need is the geometry and a ptr to it, I believe. You can hook into the uberframe proc and check every frame if the f*cku animation is playing and attach the finger if it does und unattach it if it doesn't.

It depends on the type of menu you would like. You could make a concept image of how you would like it's design to be... And also, in what way would you like the menu system to be presented to you? I could stick it in a static library which would make it easier to handle...

As far as I am concerned, it can be just pure text menu items with the active item having a specified RGBA color as background. It's just that the number of menu items has to be dynamic (per number of moves already learnt). As I roughly envision it, the user presses a button to open the menu (and the game halts in the background (or not)), then he arrives at a menu with the different stances/forms he knows, he selects one, a different menu opens and he sees on the left the available button combinations and on the right the currently set moves. For the standard moves, he can assign to a certain button press and certain move of his choosing that he has already learnt. Next to that there will be a fixed number of special moves slots per stance where he can't set the button combination but the move has its own fixed way to trigger it.

Basically it all depends on complexity of the move. Simple moves just need a one-button press, more complex need two or 3 buttons, at the top being the special moves.

That's the basic idea. Of course dealing with it in detail might give raise to more complex requirements. Hard to tell right now.

Alex

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

@MM - That's sexy tounge.gif . Awesome work.

A couple of questions - regarding the culling and vicechee config, does that add checkboxes to Show Config or not? Ideally I'd like to see checkboxes for those two options as well (just to make it easier for everyone to toggle them) - if there aren't currently checkboxes, don't worry about it for now, as we can always work out implementing them later wink.gif .

Also, there's a couple of other EXE-related things that aren't on the checklist - there's several SFX-related things (check out this post and look for the items in orange, as well as the corresponding notes at the bottom of that post). Something that's not on the list in that post though, is the vicechee - its SFX sounds need to be redirected to play from the GTA3 Cheetah class (sfx00274, 00294, 00401-00403) instead of the GTA3 Banshee class it currently uses (it was changed as a result of shifting other sounds/vehicles to align the SFX as best as possible).

The other thing is related to teargas (which is now a reward for finishing LC 100%). It needs to have its functionality tweaked to give it damaging properties (as per the PS2 version of VC). I think it works the same except that it doesn't decrease your health/armour and/or kill PEDs (that will probably have to be checked though).

The pickup limit needs to be increased too, if possible. This is to accommodate the extra unused VC weapons which we're offering as a reward for completing LC 100% - until the limit is increased, we can't make the pickups for these extra weapons spawn.

I'm not sure what plans you had for the train either. There's issues with the number of carriages/trains on the tracks, and the SFX doesn't play for it either. There might be a few things here you can tackle if you feel like it smile.gif .

Also, let me know if you want something crossed off the checklist so you don't have to fiddle with the BBcode for it (it can make you seasick after a while tounge.gif ).

@AK - That sounds like it could be promising for getting the f*cku animation in-game. Thanks for the info smile.gif .

Also, with regards to VC:Traffic - I haven't put the newer version out with LC yet. In fact, I haven't done anything with it at all - I've left it in SteaVor's capable hands wink.gif .

@ashketchum22 - I remember that missing "S" bug as well, but thought it was fixed. Are you using the latest v7test version?

As for the golf club - I'm not sure if it's done or not. I don't have the time right now to check (I don't even have LC installed at the moment, so finding the file for the golf club will take a bit of time).

With regards to that picture, can you do something for me please? Go to your main LC folder, and go to Show Config. If you can't find Show Config, you'll have to create it. Right click and select New -> Shortcut. Click Browse and find gta-lc.exe. In the New Shortcut box, edit the path to your gta-lc.exe file by adding -showconfig - it should read "C:\<location of your LC folder>\gta-lc.exe" -showconfig - click OK when you have that. Double click on it to open it, click Advanced, and go to the Debug tab, and tick the Use Debug Script checkbox, and click Apply, and then Exit. Then load up LC, and click Start New Game. Head to that carpark, and take that picture again and post the new one - it should have three sets of red numbers in the top-left corner of the screen).

As for the crusher - we'll just do it however GTA3 does it wink.gif .

Keep up the good work icon14.gif .

ashketchum22
  • ashketchum22

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

@ashketchum22 - I remember that missing "S" bug as well, but thought it was fixed. Are you using the latest v7test version?
yes im using beta 2 v7.

As for the golf club - I'm not sure if it's done or not. I don't have the time right now to check (I don't even have LC installed at the moment, so finding the file for the golf club will take a bit of time).

ok its not important at the moment

With regards to that picture, can you do something for me please? Go to your main LC folder, and go to Show Config. If you can't find Show Config, you'll have to create it. Right click and select New -> Shortcut. Click Browse and find gta-lc.exe. In the New Shortcut box, edit the path to your gta-lc.exe file by adding -showconfig - it should read "C:\<location of your LC folder>\gta-lc.exe" -showconfig - click OK when you have that. Double click on it to open it, click Advanced, and go to the Debug tab, and tick the Use Debug Script checkbox, and click Apply, and then Exit. Then load up LC, and click Start New Game. Head to that carpark, and take that picture again and post the new one - it should have three sets of red numbers in the top-left corner of the screen).

i've tried it but he says he cant findt it when i want to say next.

As for the crusher - we'll just do it however GTA3 does it .

key
Keep up the good work .

i can go to staunton now so i go looking for bugs and glitches on stauton.

btw another bug:
sometimes when i go to my hideout the garage door is half open and when i want to go into the garage the doors opening from the ground.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:14 AM

Forgot to send my post yesterday... blush.gif

I noticed the missing Chaperone marker ('S') a while ago and was about to fix it. You can however start the mission as usual when you enter the mansion.

Ben, there aren't any options for them in the GUI - that always requires a launcher update (source code refused to compile for me when I tried it a while ago).

MM, great work, Vicechee shows up when it's supposed to do and the game doesn't crash. It does crash however when I'm quitting the game (reproducable on two different exe's). Didn't test opcodes yet.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:00 PM Edited by ModelingMan, 26 May 2007 - 02:07 PM.

QUOTE (Ben @ May 25 2007, 23:54)
I'm not sure what plans you had for the train either.  There's issues with the number of carriages/trains on the tracks, and the SFX doesn't play for it either.  There might be a few things here you can tackle if you feel like it smile.gif .

Those issues are to do with the SCM and wouldn't affect the path I am taking to implement the train.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 26 2007, 08:14)
It does crash however when I'm quitting the game (reproducable on two different exe's).

Strange, I just tested it with 3 different exe versions, ENG no-cd 1.0, ENG no-cd 1.1 and GER 1.0; neither crashed while quitting the game. There's only 4 other exes which I either do not have or cannot use...

This is something I am working on, it's for a port of III's vehicle handling data. I would like for someone to test it out, since any 3D GTA running on my PC seems to bypass the frame limiter; you must extract the zip to the root of LC, you will also need to put gta3.exe in LC's root. The gta3.exe I use is 2,383,872 bytes and is a no-cd cracked version, not sure if any other will work.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:54 PM Edited by SteaVor, 26 May 2007 - 04:56 PM.

It turned out that the crashes were unrelated to your ASI, MM.

I'm using the same GTA3.exe as you, too, so I've tried your files (and it didn't crash).

Did you already implement every cheat code from III to trigger the text_box message? (I tested some codes and it would show me the 'cheat activated' message - even bangbangbang and gunsgunsguns are behaving correctly)

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 26 2007, 17:54)
I'm using the same GTA3.exe as you, too, so I've tried your files (and it didn't crash).

Does the car handling seem any different to you?

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 26 2007, 17:54)
Did you already implement every cheat code from III to trigger the text_box message? (I tested some codes and it would show me the 'cheat activated' message - even bangbangbang and gunsgunsguns are behaving correctly)

Yes, it's only a simple comparison of strings, so it's easy to add in the cheats. All most of them do is retrieve the cheat string from the GXT and show it on-screen.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ May 26 2007, 19:39)
Does the car handling seem any different to you?

Are there vehicles with big, noticeable differences between III and LC? I thought it took several years to modify the handling.cfg of VC to resemble III's behaviour as best as possible! tounge.gif
I can say however that I - before I knew what the files were supposed to do - noticed that driving the Kuruma off the bridge felt slightly different. Why didn't you include a debug message. monocle.gif (just kidding)
Maybe I can construct a test course that proves the difference...

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Well I am aiming to use III's handling.cfg directly with LC. LC's handling just looks like the same values as III but VC engine handles the values differently, hence why I decided to load gta3.exe into memory and call III's cHandlingDataMgr::ConvertDataToGameUnits function. I'm just not sure if that would do the trick, I'm thinking it's more to do with CAutomobile::ProcessControl.

Forgot to mention that issue 2.10 on the checklist is now crossed off. All it took was a simple nop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users