Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

682 replies to this topic
AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

Just uploaded VC:Traffic v0921. That version should have the taxi missions fixed. If there's problems with that, tell me.

As for the other problems, I think they all can be fixed with the proper .cfg. I'll suggest this: post a complete list of what you intended to change through VC:Traffic and I'll set up the .cfg for you.

Alex

braaa
  • braaa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

In mission "Chaperone" when I drive with Maria to Atlantic Quads, she go to building, and when the cops arivved, I shoot them. It fall off when I kill third cop, please help me, or send save game after this mission please!!! sad.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:52 PM Edited by Ben, 30 April 2007 - 11:55 PM.

QUOTE (AK-73 @ Apr 30 2007, 23:18)
Just uploaded VC:Traffic v0921. That version should have the taxi missions fixed. If there's problems with that, tell me.

As for the other problems, I think they all can be fixed with the proper .cfg. I'll suggest this: post a complete list of what you intended to  change through VC:Traffic and I'll set up the .cfg for you.

Alex

That would be great, thanks biggrin.gif .

It should be all the issues covered in one of the emails I sent you - as I recall, there was the following:

• The fleeing drivers issue (changes to driver reaction table and driver behaviour table (column H)
  • Gang formation issues - currently form circles after spawning but this shouldn't happen (formation needs to be changed to GTA3-style)
  • PED/vehicle density - this needs to reflect GTA3 with your new, expanded spawning ranges
That should be everything I think - can you send it to me when you've done it please?

On a slightly unrelated issue, I've just checked the checklist to make sure there's nothing else VC:Traffic might be able to fix. At this stage, I don't think there is, although there's one particular issue you might have the knowledge to deal with - the missing cars in the opening cutscene (that's the JB cutscene). As I recall, Hammer stated that it was controlled through the EXE in GTA3, and no-one's been able to recreate that particular function for LC - I figured you might be able to do it seeing as you've dealt with vehicle spawning issues in VC:Traffic. Any ideas? smile.gif

Thanks again.

QUOTE (braaa @ May 1 2007, 01:16)
In mission "Chaperone" when I drive with Maria to Atlantic Quads, she go to building, and when the cops arivved, I shoot them. It fall off when I kill third cop, please help me, or send save game after this mission please!!! sad.gif

This bug has only been reported once (on the previous page), but aside from that, no-one else has been able to recreate it. So I'm not sure how we're going to help you out confused.gif . Sorry.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (braaa @ Apr 30 2007, 17:16)
and when the cops arivved, I shoot them.

Don't do that! Just park in front of the building when the RAID cutscene is over and wait till Maria comes out. Don't take an active part in the fight.

Burro
  • Burro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

I'm having the same problem with the Chaperone mission as buzy and baaa.
The game crashes just before Maria comes back out of the warehouse.
Even if just sit in the car and do nothing, it still crashes.

If this bug is unfixable, could you please post a savegame from after the Chaperone mission so that people with this bug can play further into the game

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:20 AM Edited by SteaVor, 01 May 2007 - 08:24 AM.

I'll look into it again and play the game to this point so that others can play further.

Could anyone please post the size and/or the date of the main.scm, which can be found in the /data folder?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 1 2007, 00:52)

This bug has only been reported once (on the previous page), but aside from that, no-one else has been able to recreate it. So I'm not sure how we're going to help you out confused.gif . Sorry.

No, I think pretty much everyone was able to recreate it, including me tounge.gif
This is really weird. It never happened before, and I don't think that mission's code was touched in the last update. It has nothing to do with VC Traffic.

@SteaVor: 22nd February 2007 20:03; 704 185 B

Burro
  • Burro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:50 AM Edited by Burro, 01 May 2007 - 09:21 AM.

The "Last Modified" date on the main.scm is February 2007, 20:03:58
and the size is 687 KB. Hope this helps

I'm using gta-vc.exe 1.0 US

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ May 1 2007, 18:39)
QUOTE (Ben @ May 1 2007, 00:52)

No, I think pretty much everyone was able to recreate it, including me tounge.gif
This is really weird. It never happened before, and I don't think that mission's code was touched in the last update. It has nothing to do with VC Traffic.

Well then - it seems I was mistaken. It had only been reported once though tounge.gif .

Are you sure it has nothing to do with VC:Traffic? I'm wondering if it is EXE-related somehow, seeing as SteaVor uses a German EXE, whereas I know you use a US one. And, given that the US EXE is much more common, it's also fairly likely that others experiencing the problem are using the US EXE. Assuming that's right, I can't rule out the possibility MM's latest IIItoVC.asi file has something to do with it, or even VC:Weather either. The only way to be sure would be to remove the vc_traffic, vc_weather and IIItoVC ASI files from the main LC folder one at a time (remove the traffic one, for example, and then test; reinsert the traffic one and remove the weather one, and test; etc.) for all combinations.

There is also a slight possibility I'm whistling dixie out of my ass with this too, so if anyone else has any theories, I'd love to hear about it smile.gif .

@buzy, braaa and Burro - Do you know what EXE version you are using? Check the gta-lc-scm.log file in your main LC folder if you don't, and let us know please.

Burro
  • Burro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

Thanks Ben, that worked great!

It looks like the problem is with IIItoVC.asi
I removed it from the folder and tried the mission again and it worked perfectly.

I'm not sure if this helps but I noticed before when it was crashing that the wanted level did not increase when the police arrived but it does now.
Maybe this is related?

I'm off to enjoy your excellent mod now, thanks again

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:55 AM Edited by Ben, 03 May 2007 - 12:51 AM.

OK, I'll be uploading a package with
- a savegame just before Chaperone (Last mission: Sal's called a meeting) - SLOT 1
- a savegame with Chaperone completed - SLOT 2
- my current main.scm, it is necessary for the saves to work -> put it in the DTA folder

I'd like you to test if the game crashes for you on Chaperone this time (use save #1)
ATTENTION: The 'S' doesn't show up on the radar, there's no mission marker to start Chaperone as well. Simply go inside the mansion, Chaperone will start then.

I'll edit the post as soon as the package is uploaded.

DOWNLOAD FROM THE PINNED DOWNLOAD TOPIC...

EDIT: It doesn't crash when I use the US 1.0 NoCD version either (German works perfectly). That's interesting.

@ Kon, braaa and Burro:
Does/Did it show the same error message that was reported by buzy? (last opcode executed if 0 in thread frank1)

Buzy
  • Buzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

thx SteaVor
I use the US 1.0 exe
I gonna try it now
Hope it works

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:48 PM

If Chaperone still doesn't work you can always use the other savefile to continue right after that mission. Beware though, I've rushed to the game to get there, so you'll have to do the latter missions of Luigi and Joey yourself.

Keep us informed if there's another mission crashing for you (if MM didn't find out what's wrong by then)

Buzy
  • Buzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

The mission crasht again so i played the other savefile and it workt
thx again SteaVor

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:15 PM Edited by SteaVor, 01 May 2007 - 06:43 PM.

YES! Finally I've been able to recreate the bug! The solution is here!
Problem:
As I've posted earlier, the problem was indeed 00AC is_car_on_land - the opcode isn't supported by VC, so it crashes. 00AC however rang a bell and this post indeed states that MM has incorporated the opcode into his ASI just recently. That means the reason for crashing is that you're using an old, outdated IIItoVC.asi.

see below

Regarding Checklist bugs:
5-2 (Airport LOD model) was fixed ages ago.
5-15 and 16 are indeed caused by LOD textures overlapping the regular models.

Burro
  • Burro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:48 PM Edited by Burro, 01 May 2007 - 04:58 PM.

SteaVor: I just dowloaded the IIItoVC.asi file and haven't tried it yet but I noticed that the last modified date on it is the same as the one I was using so I'm not sure what's going on there.
I'll try the file and see if it does correct the problem though

EDIT: Looks like my initial suspicion was right, the IIItoVC.asi file I was using was already the latest version. When I tried the one you suggested, the same crash occured again.
Clearly this is the file that is responsible since removing it fixes the problem but for some reason I'm getting the crash with the latest version.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

I've completely missed on the asi update. Can't test it right now though, I'm away from my usual computer. My exe version is US 1.0 btw.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

It seems that it isn't all that easy. I came to my conclusion because reverting to the old version of the ASI brought my the exact same crash that had started it all. At least we know now that it isn't related to a missing update or an otherwise outdated file.

I have no idea though why it won't work with some EXEs (it'd be a crazy coinicidence if just the German exe and the US NoCD one shared the exact same offsets), but that's MM's homework now. xmas.gif

At least everyone can use my savegame to get further.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

Yay! At least we know what the cause of the problem is now - I'll stick that package in the Download topic for you SteaVor, with a note about why it's there, what it does, etc. I'll PM MegaVovaN to see if he can host it too.

It's just a matter of time now until MM looks into it, although he did say that he wasn't going to be around much for a while. At least now we have a bit of a workaround anyways smile.gif .

As for why the issue occurs for certain EXEs and not others - there's a possibility MM didn't incorporate the versioning module properly (he did say at the time he released it that it was untested).

@SteaVor - I'll cross those bugs off the checklist too. Thanks smile.gif .

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:53 AM

The latest version of the ASI can already be found in the latest Download package. smile.gif And I think that the main.scm that can be found in the older packages doesn't contain the crashing code. That means that you're either completely up-to-date (main.scm and ASI) or you don't have to worry at all beause the mission script doesn't contain 00AC.
This means that anyone who gets the crash now uses a game version that is not yet supported by the latest, experimental ASI. As I said above, it's very strange that it works on the German and the US NoCD of all versions, but not on the regular US version.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

There's a possibility that ONLY the regular US EXE is unsupported. As far as I'm aware, the versioning module works in such a manner that it adjusts the addresses of any other EXEs (that is, EXEs that aren't the regular US one) to make them match the corresponding addresses in the US 1.0 EXE. However, this perhaps assumes that the EXE where you locate the addresses in the first place IS the US EXE. So if MM was using a no-cd EXE when he changed something in the ASI (say, for testing purposes), the addresses perhaps would have been changed to reflect the no-cd addresses instead of the US 1.0 EXEs (and there wouldn't be a function in the versioning module that converts the addresses back to US 1.0 offsets as there wouldn't be a need if you were using it to get the addresses in the first place).

That's pretty complicated and I'm not sure how much sense it really makes, but I understand it and that's all that matters tounge.gif . It's also based on several assumptions, so I could be very wrong - but after all, I'm just throwing my two cents in wink.gif .

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:04 AM Edited by SteaVor, 02 May 2007 - 06:09 AM.

This could be right, but it still doesn't explain why the German EXE has corresponding offsets. Hmm, it's a mystery...

There's something even more alarming (and I have definitely no idea what's going on):
Burro told us that the mission works if you're removing the ASI file! That's impossible because then you have no emulation of the opcode at all -> it has to crash then, but Burro said it worked for him. I'm not getting this...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:20 AM

Meh. I'm sure MM can figure it out at some stage...

smile.gif

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

Hello,this isn't a glitch or something,but it really BUGS me.In GTA3 Claude was made from parts,like every ped and NPC ingame,Can someone make Claude complete like Tommy or something. PLEASE it makes you feel that he is INCOMPLETE lol

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

I fear the contrary is the case. The folks of GTA:LC are aiming for greater authenticity and are trying to transplant the parts system in its entirety. smile.gif However, a true skin&bones model ala VC is possible (if only as an unofficial mod) but that surpasses my meager modeling abilities. smile.gif Request it in the recruit & request forum and see if anyone responds. smile.gif

Alex

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

Just a quick note - I've updated the download links for SteaVor's Chaperone package now that MegaVovaN is hosting them.

@SteaVor - I removed the link from your post in this topic too. Dunno how much size/bandwith your hosting allows, but you can take the package down if you like.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:17 AM

Just so you know, you shouldn't be using the experimental IIItoVC as it doesn't update the SCM instruction pointer properly, which in the end crashes the game. There is also some unstable code which will most certainly crash the game...

Come to think of it, I don't think I released a stable IIItoVC with the respray cost change, etc. I shall release it soon (in an hour or 2).

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:41 AM Edited by SteaVor, 03 May 2007 - 09:45 AM.

The 'experimental' status also made me think that it wouldn't have been included in the latest download package, so I thought the reason for the 00AC crash would've been the use of the outdated version. But it turned out that not only was the experimental build included in the package, but also the main.scm updated with the 00AC code.

Did you have any change to look at the issue(s) yet or have you made any other progress regarding the correct emulation of the latest opcode set?

I didn't notice any crash with the ASI btw, but then again Chaperone works properly for me only... turn.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 3 2007, 10:41)
The 'experimental' status also made me think that it wouldn't have been included in the latest download package, so I thought the reason for the 00AC crash would've been the use of the outdated version. But it turned out that not only was the experimental build included in the package, but also the main.scm updated with the 00AC code.

I know for a fact that 00AC was already in the v2.6 SCM. Did MM rewrite the function in the new asi? But why, when it was working alright? dontgetit.gif
BTW, It's also used in 'Gone fishing'. Same crash.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ May 3 2007, 21:08)
I know for a fact that 00AC was already in the v2.6 SCM. Did MM rewrite the function in the new asi? But why, when it was working alright? dontgetit.gif
BTW, It's also used in 'Gone fishing'. Same crash.

An alternative was used, but that doesn't do what 00AC did in III, so I coded the opcode for LC and it does the exact same as it does in III.

The current build of IIItoVC updates the instruction pointer, but I have been unable to test it since I'm not at my own PC right now, I shall get it done tomorrow though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users