» «
Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

682 replies to this topic
files02116
  • files02116

The Running mate

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:00 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 14 March 2011 - 03:30 AM.

and oh yea when i typed the GTA III cheats its not working (like turtoise but it doesn't give armor and gunsgunsguns which it doesn't give any guns but the message showing Weapons Cheat or Armor Cheat Activated) bcuz im using the IIItoVC.asi-20070525-v7t3+t4+t5 to fix teh inverted textures but on the original .asi file the vc cheats are still working but i have the inverted textures any help?

E: a Little height bug

Link to picture

Edit by Craig: Please don't post such large pictures. If it's over 800 pixels (or so) wide, please link them or provide a thumbnail.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (ITBTD @ Mar 12 2011, 22:06)
I ussually just use TXD workshop for it because it rebuilds it it automatically. i have been doing that for years without any problems but because i just recently started back up, i had to use an earlier version because thats all i could find because gtatools.com isnt accessable right now. but you might be right. i'll rebuild it with imgtool and see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah the same thing is happening. I even re-replaced the models in img tool and they still arent changing. confused.gif

Try actually removing a file (like the police car dff) from the image and see if the game crashes at startup.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 13 2011, 20:15)
I ussually just use TXD workshop for it because it rebuilds it it automatically. i have been doing that for years without any problems but because i just recently started back up, i had to use an earlier version because thats all i could find because gtatools.com isnt accessable right now. but you might be right. i'll rebuild it with imgtool and see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah the same thing is happening. I even re-replaced the models in img tool and they still arent changing.  confused.gif

Try actually removing a file (like the police car dff) from the image and see if the game crashes at startup.

Okay, I removed the file from the IMG completely, rebuilt the archive and the game started up just fine. i went to the police station and sure enough, there was a police car there. it makes no sence to me...

The_Deji
  • The_Deji

Leone Family Hitman

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

I have found a BUG. The SFX sounds are weird. I don't hink they have to be in this way. I ran the installer and installed audio from my GTA3 disk. How do I fix this?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (ITBTD @ Mar 13 2011, 21:28)

EDIT: Yeah the same thing is happening. I even re-replaced the models in img tool and they still arent changing.  confused.gif

Okay, I removed the file from the IMG completely, rebuilt the archive and the game started up just fine. i went to the police station and sure enough, there was a police car there. it makes no sence to me...

You're probably editing the wrong file. Make sure the image you are changing is actually in the same directory that you're playing.

If your exe is here:
CODE
C:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\gta-lc.exe

Then the image is here:
CODE
C:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\models\gta3.img

@The_Deji: If the sounds are weird, then you likely didn't copy the files from the GTA3 SFX archive. I don't remember exactly how we're doing that with the latest files, but I'm fairly certain the answer will be found in our FAQ on this forum.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:07 AM Edited by ITBTD, 14 March 2011 - 03:15 AM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 13 2011, 20:59)
QUOTE (ITBTD @ Mar 13 2011, 21:28)

You're probably editing the wrong file. Make sure the image you are changing is actually in the same directory that you're playing.

If your exe is here:
CODE
C:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\gta-lc.exe

Then the image is here:
CODE
C:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\models\gta3.img

I made sure of that already... Im not sure how its possible for this to even happen....i havnt tested this on the original vice city yet though

EDIT: I just made a search on my PC and found a weird direcrory to another gta3.img last edited in may 2010 (im assuming that this is the last time it was updated upon released.)

its in this direcroty

C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\models\gta3.img

also found there is 'gta-lc-scm.txt' I'm assuming this has somthing to do with Windows 7. im going to edit that SCM and see what happens...

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:10 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 14 March 2011 - 03:24 AM.

It's not possible. If you remove a vital file from the image and the game still plays, you're not really editing the correct image file.

Although, is the read-only flag set on the gta3.img or gta3.dir files? That could make it look like you're changing the file, but it really wouldn't work.

EDIT: There's one other thing you can try. When I updated to Windows 7, the game didn't respond to changes as well if it was in the program files folder. I vaguely remember getting a bunch of user account control prompts when trying to change files and changes not sticking too. I fixed that by moving my Rockstar Games folder to the root of my C: drive.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 13 2011, 21:10)
It's not possible. If you remove a vital file from the image and the game still plays, you're not really editing the correct image file.

Although, is the read-only flag set on the gta3.img or gta3.dir files? That could make it look like you're changing the file, but it really wouldn't work.

EDIT: There's one other thing you can try. When I updated to Windows 7, the game didn't respond to changes as well if it was in the program files folder. I vaguely remember getting a bunch of user account control prompts when trying to change files and changes not sticking too. I fixed that by moving my Rockstar Games folder to the root of my C: drive.

Woah your suggestion worked! THANK YOU! smile.gif I have always hated the user account controls suicidal.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (files02116 @ Mar 13 2011, 01:00)
E: a Little height bug

Link to picture

Ahh, I wondered what happened to that text. Those message boards had to be copied over from the GTA3 exe and put in our launcher files. For a while they worked and then suddenly they didn't. Now I know that the text is just way too high on the Z axis. I'll have to let ModelingMan know if he ever fixes his computer.

@ITBTD, I'm glad to have helped. I had forgotten about that until I saw your link was pointing to the program files folder. It's a good idea to have all of the GTA games out of that folder if you're on Vista or Windows 7.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

Decided to bring back some old memories today and re-installed, living it so far but one thing I have found is that Freeways front wheel touches the ground and the main chassis of the bike with the pedestrian driver floats way above in mid-air, then if you touch it or get on the chassis suddenly falls to the ground and gets stuck, eventually blowing up, rendering them useless :S, I haven't modified any files since install of a fresh copy of VC and then the latest LC with the relevant patches.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, that's a screwup with the handling data that the launcher modifies. Try changing your gta-lc.ini file to have this in the handling section:
CODE
[CarHandling]
BOXVILLE=BELLYUP
BENSON=MRWONGS
SABRE1=DIABLOS
GANGBUR=HOODS
VOODOO=YARDIE
SPARROW=DELOFLY
DELUXO=DELODRV
HERMES=PANLANT
SPAND=COLUMB
KAUFMAN=BORGNINE
BLOODRB=YAKUZA
TOPFUN=GENLEE
OCEANIC=BLISTA
PREDATOR=RIO
RIO=PREDATOR

Or if there's a gta-lc.xml file (I'm not sure which version is in the release) change that section to this:
CODE
<CarHandling>
   <NameChange OldName="BOXVILLE" NewName="BELLYUP" />
   <NameChange OldName="BENSON" NewName="MRWONGS" />
   <NameChange OldName="SABRE1" NewName="DIABLOS" />
   <NameChange OldName="GANGBUR" NewName="HOODS" />
   <NameChange OldName="VOODOO" NewName="YARDIE" />
   <NameChange OldName="SPARROW" NewName="DELOFLY" />
   <NameChange OldName="DELUXO" NewName="DELODRV" />
   <NameChange OldName="HERMES" NewName="PANLANT" />
   <NameChange OldName="SPAND" NewName="COLUMB" />
   <NameChange OldName="KAUFMAN" NewName="BORGNINE" />
   <NameChange OldName="BLOODRB" NewName="YAKUZA" />
   <NameChange OldName="TOPFUN" NewName="GENLEE" />
   <NameChange OldName="OCEANIC" NewName="BLISTA" />
   <NameChange OldName="PHEONIX" NewName="PHOENIX" />
</CarHandling>

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

Just checked the "gta-lc.ini" already has that in the handling section, any other ideas?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Well, probably not a bug, but...

I've spotted that some credits in intro are written wrongly.

user posted image

I didn't checked rest of splashes, only this one. It's a little "bug" anyway tounge.gif

GreatGTAFan
  • GreatGTAFan

GTA Modder

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

Very minor thing with intro but it shall be fixed within no time. I get a few weird sound bugs and I used the new beta3.1 version of IIItoVC.asi and I get texture bugs? What do I do? Can I fix this from asi file?

Ayman1337
  • Ayman1337

Underground Gamer

• Members

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

There is a major texture problem with the peds and characters when on foot. The textures are the wrong way round (i.e. the front of the body is at the back and vice versa). It looks strange. Also, in many places, textures aren't loaded properly. This is in version 3.1

Bismay Das
  • Bismay Das

Casual acquaintance

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

I purchased this in a game store. This is having no missions, no Lc new thing and all I see is vice city styled stuff and no missions and some new cars and a new character who looks weird. If this is gonna be different then to me it looks more like GTA3 than Liberty city.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Bismay Das @ Thursday, Jul 21 2011, 19:04)
I purchased this in a game store. This is having no missions, no Lc new thing and all I see is vice city styled stuff and no missions and some new cars and a new character who looks weird. If this is gonna be different then to me it looks more like GTA3 than Liberty city.

You're ripped off! Seriously try to bring it back to the shop if you can or throw it to the trash if you can't. There are no purchasable GTA: Liberty City discs or so, GTA:LC is a mod made for VC, and you can download free of charge. The one you bought at the store seems to be a pirate.

Buy an actual GTA:VC game from eBay or Amazon, (or download it via Steam?), and either way download the mod, make a copy of the VC folder and install it in the copy folder.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

Help!!!! I am unable to play a Drop in the Ocean (or Sea maybe) mission of Donald Love. It always crashes right after the cutscene. I already played with debug.scm but it crashes everytime! What is the fix?

Bismay Das
  • Bismay Das

Casual acquaintance

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Thursday, Jul 21 2011, 19:13)
QUOTE (Bismay Das @ Thursday, Jul 21 2011, 19:04)

You're ripped off! Seriously try to bring it back to the shop if you can or throw it to the trash if you can't. There are no purchasable GTA: Liberty City discs or so, GTA:LC is a mod made for VC, and you can download free of charge. The one you bought at the store seems to be a pirate.

Buy an actual GTA:VC game from eBay or Amazon, (or download it via Steam?), and either way download the mod, make a copy of the VC folder and install it in the copy folder.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Ok, I followed what you said and threw the disk. If I am not wrong then this(Beta 3.1) is the latest one released and I installed it. And now works fine. This is a remake of full GTA III on VC. I like it very much.

99.99/100 icon14.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:19 PM Edited by SilentPL, 18 August 2011 - 02:21 PM.

I just wanna report that Airport Aggression mission never starts in normal mode, and it just freezes the game in debug mode. Sadly, I doubt it's fixable without starting a new game confused.gif

Also, I see that some parts of this mission are definitely unused blush.gif

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

Hi guys,

I'm using LC install beta2v6 http://lc.gtasnp.com...blicTest-v6.rar and there are quite a few problems with vehicle spawn points. On starting a new game I fall through the bridge along with the Kuruma, near Portland hospital the ambulance and cop cars are in the street. Not to mention various other vehicles littered throughout.

Is this normal? I would have a later version installed but they werent working with my ultimate stunting main.scm with those 2 car mods you guys put in. It's not a problem yet, but what do yall tihink?

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hey guys, I can't start this thing... Followed all the instructions down to the letter, but when I click on GTA-LC it just tells me to insert GTA Vice CD. On the other hand, when I click on GTA-vc.exe, it loads the menu, but crashes as soon as I click on "New Game"

Obviously, I DO have my GTA Vice CD in DVD drive, and I DO own legal copy of the game, in fact, I just ordered/got my GTA Trilogy package today, which means I have all 3 of them... Help?

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Try using an older version. There is no support here anymore. sad.gif

Check out this sweet grind I nailed a few days ago if you do get the chance. Rename it replay.rep wink.gif
https://www.yousendi...OUnEyWGMxZXNUQw

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:07 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 05 December 2011 - 02:16 AM.

Oh wow, I think I have inadvertently discovered the reason for the replay problem. If script paths are actively moving objects, replays are disabled. For those who are experts in reading the EXE, the function that controls this behavior is at 0x54E100. The reason for this kind of restriction is because replays will not save objects moving along script paths. So during All Hands on Deck, viewing a replay while on the yacht will cause the yacht to leave you behind.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:21 AM

That is an awesome find, and it makes perfect sense why Rockstar would have done that and why it's affected us as well.

If ModelingMan (or anybody else who can take his files) ever gets around to finishing things up, we can finally look at fixing that.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

I've just noticed it while messing with III native SCM source codes and SA disassembly. Apparently GTA: LC lacks 0367 opcode (START_KILL_FRENZY_HEADSHOT) - instead, you use 01F9 (START_KILL_FRENZY) all the time. As result, you can pass "Pop xxx heads" rampages without doing any headshots. As I can see, VC has bNeedHeadShot member in CDarkel too, so it's really easy to add the opcode.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

That would be nice to implement. We've always just let the player use the honor system on whether it was a headshot or not. But the authenticity wold be greatly preferred.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:44 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 07 January 2012 - 09:56 AM.

I had managed to simulate 0367 through CLEO. I have a lot of tricks that can be done through CLEO but I can't get it to run with GTA:LC.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:33 PM Edited by SilentPL, 07 January 2012 - 12:41 PM.

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Saturday, Jan 7 2012, 10:44)
I had managed to simulate 0367 through CLEO. I have a lot of tricks that can be done through CLEO but I can't get it to run with GTA:LC.

If GTA: LC already uses custom opcodes, it would be REALLY easy to implement it into the game. Adding opcodes is easy at all, ModellingMan should handle it in several minutes (ias I think that he made all GTA: LC opcodes).

I can still offer my help, as I already consider this mod as "do not play GTA III, play GTA: LC".

Edit:
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jan 7 2012, 04:41)
We've always just let the player use the honor system on whether it was a headshot or not.

Well, this issue led me to the wrong conclusion, that this flag is never used in any III-era game, as I believed in LC rampage too much tounge.gif

EddiePeugeot
  • EddiePeugeot

Eddie Peugeot's criminal adventures stories creator

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

Bug/Glitch found!

I installed GTA LC on another copy of unmodded VC, then installed a update of 06/09/2009, I edited the gta-lc.ini's DisableCulling=0, but
the texture problem appears!

Like this (found in HELP & QUESTIONS TOPIC section):

user posted image

There some problem? (My videographic is Intel)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users