Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

682 replies to this topic
Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Guys can't you read at least latest pages before your post with known problem? This childish\n00bish way of posting pisses me off!

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

In the HELP & QUESTIONS TOPIC, there's a fix for the inverted textures mentioned above.

Go to your main LC folder and open gta-lc.ini. Scroll down a bit and find the [Misc] section. In that section, there should be a line that reads:  DisableCulling=1
Simply change the 1 to a 0 and then go to File -> Save. Close the INI and then load up LC - the models should now display correctly.

That fix isn't working on my Dell E5400. Does anyone know of something else to try or where the original discussion is?

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Alt @ Dec 27 2010, 23:19)
Guys can't you read at least latest pages before your post with known problem? This childish\n00bish way of posting pisses me off!

You have no rights to attack certain posts. It's our way of knowing the answer quickly.

Anyways, that fix doesn't also work on my Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop.
What's up!

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:14 PM Edited by Alt, 29 December 2010 - 10:17 PM.

Ok, I was not right, it wasn't so easy to find as I thought and this problem should be mentioned in the first post. Anyway
QUOTE (speed racer @ Sep 25 2010, 02:34)

A common problem just copy the iiitovc.asi from beta2v7test5 and replace it with the one of beta3 or 3.1 and disable culling to 0 and I think you guys are using Intel graphics.

Better download it from here.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:51 PM Edited by Diego "DM" Mendez, 30 December 2010 - 04:06 PM.

QUOTE (Alt @ Dec 30 2010, 00:14)
Ok, I was not right, it wasn't so easy to find as I thought and this problem should be mentioned in the first post. Anyway
QUOTE (speed racer @ Sep 25 2010, 02:34)

A common problem just copy the iiitovc.asi from beta2v7test5 and replace it with the one of beta3 or 3.1 and disable culling to 0 and I think you guys are using Intel graphics.

Better download it from here.

The graphics problem is solved!
May I ask if I upload the IIItoVC.asi file and post it in a topic for Intel graphics problem?
It was tedious to download 90 MBs in 30 mins just for a file. But was worth it.

Ok, thank you for finding the solution, and thanks speed racer who has left for us the solution for this problem.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

Be aware that's a temporary solution. A lot of new features will not work with the old asi. ModelingMan will fix that when he's back.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Dec 31 2010, 01:31)
Be aware that's a temporary solution. A lot of new features will not work with the old asi. ModelingMan will fix that when he's back.

Like what?

It seems that there is some sort of value in the current asi that does this problem on Intel cards.
Maybe we need to track that value down, and play with the current asi, with some values modified for Intel graphics.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

If I had the source code, I'd share it.

EddiePeugeot
  • EddiePeugeot

Eddie Peugeot's criminal adventures stories creator

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

Smallo.net and SteaVor sites are with problem.

When I try to download the latest update do v7-test5, this link are forcing me to find another site to download this update!

That was been hacked or was been deleted?

Later!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:54 AM

The only host I have any control over is kostelecky.com. I cannot tell you the status of any other host.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

Please remember that the different versions of IIItoVC.asi all contain different feature sets and bugs. The version included with Beta3.1 is a pretty stable version of that file, so using any later version of IIItoVC.asi will probably result in frequent crashes.

Here's a link to a package containing several different versions of IIItoVC.asi, so you don't need to download several 85MB archives or chase after outdated update packages just to get hold of some 20KB files for testing purposes.

EddiePeugeot
  • EddiePeugeot

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

I don't installed the Beta2-test7 update but, I want to add a parameters to begin the game in debug mode but I forgot!

My PC manfacturer is Gateway and my video card is Intel(I added/replaced 1 to 0 in DisableCulling= on gta-lc.ini)

When I make a tour in all cities, the game crashes mysteriousy(What???). What a link to download a update of Beta2-test7(Send your reply in my account, Craig!)

Sorry for my bad english, you known, I'm brazilian and triple game fan.

EddiePeugeot
  • EddiePeugeot

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:27 PM Edited by EddiePeugeot, 07 January 2011 - 11:20 PM.

I've downloaded the Beta2-test7 update but, the culling are disabled without modification.
In gta-lc.ini, the DisableCulling= are in 0 but, in game, are f@#king up the models(Similiar of FAQ of mod).

I'm using the Intel video card in my laptop.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:11 AM Edited by Futurama_Freak1, 09 January 2011 - 07:14 AM.

QUOTE (EddiePeugeot @ Jan 8 2011, 08:27)
I've downloaded the Beta2-test7 update but, the culling are disabled without modification.
In gta-lc.ini, the DisableCulling= are in 0 but, in game, are f@#king up the models(Similiar of FAQ of mod).

I'm using the Intel video card in my laptop.

I have the same problem, all objects/cars/people are inverted.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Here's what I wrote in the FAQ in the third post of the HELP&QUESTIONS topic - please follow the instructions to see if it works for you with Beta3.1:

The first issue appears due to disabled culling that the Intel chipsets can't seem to handle properly. There's a solution for this, however the file that enables the fix is unstable and increases the frequency of random crashes considerably, so you'll need to decide whether you can live with that. We plan to ship a "proper" fix with the final version of GTA:LC. If you want to see Liberty City as it's supposed to look like and are able to tolerate the crashes, download this package, extract IIItoVC.asi-20070525-v7t3+t4+t5, rename it to IIItoVC.asi and put it into your main LC folder, overwriting the existing file.

Now go to your main LC folder and open gta-lc.ini. Scroll down a bit and find the [Misc] section. In that section, there should be a line that reads:
DisableCulling=1
Simply change the 1 to a 0 and then go to File -> Save. Close the INI and then load up LC - the models should now display correctly.

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hey i just got 1. Problem ! I can't play the first mission.. it stucks at "Luigis Girls" And yes... I installed all Updateds and Fixes

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

You're likely playing the game in debug mode. Do all of the icons for each boss show up right away and is the entire map open? If so, that means you're playing in debug mode and Give Me Liberty is skipped.

With debug mode off, the game plays almost identical to GTA3 with the exception of the engine enhancements Rockstar made for Vice City.

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Feb 21 2011, 01:17)
You're likely playing the game in debug mode. Do all of the icons for each boss show up right away and is the entire map open? If so, that means you're playing in debug mode and Give Me Liberty is skipped.

With debug mode off, the game plays almost identical to GTA3 with the exception of the engine enhancements Rockstar made for Vice City.

No, it's like in GTA III Normal. I play "Give me Liberty" first.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

I just wanted to ask, is there any way to get VC weapons in your mod without using debug mode/cheats?

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Unfortunely my last topic here has been removed, so I'll just post here:
As you may know (or not) there is already CLEO library for VC and III, I have installed it on GTA:LC as I wanted to change gang weapons without use of editing main.scm. However, it just crashed when loading my save, and the crash log seemed to say the game doesn't supports the opcodes I used. However, the script works fine on default VC.

So...right...explanation, please? I wonder why it doesn't works.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Feb 21 2011, 08:35)
I just wanted to ask, is there any way to get VC weapons in your mod without using debug mode/cheats?

Currently, if you complete the game to 100%, almost all of the VC weapons will spawn at the 3 hideouts.

Regarding CLEO, I haven't had a chance to test it with VC/LC. One of these days I will give it a try and maybe I can see what's wrong. Or maybe space will pop in and he'd have a better idea of why it wouldn't work.

@countergame, I'm not sure what your issue is then. After completing Give Me Liberty, it always started the next mission properly.

undertaker fan
  • undertaker fan

LOL

• Members

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

I had Problems with my gta lc that the whole city is missing some textures and Claude's face is
backward

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Feb 22 2011, 01:00)
QUOTE (lolleroz @ Feb 21 2011, 08:35)

Currently, if you complete the game to 100%, almost all of the VC weapons will spawn at the 3 hideouts.

Regarding CLEO, I haven't had a chance to test it with VC/LC. One of these days I will give it a try and maybe I can see what's wrong. Or maybe space will pop in and he'd have a better idea of why it wouldn't work.

@countergame, I'm not sure what your issue is then. After completing Give Me Liberty, it always started the next mission properly.

Okay, it works now everything is perfect.. But i found some glitches i dont know if you know them

If you turn the "inside camera" on and press "Q" or "E" than you will get the Vice City Graphic Style back..
His Arms are a bit bugged ^^
And please convert Claudes Walkstyle too :-) Thanks

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

I have exactly same arms bug - it's very weird cause on older version, I didn't experience it.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:35 AM

The Claude model looks different because it was redone by a completely automated process developed by ModelingMan (as was every ped/actor in the game) Most of them look as good as they did in GTA3, but some are a little off. The Claude model is one of those where the older version was better. But before ModelingMan could either improve his conversion or restore the old one, his computer crashed.

The final version will have a better looking player model. Even if we reverted to the older one.

Hotshot.
  • Hotshot.

Peaceful like river

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

I liked this mod. But why did you make a DBUG mode in game? Anyways this project is quite interesting too.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

Debug mode was made for two reasons with the primary reason being testing purposes (hence the name debug). When you code a mission, you need to play it many times and try to fail or pass it many different ways. Imagine if you had to test 3 different scenarios to Sayonara Salvatore. But each time you changed the code, you had to play through all of the Portland missions before you even got there. With debug, we just move some comments around in the code and you can begin the game right at that mission. And believe me, I think I've played Sayonara Salvatore about a thousand times over the years before I got it (mostly) right.

Also, when you've played the game as much as we have at this point, sometimes it's more fun to play it with the missions out of order or the extra features that I snuck in there.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

Can anyone help me? whenever i try to modify the gta3.img, It doesnt seem to apply the changes i make to the game.

an example would be, I tried to install the Beta police vehicles to the game. But when i go to the game, all of the police cars continue to stay the way they were before. i tried to go back to the IMG but when i do, the changes i made are still there but the game still uses the old models...

What should i do? confused.gif

Edit: Im on a 64bit version of windows 7 if that helps at all.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

Two questions: are you rebuilding the archive after modifying it? And are you sure you're changing the correct gta3.img? I have so many different GTA folders that I've updated another image and didn't catch it until the changes were not made in the game I was playing.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:06 AM Edited by ITBTD, 13 March 2011 - 03:16 AM.

I ussually just use TXD workshop for it because it rebuilds it it automatically. i have been doing that for years without any problems but because i just recently started back up, i had to use an earlier version because thats all i could find because gtatools.com isnt accessable right now. but you might be right. i'll rebuild it with imgtool and see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah the same thing is happening. I even re-replaced the models in img tool and they still arent changing. confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users