Photo

BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES

682 replies to this topic
M@rsik
  • M@rsik

Δεδ Οθυςξ

• Members

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

What about swapping the models in img, but not ID? Like installing new cars, all will work fine I think

insomniacnumba1
  • insomniacnumba1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

the traffic lights need fixing sometimes they flash amber there is no don't walk/walk
and the sequence takes too long
it should be

5 seconds walk
5 second green
1 seconds amber
5 seconds red
goto start

OR
5 seconds walk
1 seconds amber
5 seconds green
5 seconds red

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (insomniacnumba1 @ Mar 29 2007, 17:11)
the traffic lights need fixing sometimes they flash amber there is no don't walk/walk
and the sequence takes too long
it should be

5 seconds walk
5 second green
1 seconds amber
5 seconds red
goto start

OR
5 seconds walk
1 seconds amber
5 seconds green
5 seconds red

I know they flash amber when the wind picks up (hurricane weather). Don't know if that's the case here.

Alex

Elited fish
  • Elited fish

Betatest ended noo!

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

when i try to load gta LC, this mod, i click Start New Game, the loading bar loads to half to the bar and little more, and then crashes by this error:
http://img518.images...02/errorxk2.jpg
... sad.gif any ideas what to do?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

Are you running gta-lc.exe or gta-vc.exe? You should be running gta-lc.exe.

Sorry, that's about the only thing I can think of that you may be doing wrong - unless you provide some more information (which version of LC you're using, etc.) then we're not going to be able to help you.

@Alex - do they ever flash amber in GTA3? Because they should be fine given that LC now uses GTA3's weather table, right?

insomniacnumba1
  • insomniacnumba1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

no they never flash amber in GTA III its just the same sequence
and the part of the traffic light with the walk/don't walk is completley blank

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Mar 29 2007, 23:18)
Are you running gta-lc.exe or gta-vc.exe?  You should be running gta-lc.exe.

Sorry, that's about the only thing I can think of that you may be doing wrong - unless you provide some more information (which version of LC you're using, etc.) then we're not going to be able to help you.

@Alex - do they ever flash amber in GTA3?  Because they should be fine given that LC now uses GTA3's weather table, right?

I was talking about Vice only. If you have a weather.cfg that doesn't have the stormy weather in its weather table, it will not occur, unless you have set-up winds in the new vc:weather to be above 1.2 or something like that for any of the other weather state. But I am pretty sure that that's not the case. Anyway, if you ever come across amber flashing traffic lights, take note of the weather and especially the wind strength. smile.gif

Alex

Elited fish
  • Elited fish

Betatest ended noo!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:23 PM

yes im using gta-lc.exe, version 1.1 of my original gta 3..ill try with v1.0

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Elited fish @ Mar 31 2007, 07:23)

Was that a typo, or are you trying to install LC onto GTA3? Because LC should work on all EXE versions of VC - it's a VC mod - it won't work on GTA3 at all wink.gif .

Deathboy
  • Deathboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:01 PM

Whenever I play, for some reason alot of the textures don't load and but then when i'm close to them they load for a split second and then just disappear.
user posted image

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

Hmmm, weird. Do you think it's possibly an issue with your graphics card?

The only other thing I can think of is that you may be using an older version of LC, where the IMG wasn't ordered "correctly" (by that I mean it wasn't ordered for the most efficient loading of the environment). Which version of LC are you using?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:09 AM

Some graphics cards can't handle LC for some reason (like mine). Poor graphics cards will have errors like this (second picture) and this.

Deathboy
  • Deathboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:49 AM

I'm using v7 test but for some other reason it runs great on v6. I don't think it's my graphics card because it's good enough for me to get by playing SA. Although I am thinking of getting a Geforce FX 5200 because occasionally I might drive around the city and get out of shape textures.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:45 AM

It should be graphics card problem. My graphics card can run SA well and I have this problem. The reason that happens is because someone tried to disable the one-sided problem in this game. That's the difference between v6 and v7. Delete IIItoVC.asi and the game would look normal but the game would crash more often.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:28 AM

It sounds as though certain graphics hardware configurations throw tantrums when you disable back-face culling. What graphics cards are you two using? I'm not sure if it will help with fixing the issue at all, but we could at least note the particular graphics card models which have problems so people would be aware before installing LC.

I'll ask MM if it would be possible to split the functions of that ASI file up - as in, have one ASI file that ONLY disables backface culling, and another to do all the other functions. That way, anyone with this problem should be able to remove the first ASI, effectively re-enabling the backface cull, but without affecting the amount of times LC will crash, right?

Elited fish
  • Elited fish

Betatest ended noo!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Mar 31 2007, 00:10)
QUOTE (Elited fish @ Mar 31 2007, 07:23)

Was that a typo, or are you trying to install LC onto GTA3? Because LC should work on all EXE versions of VC - it's a VC mod - it won't work on GTA3 at all wink.gif .

im not trying to install to gta3, i installed to gta vice city folder.. i got no-cd for vice city and i got original gta vc so i didnt download from warez

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your posts but did you try using the original executable that came with GTA Vice City?

Elited fish
  • Elited fish

Betatest ended noo!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

i didnt try, i am launching with gta-lc.exe

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:07 PM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 01 April 2007 - 03:10 PM.

Apparently No-CD cracks can be used with the mod (they weren't always - so understand my confusion) so I don't think that's your problem.

For the record, when I told you to use the original executable I ment to replace the Vice City No-CD crack with the gta-vc.exe that came with the game. Of course you'd still use the gta-lc.exe launcher to play the mod.

If you have all the CDs I say you should try reinstalling Vice City and don't change anything; don't use a No-CD crack. Then reinstall the Liberty City mod.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:20 PM

The attempt to fix Dodo's sounds has gone very very bad. RC car has Dodo's sound, while Yardie Lobo has that of RC baron. It would be best to change everything to the way it was before.

Deathboy
  • Deathboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Apr 1 2007, 06:28)
It sounds as though certain graphics hardware configurations throw tantrums when you disable back-face culling.  What graphics cards are you two using?  I'm not sure if it will help with fixing the issue at all, but we could at least note the particular graphics card models which have problems so people would be aware before installing LC.

I'll ask MM if it would be possible to split the functions of that ASI file up - as in, have one ASI file that ONLY disables backface culling, and another to do all the other functions.  That way, anyone with this problem should be able to remove the first ASI, effectively re-enabling the backface cull, but without affecting the amount of times LC will crash, right?

I'm using an Intel 82845G(I never really felt like getting a new card until I needed it)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Apr 2 2007, 01:20)
The attempt to fix Dodo's sounds has gone very very bad. RC car has Dodo's sound, while Yardie Lobo has that of RC baron. It would be best to change everything to the way it was before.

The Yardie Lobo must share the Oceanic's sound class. I'll fix that up now and send it off to Craig later today wink.gif .

@Deathboy - Rightio, thanks. I haven't heard back from MM yet, but hopefully he can split that ASI up so that we'd have some sort of effective workaround available for people.

@space - what graphics card do you have?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:08 AM

Intel 82845G 64 MB
Hey, we have the same graphics card. Is your manufacturer HP?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:02 AM

Thanks. At least we know there's definitely an issue with that card. Now it'd be good to figure out if there's an issue with Intel cards in general, or 64MB cards in general, or if it's just that card. I'll make a note of that and put it in the readme if necessary (I'll wait for MM's reply before I work out what to do exactly).

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:51 AM

It won't affect all 64MB cards, this information only denotes the GPU's RAM capability and has nothing to do with graphical errors. (There are also many graphics cards with 64 MB RAM manufactured by Nvidia or ATI (now AMD) that don't have a problem at all.)
I would rather say that the problematic cards are onboard (!) graphics cards that are part of an Intel chipset. I have no idea whether the 845G/GL/GV (these chipsets are using the flawed graphics controller) are the only ones that could produce these errors, but I'm absolutely sure it's brand-specific. AMD and Nvidia also had problems at first with somme cards (hence the VC 1.1 patch), but thanks to their monthly dirver updates this is fixed for every card that they manafuctered (you already mentioned this accurately in the modding guide)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that smile.gif .

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

This isn't anything big,probably fixed already,but,meh,w/e.I'm getting VC soon,and Installing LC right when it gets in my comp,but the main menu shows VC pink letters,can it be "reyellowed"?
btw I like those LC sigs

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:34 PM

If you installed the mod correctly (and are running the gta-lc.exe file) then the letters are changed.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

OK,I downloaded Beta2 v6 and I installed the first thing (copied the VC folder and renamed it GTA LC) then ran the installation,all goes smooth,then I paste audext.dpr and audext.exe in the audio folder,and when I run it inside the folder,a black window appears,and a second later it sends me an error message,ok,thats the first problem,the same with the audip,or w/e it is after installing SFX,and when I play,there is no radio nor CS sounds

(did the same with audioLC folder,and the same results)

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

Untick the 'read-only' checkbox in the properties of sfx.raw and sfx.sdt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users