LOST... never again

825 replies to this topic
Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ May 11 2008, 15:27)
Lost is pretty effing crazy. I am just glad that this season is ending the night before my father and I head over to Italy.

Just think, if Locke is able to move the Island, how is Jack suppose to get to it in the future after he grows the crazy beard?

He probably can't, and that's why he's going crazy because he can't go back.

@Doom - I'm pretty sure some of them get off the island, all those flashforwards couldn't have been dreams

Can't wait till #12, looks awesome.

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

why,why do my favourite characters always dies cryani.gif
since charlie is gone i'm not having the fun that i used to have sad.gif

Fluffhead
  • Fluffhead

Duke of Lizards

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:19 AM

Hell yeah 40 mins to new episode! !~@@## cool.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:47 AM Edited by Otter, 16 May 2008 - 05:58 AM.

WHY DO I READ SPOILERS?!?!?!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????????????

I'll be back later, after my sorry-west-coast ass has seen the show.

LOL, Ok, so I took james too literally.

So...wow. WTF. Nothing really incredible, but next week is going to blow our tits off.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

The questions that I want answered next week or future seasons.

Is Jin dead or not? The way Sun looked when she was asked if he was one of the ones who died on the island. It was as if she was hesitating. So the question is was that because she wants to say her husband is alive or because he died some other way, while not on the island. (Like a large ship full of C4?).

Why did Sun by her father's company out from under him? What is her plan?

How will Ben get away from the black-ops team?

What will happen with the freighter and the C4 explosives?

I also liked the in-show reveal when Jack finds out that Claire is his sister.

RoAcHcliP
  • RoAcHcliP

bong system

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

how many do we have left this season? Two?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:58 AM

One, but it's a two-hour one.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ May 17 2008, 01:54)
Is Jin dead or not?.

I would say, yes he is. She seemed very emotional when talking to her dad, blaming him for his death. If he was alive, I don't think she would be punishing her dad like that.

I think she definitely thinks he is dead, but of course that doesn't confirm that he is.

harringtonpotter
  • harringtonpotter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

Can't wait for s04e12 - will there be any major deaths?

Jin maybe?

Also - this is why the Lost title sequence is so crappy...

Scotty/chino
  • Scotty/chino

The Hatch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:04 PM Edited by Scotty/chino, 27 May 2009 - 03:14 AM.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:23 AM Edited by Digtl vl, 30 May 2008 - 06:01 AM.

Man. My head is spinning with some sh*t.

Best part of this episode so far (mind you, I am only halfway through right now) has to be when

Ben just up and kills the commando guy by stabbing him in the neck over and over again after he had just explained about the heart monitor detonator. Then when John goes, "You just killed everyone on that boat!" and Ben's replies, "So."

Man. Seriously cold hearted and just plain evil.

Edit: Oh sh*t. Not really one, but while I was typing this, another scene I liked was

The bomb was about to go off and Christian Shepard appears. Michael is like, "Who are you?" and he simply replies, "Michael, it is ok. You can go now." And then BOOM. Talk about using and abusing man. Used Michael and then just went and killed him.

Funny sh*t man.

Great episode so far. although I really hope that

Jin isn't dead.

Seriously, warning to those who haven't seen it. Don't look at my spoilers.

EDit: BOOM. Great ending... I bet you that when they take locke back to the island, he will come back to life somehow

Seriously fools, don't read my spoilers if you haven't seen it.

outcest
  • outcest

you made me realize

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:52 AM

i was satisfied.

space channel is broadcasting every episode starting with season 1 in the fall. I might just watch it for nostalgia's sake.

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

Holy sh*t that was awesome!!!!

I'm so happy for Desmond! I thought he might die, but when I saw Penny on the boat I was like WOOOT!

f*cking bizarre ending as well, I like how they finished a few hours after the Season 3 finale flashback. I did NOT see Locke being in that coffin, that asks sooo many more questions!

Oh, and R.I.P Jin & Michael

Bring on Season 5!

RoAcHcliP
  • RoAcHcliP

bong system

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ May 30 2008, 05:23)

The bomb was about to go off and Christian Shepard appears. Michael is like, "Who are you?" and he simply replies, "Michael, it is ok. You can go now." And then BOOM. Talk about using and abusing man. Used Michael and then just went and killed him.

I think he said "you can go now" because the whole motivation for Michael being on that boat was so he could die; the island was preventing him from doing so. I guess since Christian Shepard is some advocate of the island he was telling Michael he could die in peace now

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:05 PM Edited by meta187, 03 June 2008 - 05:38 PM.

Yea, I was definitely feeling the finale.

This season seems over just as it's getting good, shortened somehow.

I really did enjoy the full circle bit with Jack and Kate's exchange from the 1st episode, extending in the final bit. (purposely vague)

John said, "a lot of bad things happened" after they left, which makes you feel pretty concerned for those who remained, knowing just how bad every day life is on the island (i.e. Fog Monsters, mass genocides, misleading hallucinations), I'm picturing something pretty dark, upon the groups return. Seeing how they actually get back is enough to interest me.

Also Sun's motivation for aligning herself with Charles Widmore seems to be aimed at Ben, I imagine, as it was his careless act of revenge that brought about Jin's death. Which was sad, I kept hoping he would just jump off the deck and swim for it, rather than just standing there screaming for the heli, which was obviously high tailing it out of there.

I did like the whole Penny/Desmond reunion bit, after so much doom and gloom, it was a bit of a relief.

I suppose the biggest questions left in the story are based around the time line and travel concept and how it all works into the storyline's over all continuity. The other big bit for me personally is how people have come back over and over again after their death's, like that Wishmaster dude who blew up the underwater base and killed Charlie, it's one thing if the island effects the probability fields around you from preventing your death but another if it simply makes you immortal. Which would go back to Ben's comment to Widmore about how he "couldn't" kill him, when he sneaked into his bedroom to let him know that he would be killing Penny.

Rounding it out would be the entity known only as Jacob and those most closely connected to him, Christian Shepard, John, Claire and Matthew Abaddon (Lance Reddick, who is f*cking excellent in The Wire). That part's probably still the least explained or exposed bit in the whole fortune cookie.

Aces all around this season, only a bit of filler here and there and even that served to enhance character profiles and plot lines, so I'm chomping at the bit till next go round.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ May 30 2008, 15:23)
EDit: BOOM. Great ending... I bet you that when they take locke back to the island, he will come back to life somehow

Indeed. They can't kill off Locke. They just can't do it.

I originally thought it was going to be Ben in the coffin. But then after awhile I was all ho sh*t it's gonna be Locke.

Can't wait for next season.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

Here is my thoughts for coming seasons:

Note: These are just some detailed thoughts one of a few theories I have about coming seasons. Yes, I'm that much of a Lost geek I guess.

The new seasons will be based in the present. Or as close to the present it actually is right now (I actually think they are going to be in the end of 2007 finally, maybe 2008).

The story line will likely focus on the present with new flashbacks. The main difference with these flash backs is they won't be all placed in the way past, but rather as flash backs for what else has happened on and off the island during the three years since they left.

I believe that when Ben "moved" the island, he moved them forward in time 10 months (from December 24th 2004 to October 24th 2005). "Why only 10 months?" you may ask. I believe it is likely because of the dial. Turning it from the place that Ben grabbed all the way into the rock face would technically only turn the dial just short of a full half turn. Considering 1 half turn as a whole year, just short of a complete one would be 10 out of 12 months.

Ben gets expelled from the island, likely an effect of turning the dial and ended up in the future (the episode where he was in Tunisia). If you noticed, Ben had the arm wound and was wearing the exact same jacket with the Orchard Dharma Logo that he was in his "flash forward" where he ended up there. And if you remember, when he arrived there, the date that the lady at the hotel stated was October 24th, 2005. Ben actually reaffirms the year with her.

Flashbacks during the year skipped by the island (end of 2004 - end of 2005) has already been focused on some in this current season. This current season was peppered with early flash forwards and late flash forwards. Some examples are Ben's arrival in Tunisia, Sayid's recruitment by Ben, as well as some of the few Oceanic 6 episodes were about. The season seemed to end more then 3 years later in the future.

I want to note that off the island, an extra year has passed for the oceanic six then for those on the island.

Since the 6 have left, things on the island haven't been the same. There is a reason everyone was there and now the island is not in balance or something. I really want to know what the things were that Locke said happened since they left. Anyways, I think as leader, things were not working out as planned and likely the others are now at war with the crash victims (as Sawyer will now be leading) - either that or a new evil force is on the island killing both others and oceanic alike. Something is likely very wrong with Jacob (why he has Christian, Jacks father, doing things for him) and Locke becomes convinced that the only way to restore peace on the island is to get everyone to come back. This is why Locke goes off the island to ask them to come back.

Kate doesn't want to go back because Claire has been warning her to not go back with Aaron. Hurley doesn't want to go back because of Charlie and the entire relation to being bad luck (although he will begin to notice that when he was on the island, he mainly had good luck, and will eventually be swayed, perhaps by Charlie himself, to head back). Jack is desperate to get back so he will work for Ben to trick and likely force the others to come back to the island. Sun is working for Widmore because she wants to get back to the island because she believes that Jin is still alive and she doesn't trust Ben. She has good reason to as well.

I think that when Locke came back to the Oceanic 6 in the present, he got in contact with Ben as well. Ben, the manipulative bastard he is, gets Locke to put trust in him and Locke reveals a way to get back to the island (but only with the oceanic 6 plus Locke). Ben, overcome with this revelation and the reveal that he isn't invited back himself, ends up eventually (maybe in later episodes) killing Locke. He then formulates the plan to convince Jack to help him force the other Oceanic 6 to come back to the island. Sun, who is now in a partnership with Widmore, acts as a double agent against Ben, while convincing him she will go back to the island to meet with Jin. She has mixed motives here. Since Ben knew that they couldn't get back without Locke (or his body at least), he convinced Jack and people that they must take him back as well, as per Locke's "instructions". He hopes that by doing this, he can pass unnoticed and get back to the island with them.

This final part is a long shot, but I think that this is an idea for a big reveal later in the seasons. Ben had taken control of Jacob when he was on the island. Ben would only go to check on Jacob when the others began to ask questions so he obviously didn't want to visit there often. Also, if you remember, a giant circle of some sort of sand was placed around the cabin. I believe this was to keep the cabin in one place so Ben would know where it was. When Locke came along, Ben had control over Jacob and only played out the part of Jacob being in control for Locke because he was convinced that Locke couldn't see him. When he found out that Locke could, then he new he was in trouble of losing his place in power. So he tried to kill Locke. When he learned that Locke survived and later that Jacob's cabin was on moving around again (because Christian, freed Jacob. This is why he now acts as representative for the island), Ben knew he was in trouble with Jacob. This explains why when they find the cabin, Ben refuses to go inside. When Locke tells him that he has to move the island, he knows that Jacob is telling him that to regain his (Jacob's) favor he must save the island. But, like Ben is. He still considers the island "his" and so he will try to do anything to get it back. He knows that one can only get to the island by fate (or careful searching) and so part of his plan was to try to get a few of the "Lost" off the island so he could use them as a way to get back. He ended up with the 6. During his time off the island, he recruits Sayid to slowly take out Widmore's influential men in the corporation (possible owners/candles of the Dharma Initiative?) to protect the island from invasion.

Eventually his plan starts to unfold and the final season will be against Ben and the lost survivors on the island. Back to it's true roots of "The Others" vs. "The survivors". Full circle but with so many new differences. Imagine the sh*t they could do with the smoke monster now!

Long ass post, with a sh*tload of information and spoilers. But I am submitting that somewhere, so it works for me. Just wanted to give you guys a bunch of stuff to either hope for, or hate. I don't care, I think it would make an interesting story. How f*cking crazy luck would it be if that is how it works out.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Jun 6 2008, 07:42)

Long ass post, with a sh*tload of information and spoilers.

But pretty well measured and thought out, nothing in it seemed unfeasible or out of step with what we've seen thus far.

Good Post.

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, nice one Digital, all made sense to me. icon14.gif

According to press releases etc:

Desmond and Penny will make a reappearance as they are still very much part of the storyline.

We'll also see Rousseau's backstory biggrin.gif

Nixon
  • Nixon

Tricky Dicky

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:41 PM Edited by Nixon, 07 June 2008 - 01:42 AM.

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Jun 6 2008, 08:42)
Awesome post

You sir, have made more sense to me than anyone else that has tried to explain their theories to me about the show including all those f*cks over at those Lost forums.

I'm going to read that again. icon14.gif

Edit: The majority of what you say makes so much sense. Time will tell.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

Digi, that was a insanely awesome post. All I have to really say is,

The island f*cking disappeared within' our own eyes! What a trip!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

My random theory on Jacob is He takes the form of people who died off the island, but for some reason are brought there. So, I would expect Locke to 'become' Jacob when he is taken back to the island, as it seems likely he died off the island.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:40 AM

Thanks for the read guys. I'm surprised you read all of that. I know my theory doesn't cover everything that needs to be addressed but that leaves other possibilities for side stories and reveals. Including the entire thing with Widmore and the island. I honestly believe he is connected to the Dharma initiative in some important way.

Also, I feel that this coming season, we will not only have stories similar to what I addressed, but the writers will also include some stories which help to reveal more information about the island's mysterious properties, some more on the and some peoples origins. Including how and why Rousseau's team of scientists were stranded on the island.

Any way that things go though, I am excited to watch.

Oh, the main reason I am considering Ben as a bad guy is because of his overall nature. While this season has definitely led to people beginning to like and humanize Ben. He still has moments where it is obvious he continues to have some underlying level of evil and some sort of plan in place. He killed all those on the Carrier without any care for the outcome, he openly stated he would kill Penny (an innocent pawn in the game between him and Widmore), and other stuff.

I can definitely see Ben seeming like a good guy for a while with the Oceanic 6 and then being revealed for the true evil character he is. It would add a new level to the whole show I think. The twisted division between good and evil as you start to humanize and understand the mind of a person such as Ben.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:55 AM

Well I like how a lot of the people have been made to be more complicated and conflicted this season.

Ben seems a bit more human and accessible nowadays, though certainly craven and flawed.

Jack is worse for wear, hardly the noble hero we initially made him out to be, prideful, desperate and stubborn.

Sawyer, the biggest con artist in the crew, now makes the largest sacrifices.

Sun, so sweet and innocent is now coldly taking over her father's assets and making deals with the devil.

Sayid, a man always in control, now seems as helpless as a puppy dog, more than willing to take direction from anyone with answers.

Hurley, Mr. Happy Go Lucky, nothing bothers me for long, is now a bit mental.

Claire, so maternal and concerned now suddenly leaves her baby without a care?

Locke...well Locke is still Locke. tounge.gif

It's very cool how the writers have turned around every conventional perception from the outset of season two, making us question everyone's motives and character.

(I tried to keep things vague enough that spoiler tags wouldn't be necessary)

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:27 AM

I completely agree with you meta. Loved the descriptions you used.

I especially like how Sawyer has been acting lately. I actually expressed disappointment if he had been on the the few to die in the finale.

I also want to add that the one thing I always loved about Locke was while he was almost one of the most faulted characters, he also was at times the wisest. He really is a bouncing character though, making you both love and hate him in the series depending on what he is doing. It allows Locke to change so much as a character yet still fall within the label of "Well, he is Locke".

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:51 AM

If you watch Season 1 to right now, you wouldn't expect not sh*t except a plane crashed on a island and people surviving, eh? Shows you how much the writers turned this around. I still remember whenever Mr. Eko was walking around supportin' the big club, I hope he makes a return in the mere future, he was my favorite character in the show.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

This was lost in the pages of this forum but I wanted to bump it since it seems any topics made about the new season get locked (or am I missing some other official lost topic?).

Anyways, who watched the premiere today? What you guys think?

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Overall pretty cool but here are a few problems I had with it:

Neal was such an obvious redshirt that it kind of broke my interest with the show, I saw him complaining about stuff and I knew he was only there to get blown up or something. Then they pulled off the most cliche line ever, where he says something like "we don't have any fire" when he gets hit by a burning arrow. What a shock! Then like half the the people on the island get mowed down by flaming arrows, but somehow there will probably still be 40 something survivors left.

Plus, because I'm such a continuity whore: What happened to all those deck hands and stuff on the freighter? It seems a little too convenient to say that they all blew up since they seemed to be getting off the boat. And where the hell are the tail sectioners? .

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

So this is still the official topic after all this time? Wow I don't think I've been on GTAF since....last season of Lost. What a crazy random happenstance!

Anyways I updated the first post a little bit, but enough about that onto discussing the premiere!

@Tequeli: I knew Frogurt was a redshirt plant but I didn't mind him, though I admit the "Fire" bit was a cliche as it gets, still made me chuckle.

And what makes you think that IF any of the freighter people both lived, and were within the radius of the island to 'stay' with it, that we won't find out about any of the important ones in a later episode. Like I don't know...Jin perhaps?

By tail sectioners do you mean all the characters we were introduced to in Season 2? Because out of them I think the only one that might still be living is the flight attendant that became one of the Others.

I thought the premiere was great and I'm excited to see what happens next. How didn't love Hugo's hot pocket throwing action?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

What a return to form!

I found the 'we don't have any fire' line a liiiiittle too easy, but after the fact. Come on, man. You're telling me that as soon as he said that, you expected to see a burning arrow pierce his chest? tounge.gif You can't be serious.

The folks who were on the freighter may still be alive. We know Jin is coming back this season, as a main character. This could be time-travel or flashbacks, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of that boat.

As for the tail-sectioners - most of them had already died / been assimilated into the others. However, Bernard's still around.

So now we have to wait and see how well they can tell a time traveling story. Because it falls into the spiritual-science-fantasy realm, I have a feeling it'll at least be palatable.

I think the 'getting back to the island' plotline is already boring. I hope it either wraps up soon, or gets interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users