LOST... never again

825 replies to this topic
Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

user posted image

Currently in it's sixth and final season, LOST is about a group of islands that were on a people that crashed onto a mysterious plane...wait that's not right.

When discussing recent episodes or spoilers please use the SPOILER tags around you post, like so:
CODE
[spoiler]Vincent is a girl dog[/spoiler]

Vincent is a girl dog

monkeyman237
  • monkeyman237

• Members

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:08 AM

New Lost topic! wow.gif

Anyway, the second episode for the Brits is coming on this Sunday, along with 24. Cool. cool.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

I found their 'London' very interesting. With the red phone booth's basically everywhere biggrin.gif But I think one of the best flashbacks.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

To be fair half of Kuiosikle's statement is right, there are at least 2 islands.

I agree with Knife, it played along to the typical stereotype of London, even saw one of the old Police officers in the background.

Seemed as though the flashback was most of the episode, I'm not complaining, it was a great flashback but seemed to overshadow the rest of the episodes plot.

I saw this preview of next weeks episode, looking forward to it but something tells me it's going to add at least 4 new mysteries to make up for it.

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:58 PM

Cool, new LOST topic.
I need to see the last episode. I missed it because of a footy match.

I'm off to watch it on the internet. cool.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:07 PM

I thought it was the best flashback. Usually I couldn't care less when we see what someone did some when and that's why they are pulling a funny face when someone says something. This was good because it almost felt like it was on the island.

Greene
  • Greene

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

It's only shown up as far as the episode where Kate, Sawyer and Alex escape Alcatraz over here. It was a good episode and in usual Lost fashion, it created more questions than it answered.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:14 AM

Luckily the next episode seems to show the answers for a few of the main plotlines, i've heard that it's the last episode showing alcatrez, so we find the answers to the other survivors and such, which should be very good

I like the new desmond, my mate seems to disagree thinking that lost is trying to catch up on the new heroes crowd, but i really like it. I wonder when the next near-death experience happens for charlie and when he's actually going to die, or will they somehow change that?

mykellhorror
  • mykellhorror

Hi. I'm Michael.

• Members

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:39 AM Edited by papanesta, 19 February 2007 - 05:28 PM.

Anybody else think the messages in the Clockwork Orange scene (when they're rescuing girl's boyfriend) are important to the meaning of the series?

"Plant a good seed and you will joyfully gather fruit "
"Everything Changes"
"We are the causes of our own suffering"
"God loves you as he loved Jacob"
"Think about... YOUR LIFE"

Think about the name John Locke; John Locke was a philospher who studied the relationship of knowledge and belief.

It seems as though Juliette was brought to the island because of her research in 'creating mothers'

Do you recall how Charlie saw his own mother and claire in his vision? All biblical?

There's a very strong focus on women (mothers) as being biblically valuable.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

Was Charlie supposed to die when Ethan hung him?

Has the Island/Fate been trying to kill him since?

Either way, The look on his mush when Desmond told him was priceless.

Kanney
  • Kanney

4-8-15-16-23-42

• Members

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Feb 19 2007, 16:02)
Was Charlie supposed to die when Ethan hung him?

Has the Island/Fate been trying to kill him since?

Either way, The look on his mush when Desmond told him was priceless.

I was trying to figure that out too MMMS. Ethan hung him, but survived. He just got out of the hatch in time, survived. Got his ass kicked by Locke, survived.
Yay tho new episode is gonna be the sh it. Three mysteries. Cindy/Kids/Tattoos.
Meh about the tatoos tho.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

It's quite strange really, we've had a bit of a break from the series and now we're back with it, and it's got me think over a few things. First off we all know there are polar bears on the island, which in itself is wierd, but this got me thinking over the cliffhanger from Series 2, where Penny's Portugese guys were checking for any signs of EM activity... in a very snowy area like the Antartic or something like that, now if people have assumed that the island is between Australia and Hawaii, that makes it somewhere between the Tropic of Capricorn and the equator or there abouts, although the Pilot said before he was humped by the smog-monster that they were hundreds of miles off course (note: not thousands)... I stoke my chin to think why the Portugese folk were in an icy-area... that with the polar bears (which are northern hemisphere) I double stroke my chin

As for the current events, this is where it might get confusing, temporal science does, if desmond can see the future and tell that he's trying to stop Charlie from getting killed, how far into the future does his seeing go to able to tell that he's trying to do that and not do something else and that Charlie is not who he is there trying to protect, becuase is he only saying that after what the woman said to him about the man in the red shoes and if so how he can trust the word of the woman, and trust that she knows that far into the future to be able to tell Desmond that he won't achieve anything and that his greatest achievement was pressing that button for long, or is she saying these things to inspire Desmond to prove her wrong or to achieve what is supposed to happen and that pressing the button was in fact small fry compared to what he's actually going to achieve.

If that didn't make sense, I don't blame you I got confused writing it.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:05 PM Edited by grandthefter, 21 February 2007 - 10:07 PM.

sorta makes sense, but whenever time travel is involved things always get confusing. I think desmond might die this season, i doubt charlie will cos its too obvious now, but if desmond dies that could change thing. and i dont think they'd want a pyschic dude on lost for too long, so my bets on desmond dying.

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:52 AM

Last week's show was DIRE. Absolute dire. One of the worst of the show and the worst of this season. The flashback told us NOTHING. Just a basic tidbit on how Jack got his tattoos. On island was fine but nothing exciting, just a dribble of information.

I found a theory on 4815162342, can't find it now. But it makes PERFECT sense:

When the hatch exploded all those inside; Charlie, Eko, Locke and Desmond were all meant to die. From what we saw in Desmond's episode the universe is in a perfect ballance, those who died were meant to die eventually die. They have to. The same is on the LOST island. Eko is dead and Charlie, Desmond and Locke will be next

To add on from this I think: The Island saved the four in the hatch. Have no idea why but it did. Because of how Charlie is the island gave Desmond the ability to see the future (like it gave Locke his legs back) so he can babysit him. The island sent Locke a message in the way of a death, Eko's. In a way you could say it was a sacrifice it demanded. But Locke got the message wrong, he proclaimed "We're next" where as Eko said "You're next", as in Locke.

No Escape?
  • No Escape?

Skaficionado

• Members

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:05 AM

This week's was alright. One of those episodes that barely inches the overall plot forwards in exchange for a heartwarming character subplot ...seem to be a lot of those recently.

But it was fine. Near the end I thought I was watching a stoner flick.

monkeyman237
  • monkeyman237

• Members

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

In the episode last night was it just me or did it look as if Charlie had already bailed out of the car? I thought it was the end of Hurley but them the radio appeared back on and Charlie was back. Quite random the way the chicken place got hit by an asteroid though.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (monkeyman237 @ Mar 5 2007, 22:28)
In the episode last night was it just me or did it look as if Charlie had already bailed out of the car? I thought it was the end of Hurley but them the radio appeared back on and Charlie was back. Quite random the way the chicken place got hit by an asteroid though.

i lol'd, heard about it before in an earlier episode anyway. Good to see it make a comeback

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:16 AM

Someone do me a favour and tell me the names of the episodes that were aired in the UK the last 2 weeks please.

Sadly I was busy and unable to watch. Thanks.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Mar 7 2007, 10:16)
Someone do me a favour and tell me the names of the episodes that were aired in the UK the last 2 weeks please.

Sadly I was busy and unable to watch. Thanks.

The UK is currently 1 week behind, so use IMDB.com to check the air dates, it's your friend....
...or Lost.S03E08.HDTV.XviD-XOR.avi or Lost.S03E07.HDTV.XviD-XOR.avi rolleyes.gif

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (No Escape? @ Mar 1 2007, 02:05)
This week's was alright. One of those episodes that barely inches the overall plot forwards in exchange for a heartwarming character subplot ...seem to be a lot of those recently.

But it was fine. Near the end I thought I was watching a stoner flick.

Kind of how I felt. Last weeks episode was a "filler" episode of sorts. Granted it was funny at times, and weird, it didn't progress the storyline.

The chicken place thing was unexpected, and Roger "Workman" was lol.

user posted image

Poor Roger...

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:42 AM

I wouldn't say it wasn't a plotliner of an episode because Sawyer did find a map of the island which did have a proposed road map in the back of the Hippy-mobile... but it was a map of the island, a Darhma map of the island so it would be much better than Danielle's rough map

Kanney
  • Kanney

4-8-15-16-23-42

• Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

Great episode there, the preview looks really creepy... The fence... But why kill Ms Klugh, she was good creepy.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

loved that episode, seems to be getting back into the good old lost spirit again
So, a map to the bunkers? The village we saw in ep 1 i'm guessing, sounds good. They cant go there just themselves though can they? Surely they'll need to go back to camp to get some help. Also, how many stations have we seen now? The flame, swan, pearl, arrow, medical and the one they held jack in - that leaves one more doesn't it? cos the pearl was the question mark in the middle, with the 6 around it right?

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:38 PM

Looking forward to next wednesday's Claire Episode, fellows?

I hope it won't turn into a 80% flashback episode tho...

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:26 AM

Tonight's Lost was good. I actually have an emotional attachment to Claire now as a character. I SAID I NOW HAVE AN EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT TO A CHARACTER. Are you listening 24 writers?

RoAcHcliP
  • RoAcHcliP

bong system

• Members

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:53 PM

holy crap what an ending! Hope they pick things up right away next week

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

The promos look ... very very outstanding. Can't wait!

By the damn way:

Best Video surrounding Lost:

http://www.collegehu...m/video:1703089 Watch it!

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

I got home late last night and missed the episode involveing John Locke and how he became paralyzed,

Anyone want to fill me in on what I missed?

Kinda pissed I missed it. angry.gif

(feel free to use spoiler tags if you wish.)

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

His dad kicked him out of an 8-story building. He's also presumably the Man from Tallahassee... why? Because the damn buster turns up on the Island! With the words: "There is a box, a large box and whatever you imagined, whatever you wanted to be in it, when you opened it, there would it be!"

Also: Locke blew up the submarine n sh*t

blabla... why don't you look here: The Man from Tallahassee @LostPedia.com

I love that site, has everything on lLOST and more...

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

awesomeish, caught me up nicely vALK- thanks. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users