Photo

[Official] PPT 3

631 replies to this topic
Rocky Monroe
  • Rocky Monroe

Dead, jail or rock n' roll!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

I recently got lot 12 on illres and I just wanted to show you guys that I am actually capable of modeling, because no one of you know me.

This is not my best stuff ever but I think it will turn out all right, and it gives a good idea of what I want to do with the lot.
And maybe the surrounding lots too, if I have the time to do it.
And I will of course spice the lot up later with some palm trees, pools and all kinds of tropical stuff.

user posted image

user posted image

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

Cool building dude.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Rocky Monroe @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 00:05)
I recently got lot 12 on illres and I just wanted to show you guys that I am actually capable of modeling, because no one of you know me.

This is not my best stuff ever but I think it will turn out all right, and it gives a good idea of what I want to do with the lot.
And maybe the surrounding lots too, if I have the time to do it.
And I will of course spice the lot up later with some palm trees, pools and all kinds of tropical stuff.

user posted image

user posted image

thats looking nice and clean, keep in mind people need a place to park their cars so creating some parking spots and some nice tree layout will fill it up really nicely.

Rocky Monroe
  • Rocky Monroe

Dead, jail or rock n' roll!

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

Just wanted to show some progress to the guys who don't frequent the IRC channel.
user posted image
user posted image

It's not that impressive, because it still needs additional details and of course textures. But it's getting there, I think.
I hope this will encourage new people to step up and help out on this mod so it won't die. smile.gif

Oh, BTW, it's supposed to be an underground carpark.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

nice work Rocky, looking forwards to seeing your work with textures smile.gif

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

Rocky wow cool screens, just having saw those screens i've thought it's office or a flat. But underground's cool too.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Rocky Monroe @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 16:24)
Just wanted to show some progress to the guys who don't frequent the IRC channel.
user posted image
user posted image

It's not that impressive, because it still needs additional details and of course textures. But it's getting there, I think.
I hope this will encourage new people to step up and help out on this mod so it won't die. smile.gif

Oh, BTW, it's supposed to be an underground carpark.

From a realistic point of view i dont think those light fixtures will suit an underground parking garage i personally would like to see some TL lighting like on this picture

http://upload.wikime...arage_Delft.jpg

good luck on further developping your lot.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

Nice mod going on, anyways, I was at the "Myriad Island" car topic, and wanted to download the Gazelle, the link is broken, where can I download it else?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Thursday, Aug 18 2011, 08:17)
Nice mod going on, anyways, I was at the "Myriad Island" car topic, and wanted to download the Gazelle, the link is broken, where can I download it else?

im not sure but it could be included in the 0,69 b installer if you download that one and unpack it and then go to the gta3.img file or how it is called you might find it. I also dont know which car it replaces. So good luck it might also be on gtagarage.com cause it was released a long time ago as just a car.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:06 AM

aad dude please, tell what the progress of mod? What did you do in last time for the mod?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:40 PM Edited by aad, 31 October 2011 - 08:35 PM.

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 02:06)
aad dude please, tell what the progress of mod? What did you do in last time for the mod?

A litle update for you then

- paths ( cause my max files are doing strange things i cant export the new paths)

- lot development ( currently im working on a litle harbor lot which is progressing slowly )

- other things ( trying to make some progress on necrosis lot development and fixing it up )

besides that im just having a job atm for 37,5 hours a week.

greets

Aad

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:09 AM Edited by Gforce, 05 January 2012 - 12:43 AM.

Happy New Year, anyone and everyone smile.gif

apologies for no recent updates, due to a situation in my life i have been unable to focus on modding in recent months, in the last few days i have managed to put some effort into some of my older idea's, not much but it's a start, the East Tank bridge to illurb had a big hole at the illurb end so i decided to fill it, i know it's nothing special but it fills the hole tounge.gif

Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Edit:Update

fixed the missing train track sections at the illurb train station end.

user posted image

add the following code to the "ill_track.ipl" in data\maps\ill_track_tunnel folder directly underneath line 7100, Section49

CODE
7100, Section49, 0, 825.274, 1578.61, 0.44958, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1
7100, Section49, 0, 825.274, 1678.61, 0.44958, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1

i haven't given up, it's just not as easy as it used to be.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:34 AM Edited by aad, 05 January 2012 - 10:02 AM.

QUOTE (Gforce @ Thursday, Jan 5 2012, 00:09)
Happy New Year, anyone and everyone  smile.gif

apologies for no recent updates, due to a situation in my life i have been unable to focus on modding in recent months, in the last few days i have managed to put some effort into some of my older idea's, not much but it's a start, the East Tank bridge to illurb had a big hole at the illurb end so i decided to fill it, i know it's nothing special but it fills the hole  tounge.gif

Before
http://img830.images...eforebridge.jpg

After
http://img809.images...afterbridge.jpg

Edit:Update

fixed the missing train track sections at the illurb train station end.

user posted image

add the following code to the "ill_track.ipl" in data\maps\ill_track_tunnel folder directly underneath line 7100, Section49

CODE
7100, Section49, 0, 825.274, 1578.61, 0.44958, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1
7100, Section49, 0, 825.274, 1678.61, 0.44958, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1

i haven't given up, it's just not as easy as it used to be.

Good to hear from you Gforce, it has been a while.

Im also slowly working on a lot will post some screens later on today if i can get my 3dsmax working properly there's something wrong with how its displaying my wireframe
and vertexes even if i put snap on and drag the vertexes to the snapping points they still dont seem to be on the right spot so have to figure out if thats my pc or if thats a setting that isnt right.

i still have vacation till sunday so i guess there is some time for me to also release some stuff to the public not sure if its a fully finished lot but it will be close to it i guess
cant promise much.

take care Gforce hope to see more stuff from you.

greets

Aad

UPDATE

Just some work in progress screens its far from finished but im getting there the first version will just be a closed building and a usable staircase maybe in a later stage i will open it up and add some interior to it but for now the only accessible area is the underground parking lot and the staircase leading there.
enough talk here are some screens:

user posted image

user posted image

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Cool news! Merry Christmas to you. I'm glad to hear this mod is updating.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Saturday, Jan 7 2012, 08:04)
Cool news! Merry Christmas to you. I'm glad to hear this mod is updating.

thanks still for your interest, and yes its a shame to trow away good work and not sharing it with other and i really wanted to finish of this lot cause it has been a while since i started on making plans for it.

just some new screens ( already showed in the IRC channel) to keep the public informed.

user posted image

or for some other progress pics my imageshack profile is public so just take a look there. Other stuff might still be on my photobucket account which i do not update so often.
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aad/

greetings and goodnight.

Aad cool.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Thanks to a new IMG limit adjuster asi tool over --->Here, i have finally been able to rebuild my MI-SA 007 install with all the individual island IMG files and now we can finally get to see how big this project has actually become, shame that MEd doesn't like ##comment lines and leaves gaping great holes in the rendered map yawn.gif

user posted image

a never seen before ingame screenshot wow.gif

user posted image

i have remodelled some of the tunnel entrance/exit stuff too, but i can't be bothered to take pics atm ....................... oh ok here's some rough design pics.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

one last thing, i saw in some other topics we still have people complaining they want MI on VC, well one look at the top screenshot will show you that the game map is way too big for the VC engine, so in a nutshell, "It's not going to happen". anuj_cop.gif lol.gif

adios for now cool.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

nice work Gforce, is that the monorail i see in the distance??

i will try to finish of my lot when i have some spare time atm there are still some bugs in my max file which stops me from exporting, there seems to be some bits untextured and i cant get it figured out where so i might need to redo some texturing hope the uv maps stay intact.

will post updates here when i got some news.

PS: Gforce use steve-m mapviewer and set the streaming+draw distance to the max if you just want to view the map.

Stentrion
  • Stentrion

The Phoenix Aviation

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

Good to see this mod going. Anything about the Vice city version? Will it be left that way? Do you guys plan to release 07 beta? I hope the rest of MI-SA team to join in.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:53 PM Edited by Mr. Myriad, 17 February 2012 - 11:57 PM.

Wow, Add, Gforce, cool done! I already cant wait for the next beta, very atmospheric. Btw, that ingame screen reminds me of gta vice city, i mean the left part of city.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 23:53)
Wow, Add, Gforce, cool done! I already cant wait for the next beta, very atmospheric. Btw, that ingame screen reminds me of gta vice city, i mean the left part of city.

Illcom (the left part of the screen) was the biggest part in GTA Vice City so most of the people remember that part while there was so much more besides that.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys smile.gif

Update on trains:

in the past there were discussions about making the trains longer, at that time the only way was by using an external app/tool that saved the modified exe, and that gave 15 carriages which i personally felt was too long.

I recently came across a Cleo mod that extended the trains to 11 carriages, so i decided (because nobody else was around) that we should include Cleo 4 as part of MI-SA in future, that way we can make use of the Cleo system for adding/including some of the more useful mods that are around, or make new ones, without us having to make new mission scripts.

Screenshot of the extended train

user posted image

one massive problem i have come across while reconstructing the latest MI-SA build is "MI-SA Mission script 22" for some reason i simply cannot get the game to run with it, the game just crashes as soon as it gets in game, the game runs fine with Script 21 but the ladders will not work despite having the relevant files included.

@Stentrion: as far as i and many others are concerned, MI-VC is long dead and will not be supported, too much work is needed to make that run without crashing, let alone include the full MI-SA map.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Good, of course it's pity vc's version isn't supported anymore but sa's version is hot too!

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 10:20)
Thanks for the feedback guys smile.gif

Update on trains:

in the past there were discussions about making the trains longer, at that time the only way was by using an external app/tool that saved the modified exe, and that gave 15 carriages which i personally felt was too long.

I recently came across a Cleo mod that extended the trains to 11 carriages, so i decided (because nobody else was around) that we should include Cleo 4 as part of MI-SA in future, that way we can make use of the Cleo system for adding/including some of the more useful mods that are around, or make new ones, without us having to make new mission scripts.

Screenshot of the extended train

user posted image

one massive problem i have come across while reconstructing the latest MI-SA build is "MI-SA Mission script 22" for some reason i simply cannot get the game to run with it, the game just crashes as soon as it gets in game, the game runs fine with Script 21 but the ladders will not work despite having the relevant files included.

@Stentrion: as far as i and many others are concerned, MI-VC is long dead and will not be supported, too much work is needed to make that run without crashing, let alone include the full MI-SA map.

the 22 mission script Gforce needs some additional files which were not included on the release i have used dummy's to make my 22 script to work it has to do something with the following

- minigun ( mission / weapon pickups)
- ducks ( duck mission on illcom)
- dummy's for duck mission
- weapon.dat file for the minigun.

im not sure but you can try the files i have on my website which has the .22 script and the additonal files.

i will also soon post some updates on my lot im now placing omnis for the pre-lighting stuff, also there's something wrong in my install which does not show the .dff ingame so need to take a look at that, when i fixed all of that i will post some screens here.

adilmania
  • adilmania

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hello; I want To work with you on that project
i want to help you
But I want The Last version of gta myriad islands
The Fixed Version not The 0,69B with a lot of bugs
Plls !! Give Me That Version!!

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

user posted image

Shouting at me in PM's is not the best way to go about things young man.

now i shall repeat the reply i gave to your original PM.

Post some of your work in the Picture Post topic

adilmania
  • adilmania

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

I want the illnorth to work on it!!
I work on a lot of things!!!

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

adilmania, don't be insane, just show some of your works.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (adilmania @ Saturday, Mar 3 2012, 20:28)
I want the illnorth to work on it!!
I work on a lot of things!!!

the Illnorth Dev Kit is Posted in the pinned topic ------> Here

as you will see, there are 2 links, 1 is for the in game files and the 2nd link is for the 3D Studio Max files.

as for the 00.7 files, they are still very much in a dev W.I.P. condition, myself and Aad are both working extremely hard on fixing a lot of things up, and i do mean working hard, we're currently both working on this project on a daily basis and we're both agreed that we're not releasing it to anyone until we're both happy with it.

we've been making some temporary fixes to Necrosis Island to make it a lot more player friendly in game, here is a render showing how it now looks, and yes, we do have this in game and running with the ability to now drive to and from illres.

user posted imageuser posted image

and here is a render of the much bigger map than was available in 0.69b wink.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

and as you can see from this image, we still have a lot of work to do just to patch up Port Orchid so we can at least include the majority of it in the next release.

user posted image

now, as for requesting that you show some screens of your work, that is standard practice on any modding forum, no offence but you have 3 posts and don't show up on any google search.

later ..................... cool.gif

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Can't believe this is still worked on. Last time I checked on this was in the early 2009 and it was pretty dead back then.

I don't even model for GTA games that much, with IV barely holding me on modding, but you still make this for SA. I don't understand how you can keep a motivation to do this, but keep up THE real good work, rather those map converters (III-era to IV).

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 18:42)
Can't believe this is still worked on. Last time I checked on this was in the early 2009 and it was pretty dead back then.

I don't even model for GTA games that much, with IV barely holding me on modding, but you still make this for SA. I don't understand how you can keep a motivation to do this, but keep up THE real good work, rather those map converters (III-era to IV).

we just have so much stuff laying arround and scatterd on our pc thats word putting into this mod, also having everything together really brings a great mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users