just an excuse to post something wink.gif
user posted image

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

playing around with the old MI-VC radar ring for IV.

user posted image

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Mar 11 2009, 19:33)
playing around with the old MI-VC radar ring for IV.

user posted image

Not bad Gforce, hope the modeling and mapping will break loose soon, tounge.gif

stevenjeter1
  • stevenjeter1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

Cool i hope to see some new buildings in gta IV myriad islands but all i have is Vice City on my laptop and the myriad islands mod for vice city is not as good a the san andreas one ... dontgetit.gif but i hope the vice city one gets better.

and will you be able to take niko's family and friends out to restaurants,bars,clubs,ect.ect. on myriad islands?
that would be cool. But how can the GTA IV cars get any better?????

StevenJeter1 OUT!!! rampage_ani.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (stevenjeter1 @ Mar 23 2009, 22:23)
Cool i hope to see some new buildings in gta IV myriad islands but all i have is Vice City on my laptop and the myriad islands mod for vice city is not as good a the san andreas one ... dontgetit.gif but i hope the vice city one gets better.

and will you be able to take niko's family and friends out to restaurants,bars,clubs,ect.ect. on myriad islands?
that would be cool. But how can the GTA IV cars get any better?????

StevenJeter1 OUT!!! rampage_ani.gif

atm GTA IV is just experimental modding mayhem no modeling exporting filters , just importers, an besides that not much is know about the whole use of everything in gta IV.

About the vice city version just keep on hoping , i certainly wont participate on making stuff for that version. GTA-SA is still the main Myriad Islands engine for now, at least for me cause i have sh*tloads of expported devstuff for gta-sa.

anyway thanks for your interest and if you can run gta vice city, then gta-sa will certainly run just fine. happy.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:27 PM Edited by Vercetti Gangsta, 29 March 2009 - 02:42 PM.

I think Myriad looks decent on SA and I'm sure you guys have put a lot of time and skill into it. However, I still tend to believe it looked the prettiest on the VC engine and it was more organized. Now I feel it looks very messy, with many lots that don't fit together and are unfinished one way or another.

Having said that - the team has lost some amazing modders; Odie, Laziofreak, RESpawn, Sadisticmachine, JasonB, GT-1, Luke, Illspirit were all part of the creation and their work was always amazing.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Vercetti Gangsta @ Mar 29 2009, 14:27)
Now I feel it looks very messy, with many lots that don't fit together and are unfinished one way or another.

NEWSFLASH !!!

everything on illcom (MI-SA) was actually released for MI-VC wink.gif

you just never saw it all bolted together before in a way that the game doesn't crash like a drunken crackwhore behind the wheel of a Ferrari tounge2.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:48 PM Edited by aad, 07 April 2009 - 07:52 PM.

I decided a long time ago to just put the bits and pieces of port orchid ingame which was left of it actualy, to bad i never continued with it untill today, out of boredness i decided to give it a go again and use the old 3dsmax file and export them all to the game.

here are some screens from before and after. ( note the road layout was already done and release a long time ago not public though but as far as that goes i havent converted that to the game, i just did all the extra building

After my work
http://i187.photobuc...rtOrchidNEW.jpg

and for the interest before.
http://i187.photobuc...rtOrchidold.jpg

i might just put everything ingame when i have some time, atm i was so sick of learnin and studying so i decided to do something else and pick up learning later on the day, might just clear my mind a bit.

good afternoon for now to all of you,

xx

edit: still playing arround with some old max files,

user posted image

PS: update ingame testing to show you it all works

user posted image

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:40 AM

been a while since i posted any updates, so here's 2 screens

user posted image

user posted image

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:45 AM

Top work, G.

Now get the bloody thing prelit and ingame! He He

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Warning: The following post will sound like me being a dick and contains me poking my nose in for no good reason

Why are you putting any more time into this? Myriad clearly had it's day and everyone has moved on. You could find another game to mod where your work will be appreciated by more people. I'm not quite sure what is motivating you confused.gif

I know a lot of peoples time has gone into it in the past, but it's not headed anywhere. Time to let it go.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Knife @ Oct 5 2009, 19:25)
Warning: The following post will sound like me being a dick and contains me poking my nose in for no good reason

Why are you putting any more time into this? Myriad clearly had it's day and everyone has moved on. You could find another game to mod where your work will be appreciated by more people. I'm not quite sure what is motivating you confused.gif

I know a lot of peoples time has gone into it in the past, but it's not headed anywhere. Time to let it go.

Maybe moving up to GTA IV is a good reason, and models are never linked to a game knife you can use it for any other game too, not only GTA so why is it a waste of time just showing them here, i;ve also got a sh*tload of unfinished stuff but that doesnt say it is useless.

And as always you know what Gforce is cappable of dont underestimate the things that might come.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

given the recent interest in MI-SA here are some pictures of some of the unreleased work.

as you can see, the mission script appears to be working fine, i also seem to have got the binary/streaming ipl's working and they no longer seem to be crashing the game on startup.

it's been over 2 years since i last worked on MI-SA so it's going to take me a while to get back up to speed with where we all got to regarding updates etc, i also need to locate quite a few of the extra files on my HDD along with reinstalling all the modding tools so don't expect a new release instantly, a lot more work needs to be done to the current MI-SA build before it can be released.

enjoy the screenshots icon14.gif

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Wait what? MI is back? wow.gif

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

Super News! I already wait it and dude please show us whole new progress. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif Screens're coolest!

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

Nice to see you back on it, shame I wan't skilled enough to be involved in it's hey day confused.gif , still looking forward to a new release for SA or IV!

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (bammargera @ May 26 2011, 18:44)
Nice to see you back on it, shame I wan't skilled enough to be involved in it's hey day confused.gif , still looking forward to a new release for SA or IV!

thanks for the kind words, you can still get involved now, there is plenty of available free space on the northern islands and after looking through the picture topic in the maps forum it's clear to see you're more than skilled enough smile.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ May 30 2011, 03:21)
Dude are u continuing to do Myriad Islands or don't? If not please give all new stuffs of ur version to us.

i'm going to answer your PM in here so that there is no misunderstanding, read my last post again, i have mentioned that it is going to take me some time to get back up to speed, when i am ready to release something, i will, don't expect things to happen instantly because they're not going to, right now, i am the only person currently active on MI-SA and my current working build of MI-SA is not what you want to see, nor is it what you will expect or what you think it is, it is in a very experimental condition with at least 2 islands missing due to img limits and the fact i am using a lot of my own test files.

you're obviously a big Myriad fan but i bet you a beer that there are things that even you haven't found yet, things like the UFO crash site, there's a clue to it's existence in locO_G's shopping mall, i guess you still haven't found the the Sealand offshore platform, and have you found the accidental inclusion of the Aston Martin DBR9 Le Mans style racing car ? there are also a lot of hidden entry/exit (enex) points splashed around the main island that teleport you to some other locations.

there is also a (not so now) secret Race track but i forget whether we actually included that or not, myself, locO_G and mickarrow actually hid quite a few things in the last MI release and even i've forgotten where everything is.

more screens and info when there's something worth posting wink.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ May 30 2011, 05:06)
thanks for the kind words, you can still get involved now, there is plenty of available free space on the northern islands and after looking through the picture topic in the maps forum it's clear to see you're more than skilled enough smile.gif

Cheers sounds good, is the lot map still floating around somewhere, so that I can choose which lot to start building on? And how much creative freedom do I have, is it a do whatever you like as long as the roads remain the same?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ May 31 2011, 09:02)
QUOTE (Gforce @ May 30 2011, 05:06)
thanks for the kind words, you can still get involved now, there is plenty of available free space on the northern islands and after looking through the picture topic in the maps forum it's clear to see you're more than skilled enough  smile.gif

Cheers sounds good, is the lot map still floating around somewhere, so that I can choose which lot to start building on? And how much creative freedom do I have, is it a do whatever you like as long as the roads remain the same?

you have all the creative freedom you want, the only rule the last existing active team came up with was we wanted "No More Skyscrapers", the theme of the northern islands is pretty straightforward, the island on the left is illres (residential) and the island on the right is illurb (urban), the workable lots are pretty big so you have a lot of space to work with and you will probably want to add your own roads to the lot so adding junctions to the existing road layout is an obvious one really, the road layout models are all separated from the building lots.

the lots maps are here on this page along with a separate Dev install of the MI-SA north islands so you can work and develop on a simple Dev install instead of needing to work with a full MI-SA install.

not all of the lots on the reserved list are actually taken except for mine and locO_G's.

it would be good if you can model somewhat in the style of GTA-IV as i think it's fair to say that GTA III, VC and SA style is long gone now and looks crap these days anyway.

welcome aboard smile.gif

this is one of my latest efforts for my triple lot.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Gforce @ May 30 2011, 06:06)
things like the UFO crash site, there's a clue to it's existence in locO_G's shopping mall, i guess you still haven't found the the Sealand offshore platform, and have you found the accidental inclusion of the Aston Martin DBR9 Le Mans style racing car ? there are also a lot of hidden entry/exit (enex) points splashed around the main island that teleport you to some other locations.

UFO's? I so have to reinstall MI, I've explored that a lot but never found some of these things, except some of the enex points.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

That looks real nice I'm struggling to find anything to crit, so I won't, I'll probably start work on one of the lots this week if not early next smile.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

@Gforce.

Nice that you are sort of back Gforce havent heard from you in a while. I just havent been visiting the forums in a long time so not much news from my side the latest things i have been playing with for myriad were the revised paths and some Port Orchid stuff but i never finished them luckaly i still have those files altough i have lost some of the files due backups and reinstalling my pc luckaly most of the stuff is still in a backup myriad islands install and i still have all the max files for development the only things i have lost were the compiled files and some streaming ipl files which i never got to work properly for GTI.

Just take care and i love to see some activity back again if there is anything you need or want to be done just send me a pm or reply in this thread so i will get a notification.

good luck.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

I have some files of unfinished work... that includes DieselGT's subaru vehicle
Iwill release them when my HDD will work

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Snow Racer cool, i'll wait ur car!

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

Holy wow, this is kicking back up again?

Makes we wanna model something..

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Jun 4 2011, 13:57)
I have some files of unfinished work... that includes DieselGT's subaru vehicle
Iwill release them when my HDD will work

good to hear that you want to share your unreleased work with the public welcome back again i might also pick up my work again and make them ready for an official release.

greetings

Aad

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:22 AM Edited by Gforce, 07 June 2011 - 12:37 AM.

it's soooo good to see some of the old team faces back in here biggrin.gif

if we keep developing on the SA engine (for now) with a view to using the IV/EFLC engine in the future we can raise poly counts, because the SA engine CAN actually handle it given that we now all have much more powerful PC's, so we can have a much higher level of quality. icon14.gif

Myriad awakes from it's slumber wow.gif

Edit: some latest ingame tests.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

6 years, gone but not forgotten.

user posted image

07.06.2005 R.I.P Odie.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:44 AM

Cool screens wiyh R.I.P. Odie.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

I've got some unreleased stuff as well, I'll take a look if it's still salvageable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users