Photo

Taking Hydraulics Off of Taxi

8 replies to this topic
Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:28 AM

I completed the taxi missions, mainly because I don't anything in the game to feel unfinished, but I would much rather have a horn than hydraulics on my taxi. Is there any ways to take off the hydraulics and be able to use the horn again?

Thanks smile.gif

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:35 PM Edited by Picolini, 17 February 2007 - 01:30 AM.

Why does your taxi have hydraulics anyway? Is it a mod or something?

If it just naturally starts out with hydros (ie, you didn't go buy them, they were on already), then you need to change the handling line.

Go to Cerbera's website and download the CFG Studio, since you'll need to be editing hex parts of the handling line. Trust me, his program is so damn simple and it works perfectly.

Open up your handling.cfg file, go to the taxi (or cabbie, make sure you're looking a the right one). Then go to then end where there's the Handling Flags. Double click the box and a drop down list will appear.

This is the part you need to look at

HYDRAULIC_GEOM Needs testing.
HYDRAULIC_INST Will spawn with hydraulics installed.
HYDRAULIC_NONE Hydraulics cannot be installed.
NOS_INST Needs testing.

Make sure none are checked. If you don't want the taxi to even ever have hydros by buying them, check off the _NONE option.

Here's a picture to show you where I'm talking about in the CFG Studio program.

-removed-

Sorry, read my post below.

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:55 AM

Why does your taxi have hydraulics anyway? Is it a mod or something?

When you complete 50 fares during the taxi missions, you get hydros on the Taxis. Mega, Crazy Taxi Style hydros.

creative madman
  • creative madman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:00 AM

dont u mean nitros oxide (NOS)....thats what i understand to be the 50 fare bonus

i dont recall ever getting Hydrolics after 50 cab fares (mind i havnt played 100% in ages)

EDIT: Hydrolics are the axel system that allows your car to be suspended higher in the air.

nitros oxide is an additive to the fuel system of a car to optimise speed for a short period of time

or something to that effect

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:06 AM

It's more commonly known as the "Taxi Boost" in which you press L3 (H on PC) and your taxi "boosts" into the air. It is used in alot of stunts.

@Topicstarter: Once you get to 50 fares you can't go back confused.gif Sorry

creative madman
  • creative madman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:08 AM

ahhhhhh yeah, now i remeber that

i once used it in VC to jump over the fence on the kaufman cab mission where u need to kill all of the other cabs ahha

wouldnt that be an SCM thing but?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:19 AM

I guess it would, but wouldn't that render your savegame useless? If it does, he might as well just start a new game confused.gif

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:29 AM

Ooooooh, this is for VC. Well you should have specified. What I said won't work I'm pretty sure.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:39 AM

He never stated VC, infact, he didn't sate which game, CM was just saying he used it in VC, AFAIK, it can be used in all game when you finish taxi side-missions wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users