19,601 replies to this topic
Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Mark Chump

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Damn thats a long time!
He is pretty unlucky last year he was in preshow this year he wont be there.
On a side note: The final 6 in Elimination Chamber has been leaked mistakely on wwe website.
Not that it matters as we know roman is going to win it.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Well that's interesting, because Seth and Finn won the 5 way, the elimination chamber is now a 7 way with John Cena, Finn Bàlor, BRAAAAAUUNNNNN Strowman, Elias, Miz, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, I look forward to seeing how WWE handle this situation
  • Jack Lupino likes this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Mark Chump

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

This was a GOLD Segment.
The only reason to watch wwe nowadays.
Also looking forward to 7 Man Chamber even though it's really predictable.
  • Is this The Guy? likes this

Is this The Guy?
  • Is this The Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Looks like Jeff Jarrett is officially the next inductee into the hall of fame. I can’t believe it

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Lock Of The Year
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 days ago

F*ck Jeff Jarrett.

That is all.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago

Double J is gunna be in the Hall of Fame, hello money grab

Is this The Guy?
  • Is this The Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by That Guy There, 3 days ago.

This is a long ass match

Seth Rollins putting on a show tough. Hoping this is a sign of his resurgence

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago

This is a long ass match

Seth Rollins putting on a show tough. Hoping this is a sign of his resurgence

Rollins BEAT CENA CLEAN

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Rollins has officially spent the longest time wrestling a match in a Wwe ring

NumberNineLarge
  • NumberNineLarge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 hours ago

I was on and off for many years and haven't watched since after Survivor Series 2014 after the Punk podcast came out and being appalled at how WWE treats their workers, and I saw not too long ago the company didn't pay Austin when he was away due to the injury he suffered from Owen.

I still do read up on what goes on once in a great while.

My take on Double J in the Hall of Fame is he doesn't have the WWE accomplishments for the WWE Hall of Fame, but the WWE doesn't limit achievements strictly to what they did in the company alone. Hence Sting. Hence Verne Gagne. Jarrett has done a lot for the business, and deserves to be honored for such.

Now, for the Chamber and the dirt sheets surrounding Roman and Brock at Mania.

I really don't care for Roman either way, but why is WWE pushing him to the moon with a rocket attached to him? I thought Cena was hated. Roman might be hated even more. Do the fans want Roman? Okay. Give him the belt and the main event push. You had him win the Rumble, beat Triple H for the belt at Mania, retire Undertaker at Mania and he's still being forced upon the fans, and it's not just IWC marks who don't like him either.

Imagine during 1996/1997 if they put the WWF Championship on baby face Rocky Maivia, before he turned heel and joined the Nation of Domination, before he became the Rock, when fans went so far as to chant him to die. Imagine giving him the winged eagle while WCW was white hot with the NWO angle and the Sting buildup before the very anticlimactic Starrcade 1997. WCW would absolutely have won the Monday Night Wars.

You have a face who is actually over in Braun Strowman, whom I read about before, as he debuted after I stopped watching. He seems to have appeal. He can flip cars and wreck stuff back stage. Why wouldn't that get over? That would be highly disappointing, unless we get a major swerve, that Roman is booked to win the chamber instead of Strowman. Plus he has history with Lesnar, too.

It's like de ja vu. Roman Reigns is what John Cena used to be. Braun Strowman is what CM Punk and Daniel Bryan used to be. Punk was white hot. They killed his momentum, even though he outsold Cena in merchandise. Bryan was so ridiculously over. He too rivaled Cena in popularity and WWE tried everything to squash his momentum and did so. SummerSlam 2013, Royal Rumble 2014. Even after he got his WrestleMania moment he got screwed over at the next Rumble.

That's what I see here. Roman is going to get the belt. Braun might get a run, but they'll probably drop the ball with timing and booking. The perfect time to push Ziggler was after Survivor Series 2014. If the fans want Roman, give them Roman, but if the fans want Braun and you keep shoving Roman, then no wonder the fans get alienated.

Also, I really like what I see from Elias, whom I had never heard of until I saw the video of him with Braun. He has a unique look, an entertaining gimmick and he seems to actually generate heel heat, something that people like Alberto Del Rio struggled to do. Of course I'm not confident in how Elias will be booked in the near future, but I like what I see.

DexMacLeod
  • DexMacLeod

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 9 hours ago

I think Cena was the death of the "good guy vs bad guy" dynamic but it's not really his fault. For one they so rarely had true bad guys. I'm talking people that the majority of the audience actually hated and when they did have a guy who was close to that they'd put him against Cena hoping they'd get the crowd on Cena's side. Problem was that "50/50" split Cena always got was just transferred to the person he was fighting.

Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Brock Lesnar, Elias, and even The Miz have all had their heel heat toned down significantly by working with Cena. What's worse is instead of learning from that, The Powers That Be in WWE put most of those guys up against Roman as well.

I don't think Reigns will ever get over as a face without going heel first. The fans just won't let it happen and WWE should have realized that by now. The internet has made wrestling fans "smarter" and when we realize that someone like Roman Reigns is being pushed down our throats it automatically makes the guy he's fighting against the underdog and underdogs are way more fun to root for.

NumberNineLarge
  • NumberNineLarge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

Well, Cena was terrible at selling, plus his character was very jarring. The face of the company, in my view, should appeal to all demographics. Cena stopped being cool to me after the rapper gimmick. Most cool gimmicks are Midgard gimmicks. The one downside, if Elias ever won the belt, would be his singing gimmick would be dropped instantly.

Cena was a kayfabe underdog. Punk and Bryan were real underdogs, because they got to the top in spite of the support of the WWE machine. This isn't the Hulkamania era anymore. We know what a script is now. We know kayfabe is not real.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users