Universal Wrestling Topic

19,523 replies to this topic
Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

Don't misbehave!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:49 AM

Just got back from House of Hardscore here in Jersey.

Tommy Dreamer put on a great show with what he had.  I even got to shake his hand afterwards and he complimented me on my T-Shirt.  Problem is, WWE-related politics got involved apparently and affected the card.  Tommy was supposed to face off against Matt Hardy in a "NJ Delete Street Fight" match but it had to be cancelled.  Thankfully, awesome Matt Hardy still made an appearance and being like ten feet away from the guy, chanting DELETE with the crowd was such an experience.

Bully Ray and MVP were great too along with the Spirit Squad.  Uploaded my Snapchat story and got some pretty good clips, especially of Matt deleting right in front of me.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

Tommy Dreamer put on a great show with what he had.  I even got to shake his hand afterwards and he complimented me on my T-Shirt.  Problem is, WWE-related politics got involved apparently and affected the card.  Tommy was supposed to face off against Matt Hardy in a "NJ Delete Street Fight" match but it had to be cancelled.  Thankfully, awesome Matt Hardy still made an appearance and being like ten feet away from the guy, chanting DELETE with the crowd was such an experience.

Bully Ray and MVP were great too along with the Spirit Squad.  Uploaded my Snapchat story and got some pretty good clips, especially of Matt deleting right in front of me.

https://www.youtube....h?v=VOU9lAIGdes

Why was it cancelled

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

Don't misbehave!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Why was it cancelled

Tommy Dreamer put on a great show with what he had.  I even got to shake his hand afterwards and he complimented me on my T-Shirt.  Problem is, WWE-related politics got involved apparently and affected the card.  Tommy was supposed to face off against Matt Hardy in a "NJ Delete Street Fight" match but it had to be cancelled.

:p

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

Why was it cancelled

Tommy Dreamer put on a great show with what he had.  I even got to shake his hand afterwards and he complimented me on my T-Shirt.  Problem is, WWE-related politics got involved apparently and affected the card.  Tommy was supposed to face off against Matt Hardy in a "NJ Delete Street Fight" match but it had to be cancelled.

:p
Ok better question how do you know WWE had anything to do with it, did Tommy say or what

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Gotta love Bully Ray taking the belt from the guy in the audience. "Gimme that!"

As much as we know that WWE politics often get involved and messes up what could be great cards etc, the fact that they are still allowing Matt and Jeff to appear at other places like this whilst working for the WWE is probably a sign of how much they know they need to cash in on their popularity. I can't see any other superstars being given that luxury.

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

Don't misbehave!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Ok better question how do you know WWE had anything to do with it, did Tommy say or what

Tommy said it himself.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:37 AM Edited by Corndawg93, 24 April 2017 - 07:37 AM.

Vinnie Mac sent a happy birthday to John Cena on Twitter, calling him the Babe Ruth of the WWE, that made me laugh, Vince says the darndest things

serg55
  • serg55

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

i do not like john cena. :beerhat:

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

i do not like john cena. :beerhat:

Join the club

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:22 AM

House of horrors was crap,  that shouldn't have been on the ppv. I was expecting like a hardcore pretapped match. Thrown through walls, a room of fire, weapons, mind games. What do we get, a room of dolls, 5 punches or so and a refrigerator. Such a let down

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

If anyone needs anymore evidence that Jericho can just about sell anything.....

• Alan Eastwood likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

Its very rare A PPV and then the RAW afterwoods are both very much awesome

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Hazardous Environments

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

If anyone needs anymore evidence that Jericho can just about sell anything.....

Please, come back soon.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

True or fales
In order for a fued between Cena and Reigns to work, Cena needs to heel it up

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Doesn't make a difference - Cena would get the face reaction over Reigns, whichever role he assumes.

The best way to do the feud would probably be Reigns as Universal champion, with Cena chasing his record-setting 17th reign. Roman being the heel in the feud would ironically get a few more people on Reigns' side, creating a more split crowd reaction, which would be best if they actually want people to like Reigns in the longer term.

UltraZ
  • UltraZ

Casual Modder

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

True or fales
In order for a fued between Cena and Reigns to work, Cena needs to heel it up

But i thought Cena was going to feud with Nakamura and Styles?

reform
  • reform

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Figured Dunne Vs. Bate II would be MotN, and it ended up being a MotY contender. Certainly the best WWE/NXT match of 2017 so far.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:53 AM Edited by Corndawg93, 22 May 2017 - 03:28 AM.

JINDER MAHAL BEAT RANDY ORTON AND HAS BECOME THE WWE CHAMPION

JINDER IS WWE CHAMPION

Yes you read that right

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:55 AM Edited by Chalk, 22 May 2017 - 03:57 AM.

It was obvious that was gonna happen. With WWE's push into India as of late they are trying to capitalise on the huge market potential. What better way than to make the WWE champion from India?

The night went pretty much the way I had figured with except maybe Sami Zayn's win over Corbin. Then again I guess Sami needs to win a match eventually. Also surprised the womens match was won moderately cleanly. Was certain there was gonna be a heel move to distract the ref or something with Ellsworth for someone to do something illegal. Still wasn't a great spectacle. Our women's champ just has no chemistry with most the roster. Those kicks she does looked like they were missing from a mile off and Carmella was just standing there flailing. Oh well, wasn't the strongest card going around so can't complain too much.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:55 AM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 23 May 2017 - 12:57 AM.

lol, Jinder f*cking Mahal is the WWE Champion. If that title had any prestige, it's gone. At least the World Title used to take the bullet for the company whenever they wanted to give unproven guys title runs. Now not even their main title which has a long history is safe. As if I needed more reasons to remain disinterested in WWE!

I'm not necessarily against Jinder in general. But it's comical that they think they can have a guy who was a laughing stock as part of 3MB for years just win the title and be taken seriously. Not gonna happen, sorry.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:48 AM

lol smackdown... just don't know what to say

So I'm guessing it's big cass that took out Enzo.
Seems like it's time to put the big man out there solo

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:21 AM

Where has everyone been? place has died down. 

Anywho, anyone that's left, is Balor done with the demon king thing? He didn't do it for this ppv, unless I missed it on his entrance.(My network errored out right at the start of the main event entrances).

Also sick of The Miz hot potato with Ambrose, he can never win clean, always dirty.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Supreme Overlord

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

Meh, lost all faith in the product. NXT isn't what it used to be either.

reform
  • reform

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

Where has everyone been? place has died down. 

Anywho, anyone that's left, is Balor done with the demon king thing? He didn't do it for this ppv, unless I missed it on his entrance.(My network errored out right at the start of the main event entrances).

Also sick of The Miz hot potato with Ambrose, he can never win clean, always dirty.

The products been down, Ratings & veiwership have been down. So discussion has been down.

Finn not doing the demon gimmick is protective booking. Aside from limiting the overexposure of the gimmick to keep it ultra special, it also protects both him and the gimmick in that he wasn't booked to win the match anyway. If he does the demon thing and loses right away, then it becomes meaningless. Sure, he can lose as the demon, but he needs a good number of wins under the gimmick (on the main roster) before they can pull a shock loss.

Miz & Ambrose isn't a hot potato thing. They're getting the belt off of Dean because the IC title is going to more or less be the main Raw belt while Brock is mostly absent with the Universal title. Miz is sort of a transitional champion as the belt will move up the card for much of the year. Reigns is supposed to be getting it at some point.

Meh, lost all faith in the product. NXT isn't what it used to be either.

Last NXT PPV was one of their best in a while. But yeah, overall the whole product, including NXT (but to a significantly lesser degree), is pretty lousy right now.

Havn't watched Raw in months due to just getting tired of WWE's bullsh*t. I hear it's just been worse and worse, and that Extreme Rules was terrible.

Smackdown PPV's have been terrible too though since AJ lost the title, but I still generally like the Smackdown weekly shows, as long as I ignore the WWE World Title scene.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

I simply don't have time these days to watch any wrestling, and I'm so far behind on Lucha Underground it's laughable.

The problem with WWE these days, is continual stop/start booking and creative. there never seems to be any clear direction and they are becoming worse and worse at switching feuds, with no apparent reason; and then when they do get into the flow of the feud, they never explain why they got into that feud.

It's a shame really, as there is a lot of great talent at the moment, they've gone back to the brand split, and the Women's division is finally getting it's recognition, and putting the title on Jinder (whilst he was my joint least favorite in 3MB, Drew was my favorite) was a good move.  The problem is they've not given good enough reason to be invested in that storyline for it to be one of those great upsets.  Plus they stick the title on Bork Lazer far too much, because reasons.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Black Widow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:25 PM Edited by Black Terminator, 12 June 2017 - 12:30 PM.

So they have started a program with Seth Rollins vs Bray Wyatt from Raw after Bray costs Rollins a victory over Joe. Well, we know this song and dance too well. Bray is just going to talk, backpedal and then lose on the pay per view. 

Brock vs Joe is just a filler for a B rated pay per view which I would have interest in if it was not for a title on the line. 

Not interested in Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jaxx or whoever she is feuding with right now.  However she does have mic skills. Nia is still green, Bayley is a joke, Mickie is not being pushed in the right path but pushed to coach a very green Dana Brooks. Emma is coming back soon but the damage is already done to her. Alicia Fox is a jobber and talent enhancement at best now. Sasha I can tell they are setting a program with her and Alexa Bliss at Summerslam. 

The Hardy Boyz has a rematch but I have a feeling they will lose on the dumb pay per view name which I won't say due to some dignity.

Enzo and Cass getting attacked backstage every week now will lead to it being The Revival who has been doing it. I see them going at it for weeks and Enzo/Cass will lose. 

But Goldust vs Truth is gold right now for Raw. 

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:48 AM

Wow Money in the bank was soooo bad. The only saving grace was the men's ladder match. I mean you have a history making first time ever match and you ruin it with Mr. no chin getting it? I understand Lana was going to lose, she actually put on a decent first match, and her finished looks brutal, too bad they already have Naomi kick out of it, and while on the subject, wow Lanas outfit, good choice. Interference in the wwe championship match again, same thing, its like Rollins with j and j security again. Oh and the usos just walking away, garbage ending. I've heard others claim it's a heel victory your supposed to hate it, and I do understand the heel heat, but every match with a heel needs interference or some kind of cheat? getting boring. Anyway that money in the bank men's match was awesome, some really good and painful spots.

• UltraZ likes this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

Think I'm going to cancel my wwe network membership. I don't even watch the matches anymore I just fast forward to the end lol

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:10 PM Edited by El Diablo, 19 June 2017 - 10:13 PM.

I don't post here much at all but I grew up watching WCW and WWF with my dad and my brothers.

all throughout the famous network rivalries, the Montreal Screwjob, Hollywood Hogan's NWO, the Attitude era, the mergers and acquisitions, etc etc

but I don't watch anymore. other priorities. other responsibilities. someone riddle me this...

am I just jaded or is Professional Wrestling on the decline? it doesn't seem like they're creating the same type of legendary characters that they created during the golden days. but I could just as easily be blinded by my rose-colored glasses. where is the next Undertaker? where is the next Hogan? where is the next Rock? where is the next Mankind? where is the next Goldberg? where is the next Stone Cold? can anyone answer me honestly? who are the next generation of timeless names? where are the unforgettable matchups like Hell in a Cell with bloody hardcore table breaking over thumb tacs with barbed wire? it feels like most wrestlers just grow to a certain size nowadays and then move on to Hollywood. their gimmicks seem pretty shallow. their characters don't seem very deep. maybe this is also the fault of WWE writers and Vince McMahon's changing priorities with the company. maybe that's what happens when you just reach a certain level. there's too much money at stake. too many advertisers. too many endorsements to risk.

when I turn on the WWE lately, it all looks very safe and clean and family friendly which is not the WWE I remember.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

I doubt we'll ever next anyone the calibre of The Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan etc. Those guys were just in the right place at the right time.

Wrestling will never see the heights of the 80s boom period and Attitude Era again IMO. Trying to create a star on that sort of level is like trying to get blood from a stone.
  • UltraZ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users