Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

Taker and Reigns at WM, really?

Called this right after the Rumble.

Something about Reigns eliminating Taker doesn't sit right with me, when I saw that I got sick to my stomach thinking they are gonna do Reigns vs Undertaker at Mania and have Reigns win for another push.

I called it after I read it on the Dirtsheets

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

I doubt that Reigns will beat Taker, if you look over past 8 years or so, Taker has faced the well established people and beaten them all, the exceptions being Bork Laser, which a lot of people, and rumour has it even Vince thinks, it was bad idea. 

The other exception was Bray Wyatt, which probably the best indicator, as whilst granted he was being a bit of jobber at that stage and was not really given any direction, but since then he's been built up nicely and now holds the title and it doesn't look odd.

They'll use Reigns in the same manner to give him a "rub" by going against The Undertaker, but I doubt if they would have him beat by Reigns as that would put too much on Reigns on what is still relatively early in his career.  I mean people have been salty towards him for a good while, and it's mainly been due to bad booking, but he's recently started to win a few folk around and is getting better reaction than he has before; to have him beat The Undertaker now, would just undo all that and atmosphere would be saltier than the Dead Sea.  Besides Reigns is actually quite a safe worker as well, so I think The Undertaker will be well protected in the match.

My guess is The Undertaker will be good for one more year and will see it off next year against Cena, who cold legitimately beat him and take the heat that comes with it.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

'taker reportedly needs a hip replacement which he's opted to put off until he's retired. He's looked so fragile in his last few appearances that I'd be surprised if he puts it off for another year. I suppose he could have the surgery after 'Mania and then try to get in shape for the following year but I'm honestly skeptical.

The narrative going into this feud appears to be Reigns laying claim to 'taker's "my yard" catchphrase, and, indeed, the "yard" itself. If this is Taker's last match, it's absolutly Vince's MO to pannic and try to make sure Reigns gets the rub (Which will be a mistake. Again.) before 'taker is done, We could potentially expect to see a scene following the match where Undertaker acknowledges Reings as the new "big dog", which I'm sure will go down terribly, but that's rarely altered their handling of Reigns in the past.

I'd guess that the plan is to build to Brock/Reigns at Summerslam. Two guys who've both beat 'taker at WrestleMania. Reigns this time being presented as someone closer to Brock's level on account of his victory over 'Taker, and Brock's aura of invincibility somewhat diminished after his initial loss to Goldberg, despite likely beating Bill at Wrestlemania.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:06 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 09 March 2017 - 01:06 AM.

I'd guess that the plan is to build to Brock/Reigns at Summerslam. Two guys who've both beat 'taker at WrestleMania. Reigns this time being presented as someone closer to Brock's level on account of his victory over 'Taker, and Brock's aura of invincibility somewhat diminished after his initial loss to Goldberg, despite likely beating Bill at Wrestlemania.

This is what I've felt like they'll do, it's almost career suicide for Reigns' chances of being accepted as a face to have him beat Taker, it's to the point that I felt briefly sympathetic towards him, until I remembered that he gets paid millions so him being booed isn't going to stop him from sleeping at night. The fans won't ever let it go that Brock Lesnar beat Taker and they actually like him, generally speaking. With Reigns, it'll guarantee he remains hated forever.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

Reigns will beat Taker, obviously to symbolize the whole "It's my yard now" thing. And I love Taker but he should just retire at this point. He hasn't been the same since WM30 and his appearances have only become less special each time he's showed up. His match quality has also decreased because other than maybe the SummerSlam match with Brock, he hasn't had anything really good since the Punk match in 2013. He does look fragile and there really isn't anything left for him. There was the potential Cena match they could've done but they missed the boat on it when the streak was still a thing and now Taker is just overstaying his welcome at this point.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

Reigns will beat Taker, obviously to symbolize the whole "It's my yard now" thing. And I love Taker but he should just retire at this point. He hasn't been the same since WM30 and his appearances have only become less special each time he's showed up. His match quality has also decreased because other than maybe the SummerSlam match with Brock, he hasn't had anything really good since the Punk match in 2013. He does look fragile and there really isn't anything left for him. There was the potential Cena match they could've done but they missed the boat on it when the streak was still a thing and now Taker is just overstaying his welcome at this point.

Eh, I'd say the HIAC match he had with Lesnar was pretty good too

• Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:31 AM

"Ring of Honor's 15th Anniversary" spoiler (don't read if you haven't watched the show yet and are about to):

Spoiler

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Human After All

• Zaibatsu
  • Unknown

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

I never really bought into Taker in his prime and seeing him wobble around at the rumble like he'd had twelve beers was just awkward to watch.

I'm not a Reigns fan either but this WM match is the perfect time to turn him heel against the biggest part-time baby face the company has.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

So Seth Rollins is good to go, he got into a fight with HHH and HHH beat him down

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

What do you guys think will happen with paiges stuff getting hacked? Do you think Xavier woods is going to hurt from it?

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

What do you guys think will happen with paiges stuff getting hacked? Do you think Xavier woods is going to hurt from it?

Paige has been so on the outer over the last 12 months and this would be the last straw. Can't imagine seeing her return to a WWE ring. Its a shame because I quite liked her and from what I've heard Vince was a big fan, hence her push to be NXT Women's champ and WWE Diva's champ on debut. But in a PG era WWE there are only a few people who can get away with this sort of thing. As much as it isn't her fault, people have been sanctioned for less. Accidental wardrobe malfunctions and what not.

As for Xavier Woods, I think it will be swept under the rug a bit like with Seth Rollins. He sells so much merchandise and is so over with the crowd that he will get off a bit more lightly. He wasn't at the live events over the weekend due to earlier commitments, so will be interesting to see how much air time he gets on RAW and what the fan reaction is like. I really hope they aren't dicks about it because otherwise the WWE might be forced to limit his air time.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

New, day nice people... new, day nice people

... but seriously, I doubt if they'd take much action against any of them outside of the usual slap on the back of the wrist for actually taping it in the first place, cause these days sh*t like that is very liable to be hacked/leaked etc.  As it's not like any of them involved leaked them on purpose, as from what I can gather (keep in mind it's internet gossip) it was someone getting some revenge on Brad Maddox, who had this stashed privately.  Although why leak stuff on Paige, when the target was Brad Maddox?!?

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:18 AM

Poor Jim Ross's wife passed away, poor J.R
  • Bartleby likes this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

Very sad indeed, I hope JR stays strong.

On a separate note and not to sound disrespectful, anyone played WWE 2K16 and 2k17, and which would you say was better?  Asking for friend who's got 16, and is considering 17, but wants a second opinion.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

Wait til 18

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

2k16 is a bit better. 2k17 is kind of empty, they've still yet to match the old school games from over a decade ago that had more features, were more enjoyable and had better gameplay.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

So after seeing the Rollins/Triple H segment from Raw and what Rollins was saying about trying to get back to the old Seth Rollins from before he teamed up with Triple H... calling it, The Shield boys will be back in town on Sunday.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

You wish jelly fish, Roman and Dean have there own problems, Mick will interfere amd cost HHH the match

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Human After All

• Zaibatsu
  • Unknown

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

So, looks like Nakamura is headed to the main roster. Not sure how I feel about that, I can just see the powers that be completely dulling him down. Such a talent, just can't see a lot of his 'strong style' being allowed on main television.

Anyways, it's the day of Mania, any predictions on matches or surprises?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

Prediction time, The Hardy's will return tonight, and either The Shield will reunite to take out Triple H or there will be a last minute replacement for Seth Rollins. I do have a replacement in mind, but I'm not going to say who I think it is, Cause I feel that I aM going to Probably Utterly jiNx who I thinK it is

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Human After All

• Zaibatsu
  • Unknown

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

Prediction time, The Hardy's will return tonight, and either The Shield will reunite to take out Triple H or there will be a last minute replacement for Seth Rollins. I do have a replacement in mind, but I'm not going to say who I think it is, Cause I feel that I aM going to Probably Utterly jiNx who I thinK it is

All of that is dream worthy for most fans, problem is, we all give way too much credit to WWE every damn year in thinking they will actually swerve us and give us an actual surprise that isn't just a legend returning for a five minute gimmick.

Apparently the main event is looking like Lesnar vs Goldberg, personally I think Wyatt vs Orton or Taker vs Reigns are much more deserving of that spot. If I was booking this event I'd have Wyatt vs Orton as the main event with Wyatt winning via a distraction from a returning Matt Hardy who then basically challenges Bray wanting that title, setting up for a Bray - Broken Matt feud going into the new WWE year.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:29 PM Edited by That Guy There, 02 April 2017 - 09:36 PM.

With reigns and undertaker being the main event (right?) I highly doubt we're going to have a shield reunion tonight, although I wouldn't throw away the thought of a raw after wrestlemania shield reunion.

Hardys returning could actually happen with all the rumors swirling around as of late. But then again there were a number of rumors about possible surprise royal rumble entrants and we got, well, no one lol. I do hope it happens though.

And I will scream like a teenage girl and literally sh*t myself if the person whom you have cleverly hinted at does in fact return.

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:36 PM Edited by Chalk, 02 April 2017 - 09:40 PM.

Prediction time:

No. Matches Winner

1PNeville © vs. Austin Aries 

Austin Aries

2P 2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Braun Strowman*

3 Bray Wyatt © vs. Randy Orton

Randy Orton

4 Goldberg © vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

Brock Lesnar

5 The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Undertaker**

6 Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Seth Rollins***

7 Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles

J Styles

8 Bayley © vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Bayley

9 Chris Jericho © vs. Kevin Owens

Kevin Owens

10 John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse

John Cena and the retiring Nikki Bella

11 Dean Ambrose © vs. Baron Corbin

Dean Ambrose

12 Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson © vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

The Hardys****

13 Alexa Bliss © vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. Naomi

Naomi

*You can't build Braun up for months and then forget about him when Undertaker wants to take on Roman
**Undertaker better win, but if he doesn't then I want it to be the end for him. He bows to the guy who's "yard" it is now. Lights go out, the gong rings, lights go back up and Undertaker is gone. Forever.
***Someone like Samoa Joe runs in to help Triple H, but then Finn Balor or someone comes in to help Rollins
****The Hardys make a "surprise" return in the ladder match and continue their conquest of gold. Although I'm hearing reports that this was going to happen but may have been scrapped. If so, Gallows/Anderson retain.

Other surprises:
Shelton Benjamin as a surprise entrant in the Battle royal

Ergghh, it looked great using the table from Wikipedia, until the post went in and the formatting crapped itself.

• PoeticWhisper likes this

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Human After All

• Zaibatsu
  • Unknown

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Got a special feeling this one. I'm watching the pre-show now, the fact that they put so much effort into the stage this year instead of just huge led displays makes me think they want this to be special.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Hold up, did I just hear that Mojo Rawley won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale, da f*ck

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

Shane and styles put on a great match. A shooting star from Shane was amazing he really wanted to show work in it. Off to a great start.

• Tech-Noir likes this

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:52 AM

YEAH BOI!!!!!!

Unfortunately they aren't yet BROKEN, but I'm sure they will be.

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

DELETE....  was not expecting that, welcome back

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:34 AM

Not going to lie I'm a sucker for huge proposal moments, even cheesy ones

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:26 AM Edited by Corndawg93, 03 April 2017 - 02:27 AM.

The Hardy Boyz are back and Cenas proposal was cringe worthy as f*ck, it should be DELETED
  • Tech-Noir likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users