Photo

Universal Wrestling Topic

16,448 replies to this topic
Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Oh yeah and the instaboner camel clutch moment too.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

Leave a message.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

*Botchamania 160*

Lol'd hard at 9:30. For anyone here who never watched the Botchamania series, you're missing on a lot.

Botchamania is great, but Steinermania is amazing. It's a shame there are only 2 though.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

WrestleMania 30 will have 4 possible big ass main events

John Cena vs Hulk Hogan or them in a tag team match

Undertaker Vs Brock Lesner or Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan

CM Punk vs HHH or Daniel Bryan vs HHH

Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan or CM Punk vs Randy Orton or Randy Orton Vs Brock Lesner

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 19 December 2013 - 05:45 PM.

Reports are that WWE doesn't want Hogan to wrestle, and instead have him do a run in with a heel and have him cut a promo of some kind. Also, WWE is apparently interested in bringing back Batista for a match at this Wrestlemania. I wouldn't get your hopes up though. since Batista has clearly said he doesn't want to work in the PG Era. At the same time though, remember, everyone has a price. *Million Dollar Man laugh*

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Last Ho Kogan rumour I heard was that he was going to be either a ref or a 'manager' for Cena for the WWE Title match which may well be an Orton © v Cena blow off match, the extra sprinkles on that rumour was that in the build up Ho Kogan's arm would be 'broken' and he would have it in a cast.  For the match itself Ho Kogan would be in Cena's corner with Orton's daddy Bob in Randy's corner, the idea would be that in a nod to Wrestlemania 1, Ho Kogan would knock out Orton with the cast for Cena to get the win, as opposed to the accidental cast hit Piper got hit with in Wrestlemania 1's Main event.

However, it has been rumored that WWE may well not have Cena in the title match and instead he would be the one to face Undertaker for the streak, the thinking is that Cena has never faced Taker at Mania and with Taker probably not having many wrestling years left, the E are wanting to fit that one in since Cena is one of their big names and their paths have not crossed that often.

That would leave the title match open, enter Reigns, talk is that Reigns is going to win the Rumble and may break a few records along the way, since this may well be another 40 man affair.  It's possible that he may be this years Iron Man, Most Eliminations, turn face, split from The Shield and go on and win the whole damn thing.  I for one approve of this, as I'm big Reigns fan.

As for Bryan, talk is that Triple H has put the ball squarely in HBK's court if he wants to do one last match, Triple H is said to OK'd the idea of him doing a match, although the E like to keep people retired, it may well be an unsanctioned Street Fight as this would mean he would still in affect be retired.

Punk may well be facing Triple H in an authority angle match, which to be honest would be f*cking brilliant, Punk has always been the darling of the fans, the IWC and the Indie guys, Triple H is pure company man these days, plus the back and forth that Punk, Triple H, Stephanie and Vince would have would be just awesome.

The recent rumour of Dave making a comeback may well be true and may lead to an awesome match with the other big name missing off the big picture scene and may well be setup either at The Rumble or Elimination Chamber, most likely the Rumble due it's nature and it could be that Batista will return and stare down Bork Laser, in a possible MMA style Wrestling match.  This was actually rumored last year, but may take place this year with it being Wrestlemania 30.

The Undercards may well see  The Wyatts v The Shield (Ambrose/Rollins) +1 (possibly Del Rio, cause they have to give him something to do or he'll spit the dummy), with The Wyatts being the semi-faces.  Face turned Cesaro v Heel Turned Sheamus, Cody v Goldust, Big E v The Miz v Kofi Kingston v Ryback - Fatal 4 way IC Title, Mysterio v Sin Cara - Torch Pass and huge hoss fight involving Big Show, Henry, Tensai and Clay.  The pre-show may well be two hours and be a mini FPV (Free-Per-View) in it's own right.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 19 December 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Well, we'll just have to see how this all plays out. WWE could sh*t the bed by having it be another Wrestlemania based on putting over Cena, or could be smart and use this huge event to build up a bunch of new stars. Vince has apparently been changing things around and messing with his plans for the show, so even he isn't sure what's going to happen at the moment. We should get our first view of what's going on around Royal Rumble time.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm sorry but as much as I'd like to see roman spear his way to a rumble victory that ain't gunna happen, so gareth your info is crap

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yeah, I don't see Reigns winning the Royal Rumble. I think he has a dominant performance like Kane did in 2001, but much like Kane. He won't win, just be dominant.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by Billy james, 19 December 2013 - 10:27 PM.

What happen on the end of NXT with Beau Dallas and Adriaan Neville

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2014

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Tyler Breeze made the save and prevented Bo getting pinned as Neville was going for the finisher, he threw Bo back in the ring for the pin and to retain the title.  However that was overshadowed by Cesaro's one handed spinning back breaker on Kidd.

As for Reigns... we'll see, we'll see ;).

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

I like Reigns a lot, but I see him being dominant while not winning. As great as seeing Reigns face Cena at Mania and spearing Cena out of his shows would be, I'm predicting Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton. Especially after this last Raw.

MisterWiseman13
  • MisterWiseman13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm hoping we see Bryan win the title at RR, and Punk winning the Rumble Match.  Leading to them headlining Mania.

• Shenmue18 likes this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

That's my dream Mania setup. 

MisterWiseman13
  • MisterWiseman13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

I also wouldn't be upset if the rumors of Shawn are true.

I would love to see him in the ring again with either Bryan or Punk.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Billy james, 20 December 2013 - 07:52 AM.

A promo at Wrestlemania for the Real Americans getting cut off by Hulk Hogan practically writes it self

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

That'd be a great idea, Billy.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2014

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Cesaro may well be split from Swagger by then, so that may not happen unless they promote Adam Rose (aka Leo Kruger) as a Real American (from South Africa)

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Anybody else miss those hardcore promo's that they would play before a main event match on a Pay Per View to get you pumped up for it like hell?

I remember them so well and it only just occurred to me how the promo's seem a lot weaker now and they just don't get you as pumped for the match unless they were great talents like D-Bryan or Punk.

Take this for example. They use to do this all the time with main event promos. Playing screamo and sh*t, classic.

Skip to 2:00 to get what I'm on about.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 20 December 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Yeah, some of the promos back in the day used seriously badass music. WWE's now using pop bullsh*t as theme's for their PPVs which doesn't give a cool vibe at all. Or when they do get rock songs, they never seem to use them in a pre-match promo. Here are some of my personal favorite promos from back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8-WKRAH_uM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsecviXamEg

Apparently I can only embed two videos at once, okay...

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Batista is advertised for a return at the Royal Rumble

http://rajah.com/node/38038

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 21 December 2013 - 11:43 AM.

Aw if only these reports didn't come out. I probably would have marked really hard if I hadn't known about it.

Remember when Jericho entered this year's Rumble and no one had any idea? It was because no one mentioned it on Twitter, no leaks or anything.

If that was the case with Batista, my god.

Edit; Also Michael Cole is going to completely butcher it with his sh*tty announcing.

I'll take a Jim Ross "Oh my god!" over a Michael Cole "Oh my lord." any day.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2014

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by Crokey, 21 December 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Dave v Bork Lazer at Wrestlemania in a cross MMA/Wrestling match with the setup at The Rumble... I'll take that.

EDIT:  This is pretty cool

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:25 AM

Batista's return is going to be interesting. Him returning before Mania has to throw a monkey wrench into Vince's plans. 

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

Batista no longer advertised

http://rajah.com/node/38047

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Goddamn it. We want Batista WWE!

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Goddamn it. We want Batista WWE!

I wouldn't say that he won't be returning still, it's just smart to pull all advertising like that down so it remains a surprise for those who don't know about it yet.

Which is good in my opinion, as I stated earlier it would leave a bigger impact if no one knew about it.

Where as someone like Sheamus, even though there have been no advertising for his return either, everyone just expects him to be a surprise returning entrant due to him only being out from an injury. He'll still get a pop though. Hopefully he turns heel.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

True, hopefully he does still come back. 

Sheamus as a heel is definitely much, much better than face Sheamus. The guy has skills in the ring and he just feels so much more natural and believable as a heel.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
    Worst Tits 2014

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yep that's damage control, however there may still be a surprise or two at The Rumble, this could well be a diversion to take the attention away from another or other returnees.

Keep in mind, Fozzy aren't touring so Jericho can return, RVD could be back for his next 6 month stint, to a lesser extent we may well get Evan Bourne and Sheamus back, there are rumours of legends wanting to make an appearance to most notable being Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) and Jake "The Snake" Roberts (who I would mark hard for), there may also be a shock entrance for The (Ultimate) Warrior who is getting quite friendly with WWE again, and if he does return I would love Darren Young to eliminate him, you know why ;)

Also to keep a note of is that WWE are still keeping very, very quiet on the Hogan front as well as Sting who still hasn't made a choice to re-sign with TNA or to go out with a bang at Wrestlemania.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ultimate Warrior is homophobic or something? That could be a lot of badass returns right there. Jake The Snake and Scott Hall would be really cool after all the personal problems both men have gone through and overcame, it'd be pretty amazing to see them return to a WWE ring, even if just for a brief moment. Evan Bourne, Jericho, RVD and Sheamus returning could lead to some good matches. 

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Haven't read any of the above rumours/predictions, but you know what would be an awesome WM (probably 31st) match? Taker vs B Wyatt.

The entrance alone is worth booking it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users