Universal Wrestling Topic

12,471 replies to this topic
Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Who knew Ricky Ricardo likes to smoke a bowl. Didn't watch Raw, glad I didn't as it looks awful.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Apparently the "420" isn't a Wellness violation (probably put in place to keep hold of RVD and Orton during their careers with WWE)

Also according to Dave Meltzer (renowned Wrestling writer/reporter) Sting has sent feelers WWE's way about the possibility of joining WWE next year when his contract ends with TNA in January, this may lead to the long awaited match with The Taker at Wrestlemania 30.

I'd love that.

Not seen Raw yet, as my internet has been a little... sorry a lot crap today... however as long as it doesn't do that next week... as parents, I need you to stop lying to your children, and telling them the monsters aren't real... We're Coming.

RUN...

RUN!

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think WWE's going to do Cena vs Taker at Mania 30 and have him in the streak in a pitiful way to try to put Cena as an all time great, when everyone with half a brain knows that Cena isn't even in the top 100 of greatest superstars of all time.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 23:43)
I think WWE's going to do Cena vs Taker at Mania 30 and have him in the streak in a pitiful way to try to put Cena as an all time great, when everyone with half a brain knows that Cena isn't even in the top 100 of greatest superstars of all time.

I'd put him in the top 20, there are at least 10 guys in TNA who are above him in my list

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:13)

If that happens, there is going to be a mass protest in the internet community.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 05:43)

My reaction: a boo, then a stroke.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (stingray132 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 16:54)
QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:13)

If that happens, there is going to be a mass protest in the internet community.

If in the unlikely event that does happen the Superdome will become an open air venue. wink.gif

It appears Ricky Rod's ban is for taking fat burners, not dope or anything else Grade A

There is also talk that Cody Rhodes may be the Blue Case winner at MITB this year, I would still prefer either Sandow or Cesaro myself.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Anyone besides Fandango winning the WHC case would make me happy.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm not just randomly speculating about WWE doing Taker vs Cena at WM 30, I'm about 90-95% sure that's that what they're going to do. He's going to end Taker's career and the streak and cap off a WM 30 where the only person happy is Vince McMahon (Remember, as Gareth has said, Vince has been thinking this out as his ultimate Mania ever. To him this seems like the perfect idea to get Cena over, while in reality it'll elevate the boos tenfold.)

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

With the Wrestlemania 30 plan, the latest murmurings is that Punk will get to close the show in the main event and with the main event of Wrestlemania usually being the WWE championship, I'd be going for a Punk v Cena match with Cena probably picking up the title (after losing it possibly at Summerslam/Survivor Series) at The Rumble and Punk winning the Rumble itself, a match he hasn't won yet.

The Speculative Big Match card for Wrestlemania 30 would be

John Cena © v CM Punk - WWE Title
The Rock v Brock Lesnar - In a "Cause WWE needs the Buy Rates" match
Sheamus © v Daniel Bryan - WHC Title
Sting v The Taker - Streak Match
The Shield © v The Wyatt Family - All Titles change hands match WWE Tag Titles and IC Title

There is also rumour that because of the landmark occasion and that it's rumored to be Vince's last big hurrah they may look to make this a very long show possibly tipping the 5-6 hour mark (pre and post shows included) so we may get a huge card involving a huge amount of wrestlers.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

If Cena beats Punk at Mania I'm killing myself.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

There rumor going around that Sting might be coming to the WWE soon, I really hope that happens

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Sting being brought over to the WWE has been rumored a million times. And it still hasn't happened yet, I think Sting may want to retire as the most popular wrestler to never step foot into WWE, however, a Sting vs Undertaker match would be pretty entertaining as long as they add a stipulation to it (Street fight, Hell in a Cell, Hardcore match, etc etc.) because Sting can't really put on a good pure wrestling match like he could just 3-5 years ago. That being said he's still able to wrestle a much better match then a lot of wrestlers that are his age, which he showed in that really good match vs Bully Ray at Slammiversary. I'm still sticking to my gut instinct and going with them doing John Cena vs Undertaker at WM 30 instead as we all know WWE only cares about putting Cena over as the greatest man that ever lived. (Austin Aries' is gonna sue WWE if they start calling Cena that :P) with him beating the streak something that no other man could ever do. Who knows though they might go back on their plans if Sting is willing to jump ship as there's quite a lot of money to be made in a Sting-Taker match. I just don't see Sting leaving TNA.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

Enough of this Wyatt family poop. Bring on Matt Silva already

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Have you actually seen Matt Silva wrestle or are do you just really want to see him in brought up because he's Australian? Also, I love the Wyatt family gimmick but for f*ck's sake WWE, bring them up by now. They've had what, a dozen promos now? I want to see them cut live promos and wrestle matches on Raw. Not all these vignettes over and over and over again.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

They say they're coming but they've been here all along wink.gif

Actually they debut on Monday, I'm hoping they don't cock this one up, there is so much promise there, I'd hate to see that go to waste.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

They're debuting this Monday night??? well sh*t, I'll have to actually watch Raw this week. If WWE f*cks this up I'll be pissed, but at the same time not that surprised at all.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by billy james, 06 July 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Mainly cause he's Australian

Also, I'm watching NXT at the moment and I'm wondering what did Beau Dallas do to get booed

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

I've caught up with the week so far (minus Smackdown and Superstars), Raw was not bad, I agree with several comments made everywhere that the crowd again ruined it, not because they were flat, they were just dumb.

Main Event was quite good especially the opening match Christian and Sandow, excellent technical wrestling and completely worked the crowd nicely.

NXT was back to being good this week and the crowd were right marks, the highlight was the NXT Title match between Cesaro and Bo Dallas, Dallas is supposed to be the face, but he's getting full on Cena style heat, the chants are there and everything, females/kids - "Lets go Dallas" , males - "Dallas Sucks", Cesaro was getting all the cheers icon14.gif . The winner was obvious as Cesaro is main roster stuff, but it set up a feud with Dallas and Kruger (who also got a few cheers) and the ongoing feud with Cesaro and Sami Zayn (aka El Generico). Paige also got a great pop in the Divas match and I'd love for WWE to debut her in the main roster she'll be 21 next month so hopefully that will free the shackles a little bit in regards to niggly legal stuff. Also this week Xavier Woods was getting more air time and he's got a great thing going on, a proper funk/disco thing with an 80's geek edge, would be great on the main stage and also The Ascension (Conor O'Brien and Rick Victor) seem to be getting a welcome revival. There was also a match between Enzo Amore/Colin Cassidy v Mason Ryan, which was a squash match for Ryan, who is looking immense and whose skill is looking a lot tighter now.

Seems like I bang on a bit about NXT but it really is a good show.

EDIT: @Billy: He's too goody goody and the smarky NXT local crowd don't like it and to be fair to WWE they're running with it as well.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

Bo Dallas is so awful, I don't know how anyone can cheer him. He looks like a tranny and I've seen nothing that suggests he's talented enough to overcome just how off putting he looks. The only thing that could make him more bearable is a mask.

And it looks like the shows are back to being boring. Didn't like Raw this week at all and from Smackdown, I read the spoilers and just checked out the Orton/Christian match as they always deliver together.

El Tropa
  • El Tropa

Love me? Hate me? Youll never break me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Smackdown wasnt terrible... but it wasnt good either.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 06 July 2013 - 06:10 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

Some news:
According to reports there is talk in the World Wrestling Entertainment company that The Undertaker will return at the SummerSlam pay-per-view.

‘Taker is said to be teaming up with storyline brother Kane to take on old enermies The Shield. There are grounds for the return as his April 26th beat down by the trio on SmackDown! is what put him out of commission in the first place.

Kane is in need of a new tag team partner after he split from Daniel Bryan on SmackDown!, it only makes sense that it be his own brother, the American Badass himself.

-Approximately 9,000 fans were in attendance for the final WWE show in Tokyo, Japan on Friday evening. Japanese WWE Superstar Yoshi Tatsu picked up wins over Wade Barrett this week and celebrated with the Japanese flag each time.

-Another highlight from the show locally was former WWE Superstar Funaki working as the special guest referee for the Natalya and Aksana Divas match

-According to live reports, Antonio Cesaro “won the fans over” in Tokyo this weekend with his 24 minute match with Sheamus.

TNA Impact Wrestling has confirmed the releases of the following wrestlers:

-Joey Ryan
-Christian York
-Madison Rayne
-Taeler Hendrix
-Crimson

TNA may release additional talent as the company is in the midst of taking cost-cutting business moves.

And now, worst of all, WWE is trying to blame CM Punk's tweets on the Stanley cup for back in late June RANT INCOMING...

WWE, What the serious f*ck is wrong with you, low ratings aren't caused by Punk's tweets, there caused by your sh*tty booking, predictable product and shoving that bitch boy John Cena down everyone's throat. How the hell do they not realize that the blame is on Cena and your booking by now? This company and Vince "Cena cocksucker" McMahon is F*CKING DELUSIONAL. Do you not realize that 80-90% of your crowd and about 70% of your Television audience is sick and tired of Cena's same old bullsh*t, never losing and always burying the much more talented person who carries him throughout the match? Yes, Cena has his fans, but he's chased off a sh*tload more people then he's brought in. Look at the ratings and how they've declined every single year as it's gotten more evident that it's just going to be Cena as the top guy for years to come? Connect the dots WWE!

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

For someone who hates Cena...you sure talking about him a lot.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Because he takes up the main event every week and I'm sick of it. The rest of the show can be good and then Cena will come out, bomb a promo and do a terribly worked match and ruin it. It's like you have a good movie, then the ending to it is just terrible. Of course I'm going to bitch about it because it ruins the rest of the movie.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Low ratings aren't because of Cena, it's because the direction of the Creative team is pointing down the toilet and their scripting has been piss poor at best.

The main reason is not of booking but if that the fallout show for pretty much every PPV over the last couple of years pretty much sums up what the next PPV schedule is going to be in terms of who is facing who. and this is making things predictable so while PPV Buy Rates are up the weeklies are suffering because people just need to read a brief synopsis of the fall out shows and make up their minds from there what the card will be for the next PPV and take it from there.

The only PPV's that should have an air predictability about them is the big four of The Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series, the ones in the middle should be build ups and also be as unpredictable as the weeklies should be. I will say hats off to WWE for their last PPV, Payback, as they left it quite late to officially announce the card, even though it was a little predictable, and Payback as a result was quite good, I understand they need to advertise matches in advance to bring in PPV Buy Rates, however they used to leave it to the last minute before and buy rates were relatively high as well considering the weeklies viewership. And these days when they shove the WWE App and other social media down our throats they can leave things until Saturday before they announce the card as ordering the events on PPV can be done almost in a instant these days.

Plus it was also mentioned an another site which is true when you think about it, how often are the big players involved in actual matches these days on the weeklies, how often do we just get the main players coming out and just cutting a promo and not actually wrestling, I understand they need to protect the talent from injuries etc, but then that shows a lack of reserve planning on the Creative side of things, in case of injuries.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

That's a great point Gareth, back in the day you had The Rock and Stone Cold or Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle (Anyone remember the hour long Iron Man match on Smackdown between those two?) wrestling on a regular basis on the weekly shows, and before the brand split Rock and Austin would sometimes wrestle on both Raw and Smackdown. I don't think it's a coincidence that at a time where you got the big names wrestling matches on both shows the ratings were also the highest they've ever been in the past and higher then the ratings in the future. But, you also have to remember Cena is getting a bit older now, back from 2005 to about 2009 or so Cena would wrestle on Raw practically every show.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:13 AM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 07 July 2013 - 02:19 AM.

CM Punk is the biggest ratings killer they've had in 15 years. About time he takes some blame. His title reign was not only a boring piece of sh*t, he also killed the ratings fast. The guy was such a flop with the mega push they gave him. I don't understand why he continues to get all these special matches against the part-timers even though he hasn't earned any of it. Now his heart is not even in it since he's done everything possible. His sloppy performances since coming back only show that.

Really pumped up for Money in the Bank to see R-V-D make his return. He should get a big reaction in Philly.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 13:13)
John Cena is the biggest ratings killer they've had in 15 years. About time he takes some blame. His title reign was not only a boring piece of sh*t, he also killed the ratings fast. The guy was such a flop with the mega push they gave him. I don't understand why he continues to get all these special matches against the part-timers even though he hasn't earned any of it. Now his heart is not even in it since he's done everything possible. His sloppy performances since coming back only show that.

Really pumped up for Money in the Bank to see R-V-D make his return. He should get a big reaction in Philly.

Fixed

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 04:20)
Fixed

Too bad it makes no sense since Cena was not the one with a 434 days long reign.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 14:51)
QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 04:20)
Fixed

Too bad it makes no sense since Cena was not the one with a 434 days long reign.

It don't say anything about a 434 days title Reign, it's only says title reign

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

OMG, Brad Maddox is actually a member here on the forum, he's even got the same birthday and everything... dedicated cool.gif

Anywho back to non random stuff, the card for Money In The Bank is pretty much confirmed as

AJ v Kaitlyn - Diva's Title
-AJ to retain

Curtis Axel v The Miz - IC Title
-Axel to retain, The Miz has ping-ponged title around himself too often this past year.

Del Rio v Ziggler - WHC Title
-Del Rio will retain this time, Ziggler may pick it back up at Summerslam

John Cena v Mark Henry - WWE Title
-Henry win and will get his golden watch run with the title.

Christ Jericho v Ryback - Erm, sh*ts and giggles match
-Ryback, because he needs a PPV win and Jericho will do this for new guys.

Red Case Ladder Match (WWE Title)
-Christian, RVD, Orton, Bryan, Kane, CM Punk, Sheamus
--Tough one to call I'd love for Bryan to do it again so it can set up a possible feud with Cena down the line for the WWE title, however because this has been discussed ad nauseum on the internet it probably won't now "Because that's how WWE like to swerve us". Failing a Bryan win, I'll go for Orton

Blue Case Ladder Match (WHC Title)
-Ambrose, Fandango, Sandow, Rhodes, Swagger, Cesaro, Barrett
--I know WWE is high on Ambrose, but I think there is other plans in place for The Shield over the next year so a blue case win would be a distraction. This one is very tough to call and you have to look at it as to who they want as a WHC title holder, now with Del Rio penciled in to be the WHC scene for the rest of the year, you'd need someone to feed off that, and with the Del Rio/Swagger feud bombing earlier this year, I'm going for Cesaro to take that place. However you can't rule them out from pulling the trigger on Rhodes or Sandow, so if I had to choose between Sandow, Rhodes or Cesaro, I'd got for Cesaro.... just.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users