Universal Wrestling Topic

14,096 replies to this topic
Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

I sure hope he still gets his push. Anyone here hear about Antonio Cesaro, Zeb Coulter and Mick Foley being on The Daily Show last night?

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

That RAW was interesting, nice ending

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yup, Raw actually gave me some hope that the product will stop sucking dick, of course I'm probably just getting my hopes up and we'll be going back to Monday Night Cena shortly with Cena burying everyone on the active roster, but I can always have my dreams.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

WWE Announcer Confirms Departure From The Company

Matt Striker noted on his Twitter that his WWE contract will not be renewed. He wrote:

"Was just informed by @WWE that my contract will not be renewed. I am now available 4 appearances, signings seminars & wrestling. Deep breath

"Thanks for all the support. To book plz email [email protected] @WWE has your entertainment first in their mind. Support that product"

Striker signed with WWE as a wrestler in 2005. He made his debut as a commentator in 2008, and has been working as an announcer ever since. He also hosted NXT, and was the host of the WWE After Burn show, which airs internationally.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (MetalisticMCena @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 22:41)
WWE Announcer Confirms Departure From The Company

Matt Striker noted on his Twitter that his WWE contract will not be renewed. He wrote:

"Was just informed by @WWE that my contract will not be renewed. I am now available 4 appearances, signings seminars & wrestling. Deep breath

"Thanks for all the support. To book plz email [email protected] @WWE has your entertainment first in their mind. Support that product"

Striker signed with WWE as a wrestler in 2005. He made his debut as a commentator in 2008, and has been working as an announcer ever since. He also hosted NXT, and was the host of the WWE After Burn show, which airs internationally.

My guess that is why RVD is returning. He will have a couple matches, maybe a feud, then back off and get on commentary like Booker T did.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

This 'product' known as the WWE will still be stale from here on in so long as that cruddy asswipe John Cena is still there.
All he does is bury the top talents, he has never given and never will give any other top talents a chance to run with the ball and actually be the face of the company like he is. He plays politics back-stage to make sure that these guys don't overshadow him and his sh*tty 'Cenation'. He constantly kisses Vince McMahon's ass to keep that top spot.

What I want to see happen is for the people to make a change, for YOU to make a change by actually making a god damn statement. Bruce Blitz talks about this best in his video below.

All it takes is for ONE arena to do what is mentioned here and hopefully other area's will follow suite.

Enjoy.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

I saw that video by Bruce, great wrestling and sports commentator, I highly recommend subbing him if you want a good insight on wrestling or sports. Also, apparently a new guy called Mike Bennett is being signed by WWE.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

I don't know who that dude is but I'm sure he's an asshole

Also I really hope HHH brings in Matt Silva soon

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

So apparently HHH vs Curtis Axel was planned for Summerslam, but has been dropped. I wonder if that means the focus for Triple H's character is now going to be completely on this Vince and Stephanie storyline, which by the way has been getting so much television time is because USA requested that Raw features the McMahon family be featured regularly on weekly television. So don't blame WWE for putting the McMahons in the spotlight as they have to please the USA network.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Seeing that Alberto is a heel again, shouldn't he have the Mexican bull music to start his theme song and not the Dum Dum sound and also he should be coming out in a car as well

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

They might bring all that back, he's going back to his cocky heel character so no reason why he shouldn't drive the cars into the arena with his old theme song. Also, it seems WWE has changed the plan for Daniel Bryan from having a match with Cena at Money in the Bank and Summerslam to having him win the Money in the Bank briefcase for the WWE Championship then challenge Cena to a match at Summerslam. Per Sescoops.com

El Tropa
  • El Tropa

Love me? Hate me? Youll never break me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

I camt wait to see what WWE has planned for RVD...

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Me neither, I'd love to see him face a number of guys, like Punk, RyBack, Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Curtis Axel, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:31 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 22 June 2013 - 05:33 AM.

QUOTE (Riot Genovese @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 11:33)
I camt wait to see what WWE has planned for RVD...

Rumours are going around that creative will be trying to work a program including him and Kane.
Apparently the idea was that he would return and convince Kane that he was no longer the monster and reckoning machine that he once was, much like a similar work involving both superstars back in 2003. I also believe how it's a bit of a mistake bringing him back due to the fact that WWE is just going to water down his move sets (like they do with everyone else). I think he also wants to get into the HOF down the line eventually too.

What is really going to happen is he will just be fed to John 'Superman' Cena. It happens every god damn time a familiar face comes back to do a work with Cena.

Examples:

• The Rock - Put Cena over at 'Mania 29.
• CM Punk - Many times throughout 2012.
• Brock Lesnar - Put Cena over at Extreme Rules '12.

Not to mention the countless matches he has won throughout 2012 including all the dark matches and yet he claims the bullsh*t story that he "had a horrible 2012", yeah okay.

@bily james.

You must automatically assume that Bruce Blitz is an asshole for one of 2 reasons; #1 You're a Cena-fanboy OR #2 You haven't even bothered to watch any of his videos.
He is a very informative guy who makes subjective opinions about Pro Wrestling and the WWE product. He also makes extremely valid points along with Mad Genius (his colleague in some of his videos) about how the product has become so stale over the past few years and how it's not only John Cena affecting that outcome (despite the majority of it actually being because of that un-athletic piece of scum) but how we have to deal with the countless amounts of bogus crap that goes on with the other talents compared to a product like TNA and ROH where the talents are used properly.

Just a take a look at some of his videos and then make a point about how he is an "asshole".

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

I never watched it

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

@Xtreme Pretty much, he'll be fed to Cena just like everyone else, Billy is a bit of a Cena fanboy, I myself try to tolerate Cena but everytime I see him cut a corny promo or bury another star far more talented then himself I hate him more and more. Also, BruceBlitzed is the f*cking man.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I've just watched that video of that Bruce guy, I've not seen his other ones only that one, but from that I gather he's a bit of douche that has no clue about the WWE, and I'm saying that from an indifferent point of view on Cena, I don't like Cena but I don't dislike him either.

Why I'm saying he has no clue is that he's constantly saying that Cena is doing this that and the next thing which fair point he does have a decent input into things backstage, so all the reports of burying folk like Alex Riley backstage, belittling other members of the roster backstage is all taken without a pinch of salt because there has been that much said about it, that dismissing it would be a little stupid. However the rants about Cena winning this, that and the next thing in the ring is where he doesn't get it, he's trying to come across as a mark, but he's merged right into smark territory with that one. Why because that is one section of WWE that he has no control over what so ever, that belongs to one Vincent Kennedy McMahon (one day will be Trips), he's the one that calling the shots there and he's one clever bastard as well, the whole (very) anti-Cena folk are playing right into Vinny's hands and that makes him a very happy bunny.

The reason is simple, there is nothing worse in the world of wrestling than the sound of silence, everything else shows that the audience cares. That guy saying that people should walk out when Cena is in the ring, might be seen by him as a sign of protest, but don't forget in wrestling it take at least two to tango and walking out would be showing massive disrespect to whoever else is in the ring as well.

Really the guy should calm the f*ck down and realise that it's business, or show business (♫...like no business I know♫), there will always be a top face or babyface of the company, Hogan in the 80's/90's, Bret Hart in the 90's, The Rock/Austin, 90's/00's, Cena 00's/10's, yes Cena has been that face for a long time, but he sells a sh*t-ton of merchandise, gets the kid friendly vote, gets money rolling in from parents as a result from the kid vote and gets people talking about him (positively/negatively) and WWE, as a business model Vinny has got a gold mine.

---------

Not seen Smackdown yet, but quick recap of the week:

Raw was not bad, not as good as some were making out to be, yes it was solid this week and flowed nicely, which it hasn't done for a while, the swerve from Henry was great, but for sheer enjoyment the post WM Raw was better.

NXT wasn't that great this week a little flat to be honest, hopefully it will pick back up next week

Main Event was not bad, neither up nor down from previous weeks

Superstars was it's usual average.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

Nah, I've watched a lot of Bruce's other videos and he knows a lot about the business, he was even a wrestler for a short time and he's been a fan since the early 80's.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

I caught some of the Mark Henry retirement promo from RAW. That was some good sh*t. Solid way to put Henry over. I never really liked it when he first won the title -- but after that promo, I could see him having a better run this time around if he does get the push.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 08:41)
Billy is a bit of a Cena fanboy

No I'm not, I didn't watch that video of that dude, so I think I should to know what he's about

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

Mark Henry truly proved his abilities once he got the chance in 2011 with the heel turn. Loved every minute of his title run. And the fake retirement was stuff of genius. I was hoping it would be a swerve with him slamming Cena with the hug and BAM, it happened! Hope he gets a final run with the WWE Championship instead of being another opponent for Cena to overcome.

He's always had the potential but didn't get the chance until his heel turn. He showed flashes of brilliance in 2006 already in his matches with Kurt Angle, Mysterio, Benoit and Undertaker then he got injured and that set him back a few years.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 23 June 2013 - 02:37 AM.

QUOTE (Gareth Croke @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 08:22)
The reason is simple, there is nothing worse in the world of wrestling than the sound of silence, everything else shows that the audience cares.  That guy saying that people should walk out when Cena is in the ring, might be seen by him as a sign of protest, but don't forget in wrestling it take at least two to tango and walking out would be showing massive disrespect to whoever else is in the ring as well.

You're right, everything else does show that the audience cares about what the WWE product has to give... or what's left of it. The only thing that most of us anti-cena fans like is the actual wrestling, you know?
Pro Wrestling is what it should be all about, not this corny soap opera crap that gets shoved down our throats with Cena and his unathletic ass. Bruce is a good guy, most people just see him as a douche or an asshole because they don't interpret his opinion and where he is coming from. He states many times that it is all subjective and each to their own, but he also states the facts. The blunt facts about how the WWE has gotten horribly stale over the past few years and how a lot of their fans have become sick and f*cking tired of that ass kissing company bitch-boy.

Besides, Bruce is only referring to walking out when Cena is in the ring cutting a promo. Basically when ever he comes out, that's the moment that you go to the bathroom or go and buy a snack.
Someone also had the idea of everyone reading newspapers or a book when he is cutting another corny ass promo.

There will always be a top face or babyface of the company, Hogan in the 80's/90's, Bret Hart in the 90's, The Rock/Austin, 90's/00's, Cena 00's/10's.

The difference between those era's with Hogan/Austin/Rock/Bret Hart is the fact that each and every one of those men have an athletic ability to WRESTLE and actually please the majority of the company's fan base. They don't run to the ring like they have something stuck up there ass and they sure as hell don't look into the camera before running to the ring and point out useless sh*t like "One day away from Tuesday!" (Watch last week's RAW to understand that).

Those guys were icons and still are, they have a persona about them that can appeal to an audience that appreciates genuine professional wrestling and not some fruity pebble, corny ass crap-stick like Cena who only holds his infamous "5 moves of doom" in his arsenal of moves. Who the hell is John Cena paving the way for? He's paving the way for 30-40 year old grown men to go out in public wearing those bright coloured shirts with the hat and jean-shorts, where as someone like Austin or Rocky paves the way for real grown men to stand up and chant a big "f*ck you" to this childish crap known as the WWE.

He sells a sh*t-ton of merchandise, gets the kid friendly vote, gets money rolling in from parents as a result from the kid vote and gets people talking about him (positively/negatively) and WWE, as a business model Vinny has got a gold mine.

This has also been discussed many times before. Any other top talent can sell a sh*t-ton of merchandise just like Cena so long as they are booked right. Take Daniel Bryan for example, he's one of the most over guys in the company right now but the only reason he's not selling anywhere near as much merchandise is because WWE plaster Cena as the face of the company and make him the face of all the charitable organisations. Other superstars like Bryan, Henry, Mysterio, Punk etc. play a part in such organisations but only Cena gets the credit for it.

The guy is an unathletic piece of garbage who can't bump properly, cuts sh*tty promo's that repeats the same old crap but more than not he bury's great talent's time and time again.
If you're a Cena guy, more power to you. But the real wrestling fans who actually enjoy the art of professional wrestling and appreciate what some talent have to offer (without their moves being watered down) understand the fact that Cena has to go.

This is why we support TNA and ROH more than this childish 'product' known as the WWE, which more likely than not I expect to see on Nickelodeon in the near future.

El Tropa
  • El Tropa

Love me? Hate me? Youll never break me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Lets take a poll here..
Whats been everyones favorite stable throughout the history? WCW included

Id have to say my favorite of all time is the NWO

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

The Union... Jokes, NWO, Shield and D-X are some personal faves. Also, I agree with everything Xtreme said in his post. However, let's be honest with ourselves, the whole walkout thing will probably never happen in a major scale. If it does then it could start a trend though. Just a really low chance of it happening.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

DX, Evolution, NWO, The Main Event Mafia, The Kliq

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hart Foundation, Nation of Domination, The Shield, LAX, old DX, Radicalz, Dangerous Alliance. And Job Squad.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Favorite stable has to be Evolution. Those tag matches in 2004 were awesome.

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 03:32)

The difference between those era's with Hogan/Austin/Rock/Bret Hart is the fact that each and every one of those men have an athletic ability to WRESTLE and actually please the majority of the company's fan base. They don't run to the ring like they have something stuck up there ass and they sure as hell don't look into the camera before running to the ring and point out useless sh*t like "One day away from Tuesday!" (Watch last week's RAW to understand that).

Those guys were icons and still are, they have a persona about them that can appeal to an audience that appreciates genuine professional wrestling and not some fruity pebble, corny ass crap-stick like Cena who only holds his infamous "5 moves of doom" in his arsenal of moves. Who the hell is John Cena paving the way for? He's paving the way for 30-40 year old grown men to go out in public wearing those bright coloured shirts with the hat and jean-shorts, where as someone like Austin or Rocky paves the way for real grown men to stand up and chant a big "f*ck you" to this childish crap known as the WWE.

Lol, you're really complaining about Cena's 5 moves of doom and wrestling abilities while you PRAISE Hogan? notify.gif And Bret Hart is the king of "5 moves of doom" and originated the term.

Safe to say you're just an irrational hater. It's okay to hate his character, hell, I hate it myself - but to question his talent, specially when praising someone even more limited like Hogan is just rubbish.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I see Hogan and Cena in somewhat the same light, while I respect Hogan's contributions more then Cena's as I feel that for the past few years Cena has actually hurt the business, Hogan helped it expand drastically. Both Cena and Hogan are much better wrestlers then their "super hero" esque characters allow them to show. Watch Hogan's matches in Japan and any of Cena's matches before 2006 (Especially in OVW and 2002-2003) and a few afterwards to see how much better they are in the ring then many think. Cena's character, backstage politicing, burying of stars both in and out of the ring is why I heavily dislike him. He'll never be mistaken for Kurt Angle, but his wrestling skill isn't absolute garbage like his character portrays him to be. It doesn't help that he's added to much muscle mass as ever since he's gotten quite a bit bigger he's been much clunkier in the ring.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Cena's peak was actually 2007. Great matches throughout the year. His matches with Umaga (Last Man Standing) and Bobby Lashley are examples of how he can have a great match without his opponent being a Bret Hart level great like some always claim.

He's gotten better as a ring general from 2007 onwards but what ruins his reputation and makes people not realize his talent is the lazy performances. When he goes against somebody subpar like The Miz, he will enter autopilot mode and just go through the motions like with that horrible I Quit match. Then give him an opponent he truly respects, he'll turn it up a notch and deliver. Hogan on the other hand was the same ol' sh*t. No matter who his opponent was, he would spend most of it getting beat down only to hulk up and win with his 3 punches, big boot and leg drop of doom.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

That's a good point, he seems to be complacent with his matches instead of always giving it everything he's got. People overblow Hogan's lack of moves, Hogan would do moves like the suplex, belly to back suplex, abdominal stretch, camel clutch, stf, swinging neckbreaker, rib breaker, atomic drop and a scoop slam. Not an incredible in ring performer but not as bad as people say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users