Zyo
  • Zyo

Homie

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Anyone going to Desertfest?

Camden London 25-27th April 2014

Friday 25th is pretty much a must-see event for me with Spirit Caravan, Sixty watt Shaman, Monkey 3, and also a friends band (Borracho) just confirmed.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

What do you Metalheads here think of the latest new episodes of That Metal Show, including the last full episode with Mick Mars of Motley Crue. They're ending their history of decadence at the top, says Mars, and there will be no more Motley Crue once their journey ends, but he will keep playing with a new set of musicians and he's saying only death can stop him from playing and creating music.

Never been a big fan, mind you, but I think it's a respectable history the band has managed to write for themselves.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

Motley Crue. They're ending their history of decadence at the top

Does anyone else actually believe Motley Crue are decadent, and sit atop the metal world? Let's be honest, and be in the 21st century.
  • Mr. House likes this

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:28 AM Edited by Banana, 11 March 2014 - 03:29 AM.

Motley Crue. They're ending their history of decadence at the top

Does anyone else actually believe Motley Crue are decadent, and sit atop the metal world? Let's be honest, and be in the 21st century.
Coincidentally, I was watching VHC1 classics last night and saw commercials for that episode several times and was thinking the same thing. I don't think I could name more than 2 songs by them.

Its cool that he wants to play until he croaks, though. Might as well make a ton of cash doing what you love.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

Oh sure, do what you love as long as you can. More power to you.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:16 AM Edited by Slamman, 11 March 2014 - 05:18 AM.

Here's metal classic to the MAXIMUM... Morbid A

@Forty, Motley Crue seem to think so, they did a series of shows in Las Vegas and they were very happy to get that gig. The METAL WAYNE NEWTONS!

Linc.
  • Linc.

Have A Nice Life.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:25 AM Edited by Linc., 11 March 2014 - 05:26 AM.

Two more from Soundwave 2014

Volbeat

1795772_1473729532849977_1543859080_n.jp

Devildriver

1962618_1473729639516633_125809251_n.jpg

Sick avatar by the way Slamman. :^:

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:38 AM Edited by Slamman, 11 March 2014 - 07:03 PM.

Another fun YouTube news magazine;

I love that Carcass is back, and Kirk Hammett's festival sounds as cool as Dave Mustaine's

Whiplash I rediscovered somewhat by adding their earliest tracks I remember from late 1980s

metal scene to my iPod to enjoy whenever I'm out and about..

Keep in mind though, I got into metal in the early 1980s, in the USA, Midwest, that's the pioneering days when it all began!!

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

I have regretted that I never listened to Carcass. I never knew it would be this so badass. I'm still a noob when it comes to death metal artists because this is first time I encourage myself to listen to them. And Carcass has delivered that piece along with Behemoth and Deicide. I will share the current song I've been listening.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Have A Nice Life.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by Linc., 12 March 2014 - 08:40 PM.

So Tool have denied the claims of the next album being completed.

Apparently Adam's joke was taken out of context.

http://www.rollingst...lusive-20140307

Guess we're going to have to wait another, what, 9 years?

Still, you can't rush perfection :p

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

I have regretted that I never listened to Carcass. I never knew it would be this so badass. I'm still a noob when it comes to death metal artists because this is first time I encourage myself to listen to them. And Carcass has delivered that piece along with Behemoth and Deicide. I will share the current song I've been listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KKYJD09qCk

Do yourself a favor and check out Autopsy

Also if you like Carcass, get Necroticism (their best IMO)

And also check out Death Breath

• Failure and ExtremoMania like this

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:41 AM Edited by Slamman, 13 March 2014 - 02:35 AM.

Good one, MoonShield, oh, if you like that check out General Surgery. Not a lot of material from them, but it's Grindcore. 

Death Metal is somewhat mainstream for subgenres... Grindcore I tend to think of a UK born term for something even more raw, for me, an early raw style of Extreme Metal. I think S.O.B. of Japan is pretty good too. Early Napalm Death and perhaps this channel video sheds some more light on the dark! haha

Looked up Lee Dorian and found this classic gem....

• Failure and ExtremoMania like this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by ExtremoMania, 13 March 2014 - 07:48 PM.

Do yourself a favor and check out Autopsy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24_BYwfqV4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoEbzINGqTM

Also if you like Carcass, get Necroticism (their best IMO)

And also check out Death Breath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5agWtIsKWOY

Wow, amazing @Moonshield. I would be looking into that now about Autopsy, they're vocal are just awesome. Also @Slamman thanks for the suggestions, will look into it as well. And it's nice to be back in the forums dude.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:44 PM Edited by ExtremoMania, 13 March 2014 - 11:45 PM.

Sorry for bumping my previous reply but I believe it should have a new discussion.

So I have lurked on Linkin Park's official vevo and saw this single entitled Guilty All the Same. Listened to it and I'm surprised that the band has finally retained that nu metal style that they have before in their previous albums Hybrid Theory and Meteora. The instrumentals are aggressive as well as the vocals of Chester Bennington, like the usual nu metal style genre. I'm amazed and kind of excited in their new album's release, hope that it will have more nu metal content on it. It's good that Linkin Park has returned to it's roots. Here's the track and the full news from MTV. Listen and just ignore the rapping if you don't like.

http://www.mtv.com/n...gle-rakim.jhtml

Linc.
  • Linc.

Have A Nice Life.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by Linc., 14 March 2014 - 10:21 PM.

Just got back from a Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age joint concert at Rod Laver Arena.

They flipped a coin to see who would play first and it ended up being QOTSA.
They started off slow but really picked up towards the end and played a really good set. They would have sounded perfect if it wasn't for their audio, could hardly hear Josh behind all the wah-wah.

And holy sh*t Trent Reznor and the rest of Nine Inch Nails have still got it. They played f*cking fantastic and played all their best too, a lot of their older Downward Spiral stuff. The light show of course was great too, I saw the brightest light I have ever seen apart from the Sun tonight.

Awesome night in all, both bands played great.

EDIT:
Here's a clip of Nail's end, Hurt of course.
Just as perfect as usual, and that finish!

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:47 AM Edited by Slamman, 20 March 2014 - 02:16 AM.

Found out in the local free paper with events listings, CARCASS is coming to our city, along with other bands on a themed tour bill, so far, sounds like their the highlight though! COOL.

Just caught the latest That Metal Show when it aired over the weekend, this time with Dee Snider. I know some of you rivetheads like to dump on the more commercial accessible artists, I've done so at times, but the earliest, classic artists still hold a place in my playlist and heart of Metal Hearts (Accept reference)

On the show, they all gave a moment to mention the Dio tribute album due out VERY soon, in which multiple musicians all perform on select tracks, Wendy Dio asked Eddie Trunk to do a liner note, and a Dio song closes the album.

ALL proceeds from it's sale will go to a Cancer fund in Dio's name, or set up by his family, I don't know the exact details, but it behooves all of you to buy a copy, it's for a great cause and it should honor DIO respectably ... I went to a few live shows around the time of his passing, and all the bands performed a DIO tribute, you can find the same on various clips around the Web, even a live Bon Jovi show IIRC, they stopped to do an interlude in tribute of the late great Ronnie James

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

RIP Oderus :/
597px-Oderus-urungus-04.jpg

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Yeah I just heard the current news about David Brockie a.k.a. Oderus Urungus from Gwar. It's really sad though since I just started listening to their tracks again.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by Slamman, 26 March 2014 - 02:48 PM.

There's some real good METAL shows coming to USA towns this summer on tour, I hope I don't forget what day and miss out! That DOES happen, sadly.

Did you guys catch Gwar on AXS tv I think it was early last year, IIRC, broadcast live, should be able to find it online now. AXS doesn't protect it's broadcast stream so you can record to DVD! hahaha

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

I'm sure fuko's heard it already, but the new Falls of Rauros/Panopticon split is pretty great.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

When GWAR closes their show with Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son with different lyrics, and saying it was stolen from them, it's just classic!

Metal should always be tongue in cheek or at least put a smile on your face. 

The downside of the humor versus serious factor came into play for Tom G and Celtic Frost with Cold Lake. In retrospect it was too much of a turnabout in direction, but it was prompted by the band thinking it was too serious by that point. Tom Fischer's actual influences were the 80s HM bands, not just the heaviest or Satanic black metal, but as even he said, the Beatles, in the same way they influenced Ozzy Osbourne

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

For your dB crushing pleasure: http://www.brooklynv...the_body_m.html

f*ck.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Bumpin' for some Boris news and a sneak peek at their new album.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Season ended for That Metal Show on what I'd call a 'high note', comedians more then musicians appearing as guests made the hilarity almost NON STOP and I laughed my ass off! Be sure to see it online if you can't gain TV access

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:41 AM Edited by headmetalbanger, 09 April 2014 - 03:42 AM.

New tracks from Triptykon are awesome, especially this song with CF vibe, I hope this coming album remains like first than was epic win.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Speaking of Tom G Warrior. I was Googling images of classic Celtic Frost for my iPod Nano selections and I found some really cool t-shirt designs. I MUST get my hands on at least one, and heck, anyone worth their metal salt should have a CF shirt for every day of the week!!

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:50 AM Edited by headmetalbanger, 10 April 2014 - 08:59 AM.

Yeah, I have 'Morbid Tales' and 'Emperor's Return' shirts, those EPs are awesome.

I heard 'Melana Chasmata' by Triptykon, that is great, but not better than debut.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by Slamman, 18 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

Oh man, somehow, however long it's been, never looked up the Misfits version complete with lyrics, GREEN HELL Metallica favorite

This I missed, 4 years back it was uploaded, but it coincides with the recent KISS induction ceremony being a contest of ideals between the founding band members, and the audience really couldn't care less.

Same thing happening with a number of original bands infighting and breaking up, and unable to move on by way of resolve. Bill Ward left out of reformed Black Sabbath. I just hate this band member political strife destroying what could be ... THE MUSIC is PARAMOUNT!

Speaking of Anvil in the Rate the Song above topic....

I got one band you should love on the side....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abu9M5XeKeg

Oh, and speaking of KISS and the RnR Hall of Shame, Paul Stanley appeared on Out Front / CNN I believe, to talk about his thoughts on the matter, very interesting for any KISS fans out there who want to know Paul's thoughts and stance

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

If anybody is interested, here's a recording of my band from our show last night. Bear in mind, it's our first show with our new drummer:

https://soundcloud.c...-at-the-comet-4

Also, we played the first two songs pretty f*cking fast compared to how we usually do.

EDIT:

Just got this for Record Store Day:

10264345_10101669842673905_8379690630041

Red vinyl, out of 100 copies. It's very heavy.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

DP Bump for some interesting news:

http://www.terrorize...r-black-sabbath

One of the more interesting records released for Record Store Day this Saturday came courtesy of Bristol’s instrumental doom trio Gonga, who enlisted the vocal talents of Portishead’s Beth Gibbons for a crushing rendition of Black Sabbath’s classic titular song. Don’t worry if these babies had all flown off the shelves by the time you got down to your local record store however, as you can hear it right here…

Gonga have been around since 1998, but have seen numerous personnel changes over the years. Formed by guitarist George Elgie and drummer Thomas Elgie (both former members of Crippled Black Phoenix), Gonga’s revolving door lineup has seen Crippled Black Phoenix vocalist Joe Volk, Beak’s Matt Williams and even Akercocke bassist Peter Theobalds pass through the band at various stages of their existence. The one constant, however, has been the enormous great riffs the band excel in, marrying krautrock style repetition to the kind of hefty desert scorched grooves that Kyuss would be proud of to create a sound that is all their own.

Now operating as a three piece (with Latch Manghat on bass), Gonga are on form right now, as evidenced by last year’s humongous ‘Concrescence’. For this limited Record Store Day release, the band have teamed up with inimitable Portishead vocalist Beth Gibbons, who has leant her beautiful, dulcet tones to a particularly heavy cover of Black Sabbath’s classic ‘Black Sabbath’.

Check it out below…

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users