4,402 replies to this topic
Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Super bummer, he and dave were the only members I liked. Kerry King is a f*cking twat and a sh*tty guitar player, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get somebody else to fill in.

RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Friday, May 3 2013, 12:34)
Super bummer, he and dave were the only members I liked. Kerry King is a f*cking twat and a sh*tty guitar player, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get somebody else to fill in.

It's always been apparent that Hanneman has more talent than King, but King's a f*cking asshole and takes credit for everything. Hannemans solo's are always much cleaner and organized, while King tremolo picks and strangles the neck of the guitar...

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

These two songs are simply amazing.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Mastodon confirmed working on new album. Awesome!

gtaIII48
  • gtaIII48

awesome

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

Metallica and Lamb of God are EPIC!

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Damn the new song of Megadeth is pure blast, the other song 'Super Collider' still not can catchy and I like all albums.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Well that second song is wildly blah, and the title track could be one of the worst songs Dave has ever written. Another band that should just f*cking quit. Can say the same for Sabbath while we're at it, those new songs of theirs are awful.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 15:57)
Well that second song is wildly blah, and the title track could be one of the worst songs Dave has ever written. Another band that should just f*cking quit. Can say the same for Sabbath while we're at it, those new songs of theirs are awful.

This is classic late 90s Megadeth, don't know what you're on about.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 23:38)

And Cryptic Writings and Risk were complete sh*t, so hey, you're right about it being "classic late 90's Megadeth". They've been sh*t for years now.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 18:14)
QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 23:38)

And Cryptic Writings and Risk were complete sh*t, so hey, you're right about it being "classic late 90's Megadeth". They've been sh*t for years now.

Just because they are not like Rust In Peace or Peace Sells does not mean they are sh*t. A band can't release the same album for 30 years let alone make them all good (cough.. Slayer, AC/DC). They are actually decent albums. They are same as what Load and ReLoad are to Metallica (although neither Cryptic Writings or Risk are near as good as Load, ReLoad is meh). I see you are just one of those close minded dumbass metalheads that thinks any change in style is bad and/or sellout.

And Megadeth have not been sh*t for years now, 13 was average but Endgame was incredible. I would say it is Megadeth's 4th/5th best album behind Rust In Peace, Peace Sells, Countdown To Extinction and maybe So Far, So Good... So What?

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Where the f*ck did I say I didn't like change? I love change in music, I love when a band mixes it up, I just hate piss poor, run of the mill sh*t, which is what Deth have been since 94. They've been an awful live band for quite some time now to boot. Saw them on the first Gigantour and Dave can't sing worth a damn anymore. Kingmater is just boring, it's Dave on auto pilot aping the Children of the Grave riff over his muttery vocals. Not to mention the production is typical sterile clicky bass drum garbage. Sounds like a typical Andy Sneap mixjob.

On a much better note, new Locrian song is great.

http://pitchfork.com...eternal-return/

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 04:45)
Where the f*ck did I say I didn't like change? I love change in music, I love when a band mixes it up, I just hate piss poor, run of the mill sh*t, which is what Deth have been since 94. They've been an awful live band for quite some time now to boot. Saw them on the first Gigantour and Dave can't sing worth a damn anymore. Kingmater is just boring, it's Dave on auto pilot aping the Children of the Grave riff over his muttery vocals. Not to mention the production is typical sterile clicky bass drum garbage. Sounds like a typical Andy Sneap mixjob.

This.

Did you see that sh*t stain line up for Gigantour this year?? f*ck, I'm going to ask off of work for that one just so I won't be in the same building as Dave.

Picked up the new Jolly and Steak Number Eight recrords. Haven't really listened SNE, but the new Jolly record is fantastic. Check it out.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

I saw, god it looks bad. Stoked for Bolt Thrower though. Actually, Scarface is flying in to Seattle for it, gonna pick him up, and depending on the day he flys in, we might hit up the Kylesa show the day before.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Speaking of bands that change things up, Avenged Sevenfold is working on another album, and Arin Illejay is confirmed as their new drummer. Love their new website!

http://www.avengedsevenfold.com

All the radio channels have a song from that time period, and channel '13' has a teaser of a new song, with radio static and interviews interspersed. Getting a bit of a Sad But True vibe inlove.gif

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Monday, May 20 2013, 06:27)
I saw, god it looks bad. Stoked for Bolt Thrower though. Actually, Scarface is flying in to Seattle for it, gonna pick him up, and depending on the day he flys in, we might hit up the Kylesa show the day before.

You motherf*ckers.

I picked up the Conan/Bongripper and Windhand/Cough splits finally, they f*cking rip. Super stoked to share a stage with Windhand again (and in an old cathedral!). We're playing with Venomous Maximus next month too! http://venomousmaximus.bandcamp.com/

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, May 20 2013, 06:14)

You motherf*ckers.

I picked up the Conan/Bongripper and Windhand/Cough splits finally, they f*cking rip. Super stoked to share a stage with Windhand again (and in an old cathedral!). We're playing with Venomous Maximus next month too! http://venomousmaximus.bandcamp.com/

I just recently started listening to Conan, they're f*cking rad, and that's rad about playing with Windhand! That split rules. Blood Ceremony, White Hills, and Lazer/Wulf are playing with Kylesa.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

anyone heard the new Alice In Chains album? KICKASS

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:08)

You motherf*ckers.

I just recently started listening to Conan, they're f*cking rad, and that's rad about playing with Windhand! That split rules. Blood Ceremony, White Hills, and Lazer/Wulf are playing with Kylesa.

Both shows kicked my f*cking face in, awesome, awesome sh*t. Feels nice to finally own a Bolt Thrower shirt., And Moon, don't get mad, but this is what Seattle has to look forward too later this year, you may want to come out here.

July 10th: Autopsy, Black Breath, Scolex, Bone Sickness

October(Can't remember the date) Godflesh, Nails, Prurient.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:06 PM Edited by headmetalbanger, 04 June 2013 - 12:09 PM.

'Super Collider' from Megadeth in my opinion is still a nice album and my favorites songs are this: Dance in the Rain, Kingmaker, Burn!, Built for War and Don't Turn Your Back. I enjoy all albums includes 'Risk' (my first album I listen many years ago) etc.

Contrary to Metallica only like some songs of 'Kill em All' and 'Ride the Lightning', but not try to make controversy or discussion. tounge.gif

And a nice catchy song from the master Oliva. icon14.gif

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 07:49)
QUOTE (Groovy @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:08)

You motherf*ckers.

Both shows kicked my f*cking face in, awesome, awesome sh*t. Feels nice to finally own a Bolt Thrower shirt., And Moon, don't get mad, but this is what Seattle has to look forward too later this year, you may want to come out here.

July 10th: Autopsy, Black Breath, Scolex, Bone Sickness

October(Can't remember the date) Godflesh, Nails, Prurient.

Black Breath was great at SXSW, and the singer is really f*cking nice. That should be a great show. But I want to f*cking see Autopsy so bad - they're consistently my favorite death metal band in a world of stagnancy and recycled riffs.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

I got to see Black Breath once about 2 years ago opening for Neurosis, they rocked, missed them play with Converge though, so this'll be great. Gonna see Big Business for the 5th time on Wednesday, Gaytheist and Lesbian are opening, gonna be gnarly.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

HOLY f*ck THIS NEW SUMMONING. Going to be my backpacking soundtrack this summer for sure.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

For all POD Farm and Gearbox users, here is how to get a good metal tone. (I made it)

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

Whether you think they are still metal or not, Avenged f*cking Sevenfold is releasing a new album soon, and this sh*t sounds like pure f*cking sex. Words cannot express how epic this sounds to me.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Still?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've been on an absurd Vektor bender for about the last month. Technical thrash genius with a Chuck Schuldiner-aping vocals and plenty of Voivod worship? Oh yes.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

Here's a track I'm working on. Tell me what ya think!

https://soundcloud.c...seabolt/new-mix

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by headmetalbanger, 16 June 2013 - 09:50 PM.

In April new album from SATAN was release and sounds amazing, nice to see again this NWOBHM bands, in the next link on streaming.

http://www.terrorize...entence-stream/

And new song from ANNIHILATOR. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Perfect playlist for a day of Doomination, featuring yours truly at #25.

Playing with Windhand tonight, I'm f*cking stoked.

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

The new My Dying Bride record is f*cking brilliant!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users