• United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

Jason Newkid's old band!

Viciousliquids
  • Viciousliquids

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Any fan of Celtic Frost, Repulsion, early Napalm Death, Slaughter, Pentagram will enjoy this track.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Many respect the Mighty CF here, me for sure! Tom G WARRRRRRRRIIIIIIIOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR!!

Viciousliquids
  • Viciousliquids

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 20:48)
Many respect the Mighty CF here, me for sure! Tom G WARRRRRRRRIIIIIIIOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR!!

word \m/

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

http://www.youtube.c.../necromis1?ob=0

Local metal bands' YT channel, only one vid, sign on and posting from 2007!?? I hope they'll see a message from me I plan to leave! ha ha

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

lol. I really enjoyed this.

I'm also pretty stoked for the new Horseback record. I'm glad to hear that it's closer to Invisible Mountain than The Gorgon Tongue.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:32 AM Edited by Slamman, 18 April 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Alcatrazz last year, GREAT TUNE, of course, original singer, Graham Bonnet

DonutPT
  • DonutPT

IBRACADABRA

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Digital Murders @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 17:00)
QUOTE (Scarface187 @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 15:53)
QUOTE (Digital Murders @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 22:10)
QUOTE (Scarface187 @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 13:53)
Off to see Mastodon, Opeth and Ghost. The one time I actually wish Opeth wasn't headlining. Their last setlist was a huge bummer. I'm not usually one to complain about a lack of songs with death growls but I think this may have been the first time I've been slightly bored by progressive rock. There are a few great songs on Heritage but as a whole...meh.

So then Opeth is headlining these shows? I wasn't sure if they were or not, so I guess then I will be heading to Chi-town to go see them. Sans-growling, doesn't matter, I love me some Opeth. Plus I missed Mastodon last year when they stomped through here, so there's that.

I can't really get in to Ghost, but I heard their live show is pretty fuggin' good.

Opeth and Mastodon are switching who headlines I think. Opeth headlined last night.

Nice, so if all goes as planned, they will be headlining when they hit Chicago.

Also found out that the storm corrosion stuff is up for pre-sale. Just ordered the LP bundle. I have high expectations for this project.

Nice to see people talking about Mastodon and Opeth. I'm new in the forum and i'm kinda suprised, gotta admit.

Anyway, saw Mastodon for the 2nd time on January (first time as headliners) and they were awesome. Much better then the first time i saw them but its not their fault (they only played 45 min on ALIVE festival, in Portugal).

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

Rather then make a new topic for this news clip, Ima post it here

WELCOME to the GTAF, don't get yourself in bad graces 'round here

http://music.msn.com...spx?news=721986

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

This is going to be something, kids. LISTEN! LOUD!

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Got more metal news
SPECIAL magazine issue (10 bucks though) for Pantera fans, worth looking for.
Last interview with Dimebag, they claim

Also another SPECIAL magazine issue celebrating 40 years of Van Halen?!!! I didn't think it was 40 years, but that's what it said

The other news is here....

http://www.mfkdfaq.com/

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:58 PM Edited by 1whitebuddah, 19 April 2012 - 11:01 PM.

hey people, anyone interested in underground metal bands, mainly progressive metal?
check out periphery, cloudkicker(instrumental), animals as leaders(instrumental), tesseract, chimp spanner(instrumental)
meshuggah, the Dillinger escape plan and protest the hero. i realise that a lot of people are not into instrumental music but these bands are really worth checking out(especially if your a guitarist or bassist), groove will be spilling out of your speakers and flooding your house.

and for some progressive jazz metal check out a band called t.r.a.m
or exivious

periphery

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Cloudkicker's pretty cool,

Speaking of instrumental bands, here's this for you guys. f*ck your 420.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:01 PM Edited by Slamman, 20 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

I feel a lotta HATE in this room! hahaha

I dedicate this post to the one, the only EARL ROOT, this is a personal fave of his;

About 6 months before Earl passed, this live performance,

It's a boot, don't expect top notch sound, go for the feel!

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:05 AM Edited by Digital Murders, 22 April 2012 - 05:07 AM.

QUOTE (1whitebuddah @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 16:58)
hey people, anyone interested in underground metal bands, mainly progressive metal?
check out periphery, cloudkicker(instrumental), animals as leaders(instrumental), tesseract, chimp spanner(instrumental)
meshuggah, the Dillinger escape plan and protest the hero. i realise that a lot of people are not into instrumental music but these bands are really worth checking out(especially if your a guitarist or bassist), groove will be spilling out of your speakers and flooding your house.

and for some progressive jazz metal check out a band called t.r.a.m
or exivious

periphery

I actually just saw Periphery and Protest The Hero almost two weeks ago. Both bands were great, the singer from Protest was sick (flu?) but he still seemed to give it his all despite that. Really the show stoppers were Jeff Loomis and The Safety Fire. All the youngns didn't even know who Jeff Loomis was, so they just kind of stood there not knowing what was going on before them. Fools. I wouldn't be so quick to call Animals As Leaders or Dillinger as underground...even Periphery. They've been making quite the name for themselves the past few years.

Anywho, saw the Ghost, Opeth and Mastodon gig a few days after that. Not much to say, it was ace. Still can't get in to Ghost though. I still cannot see what the big deal is. I've met people who don't know who they are and the people that do know, would kill for them. I haven't met anyone who hates them. For the most part, they've got some good tunes, but the vocals are a complete let down for me. I don't dislike Ghost, they're just kind of....well...it's been done before...and better.

Opeth was fantastic. It was a good surprise to hear them play some heavier stuff. I suppose to get the crowd warmed up for Mastodon. I actually met Mike as I left a bar near the venue before the show. Awesome guy, shy, but awesome.

Mastodon was alright. Their set was pretty much all over the place. Nothing from Remission though. I really would like to hear Trainwreck live.

Anyone celebrate record store day? I couldn't get my hands on any of the Maston splits (Feist/The flaming lips) or Steven Wilson and Crosses. But I did get a Boris, Black Mountain, Dark Throne and Electric Wizard vinyl. So it wasn't a complete bust. I'll give it a few days before I can order the other stuff from the introweb.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

I'm up at the Cabin and set to miss this show, otherwise I'd be video-taping it for YouTube.
Very much bummed right now, Would love my own tape of Morticia!!

http://blogs.citypag...l_earl_root.php

As always R. I. P. Mr. Earl Root. Gone but NEVER EVER forgotten

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Digital Murders @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 00:05)
Anyone celebrate record store day? I couldn't get my hands on any of the Maston splits (Feist/The flaming lips) or Steven Wilson and Crosses. But I did get a Boris, Black Mountain, Dark Throne and Electric Wizard vinyl. So it wasn't a complete bust. I'll give it a few days before I can order the other stuff from the introweb.

Man, I had no idea Steven Wilson was doing something. sh*t! All I got was a RSD exclusive release from one of my friends' folk bands.

Also, awesome grabs. What records did you get?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:05 AM Edited by Slamman, 23 April 2012 - 11:16 PM.

While I am really down about not taking part in the anniversary, They did use MY video for the article, and I am proud of that, VERY proud. I made Earl Root's wife/widow very happy with all my coverage I shot

Try this link for the show, I used VideoLAN for the stream, but it won't save to the HDD cache, you need a special app that caps streaming content

http://www.kfai.org/node/43428

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

f*cking Weedians, just caught an update from Sleep's official facebook page. I want it. Is anybody going to any of these shows? I would pay for or be willing to trade merch for it, including shipping.

user posted image

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Wonder what happened to those forum signatures about "99 percent of kids today listen to rap/rock, if you're part of the 1 % who don't , put this in your sig"
That thing went a bit nuts for awhile, now you never see them

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Because it was f*cking stupid.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 15:45)
f*cking Weedians, just caught an update from Sleep's official facebook page. I want it. Is anybody going to any of these shows? I would pay for or be willing to trade merch for it, including shipping.

user posted image

Possibly going to one of the Seattle dates, I can maybe pick you up one of these.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

No doubt it was stupid, but it was EVERYWHERE like some damn meme! haha

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 13:18)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FHvUS.jpg[IMG]

Possibly going to one of the Seattle dates, I can maybe pick you up one of these.

f*cking rad, when are the dates? That reminds me, I'm going to be in Seattle in September.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Just been reading about the new Baroness album, due in July. They released artwork not long back. As always, it looks stellar.

user posted image

The only thing I think of when I see it is how good it would look as a sleeve tattoo.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

I think a lot of his more colorful artwork would look fantastic in tattoo form, but I think I like the Blue or Red covers better.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 12:11)
QUOTE (Groovy @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 13:18)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FHvUS.jpg[IMG]

f*cking rad, when are the dates? That reminds me, I'm going to be in Seattle in September.

June 3rd or 4th. Like I said, I don't know yet if I'm going to make it or not, but if I do, and if they have that poster, or any kickass looking ones, I'll snag you one.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Can't think of the guy, but the artist behind Entombed's Left Hand Path, really like his work

DonutPT
  • DonutPT

IBRACADABRA

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Earthless. Enough said

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 00:16)
Can't think of the guy, but the artist behind Entombed's Left Hand Path, really like his work

Dan Seagrave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users