4,565 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (matthew1g @ Mar 1 2009, 18:59)
Is there anyway to remove the Windows explorer task group as shown and get them to show as single tasks on the bar?

Right-click on the taskbar > Properties > Uncheck 'Group similar taskbar buttons'.

Simple. smile.gif

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

Trust me, I'm a pipe smoker

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

/facepalm

thanks smile.gif

Lt. Dan
  • Lt. Dan

¡Demasiado tío!

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:53 AM

What the hell do I do with a .rar file? I can't extract it or anything. The one I have contains several audio files but I have no idea how to get to them. I tried sending the .rar file to a zipped one then extracting it, but then it's just the .rar file again!

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:26 AM

Google WinRar and download it. It's just as easy as installing WR and double-clicking on the file.

For future reference, if you ever have a file that you cannot open, simply type the name of the file (ex: .rar) into google and it should give you some helpful hints.

TheSamurai Hobo
  • TheSamurai Hobo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (TheSamurai Hobo @ Feb 28 2009, 11:32)
QUOTE (Sweets @ Feb 28 2009, 00:49)
QUOTE (TheSamurai Hobo @ Feb 27 2009, 08:19)
QUOTE (TheSamurai Hobo @ Jan 17 2009, 11:44)
QUOTE (Warlord. @ Jan 17 2009, 00:32)
Clear your internet cache and try again.

You could also try resetting your router/modem and see if it helps.

Have you tried using a different browser? Try Opera and see if its the same in that.

Tried that, no go.
~
Resetting the router doesn't work.
~
I tried IE and it is working..

(edit again)

I think I'll just download and use Opera for YouTube (f*cking FF3 whatsthat.gif )

(final edit) I might even make the switch to Opera.. I like it. Especially since I can see embedded youtube vids

Bump.

Happening again.

Cleared cache/cookies

Help?

*Google Chrome, Opera, FF3, IE7 all can not load youtube

What OS are you on?

If it's XP:
Click Start > Run
Then type "cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns"

If it's Vista:
Click Start > All Programs > Accessories
Then right click "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator"
In the window that pops up type "ipconfig /flushdns"

If it's successful you should see "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"

Then try google/youtube again.

Also, try this link http://209.85.133.99/

Does that take you to google, or is it blocked as well?

How about this one for youtube?
http://208.65.153.253/

@other topic
You can discuss limewire (even though it's sh*t), there's a damn pinned topic on this. If nobody else has brought up illegal downloads, you shouldn't either. That said, since I don't use that garbage I can't help with it.

The flushing DNS did not work, but the IPs do icon14.gif

Btw, yes I'm on XP

update: now the video's have the message "We're sorry this video is no longer available"

sad.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

Try reinstalling the latest FlashPlayer wink.gif .

TheSamurai Hobo
  • TheSamurai Hobo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Mar 3 2009, 09:23)
Try reinstalling the latest FlashPlayer wink.gif .

I actually did that about a day ago bored.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

I've got a problem with my PC. The thing is I've started to never turn my PC off I've been doing it about a week or two. The reason why is because whenever I turn it off, leave it come back to it the next morning and turn it off it never starts up properly. I mean I'll turn it on normally and when it does work you usually hear a beep coming from the tower and everything's okay. But when it doesn't want to work, I'll turn it on and never hear that beep and it will give me a blank screen. I've been trying to think why this might happen, but I'm pretty clueless, anyone know what the problem might be? Also sometimes when I start up the PC and it decides to boot it will sometimes freeze on me for no reason during startup.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Could be any number of things: PSU, mobo, hdd, RAM
Try starting up in SafeMode?
Try booting with a LiveCD like Knoppix or Ubuntu; this will be narrow the problem down to OS or hardware.

rmmstnr
  • rmmstnr

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:08 AM Edited by rmmstnr, 07 March 2009 - 02:02 AM.

Can somebody tell me how to run "Sysytem Restore? I keep getting "a device hooked up to the system is not operating properly" when I use "run as" on the system restore shortcut (clicking has no effect). The computer won't boot up normally, and the "last usable settings" option doesn't work either. It always takes me to a screen to choose "Open windows normally" (doesn't work), "Open using last usable settings" (doesn't work), or a number of safe modes (works but can't do much, everything looks weird).

I don't know how to fix what-ever's messed up and I can't run check disk because that requires that I restart the computer (I tried).

I HATE SHARING A COMPUTER WITH A BUNCH OF F-TARDS!!!
Oh yeah, I'm running windows XP

I just love how I can instantly kill any thread where it stands, no matter how long lived or popular it may be.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

I have a 3-pin fan I'm trying to run off of a floppy power connector. My CET teacher told me I could just connect the ground wire to anywhere on the case, is this right, or will I blow up my entire system?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (rmmstnr @ Mar 6 2009, 20:08)
Can somebody tell me how to run "Sysytem Restore? I keep getting "a device hooked up to the system is not operating properly" when I use "run as" on the system restore shortcut (clicking has no effect). The computer won't boot up normally, and the "last usable settings" option doesn't work either. It always takes me to a screen to choose "Open windows normally" (doesn't work), "Open using last usable settings" (doesn't work), or a number of safe modes (works but can't do much, everything looks weird).

I don't know how to fix what-ever's messed up and I can't run check disk because that requires that I restart the computer (I tried).

I HATE SHARING A COMPUTER WITH A BUNCH OF F-TARDS!!!
Oh yeah, I'm running windows XP

I just love how I can instantly kill any thread where it stands, no matter how long lived or popular it may be.

If you have an XP install disc you can boot from there and go into the Recovery Console and run chkdsk from there.
When it asks for the Administrator password, that means from the Administrator not you're own personally account.

@leik oh em jeez!
The ground wire from where?
The floppy connector has a ground wire as well so connecting it to the ground on the fan's wires shouldn't be an issue.
In theory yes it should be safe but I don't see why you would need to.
I'm guessing there are no 3-pin ports for case fans on the mobo, which would be the ideal place to connect it.
I believe there an adapter that you can get to convert 3-pin fan connectors to 4-pin molex

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Wolf68k @ Mar 7 2009, 01:29)
The ground wire from where?
The floppy connector has a ground wire as well so connecting it to the ground on the fan's wires shouldn't be an issue.
In theory yes it should be safe but I don't see why you would need to.
I'm guessing there are no 3-pin ports for case fans on the mobo, which would be the ideal place to connect it.
I believe there an adapter that you can get to convert 3-pin fan connectors to 4-pin molex

The ground Wire on the fan. haven't messed with it in a while, but I remeber the fan having +5v, -5v, and ground, but the floppy power connector has +12v, -12v, +5v, and -5v...

And I know I could use a molex adapter, but I don't have one, and don't have the time or money to waste in getting one.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:16 AM Edited by copperwire93, 09 March 2009 - 10:20 AM.

Someone please help me! How can i sign in to GFWL? every time i try to sign in it said i have internet problem, but i can browse internet. Tried the start menu GFWL it said i need to resolve something, i don't understand what i have done wrong. sad.gif

Edit: Problem solved, just need to install the hotfix update from microsoft smile.gif

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Mar 7 2009, 01:21)
I have a 3-pin fan I'm trying to run off of a floppy power connector. My CET teacher told me I could just connect the ground wire to anywhere on the case, is this right, or will I blow up my entire system?

A computer is not a car, you don't just connect the ground to the case.

It may be possible for it to work, but typically you should use the ground wire in the floppy connector.

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Master raced so hard I couldn't even

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

Is it posible to join two partitions in only one without losing the data in them?

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (VinnyGouveia @ Mar 10 2009, 17:11)
Is it posible to join two partitions in only one without losing the data in them?

Yes, I believe you just clear out on entire partition (format it, and make sure it's a matching format), then merge them. I use Paragon Partition Manager, but I'm pretty sure you can just do it through Windows although I couldn't tell you how.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:55 AM

I've got a External Hard Drive that fails to be recognized after a restart, it needs to be reconnected every time. Could never work out why but after just having my PSU replaced it started working as it should, I thought it was the PSU which had done it but I've just found out the reason. When I was trying to determine if my PSU was dead one of the things I did was reset the BIOS battery. Today I went to start up my second XP partition when my keyboard failed to let me choose at the boot menu so I went into the BIOS and found the only USB related setting being Legacy USB Support and changed that to Auto from Disabled. The keyboard works at the boot menu but my External HDD is back to its annoying self. Does anyone one know why this is happening and what I can do?

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Mar 11 2009, 15:55)
I've got a External Hard Drive that fails to be recognized after a restart, it needs to be reconnected every time. Could never work out why but after just having my PSU replaced it started working as it should, I thought it was the PSU which had done it but I've just found out the reason. When I was trying to determine if my PSU was dead one of the things I did was reset the BIOS battery. Today I went to start up my second XP partition when my keyboard failed to let me choose at the boot menu so I went into the BIOS and found the only USB related setting being Legacy USB Support and changed that to Auto from Disabled. The keyboard works at the boot menu but my External HDD is back to its annoying self. Does anyone one know why this is happening and what I can do?

This problem happened to me once, I only have to choose right USB port which is at the back of CPU. Maybe it is electric related

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

I turned off UAC so I could run a patch that would allow custom themes. But now whenever I try to turn it back on, the option doesn't stay checked. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but now I can't install fonts, applications, nothing. It just wont pop up the thing that asks for the admin password. Any help?
I'm running Vista btw.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

Try typing the admin password...

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Mar 12 2009, 19:48)
Try typing the admin password...

It doesn't give me the option to. confused.gif

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:05 AM Edited by copperwire93, 13 March 2009 - 01:44 PM.

I canceled the question, don't want to give trouble to members. Maybe my question is a stupid one too. tounge.gif

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

So, I have the full version of FRAPS. It was working fine on my other computer, but now, when it records videos, it gets the sound from my microphone, not from the game. Is there anyway to fix it?

I'm using a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ450AN.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:56 AM Edited by Master Headhunter, 14 March 2009 - 07:58 AM.

Right guys random occurrence here that seems to be taking ground in the just the latest thing to thoroughly irritate me.
I keep getting these random login boxes in the relam of my router, keeping in mind i've never had to bother with these logins like this before.
This latest one is apparently from 'microsoft'
but there is not more then 2 hours in between these damned things.
Take a look and see if you guys can't help a brother out.

And oddly enough when i went to upload the damned cap imageshack asked me to login just like this box below.....the hell is going on here.

this certainly has red flags being thrown all up for me right now confused.gif
user posted image

any help would be greatly appreciated

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (VinnyGouveia @ Mar 14 2009, 07:24)
So, I have the full version of FRAPS. It was working fine on my other computer, but now, when it records videos, it gets the sound from my microphone, not from the game. Is there anyway to fix it?

Did you try unplugging the microphone?

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

If you can't fix it, then you could always try putting an audio cable from your Audio out into your microphone socket, and then record smile.gif .

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (VinnyGouveia @ Mar 14 2009, 06:24)

The same thing happened to me, I unplugged my headphone and it can get sound from game. Try that!

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Mar 14 2009, 04:57)
QUOTE (VinnyGouveia @ Mar 14 2009, 07:24)

Did you try unplugging the microphone?

Yes, but then it started recording from the microphone that's inside the notebook or something.

I'll try to plug an audio cable from the output into the input.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

Open up the volume control. You'll find an option to mute the microphone under the recorder settings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users