• Members

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:13 AM

@ Red * : Dude, that is truly awesome. Is it really 3mil polies wow.gif

AzO
  • AzO

All rights reserved©

• Members

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

@*RedStar*: Indeed, man. Amazing work there smile.gif .

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:02 PM

This car has had a rebuild front and back as seen here:

user posted image
user posted image

Now all I need to do is the rear section, to liven it up, and something on the right rear part of the roof.

chris_swatton
  • chris_swatton

WIERD NUTTER

• Members

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

alien.gif yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo alien.gif

picture

user posted image

120.000 polies later and only the caliper body has mesh smooth 1 on it.
The rest is just mesh modeled.

bye all

snoops gnikcuf <<

alien.gif

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:53 PM Edited by Burner, 24 February 2007 - 10:01 PM.

Here are some new cars:

2000 Chevrolet Astro Dub Edition:

user posted image
user posted image

More:

http://www.tjbp.net/upload/00cat1.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/00cat4.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/00cat5.jpg

This is based off a 1/18th scale model I have. The wheels are diferent and the flames are way more detailed. Model is 5342 and 2650 per wheel. Wheels are Dub Esinem.

1963 Chevrolet Corvette custom:
user posted image
user posted image

More:

http://www.tjbp.net/upload/63ccv5.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/63ccv8.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/63ccv9.jpg

This is built from an older model from 2002. I upped the polycount, added some custom touches, new wheels, and custom paint. Polycount is 5160 for model and 2534 per wheel.

1970 Dodge Challenger Dick Landy version:
user posted image
user posted image

More:

http://www.tjbp.net/upload/70dcd2.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/70dcd4.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/70dcd5.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/70dcd6.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/70dcd7.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/70dcd8.jpg

This was made from a NFS carbon model someone sent me. It started out as a 71 challenger. I changed it to a 70 with new front and rear ends. I also made it a replica of a one of a kind 70 Challenger that Chrysler built for one of their racers, Dick Landy. It featured a one of a kind paint job with factory champagne color and unique graphics, and had unique front fenders, as they were more radiused and flared out than normal. Also, the top was changed to a vinyl top with diferent backglass than the Carbon model. Polycount is 9251 for body and 1535 per wheel.

2003 Ford Cobra Concept.
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/03cfc1.jpg
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/03cfc2.jpg

Not very far along. Wheels are done and the very simplest of an early shape is started. Should be done by my next post. Wheels are 1974 apeice.

1995 Volvo 850 Wagon:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Engine closeup:
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/95vsw4.jpg

Just started this for San Andreas. It'll have all the San An features. Full interior and damage modeling is still to be done. Model was applied to single colors for pictures, but nothing is final except the wheels. The main model is 3901, engine/chassis detail is 6033, and wheels are 1368 apeice. I'm trying to keep the polycount below 20000 for everything. It is at 15410 currently. BTW, That white part on the edge of the front bumper is part of the chassis modeling from where the bumper can fall off is showing through. Itll be fixed.

Im accepting offers on someone to finish the volvo when it gets done. Just PM me and I will get back to you. It will be a week or two before I can reply, as I dont have internet currently and this is being posted from a buddy of mines house.

richard the pissed
  • richard the pissed

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

user posted image

i swair to god this will be fun to drive.

CJ_vs_Tommy
  • CJ_vs_Tommy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (chris_swatton @ Feb 24 2007, 21:14)
alien.gif yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo alien.gif

picture

bye all

snoops gnikcuf <<

alien.gif

Chris o do some fine ass modeling but do u ever relese anything and arent they polymonsters that would crash the game if so?

GTA_Hacker
  • GTA_Hacker

Amatuer Modeler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:37 AM

damn burner im lovin your collection! the volvo is definatly goin in my game.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:37 AM

wow.gif nice Burner! Make a BTCC version....pleeeease? tounge.gif

Nice work going on in here. I've got this to add...to ruin it all lol.

user posted image

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:46 AM

Wow, looking good in game there. Beefier than I expected.
It is over scaled a little bit by the looks of it, looks more like an small SUV/crossover size vehicle compared to CJ.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:38 AM

Aye is maybe a little on the big size, will be sorted by the final though. Golfs are surprisingly large anyway, when we parked one next to me mates 306 anyway.

richard the pissed
  • richard the pissed

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Feb 25 2007, 06:38)
Aye is maybe a little on the big size, will be sorted by the final though. Golfs are surprisingly large anyway, when we parked one next to me mates 306 anyway.

wha? I could only say the last two models of golf were huge really. not like the SA club though, what were they somking when they made that? (plus a v8 and twin big bores wtf)

LT.Diablo
  • LT.Diablo

I'm with the stars now...

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (CJ_vs_Tommy @ Feb 25 2007, 00:32)
QUOTE (chris_swatton @ Feb 24 2007, 21:14)
alien.gif yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo  alien.gif

picture

bye all

snoops gnikcuf <<

alien.gif

Chris o do some fine ass modeling but do u ever relese anything and arent they polymonsters that would crash the game if so?

I wouldn't think it would crash the game, I think its more likely that the graphics card will max out before the game at rendering polys.
I could be wrong though, it is a shame he hasn't released anything, his enzo is absolutely insane, but I guess its better to look than touch tounge2.gif .

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

^^well, it is the ppc so anything shown isn't necessarily required for release tounge2.gif

tho I think getting an uberly high detailed model into the game would be taxing to the game tounge.gif it'd be like having the combined efforts of all SA cars and islands jammed into one car and gone driving it all around at a speed tounge.gif

chris_swatton
  • chris_swatton

WIERD NUTTER

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:24 PM

alien.gif yo yo yo mo fo ho with a yo yo yo alien.gif

lol ouch to put any of my high poly stuff ingame would kill gta with the textures alone.

car poly counts

body of Porsche 911 GT3 = 60.008

user posted image

50% finished Enzo = 941.573 polies

user posted image

40% finished wierd concept car = 1.298.969 polies

user posted image

40% finished VW W12 = 1.458.459 polies

user posted image

35% finished Mclaren F1 LM = 1.518.402

user posted image

And many more but im not showing them yet.
Even my lower poly cars are guna be like 150.000 polies plus.
all my high poly models have atleast 40 differant textures to
convert that in zmodeler would be a nightmare. And the other
thing is my high poly stuff just dont look good in gta so it would be a bit silly realy.
If i ever finish my lower poly stuff tho ill try to get them ingame but dont count on that lol

But for now im off to keep modeling my stuff and keep up all that grovey work all.

rolleyes.gif <me

spoons are evil so watch out they do bite ?

TATTERS

bye

alien.gif

Mercie
  • Mercie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

I remember that Porche! Damn shame we never went as planned, though maybe at some point I'll make a body texture to help it some. Anyhow, all look nice, except the McLaren has some odd texture flaws. You oughta remap the carbon a bit, maybe even tile it some more.

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

This started out as a free 3d model although I was unhappy with some bits and rebuilt them, still need to rebuild more of it aswell. Mapped the front area and the dashboard and that's about it for now.

user posted image

zizione
  • zizione

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:09 AM Edited by zizione, 26 February 2007 - 12:29 AM.

i agree.... chris swatton your cars are really nice BUT this is the mod showroom for mods for gta ,you have no intensions of releasing them or making them for gta. if your so good at modelling why cant you make a low poly car?? do you find that to difficult a challange ????? remember this is the mod showroom for mods for gta !!!!!!

EMOPAT--- read the top of the page please dummy
The Mod Showroom is only for posting previews/downloads of completed or near finished mods.

ok

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Not true. This is the Picture Post & Commentary topic, that doesn't mean everything here is going to go into Grand Theft Auto. This is just a topic where people can show off their vehicle mods, whether they plan on releasing them or not. Some people just model for the hell of it, you know.

Mercie
  • Mercie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:06 AM

And many people find the limits provided by the GTASA rendering system to be inadequet for their enjoyment. As challenging as it is to make a vehicle look good in a 7,000 poly environment, it is a greater challenge to make as much detail as possible with polies as a direct correlation.

I agree with EmoPat, people can post any model in here, whether for the game or not. In the past week or so, this topic has gotten about 60 posts. Thats pathetic. Even moreso considering the content of said posts. I don't think hindering any presentation of models is te best course of action here.

And something that many people may be wondering... Who the hell are you and why are you trying to correct veteran-ish members with small technicalities?

edit// Since when did GTAF have so many damn popups? Never noticed with a blocker, but damn!

RoxRox
  • RoxRox

Deutscher Schäferhund

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:28 AM

Speaking of things that will never be finished or put ingame, does anybody have a 1980s Ford Econoline (or similar... e-series I think is similar) blueprint lying around anywhere? I cannot find one on SMCars, and I'd really like to model it, seeing as my family owns one.

It'd be a nice little test for me too, cause I'd like to put some nice scratch-made textures on it.

86 is the specific year, but I believe the body style is shared with a few other years.

Oh, and, to make this post a little relevant, I will MAY come back to modelling for SA if I can possibly be arsed to pull myself away from FlatOut2 and Silent Hill 2.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:53 AM

With regards to high poly models, the statements on all these post make me wanna rant.

As a converter, my main role is finding models I consider worth adding to GTA, then I get permission and convert.

9 times out of 10, the models I prefer are way too high poly to be suitable as a game model... same goes for the textures.

But why give up there? What? You don't think there's not like 500 tools out there for poly reduction that do a nice job, and preview the results as you are doing it...

My first mission I set myself after coming to this attitude was to select the highest poly model I could find, and have a go at getting it in game. In the end what I had was a process for taking big models, and an understanding of the symptoms when something just isn't working. I now have several tools I employ to this end:

Vizup - http://www.vizup.com/
This one's my fave - it shows you the results in preview before doing the conversion.

Chisel - http://www2.hrp.no/v...sel/install.htm
Works on vrml, but I often find myself having to juggle formats & redo UV mapping to suit that of a GTA vehicle.

There's others, but I find those two the best.

Since developing this approach, I have converted many high poly vehicles - including a Dalek and a Mosquito (click to see an image of them)... both remain relatively high poly, but nowhere near what they were originally.

In all cases the original modeller was amazed with the results and considered putting the thing in game would have been impossible - please don't think this - think how fun it would be to zip about in a light version of your masterpiece.

My 2c

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (zizione @ Feb 26 2007, 00:09)
The Mod Showroom is only for posting previews/downloads of completed or near finished mods

QUOTE (EmoPat @ Feb 26 2007, 00:11)
This is just a topic where people can show off their vehicle mods

Just because it isn't going ingame doesn't mean it isn't a mod. How about you come back to the topic when you have some experience in modding.

@Mercie: Yeah, I tried GTAF without a popup blocker and I got so many popups it took half an hour to load a page. Since that incident I've never had mine off.

zizione
  • zizione

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:40 AM Edited by zizione, 26 February 2007 - 07:49 AM.

emopat
double post you no im right folks so why say that ??

RoxRox
  • RoxRox

Deutscher Schäferhund

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (zizione @ Feb 25 2007, 23:40)
emopat
if your talking to me about experience, im more experienced than you and many folk here ...now i been modelling for many years for the gta community so f*** off man im getting tired of all these convertions and folk that think there great, and im posting under a different name just now as my computer is brocken.i use another name i make maps for gta and cars also so get a life man --also im not hassling chris im putting my point over if its not a mod for gta why show it here this is for gta modding ok give me your addresss and the next time im in your country ill come and see ya ok dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif
and you should no better mercie tounge2.gif

Uhm, go away. NOW.

zizione
  • zizione

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

emopat
if your talking to me about experience, im more experienced than you and many folk here ...now i been modelling for many years for the gta community . Im posting under a different name just now as my computer is brocken.i use another name i make maps for gta and cars also so get a life man --also im not hassling chris im putting my point over if its not a mod for gta why show it here this is for gta modding i come here to see folks mods for the gta game not things that take up space and will never go ingame id much prefer less posts but of real mods ---not dreams of stuff that wont go ingame ---this is my view ok dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif dozingoff.gif
and you should no better mercie tounge2.gif

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (zizione @ Feb 26 2007, 09:47)
emopat
if your talking to me about experience, im more experienced than you and many folk here ...

Well cry me a river. If others want to show their work here just let them post. I like to see all kind of projects what people are making and so does many others I could say. Why should it always relate to GTA

If you're experienced modder why don't you show your work then?

[/ot]

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

No one said this topic is for GTA-based mods. This is a topic for showing off car models in general. So dude, how about stop acting like you're hot sh*t and show us some of your kick-ass work, huh? rolleyes.gif

If you're not and you just come here to be a total wanker, go to this topic.

lolool.

bjiz
  • bjiz

Poly pleasure

• Members

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:55 AM

Good Zizione, be a one track pony then, never do anything else than GTA modding.

For me and a few others it was just a start here, I learned a lot from the people around these forums and they helped me to continue. Now i'm more into higher poly models and animationfilms, but I still like to come here sometimes and comment on people's work and try to help them improving their skills. Not that i'm the best one out there, but one tries to help wherever he can...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users