Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

Really great! I would really love to see cel-shading in GTA. cookie.gif

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (flatface @ Apr 16 2008, 04:24)
i can't figure out wtf this mod is lol.. can someone explain it to an idiot?

lol.gif wow, um... basically it adds a few files into the game and lets you change some settings. The VC Weather Mod lets you modify the weather, like the amount of hours of sunny day and rain by simply editing a .cfg file. It also lets you install snow to Vice City to replace the thunderstorms (but you will need TXD Workshop to install snow). VC Traffic lets you control the amount of cars/peds that will spawn at a certain time of day. I modified it so that there are rush hours 5-7:00 and 17-19:00 and literally no cars or peds at night. It can also edit certain driver's behaviours. You can make male pedestrians very violent and will pursue you if you hit their car like some peds do in San Andreas. That's basically it.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

About VC:Graphics - I didn't pursue while dexx was working on vc:gfx. He has turned this mod over to me now. Unfortunately he didn't turn over the source code to me. Development on VC:Gfx is post-poned for as along as I don't have hardware that supports DirectX 8, at least.

As for updates: wrt VC:Weather I am lacking ideas, if anyone has any meaningful inspiration feel free to post them. As for VC:Traffic, I am currently preparing for a mod idea of mine: GTA Highspeed. I have been modiying VC:Traffic successfully so that I can influence the *driving skill* of ped driver, at least to some degree. The basic idea is to be able to create better and faster street races. What would be needed would be someone capable of scripting some races and either someone who can create new custom cars for GTA Highspeed or at least someone who is willing to pm car creators, asking them for permission to include their cars in the mod. Realtime reflections would have been nice but are probably out of scope without Dexx around.

Oh and I have been improving on the spawning system. You know, especially with peds, they used to disappear to some degree or spawn only in intervals and then at great numbers. The next version of VC:Traffic will improve on that greatly, I think. A new release is due about next week unless I come across more features I would like to implement.

Again, if someone has any traffic related requests, feel free to post them.

Alex

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (The Kirbster @ Apr 16 2008, 23:46)

lol.gif wow, um... basically it adds a few files into the game and lets you change some settings. The VC Weather Mod lets you modify the weather, like the amount of hours of sunny day and rain by simply editing a .cfg file. It also lets you install snow to Vice City to replace the thunderstorms (but you will need TXD Workshop to install snow). VC Traffic lets you control the amount of cars/peds that will spawn at a certain time of day. I modified it so that there are rush hours 5-7:00 and 17-19:00 and literally no cars or peds at night. It can also edit certain driver's behaviours. You can make male pedestrians very violent and will pursue you if you hit their car like some peds do in San Andreas. That's basically it.

lol thanks dude, i kinda skimmed through didn't get it but you explained it nice n good tounge.gif .. pretty sad for someone like me to not understand lmao

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (flatface @ Apr 17 2008, 15:35)
QUOTE (The Kirbster @ Apr 16 2008, 23:46)

lol thanks dude, i kinda skimmed through didn't get it but you explained it nice n good tounge.gif .. pretty sad for someone like me to not understand lmao

The target audience isn't so much gamers but people writing TCs who want to give their TC/map some extra shine. So no worry about not getting it. wink.gif

Alex

E_vilestro
  • E_vilestro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hi there, I really like the sound of this mod, but I can't download it either, whenever I click on download all I get is a blank page. sad.gif

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (E_vilestro @ Jun 7 2008, 11:41)
Hi there, I really like the sound of this mod, but I can't download it either, whenever I click on download all I get is a blank page. sad.gif

Here's VC: Weather
And here's VC: Traffic

You'll need a file from VC: Weather to use VC: Traffic, so make sure you download both. smile.gif

E_vilestro
  • E_vilestro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

Tried the link. It leads me to GTAgarage, I click on download, shows me the thing I am about to download, I click on download and I still see the blank page.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (E_vilestro @ Jun 7 2008, 20:03)
Tried the link. It leads me to GTAgarage, I click on download, shows me the thing I am about to download, I click on download and I still see the blank page.

For me the download works as normal.

Alex

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (E_vilestro @ Jun 7 2008, 12:03)

Maybe you don't have the right program for downloading? WinRAR is the best, though your computer should have some sort of thing that opens up ZIP files by default.

E_vilestro
  • E_vilestro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:50 AM Edited by E_vilestro, 21 August 2008 - 08:51 PM.

Its more like the problem that SteaVor had, can someone send it to me?

failure13
  • failure13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

AK-73

I'm in absolute love with your VC.Traffic!!!

Thank you so much for such a tool, that allows to tweak LOD and distance, which was the most extreme downside of Vice city!

Got question, of won't there be any problems in your opinion with this VC Project 2DFX mode? (i mean about limits of on/off screen objects and stuff like that)

http://gtaforums.com...a-project-2dfx/

And also i have few suggestions and my personal wish things that you could implement to make it absolute perfection:

1. Parked car spawn distance, coz in conjuction with Project 2DFX that would be about the only thing left in game that pop-in-your-face!

2. I found that when you're in car - there are much less peds, but when you're on foot, they multiply much more dense and varies spwan positions greatly, probably you could make some vars to tweak peds while you in car / peds while you on foot multipliers separately?

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

I placed the VCTraffic ASI file and it's cfg file in my VC directory and it seems to remove all the pedestrians.

ok?
  • ok?

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

People, please give a good vc_traffic.cfg! With a normal amount of pedestrians and vehicles. I have a problem with the number of pedestrians...Configure fails. Please help. 

Sorry for my bad English  :rol: 

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

http://pastebin.com/QTGK6LVj
  • ok? likes this

ok?
  • ok?

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Thank you very much!

biggamer1
  • biggamer1

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

my gta vc is crashing even with the default files from download help pls

TJGM
  • TJGM

Big Homie

• Modding Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

AK-73 hasn't been around in two years and I doubt he'll ever update these mods. Before I lock, biggamer1 make sure you installed it correctly, no other mods are conflicting and that you're using the game version that the mod supports, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users