[General] Ships in the City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic
Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

That sounds good. I was wondering how the ferry would work with only 1 port for it.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:03 PM

Bump.
So, are there any developments on this?

Also, reading the previous posts, it should be noted that it would be easy to make a functional ramp to the boat threw mission coding... you could even do the Packer thing you guys wanted, but there isn't much need, as you can just attach a ramp map object to the ship and make it controllable by the player via the SCM.
Oh, you don't even have to make it controllable because the ship will still sail fine with the ramp still on, even if its touching water, I believe.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:42 PM

Well I haven't touched the thing since.
Haven't gotten any word with GTAuron on the docking area for it yet either...
You ever even start that buddy? tounge2.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:05 PM

Made a few odd buildings but no landscaping of the lot yet...tbh there's enough places to warrant a Ferry already, I say just release it.

Any idea of a company logo though?

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:03 AM Edited by [DRuG]NikT, 11 April 2007 - 09:32 AM.

Picolini, your barge is way better than any of the ones Bill Gates made - love it! (I bet your one goes faster than Windows Vista, too).

Seriously though, what is the timeline for Myriad, I'd be interested in doing a refined version of the aircraft carrier, if that suits the spec of the project... I understand it may be questionable, depending on your policies with regards to (re)using rockstar's models.

Also, while reading the posts where you were all trying to think of a way to build a ramp, I couldn't help but think about the wet dock in the rear of the carrier... when I had the handling set with the ship up high in the water, any boat I drove up in there had the tendency to get carried along a bit - and it's got me thinking.....

A boat carrier?

This, or any boat with a ramp/wet dock at the back could be used to drive things up from the ground. Peepz could beach the rear of the vehicle to do quick puckup/dropoffs.

And hmmm a ferry/car barge/transport company.... Wet Tunnel Transport? nah too gross..

what about a further play on windows' barge-like properties... the placement/font sizes for this would kinda seal the gag - perhaps

AQUA WINDOWS
barge professionals

Just some ideas... Love the project people - many thanks! user posted image

gameznerd
  • gameznerd

WW2 Recruite

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

Is the ferry coming in MI ore not?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

Temporary Closed

- untill someone just starts making something an industrial area for big cargo ships, with cranes etc is an option for myriad islands, and cause myriad already has some lots which are used for these functions i will just temp close this topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users