Photo

weird things-- I died and respawned at the stadium

19 replies to this topic
m0mm0m
  • m0mm0m

Crackhead

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

I'm putting this up because I got "WASTED" on vice city but I was returned to the stadium with all of my weapons.

CRAZY bored.gif

Knowledge Novice
  • Knowledge Novice

* Extended Break *

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:16 AM

Where were you at when you got wasted. Were you on a mission at the time?

WILLY1
  • WILLY1

WILLY1

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:20 AM

that happened to me before

omega_c
  • omega_c

Pimpin' it up

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

More info?
Where did you die? Were you using cheats? Were you in a car?

thx.

m0mm0m
  • m0mm0m

Crackhead

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Knowledge Novice @ Jan 31 2007, 02:16)
Where were you at when you got wasted. Were you on a mission at the time?

I don't think so.

m0mm0m
  • m0mm0m

Crackhead

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (WILLY1 @ Jan 31 2007, 03:20)
that happened to me before

did you have all of your weapons

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

very wierd

never happen to me

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:23 AM Edited by Spuds725, 16 February 2007 - 03:38 AM.

This has happened to me...

This has been discussed before-- but it is fairly rare and been a while for me-- I'm relatively certain I figured out what causes this though...

In the VC recordbook (link in my sig) I was working on my stats for bloodring back in 2003 or 2004...and this happened afterwards... when you die in the bloodring, you don't die, you just fail the mission and are transported outside the stadium with all your weapons....

Now, if I remember correctly, If you fail the bloodring (run out of time), or pass it (it will not occur if you die in the bloodring) after your exit the stadium event, the effect of the dying carries over outside... so if you die, you are transported back to the stadium, with all your weapons. I think it will change your clothes back to street clothes (its been a while since I did this)

The effect will not carryover if you save and reload... I do believe if you save, and continue playing, that the effect will still carryover.... it will only happen once-- if you die again you will respawn at the nearest hospital... you can do it again if you do bloodring again...

I still think it will show up as you being wasted in your stats though.

Another very similar glitch...

Using a save where you are on the 2nd island, start a mission there... then restart tje game... now die... you will respawn at the hospital and the taxi will appear with the arrow above it.. it will take you back to the place where you started the mission before the reload-- so you can get to the 2nd island where you have not unlocked it yet... I would not be surprised if the bloodring dying glitch does the same thing (transports you back to the stadium after) I have never tried this though...

The taxi/dying glitch is in the pinned buglist already for PS2 (#6) http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=188753

... I should add the bloodring one as it is very similar (I forgot all about this until you guys jogged my memory)...

I have only confirmed this glitch on PS2 the original version (mine was purchased in December 2002)...

If anyone can confirm this "bloodring glitch" on other PS2 versions or the PC and XBOX versions I would be very appreciative--

also if anyone can confirm the taxi dying glitch on other versions also--

I will add these to the buglists with more complete info...

thanks...

Bill/SPuds

//EDIT//

Here is the first mention (Jan 04) I could find for this-- apparently I didn't put it all together at that time--- this other guy mentioned the stadium events... I don't thing the hotring causes this...

http://gtplanet.net/...ring#post925552

I do recall Acidman experiencing that glitch about 5 or 6 months prior, he just didn't make the connection to the bloodring-- him and I were killing machines back then...

m0mm0m
  • m0mm0m

Crackhead

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Feb 16 2007, 03:23)
This has happened to me...

This has been discussed before-- but it is fairly rare and been a while for me-- I'm relatively certain I figured out what causes this though...

In the VC recordbook (link in my sig) I was working on my stats for bloodring back in 2003 or 2004...and this happened afterwards... when you die in the bloodring, you don't die, you just fail the mission and are transported outside the stadium with all your weapons....

Now, if I remember correctly, If you fail the bloodring (run out of time), or pass it (it will not occur if you die in the bloodring) after your exit the stadium event, the effect of the dying carries over outside... so if you die, you are transported back to the stadium, with all your weapons. I think it will change your clothes back to street clothes (its been a while since I did this)

The effect will not carryover if you save and reload... I do believe if you save, and continue playing, that the effect will still carryover.... it will only happen once-- if you die again you will respawn at the nearest hospital... you can do it again if you do bloodring again...

I still think it will show up as you being wasted in your stats though.

Another very similar glitch...

Using a save where you are on the 2nd island, start a mission there... then restart tje game... now die... you will respawn at the hospital and the taxi will appear with the arrow above it.. it will take you back to the place where you started the mission before the reload-- so you can get to the 2nd island where you have not unlocked it yet... I would not be surprised if the bloodring dying glitch does the same thing (transports you back to the stadium after) I have never tried this though...

The taxi/dying glitch is in the pinned buglist already for PS2 (#6) http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=188753

... I should add the bloodring one as it is very similar (I forgot all about this until you guys jogged my memory)...

I have only confirmed this glitch on PS2 the original version (mine was purchased in December 2002)...

If anyone can confirm this "bloodring glitch" on other PS2 versions or the PC and XBOX versions I would be very appreciative--

also if anyone can confirm the taxi dying glitch on other versions also--

I will add these to the buglists with more complete info...

thanks...

Bill/SPuds

//EDIT//

Here is the first mention (Jan 04) I could find for this-- apparently I didn't put it all together at that time--- this other guy mentioned the stadium events... I don't thing the hotring causes this...

http://gtplanet.net/...ring#post925552

I do recall Acidman experiencing that glitch about 5 or 6 months prior, he just didn't make the connection to the bloodring-- him and I were killing machines back then...

I think I was in a bloodring car but not in the stadium mission.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:30 AM

THere is absolutely no reason for the car to cause this.... try it again and see.

m0mm0m
  • m0mm0m

Crackhead

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:02 PM

OK it happened again exept i resawnd at hyman condo with a frankey t shirt on an i didn't even compleate the game.

(i was in an infernus and fell in the water and i was not on a mission)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:41 AM Edited by Spuds725, 18 February 2007 - 03:46 AM.

user posted image

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Feb 18 2007, 03:41)
user posted image

i agree

omega_c
  • omega_c

Pimpin' it up

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (m0mm0m @ Feb 17 2007, 08:02)
OK it happened again exept i resawnd at hyman condo with a frankey t shirt on an i didn't even compleate the game.

(i was in an infernus and fell in the water and i was not on a mission)

I call bullsh*t.

BTW, how do you do that BS smiley?
:bs: ?

Hm, ok thats not it...

All-Blacks
  • All-Blacks

• Members

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (omega_c @ Feb 18 2007, 16:32)

Hm, ok thats not it...

He got it from a different website so the link is http://www.clubcaris...lies/bsflag.gif

So you then put the link in IMG like so:

CODE
[IMG]http://www.clubcarisma.com/images/smilies/bsflag.gif[/IMG]

You should then get the smile icon14.gif ..................user posted image

omega_c
  • omega_c

Pimpin' it up

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (All-Blacks @ Feb 18 2007, 02:13)
QUOTE (omega_c @ Feb 18 2007, 16:32)

Hm, ok thats not it...

He got it from a different website so the link is http://www.clubcaris...lies/bsflag.gif

So you then put the link in IMG like so:

CODE
[IMG]http://www.clubcarisma.com/images/smilies/bsflag.gif[/IMG]

You should then get the smile icon14.gif ..................user posted image

Sounds good!

It should be a smiley on the boards colgate.gif

segvirion
  • segvirion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Feb 16 2007, 03:23)

I can confirm it on the PC version, it happened to me once or twice.

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:04 AM

Spuds, it has happened to me numerous times.Especially when I am driving around the Fort Baxter AirBase(without the cop uniform), the soldiers attack my vehicle with their assault rifles.The car catches fire in seconds and explodes. Everytime I have been wasted in this manner, I spawn in the stadium with all my weapons intact.

Maybe it is a way to compensate you because you were killed by the soldiers for no fault of yours. smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

" yeah.... while driving around with my wife.. Morgan Fairchild, who I've seen naked" wink.gif

I need to see a vid from a reload to it happening to believe it.... sorry. I've been killed everywhere.. and it only happened to me after doing bloodring.

I've spent at least 600 hours playing VC--and it has only happened to me respawning at the stadium and for the reason I mentioned before-- I don't believe it is a random glitch-- the description I gave is for a bug in the programming that may or may not have been fixed in later versions.

If there were some other bug that caused this, then it would likely have been discovered/reported before now...

If Demarest was still around, he could show you in the programming the bug and why it would not happen otherwise.

Thanks seg (for confirming on PC)

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

Yeah this has happened to me once or twice before, been ages since i played Vice though, so i can't remember what i was doing exactly

On the opposite side, i hate it when you get 'wasted' in the pilots licence missions in San Andreas and re-appear at the hospital rather than the airstrip!. Still i suppose you can at least her Mike Torino's funny comments when you drive back... they're probably the funniest lines in the whole game but people who are good at flying won't get to hear them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users