Version One, or V1 was the first version of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas released. It was released on October 19th, 2004 (North America). This version has the controversial "hot coffee" . For those who dont know "hot coffee" is when you get one of the 5 girlfriend to drink hot coffee, and that leeds to a sex scene at the girlfriends house. Version One is also 100% modiable.
There are a few easy ways to tell if you have V1
1. Look on your DVD, If it only says GTA SA and nothing else you have V1.
2. When you start the game and go to the main menu, if you have V1 it will just show the 3 options(start game, options, exit game)
3. If you can experience sex scenes with the girlfriends and CJ then you have V1
Version Two or V2, is the second version of Grand Theft Auto released it was released on June 9th, 2005 (North America). After the controversey with V1, Rockstar decided to release V2, which had the "hot coffee" disabled. Later, someone reversed the coding and relesed a patch which enabled the Hot coffee" With the release of V2 the modding ability was taken away. If player chose to download the GTA SA downgrader patch they are able to install mods once again.
There are a few easy ways to tell if you have V2
1. Look on your DVD, if it says GTA SA along with Version two below it, you have V2
2. When you start the game and go to the main menu, if it says Version V2 down in the bottem right hand corner you have V2
3. And if CJ can't have sex with the girlfriends, it is V2
Well hope this helps all the people who don't know what version they have.
Edited by ryan92, 28 October 2007 - 08:27 PM.