How do you make skins?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
J3T MAST3RZ
  • J3T MAST3RZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

rahkstar2.gif hello all GTA mod creaters. as a newbie in learning how to make good skins can someone please show me how to make a skin rahkstar2.gif anuj_cop.gif anuj_cop.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif die.gif die.gif cryani.gif die.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:59 PM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 21 January 2007 - 12:03 AM.

Slow down. Boards like these have pinned topics. You should read them. Should you have, you would have realised that modding talk belongs in the modding forums. In fact, we have an entire editing tutorial forum which naturally houses guides on skinning, made specifically for those new to the modding scene as yourself. That said, skinning itself is a process Rockstar allowed for and intended users to achieve, so it's technically not classified as modding. Any associated modelling, however, is.

At any rate, browse to your skins directory - default: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTAIII\skins\ - and open up player.bmp or playa2.bmp in an image editing program of your choice. MS Paint is fine. Simply edit to your desire - it's quite intuitive and simple, since it's obvious where the player's face is, jacket is, etc. Once done, File -> Save as, and save as a BMP in the same folder. Give it a file name you'll remember, and load up GTAIII and navigate through the options menu to change your player's skin.

J3T MAST3RZ
  • J3T MAST3RZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

but dued everything i click there is all about san ardeas i want to make skins for GTA III suicidal.gif die.gif notify.gif whatsthat.gif cryani.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif anuj_cop.gif

Knowledge Novice
  • Knowledge Novice

* Extended Break *

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ Jan 20 2007, 17:59)
At any rate, browse to your skins directory - default: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTAIII\skins\ - and open up player.bmp or playa2.bmp in an image editing program of your choice. MS Paint is fine. Simply edit to your desire - it's quite intuitive and simple, since it's obvious where the player's face is, jacket is, etc. Once done, File -> Save as, and save as a BMP in the same folder. Give it a file name you'll remember, and load up GTAIII and navigate through the options menu to change your player's skin.

If you stop and look, you'll see that Fuzzy just gave it to you in a nutshell. Basic, cleancut instructions. Now all that's left is to throw in a little of your own creativity and your all set. Just go to your 'skins' folder and look for a picture of the player. Here's a guide showing what's what. It's Tommy, but you get the picture.
user posted image

Mr.Brownstone
  • Mr.Brownstone

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:32 PM Edited by Mr.Brownstone, 22 February 2007 - 01:49 AM.

ok, thats cool and all, but how would you add on a completely different skin? like, lets say i wanted to have the Skin model of Axl Rose, how would i do that?

OG LOC 321
  • OG LOC 321

fuk u

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:06 AM

Thats All Wrong
go to www.orgesgashi.co.nr than go to games
than mods
Than download untitled.bmp
Its For Gta III

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

You have to know the position of the parts of the body and you can drow on "Paint" or a lot of programs! There's a program "GTA3 Skin Creator" You can download it from www.gta.gamigo.de

Deamondrift
  • Deamondrift

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

icon14.gif guys if anyone wants to work in my zombie mod please add me on facebook i know how to make models and maps but i am looking for someone who can make a zombie skin add me on fb [email protected]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users