user posted image
I've attached every single freaking verticle suicidal.gif angry.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Clkick on the Normal or Root bone, and move it. If you see one verticle dosnt move and stays in its psoitions thethat verticles is not rigged.

osm@n1994
  • osm@n1994

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (creative madman @ Jan 19 2007, 09:28)
i just wrote a tutorial for a fellow GTAF members, on how to Rig... and being the thoughtful and friendly GTAF member I am, I thought id post it for all of you here.

its really simple to rig, everyone seems to be intimidated by trying. i suggest just giving it a go, and in no time you'll be doing it with no problems.

Warning:
it will take you a lot of trial and error to work out which verticles go to which bones, but eventually you will get it, and can have GTA SA Quality Pedestrians and player models.

While this tutorial is written for pedestrians, the same logic applies for rigging player models, however i may soon be writing a separate guide for player models.

Have a look here at My Webpage

The Simplest Rigging Tutorial

OmgOmgOmgOmgOmg!

ThanksThanksThanksThanks inlove.gif inlove.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

I know this is a big bump but.. I still don't Know what settings to use to export SA player models nor how to import them properly.. rigging is one thing but getting stuff is ingame.. HELP PLEASE LOL

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:46 AM

Again sorry for the bump, but assigning bones to vertices left me confused. I tried doing what is suggested (select vertices, edit envelopes, etc.) but I couldn't set the weight and assign them. I often run into errors similar to MateoGallardo's when I try to export.

Wikus
  • Wikus

GTA Tales of Vice city leader and GTA Virus Alert texturer

• Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

come on this page doesnt even work

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Wikus @ Dec 2 2009, 15:00)

I may create an extended Rigging Tutorial. To teach how to d othis properly too.

But dunno when.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Dec 2 2009, 21:09)
QUOTE (Wikus @ Dec 2 2009, 15:00)

I may create an extended Rigging Tutorial. To teach how to d othis properly too.

But dunno when.

Is it me or is it that my Max doesn't seem to cooperate with my rigging attempt? I'm using 3DS Max 6.

LENZ_PROJECTS
  • LENZ_PROJECTS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

HELP-ME

Its export of these types arkivo ready for ZM? That only works with 3D MAX?
As it does for export by ZM?

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (LENZ_PROJECTS @ Dec 3 2009, 14:55)
HELP-ME

Its export of these types arkivo ready for ZM? That only works with 3D MAX?
As it does for export by ZM?

You can only rig in 3D MAX/GMAX.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

Ok, time for some HOTT PLAYER ACTION! YEAH BABY!

No, just a small tut on getting the player parts set up as a normal ped. Not certain it needs it's own topic, so we'll put it in here, and I'll edit my second post on page 2 to add this.

Player parts are found in models/player.img. Use IMGTool or similar to extract. You should also extract the tga's from the txd's off the models you will wish to use; jhericurl.txd uses the jhericurl.tga file. TXD Workshop (latest is 2010 version; get this from GTAGarage to avoid compression errors) should be what you want for this, though others should work as well.

1) Ok, first thing, Carl has five basic parts that MUST be used. Extras (jewelry, hats, etc) can be added later, but for now, Carl has a head, torso, hand, legs and feet. Haircuts have a head already attached, so don't pick a plain head and add the jhericurl head as well. Also bear in mind that many of the txd's have names that should clue you in to what dff it will work on; for example, the shirtb.dff will uses textures that have a shirtb reference; in this example I'm using shirtbgang, which is a green shirt from Binco I believe.

For my first Carl, I used: jhericurl.dff, shirtb.dff, hands.dff, jeans.dff, and sneakers.dff. Open Kam's DDF IO, and for all imports MAKE SURE THE A IS SELECTED (next to the Skin Character button). Let's start with the head, import jhericurl, and select a clump (1=ripped, 2=fat, 3=normal). Now you've got a head with a bunch of bones.

2) Select the head and hide it. Now select all (CTRL + A) and delete the bones. Import the rest of the parts the same way. Once you have a full body, you can add extras if you like, but do the same thing, hide the object, delete the bones.

3) Once you're doing importing and deleting bones, choose Unhide All. Your model will show up put together, but we need to attach the parts to each other. Click on the head and click on Editable Mesh in the Modifiers tab. Click Yes to the warning, and choose Faces in the Selection Panel, and select all (CTRL + A) to select all the faces. Now click Attach in the Edit Geometry section and click on the torso. Be sure to choose the second option in the dialog box, which should be match Material to Material ID. This is VERY important.

Now, CTRL + A again, and click on the hands, CTRL + A and click on the legs, and for the last time, CTRL + A and click on the feet. Now click on the Attach button again to turn it off, deselect Faces and click the Editable Mesh controller off (don't delete). Now your Carl is all attached, but the material needs to be applied. BUT NOT YET. You need to skin Carl first.

4) As I previously mentioned, I suggest you find a ped model that's closest to the one you're importing. This can be difficult, because Carl is shorter than most male peds, and has a thicker torso than all but the fat peds. VHMYCN was the closest I found, but there still needs to be a little work done on Carl's mesh to get it to match properly. Once I get one I like, I'll save it as a 3DS Max scene, and upload it somewhere for people to use as they like. But for now, just pick it up from step 11 in my mini-tut, listed here:

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1057471714

Go skin the character, STOP AT STEP 17 - DO NOT APPLY THE MATERIAL YET, then come back. Don't worry, I don't have to work until 1PM tomorrow, so I'll wait. wink.gif

5) Ok, back? Good, so now Carl is skinned, and you verified this by moving around an arm or leg bone to be sure the mesh deforms with it. Sort out any weight problems by running a few animations then fixing as necessary. ONLY when you are ready to export should you put together the materials. Open the Material Editor and click on the first one. Click the Standard button to choose GTA Material, then click on the button next to color to import the tga (or bmp). Be sure to click the "show in veiwport" button so you can see what it looks like from there.

6) Most of the shirts have hands, but for whatever reason aren't working for me, so you'll need a torso texture for this. In my example, we will have 5 materials: jhericurl.tga, shirtbgang.tga, torso.tga, denimsred.tga and sneakerheatblk.tga. So in the next material, choose the shirt, and so on until all five are loaded. Now you need number 6, which will be a combination of all. Click on Standard and this time choose Multi/Sub Object. Now simply drag the material from the ball to the first slot in the menu, then do the same for the other 4. You'll now have 5 materials listed. Don't apply yet though.

7) Select your mesh again, and click on the Editable Mesh Modifier once more. Choose Faces for selection, then click somewhere on the head. Under Surface Properties, you can see what the ID is. DO NOT SET IT, just note the number. Do the same for the other parts, memorize them, write them down, take a picture, whatever. Now, deselect the Faces again, and deselect the Editable Mesh modifier.

8) Go back to the material editor and choose material 6 (the Multi/Sub Object). In the list, you will see your materials with an ID number. Referring to your previous list of ID's, match up the numbers; in my example, after attaching and skinning, my numbers were head 2, torso 3, hands 4, legs 5, feet 6. Yours may be different, but the point is to match the ID's up, so for example, my first material (jhericurl) has an ID of 2, so I change this in the ID box. Do the same for the rest; you may need to move some of the unused materials ID's around to make sure there are no conflicts.

9) Once your ID's are all set, drag the Multi/Sub Objects material ball onto Carl. If all worked well, all his parts should show up textured. This needs to be done so the model can tell the game what texture goes where. If it all looks right, select the MESH ONLY and click on Kam's DFF IO, Skin/Bones Export. I named mine carl.dff; whatever you name it, make sure your txd will have the same name.

10) TXD? What TXD? The one you're about to make, silly. In TXD Workshop, click File/New, and choose 32 bit. Click on the blank image to select it, then import your first image, in this case, jhericurl.tga. Now double click on the image panel (with the internal name, showing tga at the moment, and the alpha and compression. Here, you MUST change the name to the same as the tga (or bmp) file (if it has an alpha, be sure to use that name plus an "a" at the end, typically). Then click the Compression check box as click ok.

11) Do the same for the other four files (more if you added extras), but in these cases, use Image/New, so they go under the first one. Again, 32 bit, import the image, then change the name and add compression. In this example, all 5 images are listed. Now save the TXD as the same name as your dff (in this case, carl.dff).

12) Add the txd and dff your gta3.img, rebuild, and use your coder of choice to load your actor in game. Not getting into that here, head over to mission coding to make that happen. You could also change one of the ped.ide lines, and you'll get Carl as a random ped.

If all went well, and you used the files I listed, you should get something like this:
user posted image
Good luck, have fun, and happy modding! smile.gif

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Kam script will work with Maya 3d right?

paja
  • paja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

why when the texture of Def Jam Fight for NY Models in obj is ok, but when i rigging ped is mest up,here is a problem please help me http://s1092.photobu...urrent=CRUZ.jpg

IntelGma4500sucks
  • IntelGma4500sucks

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (creative madman @ Friday, Jan 19 2007, 09:28)
i just wrote a tutorial for a fellow GTAF members, on how to Rig... and being the thoughtful and friendly GTAF member I am, I thought id post it for all of you here.

its really simple to rig, everyone seems to be intimidated by trying. i suggest just giving it a go, and in no time you'll be doing it with no problems.

Warning:
it will take you a lot of trial and error to work out which verticles go to which bones, but eventually you will get it, and can have GTA SA Quality Pedestrians and player models.

While this tutorial is written for pedestrians, the same logic applies for rigging player models, however i may soon be writing a separate guide for player models.

Have a look here at My Webpage

Some sh*t's just hanging in my head ... why can't I edit Abs weight and when I click on editable mesh the model just flips like it's laying on the tabble and get f*cked by a skeleton.. I didn't mean it like some insultation but I'm very angry and I need help

XgenDaNcEs
  • XgenDaNcEs

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Some are saying there are easier ways to do this but so far, this was the most detailed, well explained tutorial i have ever read! Im gonna try this tomorrow and hope for the best! Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users