There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:25 AM

does this tutorial even work for Gmax

beliq zub
  • beliq zub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:05 PM Edited by beliq zub, 01 January 2008 - 08:50 PM.

i convert a ped from vice icty to san andreas and the ped looks normal like in vice city smile.gif but i have other problem when he is moving he dont move his legs or something gust like hi is flyng forward adn with the fighting is the same he dont move anithing just stay and something in the air shoot me i think the is something form the animationjs because mtheir for the moving of the arms legs and ather parts of the body so when i do the things in the tutorial and replase the converted ped with some ped in san andreas have i add some animations or they are goins to be put from tyhe game automatik ? and if the game put the animations automatik to the ped from what is this p[roblem can some one help me please !!!
i think i dont explain well what is the problem so i make a video here it is can someone help me please

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (beliq zub @ Jan 1 2008, 20:05)
i convert a ped from vice icty to san andreas and the ped looks normal like in vice city  smile.gif  but i have other problem when he is moving he dont move his legs or something gust like hi is flyng forward adn with the fighting is the same he dont move anithing just stay and something in the air shoot me i think the is something form the animationjs because mtheir for the moving of the arms legs and ather parts of the body so when i do the things in the tutorial and replase the converted ped with some ped in san andreas have i add some animations or they are goins to be put from tyhe game automatik ? and if the game put the animations automatik to the ped from what is this p[roblem can some one help me please !!!
i think i dont explain well what is the problem so i make a video here it is can someone help me please

This seems that you all faces rigged to only one bone

beliq zub
  • beliq zub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

i ame not rigging them to one bone i ame rigging them to all of the bones exept left and right clavicle i rigg all ather bones with all of the faces and it is the same sad.gif sad.gif why ???????????

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

thanks man!! awesome tutorial!! colgate.gif smile.gif

beliq zub
  • beliq zub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

i rig a ped from vice city to san andreas but in the game apeaprs laing i make a video

i rig this from vice city to san andreas everything is rigged properly it looks like this is because it he is apearing laing not standing up so if anyone knows how to make him apear standing up writhe me please

beliq zub
  • beliq zub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

i reset the x form and he is apearing laing again why ?????? answear meeeeeeeeeee sneaky2.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:12 AM Edited by ceedj, 14 June 2011 - 07:26 AM.

I've been sitting on this "mini-tut" for about a year, mostly because it's not entirely finished (steps 7 - 19 aren't fleshed out like the first 6), but maybe some will find it useful. I used this technique to import my VC/LC actors to SA for the PEDS series. If anyone wants to have a go at cleaning this up and fleshing out the remaining steps, please feel free. smile.gif

EDIT: If you'd like to build the player as a ped, head to this post further in the topic:

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060536887

Here's some things I came across while working with this; maybe it'll help some people, or maybe some more experienced modelers can chime in to help make it better. In any case, I didn't think it needed a new topic, since most of this "cuts in and out" of Creative's tut, so here we go:

1) When choosing a ped for replacement, keep in mind that the SA actors are far more varied in hieght and weight than VC actors - in VC, the males were all the same height and either fit or fat; same with the females. The females in SA are all the same height, but a bit taller than the VC ones, so you'll need to adjust for this. Also keep in mind that the way the SA models are dressed vs the one you want to bring in; the semi-auto skin that illspirit describes will be more acurate going from a guy in a suit to a guy in a suit than it will going from a guy in a suit to a beach guy. Hint: most of the old actors in SA can be scaled up in their entirety and will be pretty close in all proportions to a standard male SA actor (normal hieght, fit).

2) When importing the SA and VC actors into Max, make sure auto skin (A) is selected for BOTH actors, not just the SA one. If you're like me and are allergic to 3D space, this will be most helpful.

3) For this example, we'll use Creative's fireman. The initial alignment (where the actor faces in its idle pose) is setup through the Root and Pelvis bones. So SKIP the X-form step of his tut (it doesn't matter really, since we'll be discarding this anyway) and select the bones AND mesh (the drop down box at the top right of the Max screen will let you do this) of your VC actor, and set an animation key: click the Set Key button at the bottom of the screen (the display will turn red) and click the big "Key" button (that looks like...a key). Click Set Key to turn it off, and select and do the same for the SA actor. I'm unsure if this step is really needed, but this way I'm sure the key info I'm about to modify is in fact recorded.

4) Now you can do this two ways: you can either manually adjust your VC actor to match, or you can copy and paste the various bone info from one actor to another. I did it the second way, though I used the first method to fine tune it. To copy and paste, in the animation timeline window, click on the expand tracks button (lower left, above the timeline itself) and drag the window open to a useable height. On the left you'll see some tree info; expand the Objects tree and you should see four entries: the mesh and bone sets for each actor. The SA actor is usually Root (for the bones) and Skin_Mesh; the VC actors usually have two Root entries, but one is for the bones and one is for the mesh.

5) Since we skinned the VC actor on import, when we adjust these vaules, the mesh will move accordingly, and you avoid some of the sharp angles that come with adjusting a mesh manually; the weights will also look more natural because the influence on the bones is closer to the original pose info. I'm probably describing it something awful; all I can say is that it just looks better in game.

So anyway. open the tree of the boneset of the actors. Start with the root; select the Transform of that bone in the tree of the SA actor. You can ensure the bone is selected by clicking on the FIRST icon next to the bone tree name (in this case, Root); this icon will turn yellow. Now right click on Transform and click Copy. Now select the same bone (Root) in the VC actor, and right click on Transform and click Paste. Chose to paste a Copy (again, it doesn't matter since we'll be dumping all this info later) and your VC actor should move to a new position. Do the same for the Pelvis bone (copy the Transform key, then paste to the VC actor) and your VC actor should be in the proper orientation. Again, you can do this manually if you like, but I find copy/paste to be easier myself.

6) From here, do the same for the rest of the bones, copying and pasting to each bone. You'll need to decide which ones will need pasting (I had some issues with certain actors' legs, so a manual adjustment was needed), and as you do this, you'll see your VC actor move its parts to mostly line up with the SA actor. If you need to make adjustments, use the ROTATION TOOL ONLY. This will save you some headaches later on.

7) Select new mesh only (hide SA actor)
8) Export mesh as 3DS Studio file
9) Delete VC actor
10) Import mesh just created
11) Unhide SA Actor
12) Click "editable mesh", select "Faces" and select all CTRL + A)
13) Set material ID to 100 (or whatever, I use 100)
14) Attach faces to imported mesh
15) Select old mesh by ID (drop down box)
16) Delete - SA Actor mesh is gone, and VC mesh is attached to bones and mostly weighted. Make adjustments as needed.
17) Apply material (GTA Material, BMP, load TGA)
18) Make sure MMC, UV and Nor are selected in DFF export box
NOTE: MAKE SURE THE MESH IS STILL SELECTED (it will be colored red on a default installation of 3DS Max 7) BEFORE YOU EXPORT!!!
19) Export DFF, rebuild, done

EDIT: Just went through and reworked my actors this morning. I found it was helpful to edit the weights using the Weight Table and loading a few different animations with the IFP I/O plugin. This is a big help for finding stray vert weights that don't translate from the VC skin to the SA one. As a small guide, the jaw to head weight should be about .2-.5 for the jaw and the rest for the head. I put 0.2 around the top lips to give some small movement up top, while setting the lower lip and chin to 0.3 - 0.5. Despite the VC/LC actors having no separation in the mouth as the SA actors do, if you tweak it enough, you can get pretty darn close to jaw movement that is the same as the native SA actors. Snidely (old man in gray suit from VC) looks great; the moushtash hangs over the lip, so I actually made that closer to 0.1-ish. Nifty. smile.gif

beliq zub
  • beliq zub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

It works smile.gif smile.gif ! thanks to creative madman ,illspirit and ceedj this is great tutorial icon14.gif

beliq zub
  • beliq zub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:59 PM Edited by beliq zub, 22 February 2008 - 07:13 PM.

i ame now puting all humans from vice city and manhunt to san andreas soon the mod will be ready and i will post a pics http://i.data.bg/08/...810670_orig.jpg http://i.data.bg/08/...810678_orig.jpg http://i.data.bg/08/...810680_orig.jpg http://i.data.bg/08/...810683_orig.jpg http://i.data.bg/08/...822910_orig.jpg

alex16
  • alex16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Creative madman could you make a tutorial on how to rig player models ?

jake-dk
  • jake-dk

Whaaaat??

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

Can anybody convert vc stuff to san andreas? who can convert candy suxxx from vice city? please help, i tried it in 3ds max but with kams scripts, but it dossent work.. confused.gif

BlooDsTainD
  • BlooDsTainD

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:15 AM Edited by BlooDsTainD, 19 May 2008 - 11:16 AM.

These tutorials have helped a bunch, follow em like a bible, thanks.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

Good work mate icon14.gif wink.gif

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

Who's the hot chick? biggrin.gif

Mexicanos
  • Mexicanos

Pedestrians modder

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:16 AM

Hi there, would you mind to help me exporting my mesh to GTA SA, I've made it by using 3ds Max 2008 by combining GTA SA pedestrian, but I have no idea to export it back to GTA SA pedestrian, cause I don't get about the skinning and about the bone thing. So I hope you can help me with that. colgate.gif

Here's my mod thread link.

----------> http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=348547 <----------

And here's the download link for my mesh.

----------> http://www.speedysha.../617933427.html <----------

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

Man What about the player rigging now?

Rocky G
  • Rocky G

creator of titanic mod, future leader of all moderator's

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (KinkyJedi @ Feb 2 2007, 08:30)
Yea in response to ceedj's comments i agree......a list of the bones that you should use and ones that dont really matter would be great. Like for example i just used Head, Neck, Hands, Thighs, Calfs, Upper Arms, Forearms, Hands, Feet and Spine. I didnt think jaw was needed for a ped due to no mouth animation but what do i know....i would be able to find out but my models have 2 textures and i have to assign them as sub materials or something, illspirit told me but i havnt tried it yet....... but yea its a great tut.......but it needs a list of which bones you should use for peds and maybe one for character parts, obviously a pic of which verticles should be assigned for each bone would be great but i dont think thats so important

Great tut though, n1 .......interested to see how indepth this goes

Kinky x

even showing pics as examps so we can see and not just be told.

gta_azixx
  • gta_azixx

___the mod___ Group:Vespa kings

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:46 AM Edited by gta_azixx, 27 July 2008 - 07:49 AM.

for you guys.how to rig player model.

1.get 3ds max and kams script.
2.BEFORE YOU IMPORT A DFF REMEMBER TO PRESS A BUTTON.
3.import 1st clump(ripped).rig it.how to export?press as SA bodyparts and press
rename root bone as, press ripped and press bones/skin export and put file name and save it.
4.import 2nd clump(fat).rig it.how to export?press as SA bodyparts and press
rename root bone as,press fat,press append export to dff and then press
press bones/skin export and save it to the muscle dff file.
5.import 3rd clump(normal).rig it.how to export?press as SA bodyparts and press
rename root bone aspress normal,press append export to dff and then press bones/skin export and save it to the muscle and fat dff file.

i hope it help you guys. sly.gif

underlined is important.

CYCL0P
  • CYCL0P

Unregister

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

pls download link
some ped in VC to SA
thx

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:55 AM

this is not work,when i rig some ped in SA to VC,this is my problem:
user posted image

E_vilestro
  • E_vilestro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:48 AM

how do you edit your mesh so it can match the bone so perfectly? I can't I'm trying to convert the ofyri.dff form SA to VC and I am stuck on the edit your mesh so it can match you bone.

tummy1
  • tummy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:08 PM Edited by tummy1, 22 August 2008 - 06:11 PM.

I'm trying to convert a skin from VC to SA with help of this tutorial. I've been following it point after point and I can't possibly figure out what I've done wrong, the .dff exports perfectly and everything seems fine, yet when I go in-game and switch to the skin, the whole screen freeze completely and I have to kill the process manually. The skin is CSumbto.dff (Umberto Robina from VC) if that would be the problem.

Help please mercie_blink.gif

Edit: Btw, could anyone just do this for me? I would seriously pay you for it, using PayPal.

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

i need a lil help with the wieght painting, maybe im missing something but it just comes up witha blue cone thingy waiting for me to select something but you didn't specify what.

ReeceMix
  • ReeceMix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (Flat Face @ Aug 25 2008, 14:16)
i need a lil help with the wieght painting, maybe im missing something but it just comes up witha blue cone thingy waiting for me to select something but you didn't specify what.

Exactly! There are a ton of details missing from this tutorial.
(Mainly the envelope 'pills' & the blue weight thing)

CreativeMadman created this post - Jan 19 2007, 09:28
His last post was - Feb 11 2007, 09:59

and he never made a Player Tutorial I think we should stop asking him for help,

Ive just tried this and failed , But Im trying to import my pre-existing uv mapped character using this tutorial (im not interested in exchanging LC/VC chars with SA)
I will have a look at Zmodeler1 as CM suggested that a few times and try again.

Im not supid but slighty dyslexic, It would be very cool if someone who knows 100% how to rig specifically for GTA:SA (preferabally the Main Char too ) if they could make a Video Tutorial , its just so much easier to learn this stuff by seeing.

However if the 'Elites' dont want to share(as usual) once (and if) I understand this process (without having a total nervous breakdown) I will make a video tutorial (A GTA Mod 'Video' Tutorial Site would rock.. or a dedicated YouTube channel)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

Nice tutorial, but is it possible to rig models from The Sims 2?

Lilgj
  • Lilgj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

Ahhh man sad.gif I dont understand nuthing -.- Im dumb ....
I got much experience with 3d max but ..... maybe someone can help .
Someone made a dff for me , i want to make a skully on his head .
Someone can help ?

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Aug 27 2008, 13:55)
Nice tutorial, but is it possible to rig models from The Sims 2?

this is can't confused.gif
this tutorial is never work,i try to make it again but a model mesh don't move sad.gif

ilir
  • ilir

Spinnin'

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hi. I have readed this tutorial and it's good.

But I don't understand something.

You said to import mesh and import model

I have imported two peds, but isn't like in photo. I don't understand.!!!

I wanna to learn how to make dff files, really.

Fanat GTA
  • Fanat GTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (ilir @ Jan 17 2009, 15:10)
You said to import mesh and import model

It's identical phrases smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users