Quantcast

» «
Photo

Easier way to get to the other iislands?

13 replies to this topic
ging
  • ging

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:24 AM

Hey. I was wondering if there were easier was to get to the other islands?

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

Hi. New members should get into the habit of searching. I'm sure you'll agree that this is a question that would have been asked and discussed many a time in the past. No biggie, though, and welcome to the forums. smile.gif

Most methods involve cheating, but there's a rather simple yet effective method, which involves jumping across Callahan Bridge. Demarest has a video on his site, available here, which shows this. On this note, Dem's site should be your first stop for any GTAIII questions. Good luck.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

To let Claude Speed leave Portland the fastest, easiest way on PC, go into data\
handling.cfg--where you might go, anyway, to soup up the Submission vehicles or
the Rumpo (to make "Big N' Veiny" easier)--and give a vehicle a -1 in column I:
percent submerged. Then, when Claude drives toward the far end of the Callahan
or lift bridge and falls into the water, he'll appear on the other side of the
bridge.

Besides the popular choice--typing "chittychittybb" and having Claude fly a
Police car (esp. a souped up one) over the Callahan Bridge--a couple of methods
I learned from Rusk's PS2 testing work on PC, too:

If you send Claude W along the N side of the Callahan Bridge, down to about 5'
(?) from the end of the 2nd straight length of a bent red girder that projects
beyond the end of Claude's side of the bridge, Claude can jump over to the thick
silver-gray pipe of the other side of the bridge.

Another way is to have Claude back the back wheels of the Easy Autos Banshee
out over the water from the concrete tunnel roof in NW Portland, backing out to
about where the middle of the road below is and until the Banshee teeters on the
verge of falling. Have Claude exit and he lands on the tunnel roof. Send him N
while aiming the view with the mouse to see the tunnel roof below the blue
stuff. He has to jump over an obstruction then can go over the middle of the
tunnel roof to Staunton, where some invisible solid stuff won't let him continue
to Shoreside Vale unless he uses the ledge at the side of the roof. When you
want Claude to appear in either town, have him jump from below the town into the
blue stuff and he'll appear on the land above.

bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

follow my lead to victory ... or be lost.

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:07 AM

dozingoff.gif i'm playing GTA 3 again(PS2) and i was hoping to get all the packages and do jumps and rampages etc, before i do the missions. I saw Demarest's video, jumping the bridge gap cookie.gif
It sure looks easy on the video, but my controls don't seem to work the same as his, for example, when my player moves sideways, he actually faces the same direction it moves, unlike Demarest's , the legs move sideways but the body faces forward. Is that the PC version perhaps?? And if i try to line up Claude in the direction of the pipe where he needs to jump on to, i get a sideview, not front (i tried all views) Although i've managed to jump on the pipe by running and jumping while i gently turned towards it at the last second, Claude just slides off and falls in the water. BTW, is there a way to transfer a game save from PC to PS2 and viceversa?? Thanks die.gif mercie_blink.gif

Wanted Level 7
  • Wanted Level 7

I Ate Your Shoe

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:45 AM

One way is to spawn a tank at the bridge, then turn facing Portland Foward. Release some tank fires then kepp on doing it. You'll eventually speed up then cross the bridge.

Doesnt' work all the time. But you can do it safely by entering CHITTYCHITTYBB.

death 2 the prom king
  • death 2 the prom king

I KILLED THE PROM KING OF THE CENTURY

• Members

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:37 AM

yeah the dodo car cheat or just jumping on the right parts of the bridge.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Wanted Level 7 @ Feb 21 2007, 19:45)
Doesnt' work all the time. But you can do it safely by entering CHITTYCHITTYBB.

Of course, once you activate that cheat, you can't deactive it on that particular savegame, so unless you like to drive slow and reasonably in GTA3, I'd suggest just hopping the bridge in the right place, as said by prom king and Fuzzy.

EDIT: Silly me, I didn't notice this topic was being bumped a month later by someone who only wanted to agree with what was being said. Nevermind.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:17 AM Edited by stef_92, 23 April 2007 - 02:31 PM.

This is the easyest way :
http://www.tfads.com/gta3/vids/

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:04 PM Edited by Demarest, 20 April 2007 - 04:19 PM.

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Apr 18 2007, 06:17)
This is the easyest way :
http://www.tfads.com.../jumpbridge.avi

Out of respect for my site, please link to the page and not directly to the video.

QUOTE (bits&pieces @ Jan 21 2007, 19:07)
dozingoff.gif i'm playing GTA 3 again(PS2) and i was hoping to get all the packages and do jumps and rampages etc, before i do the missions. I saw Demarest's video, jumping the bridge gap  cookie.gif
It sure looks easy on the video, but my controls don't seem to work the same as his, for example, when my player moves sideways, he actually faces the same direction it moves, unlike Demarest's , the legs move sideways but the body faces forward. Is that the PC version perhaps?? And if i try to line up Claude in the direction of the pipe where he needs to jump on to, i get a sideview, not front (i tried all views) Although i've managed to jump on the pipe by running and jumping while i gently turned towards it at the last second, Claude just slides off and falls in the water. BTW, is there a way to transfer a game save from PC to PS2 and viceversa??  Thanks  die.gif   mercie_blink.gif

As stated on the page, while not as easy, this IS doable on the PS2. I say that having done it myself. The trick is to head west and then immediately north, pressing the jump button at about when Fido is facing in the direction you need to go. Expect to swim a few times, but it is very doable without cheats.

The real challenge is getting HP49, the next video on the list wink.gif

[EDIT]
Just saw this video. It looks like the person is aiming while armed with their fists to face a certain direction. Can you do that? I have the PS2 game right here, but no PS2, so I cannot try it right now.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:12 PM

Out of respect for my site, please link to the page and not directly to the video.

Why!? What's wrong with that! I didn't read this in the rules!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Apr 22 2007, 15:12)

Why!? What's wrong with that! I didn't read this in the rules!

Because I asked you to and it's the smallest of efforts anyways. It's my bandwidth and I didn't give you permissions to steal it. I made the effort to make the video and pay for the bandwidth and the hosting of it. All I ask in return is that you link to the page so that it can be appropriately presented, and that's too much to ask of you?

It's not about rules. It's about manners.

You know, I can turn off direct linking on my site. I try not to because it's a LOT easier for me to link to images I INTEND to link to. I'll have to turn that off if inconsiderate *ahem* people *cough* such as yourself persist.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:09 PM

Sorry! i didn't know that this video is yours!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:12 PM

Well I had said "out of respect for my site." Now that you do, will you kindly edit the link to point to the page like Fuzzy originally posted?

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

I edited it! Everything is OK now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users