Photo

Better than a petition

7 replies to this topic
infinityxi
  • infinityxi

GTADS Developer

• Members

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

I thought maybe this should get its own topic and perhaps more people will see it rather than being buried under an old topic. In reply to those who were talking about using e-mail instead of a dead petition. I was thinking of the same thing but everyone should step it up from an email. An Email is easily ignored. It may be a step up from a crappy online petition which I admit the petition site was. It did, however, show that there is interest from the community for opening GTA's source code. Even if half of those "signatures" were faked it is still a good amount of people. Now I think if you want to get a response or at least make a dent into Rockstar's consideration you and everybody else interested should mail a type written letter to rockstar. A letter is worth 100 emails and it will show there there is in fact a face behind the letter. Also the letter should contain your involvement or enthusiasm in GTA and/or the GTA community, why you believe there should be an open GTA1/2. How will it benefit the community? and above all else keep the letter friendly and non confrontational. We may not get as many people as the petition showed but each well written letter will be looked upon as more important than an email. It will show that whomever sent it took the time out to write a well thought out interest in opening the source of GTA1 and 2. I'm writing mine, how about the rest of you guys?

Here is the address if you are interested:

Take-Two Interactive Games
622 Broadway
New York, NY 10012

We have nothing to lose except postage.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:25 PM Edited by rastakilla, 17 January 2007 - 08:56 PM.

Lets do it then! GUYS LETS STOP DA BULLsh*tTIN TOO SO MANY VIEWS AND NO REPLYIES LATELY! I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I f*ckING WANT THAT GTA 1 SOURCE CODE BAD! ILL EVEN PAY FOR THAT MUTHAf*ckA!

GTA MYSTIC STOP BULLsh*tTING AND HOLLA AT ME ABOUT THAT PROJECT! IM TIRED OF IDEAS AND IDEAS ITS TIME TO START DOING sh*t!

infinityxi, dude make a GTADS forum! Im tired of coming to this dead ass oldschool section! The GTA forums is filled with stupid little noobs who only like 3d GTA series. All of us true oldschool GTA1 fans need our own place since everyone else on these punk ass forums seems to think doing any project in top down 2d is lame and outdated.

Props to Infinityxi,Delphi,Cerberra and Sector for keeping 2d alive!

infinityxi
  • infinityxi

GTADS Developer

• Members

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:23 AM

I'll look into a GTADS forum, just been busy with life and trying to get the new release going. Check out one of the other threads. Sektor mentioned a guy who is actively working on a GTA project that does read the GTA1 data files. I tested it out and it looks promising. If anyone with C++ skills is willing to help i'd say put in those man-hours.

omega_c
  • omega_c

Pimpin' it up

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:36 AM

That looks like a good idea!

I must admit, I never played the first two until a few months ago, but I had a bunch of stuff going on, so I only played for an hour or so.

What I saw looked great, however.
I like good graphics, but I'd love to mess around with the originals for a while.

BTW, I think I was too young when the originals came out, so... yeah. Otherwise I would have played them 24/7, probably. colgate.gif

What mods are available/creatable for GTAI, II, and London?

infinityxi
  • infinityxi

GTADS Developer

• Members

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:12 AM

Let me know who wrote a letter and sent it out if we are serious about doing this. Remember 1 letter ~ 10 emails ~ 1000 online petitions.

squaredb
  • squaredb

sleeping with a sneer

• Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

I want Rockstar stickers too. I bet they will reply with some along the same lines as skateboard, snowboard, and ski companies do. Oh, and to open the codes n such to promote future gaming.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

Nice 3 year bump

squaredb
  • squaredb

sleeping with a sneer

• Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

I figure it is a greater benefit to have coders improving GTA rather than hack Steam since I have found Rockstar has sold the rights of the original game to SteamPowered.
Keep the games classic and the fools out of jail. :?
+ Some stickers would be killer. (Don't forget to include a self addressed/stamped envelope.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users