Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

9,407 replies to this topic
Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

It sounds sarcastic, but the genuine answer is simply: because they can.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Tuesday, Dec 6 2011, 16:53)
It sounds sarcastic, but the genuine answer is simply: because they can.

Just seems to totally defeat the object. "Haha, you had no money in your account to pay [name], so we're just going to take 40 off of you for the fun of it." I'd agree with them if they actually paid the charge for you, then charged you for some type of Borrowing thing...exactly the name given to what they class the charge as, "Unplanned Borrowing..."...how the f*ck are you borrowing anything when they haven't paid it for you?

What made this situation worse is, the other day I had bought a meal online, and the next day, when checking the bank balance, it had 'taken' the payment from my account, as in telling me that my balance was 190, but only available to take out 170...a few days later, this money has re-appeared in my account, and without knowing this, took the money out. They then take the money out of my account again, thus leading to me having no money in the account to pay my DD.

mad.gif

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (blitz @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 22:13)
QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 17:08)
QUOTE (Forty @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 22:04)
QUOTE (mikkenugent @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 01:49)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 06:53)
QUOTE (mikkenugent @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 14:47)
Im hatin on a certain part of the forum here right now, the meltin sh*t pot called the V section. The pure lazy speculation and assumptions made by new members overflows that section to the point no real valid discussions,points of view or general good conversations can cultivate. Its to the point I barely see the usual mainstays any longer. I know the simplest answer to my bitch is to all together stop goin to the V section but its hard to do with wantin my self to marvel at whats to come but jesus how many threads need to be opened about Ned Luke or bullsh*t like steak dinners?

Sorry for the rant but I guess this is the best place to shoot off on it. dozingoff.gif

Stop going into the V forum.

But you gonna have to accept it. These new members still don't know how we roll in the forums. Hell in my eyes you yourself are still considered a new member to me.

Just stick to the topics that have an actual title of meaning and you'll be fine.

Yeah I agree as I said in my first post I know my best bet is to stop goin in there for awhile but its kinda hard to sometimes.

BTW my profile is kinda new but thats because I had to make a second profile after my first was hacked.

Most forum regulars don't even consider the GTA V section a normal part of the forum. That is where all the newbies go to rant and rave and froth with excitement over the slightest teased detail. Many of the people there rarely venture into the Lounge sections, which is fine with me. It's the V section now, but every time we get a new GTA announced that section becomes the newbie cesspool and the rest of us veteran members tend to avoid it completely. It's like its own world over there.

The GTAV forum in a helpful list

• 20 threads on the same thing
  • Release dates "proven" based on random equations
  • Bad trolls

Give them a break, they're up to five area mods and they're doing the best they can. Good job guys. wink.gif

I'm not trying to hate on the mods, they can't help what's posted. The best they can do is lock or delete said bullsh*t threads. Sometimes I wonder if threads should be screened before they can be posted. More work for mods but a cleaner section, but that's neither here nor there. Its sad the V section was hit so hard, I knew it would happen but a few of the people I'd gotten to know seem to have vanished after said events. Not goin to be down about it, I'm off to find other fulfilling sections of GTAF, adventures!

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (mikkenugent @ Tuesday, Dec 6 2011, 16:17)
I'm off to find other fulfilling sections of GTAF, adventures!

Plenty of happening areas around here.

My gripe today is dudes that don't follow the ladies first rule. Look! When you are entering a building, bus, subway, elevator, whatever - if there is a lady behind you, you are suppose to hold the door and let them enter. In the cases of subways and that kind of entrance - you are suppose to step to the side and let them enter first.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:47 AM Edited by something_else, 07 December 2011 - 12:50 AM.

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Dec 6 2011, 22:22)
My gripe today is dudes that don't follow the ladies first rule. Look! When you are entering a building, bus, subway, elevator, whatever - if there is a lady behind you, you are suppose to hold the door and let them enter. In the cases of subways and that kind of entrance - you are suppose to step to the side and let them enter first.

I was brought up to be a gentleman, so the whole ladies first thing is second nature to me. I wouldn't ever not hold doors open and so on, it just wouldn't be right. A few years back, after opening and holding a door for a couple of ladies, this obnoxious little woman with a face like the wrong end of a diseased donkey jabbed me in the ribs and had a go at me for being sexist. I tried to point out that I was only trying to be decent, but she wasn't having any of it. I made sure to hold the door open for her after I went through.

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Dec 6 2011, 22:22)

Plenty of happening areas around here.

user posted image

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

Anytime someone makes an opinionated list or top ten of something, there is always a douchebag that says "You forgot <their choice>". I find this extremely annoying, as if the list maker is incompetent and obviously wasn't aware that that choice existed.

Example:

Top 3 worst hair cuts: Faux Hawk, Mullet, Emo bangs

Commenter: "You forgot the fade, that hairstyle is awful."

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (something_else @ Tuesday, Dec 6 2011, 20:47)
I was brought up to be a gentleman, so the whole ladies first thing is second nature to me.

You have good parents. I was raised a gentleman too. It takes no effort and returns many rewards.

Obviously, that guy in the pic is a poser. The watch is a dead giveaway. Also, I would never be caught dead in those pants.

Oh hey, can I let out a bit of a hippie rant since we are here? Younger hippies that aren't hippies, but want to try and look and act like one. I'm telling you folks, you can't put on a hippie act and be an honest person. And just so you all know - the mindset and thinking happens way before you slap on a tiedye and start pontificating as to why war is bad.

Morsaw
  • Morsaw

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 22:08)
QUOTE (Forty @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 22:04)
QUOTE (mikkenugent @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 01:49)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 06:53)
QUOTE (mikkenugent @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 14:47)
Im hatin on a certain part of the forum here right now, the meltin sh*t pot called the V section. The pure lazy speculation and assumptions made by new members overflows that section to the point no real valid discussions,points of view or general good conversations can cultivate. Its to the point I barely see the usual mainstays any longer. I know the simplest answer to my bitch is to all together stop goin to the V section but its hard to do with wantin my self to marvel at whats to come but jesus how many threads need to be opened about Ned Luke or bullsh*t like steak dinners?

Sorry for the rant but I guess this is the best place to shoot off on it. dozingoff.gif

Stop going into the V forum.

But you gonna have to accept it. These new members still don't know how we roll in the forums. Hell in my eyes you yourself are still considered a new member to me.

Just stick to the topics that have an actual title of meaning and you'll be fine.

Yeah I agree as I said in my first post I know my best bet is to stop goin in there for awhile but its kinda hard to sometimes.

BTW my profile is kinda new but thats because I had to make a second profile after my first was hacked.

Most forum regulars don't even consider the GTA V section a normal part of the forum. That is where all the newbies go to rant and rave and froth with excitement over the slightest teased detail. Many of the people there rarely venture into the Lounge sections, which is fine with me. It's the V section now, but every time we get a new GTA announced that section becomes the newbie cesspool and the rest of us veteran members tend to avoid it completely. It's like its own world over there.

The GTAV forum in a helpful list
  • 20 threads on the same thing
  • Release dates "proven" based on random equations
  • Bad trolls

To be honest, I think its best most of us stay away from that part of the forum until a new trailer or something, I mean seriously, the newb sh*t that goes on there is worse than what it was when I first joined this forum =P

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

I hate when girls call you cute, even when they do something with you afterwards it still gets on me titties. Rant over, but that's just what I feel.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:17 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 11 December 2011 - 05:18 PM.

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 15:10)
I hate when girls call you cute, even when they do something with you afterwards it still gets on me titties.

If girls are calling you cute, it may be more to do with you. tounge.gif

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

I hate when girls call you cute, even when they do something with you afterwards it still gets on me titties. Rant over, but that's just what I feel.

You could get called a lot worse than "cute".

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

The V section is going full retard today. Fanboy wars and general whiny-ness is running rampant. I know I'm new here but I only joined to try and have some good discussions related to V. Outside of like 10 people that seems to be impossible in the V section. I'll stop bitching now.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (J-B @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 22:26)
The V section is going full retard today.

Today?

Has the so-called discussion in there ever been good?

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 13:32)

Today?

Sometimes it is. It goes on a thread by thread basis. I'd say an easy 80% of all threads in that section are completely retarded.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 15:17)
I hate when girls call you cute, even when they do something with you afterwards it still gets on me titties.

If girls are calling you cute, it may be more to do with you. tounge.gif

Like personality wise, or like what I said. Yeah that makes sense, still leaves me feeling awkward though because when the girl says your hot or something you can be like, alright lets go do this thing giggity! But when they say your cute you can appreciate it but it just kills off the sexual buzz. That's how I see it anyway. Obviously it ain't a bad thing though.

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (J-B @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 19:37)
QUOTE (Cheat @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 13:32)

Today?

Sometimes it is. It goes on a thread by thread basis. I'd say an easy 80% of all threads in that section are completely retarded.

I hear yea buddy, I just bitched bout the same thing about a week ago. Been looking for the other happenin areas of the forum but it's hard to resist. Best advice, hj's lots and lots of hj's lol. No seriously take the advice given to me and take the time to explore the rest of the forums some fun threads to take part in.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

Something to rant about.

"You should have killed me."
"Nah, you're pretty much dead already."

Right, those two lines have pretty much been overplayed already in Movies and TV. It was used in The Walking Dead, Sons Of Anarchy and countless other movies.

Same thing can be said about a certain Skyrim meme. Overplayed. Though I actually do love it smile.gif

AlfieWilRus
  • AlfieWilRus

I don't know what this is

• Members

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 15:56)
Something to rant about.

"You should have killed me."
"Nah, you're pretty much dead already."

Right, those two lines have pretty much been overplayed already in Movies and TV. It was used in The Walking Dead, Sons Of Anarchy and countless other movies.

Same thing can be said about a certain Skyrim meme. Overplayed. Though I actually do love it smile.gif

What meme and really good movie lines have not been repeated countless of times on other movies or on the internet?

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

If they weren't repeated ad nauseam then they wouldn't be memes. They would just be words.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

I would have gone for originality, but I took an arrow to the knee. (I haven't even played the f*cking game and even I'm doing it!)

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

You know what I can't stand? When someone is constantly telling you how many friends they have or how they know so many people in this place or that. I get it. You're super popular. Good for you.

*slow clap*

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

I agree, I have a friend who's like that. None of us say anything, but it can get a bit irritating, especially when they practically boast of how they spent time talking to a girl the night before. Like, wow, dude, great beans.

Anywho, I could never understand how people could talk to you when they see that you're on the f*cking phone. Like, my God, I don't have super-human ears, so in order to actually hear what the other person is saying, I think it might be reasonable not to have someone walking up to me and asking me a question about this and that, or telling me to tell the person something whilst the other person is actually speaking.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

Today the world is full of those damn memes. I can't escape someone saying "YOU MAD BRO!!!ONE1!," or "TrollfaceLOLZtrolollol". It's not the internet that bothers me with them though, people at my school will use them without knowledge of what they even mean. If someone says something stupid, someone else retorts with "coll story bro!", and I know that if I complain someone is going to say "UMAD?". Seriously, it's getting exhausting.

Then I've got a teacher at my school who is a Mac fanboy, which I wouldn't be so angry about, if it weren't for the fact that he recommends them to students who have no business using the few advantages they have over anything else, and wasting their money. He's also nicknames his classes after memes, and hacker groups, and uses those memes around the students, influencing them to incorrectly use "NOPE CHUCK TESTA," or Trollface.

Oh, and don't get me started on TV nowadays. All I can ever find that I'm interested in is on Adult Swim, or SyFy, but with Syfy turning into the wrestling channel, the only reason to keep Cable is so I can catch Holiday specials, or the occasional airing of shows that I used to watch. (At least Netflix is here to comfort me.)

I have more, but I don't feel like taking up half a forum page.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Dec 16 2011, 20:38)
Oh, and don't get me started on TV nowadays. All I can ever find that I'm interested in is on Adult Swim, or SyFy, but with Syfy turning into the wrestling channel, the only reason to keep Cable is so I can catch Holiday specials, or the occasional airing of shows that I used to watch. (At least Netflix is here to comfort me.)

Keep cable for two channels:

FX - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Sons Of Anarchy
AMC - Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead

Those two networks are worth the price of cable service all by themselves, just for those five shows.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Forty @ Saturday, Dec 17 2011, 12:04)
QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Friday, Dec 16 2011, 20:38)

Keep cable for two channels:

FX - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Sons Of Anarchy
AMC - Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead

Those two networks are worth the price of cable service all by themselves, just for those five shows.

Don't forget, HBO.

I don't even get AMC in my country but still I get to watch Mad Men on FX and The Walking Dead on some FOX channel. I have to download Breaking Bad online though.

And zoo3891, it's not the TV's problem. It's just your problem for not knowing good entertainment. We're in the golden age of television. Television shows are much more better than the sh*t you see in movies.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

TV is f*cking crazy these days. The other night we were watching something and decided to finish watching in the bed room. My wife says "It's channel 1328". There are just way too many channels now, and of course most of them are pure crap.

The only reason we pay the insane cable bill is for a weird hockey reason. Since the owner of our hockey team also happens to own Comcast cable, you have to have Comcast in order to watch our hockey team.

Aside from that - Oprah Winfrey. Can she just please go away.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

@trip It's supposed be the farewell season so she'll hopefully go away

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:27 PM Edited by Evil.Tim, 18 December 2011 - 03:33 PM.

I'm sick of these people turning my facebook wall into 9gag, funnyjunk and whatnot. F*ck, I wish I could just delete them but most of them are actually people I know in real life so it would be awkward if I deleted them.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Sunday, Dec 18 2011, 15:27)
I'm sick of these people turning my facebook wall into 9gag, funnyjunk and whatnot. Fuck, I wish I could just delete them but most of them are actually people I know in real life so it would be awkward if I deleted them.

Can't you just hide future updates from them, or at least filter what you see? I don't have Facebook so I wouldn't know much, but it seems that a social networking site that doesn't give you at least some level of content control is pretty lousy.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Sure, but I'm too lazy to do that for every single one of them at once. I do it one at a time as they come up and there are dozens of these pricks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users