Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

24,576 replies to this topic
BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Shaka-Brah

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BlackScout, 2 weeks ago.

Brazil's politics are just a nuclear fallout, and we're still 6 months away from the election. Our current president managed to get a 3% approval rate (on a 3% margin of error), the favorite candidate is about to be arrested, the second favorite was impeached and we have billionare TV hosts and clothing store CEOs planning on running for presidency. Now there's going to be protests everywhere, to go along with the robberies, shootouts, gang violence, strikes and corruption everywhere.

October's going to be fun.

I know right. Red Dead 2 is going to be released and... /s

Brazil itself is a nuclear fallout. I legitimately fail to understand how people living here manage to somehow be happy and content with their lives. Seriously, it's mind boggling.

If you live in any sort of outskirt everything fails and the government doesn't give a f*ck about you; If you are poor you likely will have no access to education, health, security, etc.

Most of the popular culture is complete trash and we tend to value stupidity over intelligence. If you go against it, you are being racist, xenophobic, what else?

You try going outside you have an absolutely high change of dying in a shooting, robbery, whateverthef*ck (bonus points if you live in Hell de Janeiro)

People's standards seem to be low like nowhere else and never before; We're a HUGE country with a HUGE waste of potential and resources

Part of the world sees us as animals, uneducated people who are loud and stupid "COME TO BRAZIL"...

Do I need to elaborate more? It's not only the politics. Everything is falling apart... :l
Every year I hate this place more and more. I have tried dozens of times to change my own mind against that... I just can't.
It affects me personally, every day. Props for those who still love and believe in this country though. I admire those people.

Clothing Store CEO? What the f*ck?
That big nose TV asshole though... f*ck him.

• ten-a-penny and DOUGL4S1 like this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

When people bitch because they can't afford their daily $6 Starbucks I just think you're bitching about not being able to afford a coffee while there is turmoil all over the world where people are getting shot and killed for protesting and not likling their goverment

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Sheriff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

I also hate when people say they are happy but there are people in clearly happier situations so like y'know init
  • Spider-Vice, Ermac, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

I stubbed my toe on my desk leg and I want to be beheaded. Ouch!?!?!?

GTA_CAT
  • GTA_CAT

One inconformist

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Andorra

Posted 2 weeks ago

Breath deeply and slowly
Calm down and think pain is psychologic
Forget it, a lot of people suffer from furniture related injuries everyday, you won't die and all will be fine

Blaze
  • Blaze

conspiracy clunge is useless clunge

• Super Sleuth Deadass
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

When people bitch because they can't afford their daily $6 Starbucks I just think you're bitching about not being able to afford a coffee while there is turmoil all over the world where people are getting shot and killed for protesting and not likling their goverment

i hate when people complain about ***trivial things*** because ***bad things***

• Ermac, Los Santos citizen, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Feeling that absolutely everything from the moment I woke up has gone badly and life has just been working against me in general. Thank f*ck these days are so rare.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whoever came up with the idea of fermenting yeast needs to be shot.

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

dough a deer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whoever came up with the idea of fermenting yeast needs to be shot.

You mean a wetsuit?

Blaze
  • Blaze

conspiracy clunge is useless clunge

• Super Sleuth Deadass
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

mrw someone gets annoyed because you accidentally ignored their snapchat so u list 5 examples in the last day of them leaving you on read and they get pissy

uxbZYq6.png

• Ignore me likes this

• Sheriff
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted A week ago

I like to think I'm a fairly calm person. I don't really get riled up over nothing, and I take pride in being able to remain calm under varying amounts of pressure. I don't think much matters to a degree that you'll actually benefit from swinging your arms about, frothing at the mouth and hooting uncontrollably like a gorilla nearing its vinegar strokes. Truth be told, I just like to moan, and I'll deliberately pick fault with anything I see just to let off some steam. I think it's healthy.

Imagine my surprise then, that I found myself growing genuinely annoyed at the absence of a hotly anticipated parcel. After some back and forth with an equally confused customer service employee, I realised that it wasn't so much the missing mail that got on my wick, but something else entirely.

Ineptitude.

I love it when people can do their job well. Throw in some flair, like when you see people flipping boxes or glasses like they were born to do it, and you have my attention. I love videos of street food vendors where they can bend ingredients into unfathomable shapes. One of my favourites of all time is this ice cream vendor. To me, his confectionery gymnastics straddle the line between "this man knows his way around ice cream" and "just give him the damn cone already". It's a sweet spot, a fine line, a balance. Bottom line is, I like it when a job is done right and done in a manner that makes you appreciate the work they do.

Courier companies have no such flair. I'm not disrespecting the good delivery men and women who work for these companies, because much of the time it isn't their fault. It isn't even their fault when they're caught throwing expensive boxes into people's gardens to meet demand. If they weren't treated like cattle, they'd have much more time to actually deliver parcels and not attempt to impersonate Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on their rounds. What riles me more than this is when nobody seems to know what's going on. The people that you trust, those customer services lines with the hold music that makes us melt with annoyance, they have a duty to know what's going on. When I give them an order number and my post code, I'd like to know where my item is and why it's on it's way back to the depot instead of coming to my house. Instead, I was met with the auditory equivalent of a shrug and told I would receive a phone call when they know more.

Call me skeptical, but things usually aren't just sent back for no reason. There's always a reason, or even a footnote added at the bottom of their order details that could give even a scrap of context. I don't care if their excuse is "didn't deliver, sending it back, his house reminds me out of something from Scooby Doo", I could at least attempt to rectify an issue rather than sit on my thumbs like a twat waiting.

Being inept is not a disability. It is laziness, ignorance, and it is a curse on hardworking individuals that pay for a service or product.

• Menstrual Deranged likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

Frightened Rabbit's singer died. I'm pretty f*cking miffed. RIP Scott Hutchinson.

Short Stay
  • Short Stay

Two legs good, six legs better

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Frightened Rabbit's singer died. I'm pretty f*cking miffed. RIP Scott Hutchinson.

Seconded. He only lived a few miles away.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

CEX are ripoff merchants.

Inttelix
  • Inttelix

is a

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

And when you just think that the economical situation in Brazil could not get any worse and there are 14 million unemployed: Gas prices are up again.

2 american dollars per liter. 

And Venezuela is donating a gasoline truck for a kilo of rice.

• ten-a-penny and DOUGL4S1 like this

• Sheriff
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted A week ago

Update - I have been flagged for fraud because I attempted to change the delivery date to today... the date I originally picked in the first place, but that apparently wasn't to be because I received a text saying it was arriving yesterday.

Confused? Welcome, brother. Now I'm going to go in-store and resist the urge to ankle tap them. I don't even want a phone. It was a for a phone. I might just go and live in the woods for all the convenience this has rewarded me.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Big Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, A week ago.

And when you just think that the economical situation in Brazil could not get any worse and there are 14 million unemployed: Gas prices are up again.

2 american dollars per liter. 

And Venezuela is donating a gasoline truck for a kilo of rice.

And the worst of all is Petrobras is having one of their most profitable years. Yesterday they made an $8 Billion profit because of the US' sanctions against Iran, but they outright refuse to pass on this profit to the population. Every cent goes to bribe politicians or to its CEO's bank account.

The good part is that if Trump continues to do his thing, gas prices might actually go down here.

• Inttelix likes this

Inttelix
  • Inttelix

is a

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

Im going to buy a gasoline truck and drive to Venezuela.

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

> government launches a mobile emergency alert system with no option to opt-out
> uses it to issue an amber alert on the other side of the f*cking province twice an hour

f*ck you.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

Those c*nts over at Syfy cancelled The Expanse, I am f*cking livid!

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy likes this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Sheriff
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Lock Of The Year
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted A week ago

SyFy cancel everything decent, so I'm not surprised.

...yeah SyFy, ya bastards... Farscape still had loads more in the tank, much more than just the Peacekeeper Wars.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

Apparently the producers are in talks with Netflix and Amazon. Unlike Syfy they realise just how much weight this series has.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

The Expanse was wank anyway though.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

Yer wank.

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

Chrome Toyota Lootbox

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I hate when I accidentally pick up the cheap hotdog buns that fall apart.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

My god, will the media shut the f*ck up about the royal wedding... I somewhat support the existence of the royal family in this day and age, but Harry is, what, 5/6th (I can't keep up) in line to the throne? The amount of fuss being made over this is making me nauseous.
  • fashion likes this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 5 days ago

My god, will the media shut the f*ck up about the royal wedding... I somewhat support the existence of the royal family in this day and age, but Harry is, what, 5/6th (I can't keep up) in line to the throne? The amount of fuss being made over this is making me nauseous.

At least you get to hear the positive stuff about it while here in the U.S, Megan Half Sister is on every god damn morning/afternoon/evening/mid evening/late night/mid night talk show bitching moaning and goaning about how she and her side of the family isn't invited to the wedding.

But I gotta admit though it's mildly amusing it to hear her whining and crying and claiming she isn't jealous but her skin is green as the hulk and I almost died from lost of air from her appearance on Good Morning Britain with Pier Morgan when he called her a little vulture the look on her face was priceless so I can see why she didn't invite any of them to the wedding they're all famewhoring none of them had anything to do with her before she met Harry but now all the sudden she getting married to a Prince they want back in her life?

Harry picked a good one though she's cute and got a nice ass

*wonders if we'll get to see her bazooms like we did Kate Middletons*

Update - I have been flagged for fraud because I attempted to change the delivery date to today... the date I originally picked in the first place, but that apparently wasn't to be because I received a text saying it was arriving yesterday.

Confused? Welcome, brother. Now I'm going to go in-store and resist the urge to ankle tap them. I don't even want a phone. It was a for a phone. I might just go and live in the woods for all the convenience this has rewarded me.

My phone company irritates the f*ck outta me too whenever it comes time to upgrade my phone because every time I try to do it online they either cancel the order outright even after taking the money out of my account or they hold the order pending a fraud investigation without fail for the last three year my order was flagged as "fraud" even though the order was being billed to MY ACCOUNT and being shipped to the address on MY ACCOUNT.

So I have to go though a bunch of questions and answers with them to verify my identity such as answering questions such as which address have you used within the last 20 years....

[i]*I've lived in two difference countries and like 10 difference cities in the last 20 years how am I suppose to remember every address?* 

and if my answers to their questions doesn't satisfy them I have to take a PICTURE of myself holding up a copy of my most recent cell phone bill with my name and address visible along with my drivers license in the picture as well.

If cell service wasn't so spotty in the area with other carriers I would switch but Verizon is the only carrier in the area where I get more than one bar and my call don't drop.

I've had Sprint and T-Mobile before and both suck compare to Verizon even though they're cheaper

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

At least you get to hear the positive stuff about it while here in the U.S, Megan Half Sister is on every god damn morning/afternoon/evening/mid evening/late night/mid night talk show bitching moaning and goaning about how she and her side of the family isn't invited to the wedding.

I'd be lying if hearing this correspondence across the pond didn't make me feel a little more open-minded about this circus.

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Ai®aCob®a, 5 days ago.

I've been DVRing Inside Edition the last two weeks JUST so I can hear what she has to say today and so far I haven't been disappointed but come Monday she won't be on there anymore unless they start interviewing her about how she wasn't invited on the honeymoon and allowed to f*ck Harry or something and if she does I wouldn't be surprise as she has proved to be all kind of wacko and I don't mean Michael Jackson wacko but batsh*t crazy wacko

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Why do Americans fascinate over the royal family here? I mean, the Canadians I get (Commonwealth and all that sh*t), but why do the Yanks celebrate these occasions as if they're the second coming? Is it because you don't have a monarchy, or something? For the record, I'm neither here nor there when it comes to the royal family; I just wish the media wouldn't devote 90% of their coverage towards a glorified dole couple wedding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users